Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has enos done enough for consideration when Dantonio’s leaves

+9
NigelUno
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
steveschneider
Nordic
duffy munn
WhiteBoyHatcher
kingstonlake
DWags
13 posters

Go down

Has enos done enough for consideration when Dantonio’s leaves Empty Has enos done enough for consideration when Dantonio’s leaves

Post by DWags 1/13/2019, 1:24 pm

Worked Bamas offense Arkansas now Miami. Did flop at central. What does he have to do to make you comfortable?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Has enos done enough for consideration when Dantonio’s leaves Empty Re: Has enos done enough for consideration when Dantonio’s leaves

Post by Guest 1/13/2019, 1:39 pm

DWags wrote:Worked Bamas offense Arkansas now Miami. Did flop at central. What does he have to do to make you comfortable?

Enos spent three seasons from 2015 to 2017 as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach for Arkansas under then-head coach Bret Bielema. His time as offensive coordinator was highlighted by an 8–5 record and Liberty Bowl win in his first season as offensive coordinator in 2015

His bio speaks of how great his offense was yet somehow Bielema got fired....wonder how that happened?

Maybe it was that every year he was there ppg declined? From 36 to 30 to 29...from 27th in the nation to 62nd in the nation in scoring.

He won't be the choice when the time comes unless he performs miracles at Miami.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Has enos done enough for consideration when Dantonio’s leaves Empty Re: Has enos done enough for consideration when Dantonio’s leaves

Post by DWags 1/13/2019, 1:44 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:Worked Bamas offense Arkansas now Miami. Did flop at central. What does he have to do to make you comfortable?

Enos spent three seasons from 2015 to 2017 as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach for Arkansas under then-head coach Bret Bielema. His time as offensive coordinator was highlighted by an 8–5 record and Liberty Bowl win in his first season as offensive coordinator in 2015

His bio speaks of how great his offense was yet somehow Bielema got fired....wonder how that happened?

Maybe it was that every year he was there ppg declined? From 36 to 30 to 29...from 27th in the nation to 62nd in the nation in scoring.

He won't be the choice when the time comes unless he performs miracles at Miami.

I wouldn’t be comfortable but he’ll be considered. Depends on who else we can get
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 1/13/2019, 1:45 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

Maybe it was that every year he was there ppg declined?   From 36 to 30 to 29...from 27th in the nation to 62nd in the nation in scoring.

I've been told that kind of trend when evaluating a team or person is irrelevant and cherry picking.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/13/2019, 1:50 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Maybe it was that every year he was there ppg declined?   From 36 to 30 to 29...from 27th in the nation to 62nd in the nation in scoring.

I've been told that kind of trend when evaluating a team or person is irrelevant and cherry picking.

Smoke a bowl and get over it. You're much too tense lately.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 1/13/2019, 1:54 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I'm agreeing with you dude. I'm saying others have said you can't use a downward trend as an evaluation tool.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 1/13/2019, 2:11 pm

He won't be considered unless you think the Dantonio regime will end in an ugly divorce. Dantonio will have a say in picking his successor and Enos would not be among those he considers. There is something there.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 1/13/2019, 2:19 pm

If Dantonio retired today I would say no. Enos' resume is alright but not great. I'm assuming Coach D will be here at least through 2020. If Enos kills it at the U, I bet he is offered another MAC job or a gig with a struggling team in a big time conference. Then we would get a real look at his ability to run his own program.

I wouldn't rule Enos out to land here someday but think he needs to prove himself more.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 1/13/2019, 2:20 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:He won't be considered unless you think the Dantonio regime will end in an ugly divorce. Dantonio will have a say in picking his successor and Enos would not be among those he considers. There is something there.

What's the story on the relationship between Dantonio and Enos? This isn't the first time I've heard someone suggest it's strained.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 1/13/2019, 2:28 pm

No
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 1/13/2019, 2:29 pm

For what it’s worth Lynne Henning thinks he’s the next one in line. I don’t buy it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 1/13/2019, 3:07 pm

Nordic wrote:No

Second
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 1/13/2019, 3:14 pm

duffy munn wrote:If Dantonio retired today I would say no. Enos' resume is alright but not great. I'm assuming Coach D will be here at least through 2020. If Enos kills it at the U, I bet he is offered another MAC job or a gig with a struggling team in a big time conference. Then we would get a real look at his ability to run his own program.

