Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toyota Prius

+17
GRR Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
Death Roe
AvgMSUJoe
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
Jake from State Farm
The Pantry
Turtleneck
Cameron
Nordic
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
I.B. Fine
Travis of the Cosmos
steveschneider
21 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Toyota Prius - Page 5 Empty Re: Toyota Prius

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-01-23, 09:22

Public transportation can be great, Steve. I can get to the airport for $9 via train in the same amount of time as driving (quicker if you assume there is traffic). I think it’s huge to having a thriving downtown, getting people out of their cute little burbs to experience something outside of Olive Garden or Applebee’s.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-23, 09:29

TheReal_LWS wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

True. But I saved money and I have a stronger immune system as a result. When these lethal strains of the flu or seasonal bugs come around I rarely get them. I did get the swine flu but I blame it on my office. Two other coworkers had it and it was working it’s way up and down the corridor. Some idiots come in to work sick to try to show the boss how dedicated they are and well when you are around someone like that 8-10hrs a day it’s bound to happen.

Yeah, my immune system is just fine without being on someone else's schedule....and contacting millions of other disgusting individuals' germs.

If you have a weak immune system then stay away from public transportation. Your schedule line makes no sense. As if an accident or broken down American made car stopping traffic won’t impact your schedule.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2019-01-23, 09:29

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Public transportation can be great, Steve. I can get to the airport for $9 via train in the same amount of time as driving (quicker if you assume there is traffic). I think it’s huge to having a thriving downtown, getting people out of their cute little burbs to experience something outside of Olive Garden or Applebee’s.

People that live in cities or burbs are stupid.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-01-23, 09:30

TheReal_LWS wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Public transportation can be great, Steve. I can get to the airport for $9 via train in the same amount of time as driving (quicker if you assume there is traffic). I think it’s huge to having a thriving downtown, getting people out of their cute little burbs to experience something outside of Olive Garden or Applebee’s.

Why’s that? Also, I’m not sure if this is factually true. I think there are studies out there. Rural areas are generally less intelligent and have huge problems with meth.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2019-01-23, 09:38

TheReal_LWS wrote:

You know what's stupid? Gross generalizations, but I suspect you know that.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-23, 09:52

Couldn't agree more. Plus it's cost effective and efficient. You save money and time.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2019-01-23, 09:53

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

Why’s that? Also, I’m not sure if this is factually true. I think there are studies out there. Rural areas are generally less intelligent and have huge problems with meth.

Says the avowed pot smoker of the board. LOL
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-01-23, 10:00

Yikes^. I guess my point has been proven, but I’m sure he is just fishing for attention. Suburbanites and city slickers of the swill, be smart and do not take the bait!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-23, 10:04

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Yikes^. I guess my point has been proven, but I’m sure he is just fishing for attention. Suburbanites and city slickers of the swill, be smart and do not take the bait!
I walk, run.. ride my bike or take public transit to most places.

however, if I want to go to an All-U-Can-Eat restaurant or need some more beef stix.. or maybe wish to attend the Greater Oscoda County Greased Pig Chase and Hogback Supper, I gas up my American made truck, throw the kids into it.. and go have ourselves a big time.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-01-23, 10:06

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Yikes^. I guess my point has been proven, but I’m sure he is just fishing for attention. Suburbanites and city slickers of the swill, be smart and do not take the bait!

Please consider rehab for your marijuana use otpt. I don’t want you to go down the same path as so many others who became addicted to the devils lettuce.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-23, 10:07

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Please consider rehab for your marijuana use otpt. I don’t want you to go down the same path as so many others who became addicted to the devils lettuce.

Toyota Prius - Page 5 502811600
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-01-23, 10:10

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Please consider rehab for your marijuana use otpt. I don’t want you to go down the same path as so many others who became addicted to the devils lettuce.

Speaking of. Where can I legally (or even semi-legally) buy?

I voted for the POT now I want some POT, DAMMIT!
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-23, 10:11

I'll keep OTPT firmly in my thoughts and prayers as he battles the demon my church simply refers to as.. the "jazz cabbage".

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-01-23, 10:12

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

however, if I want to go to an All-U-Can-Eat restaurant or need some more beef stix.. or maybe wish to attend the Greater Oscoda County Greased Pig Chase and Hogback Supper, I gas up my American made truck, throw the kids into it.. and go have ourselves a big time.

Greased pig chase and hogback supper Toyota Prius - Page 5 1966794946

I’m with ya Bobby, walking or biking places seem to have great health benefits - not only physically but mentally as well. I walk to work and bike to friends’ places/parks around the city. If I’m in a car, I’m usually headed west into the mountains. I can’t imagine driving to work every day and being caught in that fucking rat race of traffic.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-23, 10:16

Robert J Sakimano wrote: I walk, run.. ride my bike or take public transit to most places.

I’m with ya Bobby, walking or biking places seem to have great health benefits - not only physically but mentally as well. I walk to work and bike to friends’ places/parks around the city. If I’m in a car, I’m usually headed west into the mountains. I can’t imagine driving to work every day and being caught in that fucking rat race of traffic.

I bought an old Schwinn cruiser last summer for 150.00. American made, has a light, a bell and is in an attractive black. Thing rides smooth and people always compliment the bike when they see it. I enjoy a nice slow ride down to the local pub for a pint and a mellow ride back on up to my house when I have a nice buzz. Fantastic way to travel.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-23, 10:16

Robert J Sakimano wrote: I walk, run.. ride my bike or take public transit to most places.

you're a great American.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-23, 10:18

steveschneider wrote:

I bought an old Schwinn cruiser last summer for 150.00. American made, has a light, a bell and is in an attractive black. Thing rides smooth and people always compliment the bike when they see it. I enjoy a nice slow ride down to the local pub for a pint and a mellow ride back on up to my house when I have a nice buzz. Fantastic way to travel.
as long as it's made in America - the land that I love - you have my blessing.

