Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

didn't know if this was "tears of my enemies" or "nassar fuckhead" thread, so I'll post this as a stand alone.

+10
Watch Out Pylon!
duffy munn
MiamiSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
Cameron
kingstonlake
WhiteBoyHatcher
y2kMgrad
tGreenWay
DWags
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

didn't know if this was "tears of my enemies" or "nassar fuckhead" thread, so I'll post this as a stand alone.   - Page 2 Empty Re: didn't know if this was "tears of my enemies" or "nassar fuckhead" thread, so I'll post this as a stand alone.

Post by Wally Fairway 14/01/19, 12:23 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Wally Fairway wrote:
This is where I am  - the hire was wrong, very wrong. And someone at UM had the sense to see to it that she was fired.

I have a lot of respect for Denhollander for being the force behind Nassar being investigated by the Indianapolis Star and having criminal charges brought forward.

Were her comments about football off-base, yes/maybe, but I'll give her a pass.

I'm not here much anymore, but have y'all discussed Diane Byrums tweet?
https://twitter.com/DianneByrum/status/1084139531237056512

While I'm glad to see her stand up to Engler, I find it hard to believe that she thinks he doesn't speak for the BOT or the University. If she really feels that the (Interim) President of the University doesn't speak for the institution then shouldn't she be taking steps to have him ousted from that position?
She doesn't say that he doesn't speak for the University, only that he doesn't speak for the Board.  And he shouldn't speak for the Board, as he is not part of the Board.
I understand the difference & you understand the difference - but since it took the BOT over a month to make their comment then I'm thinking that absent earlier notice the public believed that Engler did speak for the University and BOT.

I think it is laid out fairly well in this article
https://www.chronicle.com/article/Backlash-Is-Fierce-for/245467

Seriously with a rift like this it is time for Engler to step down, or the BOT to thank him for his service and move forward. I think the only choice would be for Byrum (or another BOT member) to be named the interim president until the search is completed.
This public discussion of the differences on the survivor fund should not be carried out via public news releases or tweets; that is a very poor for the leadership of the University to conduct their business

Last edited by Wally Fairway on 14/01/19, 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added comment and link to The Chronicle of Higher Education)
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

didn't know if this was "tears of my enemies" or "nassar fuckhead" thread, so I'll post this as a stand alone.   - Page 2 Empty Re: didn't know if this was "tears of my enemies" or "nassar fuckhead" thread, so I'll post this as a stand alone.

Post by Guest 14/01/19, 12:25 pm

Credit where credit is due.   The News does better with it's headline:

MSU, UM find professor sexually harassed grad students

Lansing — Investigations conducted by Michigan State University and the University of Michigan found a political science professor sexually harassed graduate students.

The Lansing State Journal reports that Michigan State hired a consulting firm last year to investigate allegations against William Jacoby.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 14/01/19, 09:13 pm

Posting this, but haven't read it.

[tw]1084970518477004800[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2