Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Check your alcohol on the banks of these three rivers this year in Michigan

+13
steveschneider
Nordic
AvgMSUJoe
Floyd Robertson
Senior Dickfist
y2kMgrad
The Pantry
duffy munn
WhiteBoyHatcher
tTito
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
17 posters

Go down

Check your alcohol on the banks of these three rivers this year in Michigan Empty Check your alcohol on the banks of these three rivers this year in Michigan

Post by DWags Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:07 pm

No go on the alcohol.  Pine, AuSable and Manistee.   I get it.  when I was a young man the Pine was fucking crazy sometime and all you need is a drunk tourist thinking they know what they're doing.  But when the summer came and the river's slowed, it was just fun.  Now, we're all screwed.

AuSable River between Mio Dam Pond and 4001 Canoe Landing
Manistee River between Tippy Dam and the Huron-Manistee National Forests’ administrative boundary
Pine River between Elm Flats and Low Bridge

It's going to hurt tourism if they start busting a bunch of people.

Alcohol a no go on three rivers
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Check your alcohol on the banks of these three rivers this year in Michigan Empty Re: Check your alcohol on the banks of these three rivers this year in Michigan

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:14 pm

Dumb. Glad to hear the nazis don’t take away the right on private property
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Check your alcohol on the banks of these three rivers this year in Michigan Empty Re: Check your alcohol on the banks of these three rivers this year in Michigan

Post by tGreenWay Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:17 pm

At least they don’t arrest people in canoes for swearing anymore. I hope.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:31 pm

No worries, I'll be smoking the best weed money can buy and chugging GatorAid to stay hydrated. cheers
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:37 pm

There are businesses that cater to booze floats. Like This place

Hope they did this in a way to not interfere with those.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:40 pm

I have a Pine River story that features grain alcohol and blotter acid. I should probably not elaborate.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:11 pm

WTF? "The penalty for violating the order is a fine of up to $5,000 and up to six months in jail."
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:13 pm

Drinking and kayaking is killing this state.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:19 pm

Nanny state.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:11 am

y2kMgrad wrote:Drinking and kayaking is killing this state.

lol!
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:46 pm

Sounds like pressure got to the powers that be. I imagine there were a ton of merchants pissed. Decision delayed. Beer and canoeing still a go for now.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:00 am

[tw]1139169972071149569[/tw]

The original plan, announced in February, would have banned alcohol between May 24 and Sept. 2 on portions of the AuSable, Manistee and Pine rivers in the Huron-Manistee National Forest. It received major backlash from people across the state.

On Wednesday, the U.S. Forest Service announced the new plan, which will not include the ban on alcohol. The new plan calls for educating the public about the values and benefits of their wild and scenic rivers and empower visitors to be good river stewards.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:30 am

I fly fished back in the day... these rivers are not the rifle river, these are world class trout waters.
Hard to do it with drunk idiots puking and tossing cans up and down their pristine shores.

On the other hand, drunk bikini girls are always fun to look at.

Torn.

AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:16 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:[tw]1139169972071149569[/tw]

The original plan, announced in February, would have banned alcohol between May 24 and Sept. 2 on portions of the AuSable, Manistee and Pine rivers in the Huron-Manistee National Forest. It received major backlash from people across the state.

On Wednesday, the U.S. Forest Service announced the new plan, which will not include the ban on alcohol. The new plan calls for educating the public about the values and benefits of their wild and scenic rivers and empower visitors to be good river stewards.

Translation: No one was booking float trips this summer.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:27 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I fly fished back in the day... these rivers are not the rifle river, these are world class trout waters.
Hard to do it with drunk idiots puking and tossing cans up and down their pristine shores.

Torn.

Yeah, there's a few swimming holes around here in very pristine areas. I live by one with a water fall that's incredible.

Two things that are killing it:

1) there's a cliff that you can jump off of and once a year someone dies, gets paralyzed or loses a leg from a very serious fracture.