Toyota Prius - Page 5 Greenwood1-400x300

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-01-23, 10:18

This whole thread was just an elaborate set up to have an intervention otpt. You walked right into it.

We’re coming from a place of love otpt. I know you were high on at least two marijuanas when you were posting the other night. I know you were. Would you like to apologize?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-01-23, 10:22

steveschneider wrote:

I have a schwinn too Steve! Although it’s more of a road bike than a cruiser. You bring up a great point - in the summer we always bar hop on bikes. That’s fucking happiness right there, Steve.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-01-23, 10:23

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I know you were high on at least two marijuanas when you were posting the other night. I know you were. Would you like to apologize?

Toyota Prius - Page 5 1966794946

Would you rather have it be two meths, mom?!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-23, 10:24

OTPT, if you'd like to PM me your address, I'll send you something to keep you warm at night.. when you're struggling with the bitter cold of temptation.

it keeps me company on my journey and I pray it will do the same for you.

Toyota Prius - Page 5 Il_570xN.1494724918_iezo

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-01-23, 10:25

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I know you were high on at least two marijuanas when you were posting the other night. I know you were. Would you like to apologize?

Toyota Prius - Page 5 1966794946

Would you rather have it be two meths, mom?!

I’d rather it be two sober thoughts of love and devotion to your savior
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-01-23, 10:28

OTPT if you want to take some public trans to Michigan (Greyhound is nice) I can pick you up from the bus station in my wife's Chrysler Fiat Pacifica and we can smoke some pot in it.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-23, 10:30

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:OTPT if you want to take some public trans to Michigan (Greyhound is nice) I can pick you up from the bus station in my wife's Chrysler Fiat Pacifica and we can smoke some pot in it.

Toyota Prius - Page 5 1966794946 Toyota Prius - Page 5 1966794946 Toyota Prius - Page 5 1966794946 Toyota Prius - Page 5 1966794946
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-01-23, 10:31

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:OTPT if you want to take some public trans to Michigan (Greyhound is nice) I can pick you up from the bus station in my wife's Chrysler Fiat Pacifica and we can smoke some pot in it.

“Trans” wbh? Good Lord otpt do not follow him into the darkness of sin. Follow me, and bob, to the light!
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-01-23, 11:08

“Trans” wbh? Good Lord otpt do not follow him into the darkness of sin. Follow me, and bob, to the light!

You know they can READ now, right? How are we supposed to protect our children from their evil?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-01-23, 11:19

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-23, 11:58

How do you get to the train?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-23, 12:20

DWags wrote:

I used to walk to the train. Whenever I go to the city now I take a bus. It's 55.00 round trip and it's worth every penny. I forget the costs of tolls and tunnel fees but it's easily over $20.00 and that doesn't include costs of gas or parking. Also the buses have a special entrance ramp to the tunnel so you usually zip right by all the cars.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-23, 12:24

steveschneider wrote:
DWags wrote:

I used to walk to the train. Whenever I go to the city now I take a bus. It's 55.00 round trip and it's worth every penny. I forget the costs of tolls and tunnel fees but it's easily over $20.00 and that doesn't include costs of gas or parking. Also the buses have a special entrance ramp to the tunnel so you usually zip right by all the cars.

I can’t imagine even having a car in New York. The parking a month alone is more than my mortgage.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-23, 12:29

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I can’t imagine even having a car in New York. The parking a month alone is more than my mortgage.
why do you hate Lee Greenwood so much?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2019-01-23, 12:40

steveschneider wrote:
DWags wrote:

How far out of town do you live? Sounds like more than a bike ride.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-23, 12:45

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

You aren't kidding. Just parking on the street is a huge risk too. Cars back in to your grill hard when parallel parking so you are going to get all sorts of dings and scrapes. Also the garbage trucks do not give a fuck and parked cars get swiped all the time.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-01-23, 12:49

DWags wrote:

I walk to the station. It’s like a 10 minute walk.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-23, 12:50

I.B. Fine wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I left the city over 2 years ago. I'm an hour and twenty minutes away. I wouldn't even recommend biking in the city. I've known multiple people that have been hit by cars. I knew a lady that had to get her ankle completely reconstructed. I had one friend get drilled in the biking lane and he fucked up his back. Also, a lot of drivers don't stop they put the pedal to the metal and just leave you laying on the road. Not worth it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-23, 12:53

steveschneider wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

I left the city over 2 years ago. I'm an hour and twenty minutes away. I wouldn't even recommend biking in the city. I've known multiple people that have been hit by cars. I knew a lady that had to get her ankle completely reconstructed. I had one friend get drilled in the biking lane and he fucked up his back. Also, a lot of drivers don't stop they put the pedal to the metal and just leave you laying on the road. Not worth it.
you should consider relocating to Mio.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-23, 13:02

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

you should consider relocating to Mio.

Toyota Prius - Page 5 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-01-23, 13:03

Robert J Sakimano wrote:OTPT, if you'd like to PM me your address, I'll send you something to keep you warm at night.. when you're struggling with the bitter cold of temptation.

Their hearts can only love one thing? That's kind of shitty.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-23, 13:09

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:OTPT, if you'd like to PM me your address, I'll send you something to keep you warm at night.. when you're struggling with the bitter cold of temptation.

Their hearts can only love one thing? That's kind of shitty.
yes but that one thing can bring you eternal salvation.

(and touchdowns.. no-hitters.. stuff like that)...

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2019-01-23, 13:49

DWags wrote:

I walk to the station. It’s like a 10 minute walk.

I just drive my lifted F350 diesel to where I want to go. Prius better move outta my way.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next