I wouldn't rule Enos out to land here someday but think he needs to prove himself more.
 Has enos done enough for consideration when Dantonio’s leaves 1f62c
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/13/2019, 3:25 pm

steveschneider wrote:For what it’s worth Lynne Henning thinks he’s the next one in line. I don’t buy it.

If Henning thinks he's next it's a guarantee he's not.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 1/13/2019, 4:20 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:For what it’s worth Lynne Henning thinks he’s the next one in line. I don’t buy it.

If Henning thinks he's next it's a guarantee he's not.

Yeah, I have no idea where he was pulling that shit from. I’m guessing it will be Tressel.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 1/13/2019, 4:26 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:He won't be considered unless you think the Dantonio regime will end in an ugly divorce. Dantonio will have a say in picking his successor and Enos would not be among those he considers. There is something there.

I don’t think Enos will be a head coach here. However, my guess is Dantonio won’t even want to be on the committee. Just a feeling
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 1/13/2019, 6:02 pm

I'd like to know why he left Alabama.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 1/13/2019, 6:07 pm

NigelUno wrote:

Miami.
Beaches

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 1/13/2019, 6:14 pm

NigelUno wrote:

Then ask him.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 1/13/2019, 6:25 pm

Live from I M Circle the cheer and dance team look ready for the National competition on Thursday in Orlando

Dance is wearing teal not green. Tribute dance.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 1/13/2019, 6:25 pm

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Miami.
Beaches

I guess it worked out for Saban.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 1/13/2019, 6:36 pm

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

Miami.
Beaches

I guess it worked out for Saban.

Has enos done enough for consideration when Dantonio’s leaves 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 1/13/2019, 7:21 pm

DWags wrote:Live from I M Circle the cheer and dance team look ready for the National competition on Thursday in Orlando

Pics, dammit.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 1/13/2019, 7:28 pm

Cameron wrote:
DWags wrote:Live from I M Circle the cheer and dance team look ready for the National competition on Thursday in Orlando

Pics, dammit.

I’ve been told it’s not allowed until after they do their dance in Orlando. If another parent does that’s on them. I’m innocent. The lacrosse team is here wearing MSU dance stuff. Nice guys. Funny.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 1/13/2019, 7:34 pm

DWags wrote:
However, my guess is Dantonio won’t even want to be on the committee. Just a feeling

Why? You think this thing ends ugly?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 1/13/2019, 7:49 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
DWags wrote:
However, my guess is Dantonio won’t even want to be on the committee. Just a feeling

Why? You think this thing ends ugly?

Nope. From what I know of him and his wife it’s just not their scene. He’s the type that won’t be heard a lot from after. I’m sure he’d give his opinion if asked but he’s not a guy who needs to pick his replacement. This is just my opinion.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 1/13/2019, 11:07 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I'm agreeing with you dude. I'm saying others have said you can't use a downward trend as an evaluation tool.
If you're referring to me, quit lying about what I said. If you're not referring to me, carry on.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 1/19/2023, 12:17 am

[tw]1615926720426655744?s=20&t=2ptsZ5eHBdW4s5Jzxra9rg[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 1/19/2023, 8:15 am

Turtleneck wrote:[tw]1615926720426655744?s=20&t=2ptsZ5eHBdW4s5Jzxra9rg[/tw]

Again?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 1/19/2023, 9:14 am

I really wish I could see the tweets on this site, while on the work computer.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 1/19/2023, 11:28 am

InTenSity wrote:I really wish I could see the tweets on this site, while on the work computer.

Arky needs to replace Kendall Briles at OC, since he just hired in at TCU. Looks like the pigs are going to hire Dan Enos as his replacement. It will be Enos’ second stint as the piggies’ OC.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

InTenSity likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down