2) they are turning into cookout spots where people bring radios and beer. No problem with the beer but they do a terrible job at clean up. You can find cans in the water and stuff like broken water balloons on the rocks etc. It's pretty infuriating actually. The old Boy Scout credo of leave the place how you find out should really be embraced by drunks. Do that and these types of bans probably wouldn't be an issue.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:53 pm

I’ve never left a single trace behind Steve.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:17 pm

I bet steve leaves a huge carbon footprint. Fuckin hypocrite.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:31 pm

steveschneider wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:I fly fished back in the day... these rivers are not the rifle river, these are world class trout waters.

Torn.

Yeah, there's a few swimming holes around here in very pristine areas. I live by one with a water fall that's incredible.

1) there's a cliff that you can jump off of and once a year someone dies, gets paralyzed or loses a leg from a very serious fracture.

2) they are turning into cookout spots where people bring radios and beer. No problem with the beer but they do a terrible job at clean up. You can find cans in the water and stuff like broken water balloons on the rocks etc. It's pretty infuriating actually. The old Boy Scout credo of leave the place how you find out should really be embraced by drunks. Do that and these types of bans probably wouldn't be an issue.

Our family always thought if you can carry it in you can carry it out. Especially because it’s probably lighter.

People are idiots.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:59 pm

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Our family always thought if you can carry it in you can carry it out. Especially because it’s probably lighter.

People are idiots.

It's that simple and I salute you.

Yeah, growing up in Michigan we spent a lot of time up on the shores of Lake Michigan and like you my family was strict about doing what we could to keep it pristine. Hoping this near ban raises awareness in the area and people do better at managing their empty beverages on the rivers.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:00 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I bet steve leaves a huge carbon footprint. Fuckin hypocrite.

This
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:01 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I bet steve leaves a huge carbon footprint. Fuckin hypocrite.

I wish I had a Robert Sakamino style post on hand to respond to how small my carbon footprint is. I'm thinking something along the lines of when he makes us aware of low his resting heart rate is.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:15 pm

steveschneider wrote:

I wish I had a Robert Sakamino style post on hand to respond to how small my carbon footprint is. I'm thinking something along the lines of when he makes us aware of low his resting heart rate is.

Do you heat your house solely from furious lovemaking? Do you plant a tree every time you post here? Do you only eat vegetables grown in a no-till field? Because I do. Get on my level bro.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:21 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Do you heat your house solely from furious lovemaking? Do you plant a tree every time you post here? Do you only eat vegetables grown in a no-till field? Because I do. Get on my level bro.
Check your alcohol on the banks of these three rivers this year in Michigan 3493939353 Check your alcohol on the banks of these three rivers this year in Michigan 3493939353 Check your alcohol on the banks of these three rivers this year in Michigan 3493939353 Check your alcohol on the banks of these three rivers this year in Michigan 3493939353 Check your alcohol on the banks of these three rivers this year in Michigan 3493939353
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:55 pm

Nordic wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:[tw]1139169972071149569[/tw]

Actual translation: mother fucking congressbitches got calls. And they said WTF to the forest, who then backtracked.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:19 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Do you heat your house solely from furious lovemaking? Do you plant a tree every time you post here? Do you only eat vegetables grown in a no-till field? Because I do. Get on my level bro.
Dude - we all go over to your house to warm it with some lovemaking; tell Mrs. Pylon the guys from tSwill say hi!

And just for the record, I only eat animals that eat organically grown feed - so I'm a 2nd generation vegetarian...hogs are magical creatures that can take vegetables and turn them into ham, bacon and ribs. All of which I cook in my solar powered smokers, whilst drinking GMO free beer.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:31 pm

Wally Fairway wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Do you heat your house solely from furious lovemaking? Do you plant a tree every time you post here? Do you only eat vegetables grown in a no-till field? Because I do. Get on my level bro.
Dude - we all go over to your house to warm it with some lovemaking; tell Mrs. Pylon the guys from tSwill say hi!

And just for the record, I only eat animals that eat organically grown feed - so I'm a 2nd generation vegetarian...hogs are magical creatures that can take vegetables and turn them into ham, bacon and ribs. All of which I cook in my solar powered smokers, whilst drinking GMO free beer.

I've gone bacon free, trying to avoid nitrates.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:45 pm

steveschneider wrote:

Torn.

Broken water ballons are the worst.  Whoever leaves those behind needs to be shot.  Easy to clean up after the pop.

Last edited by StylesGShmooth on Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:48 pm

It’s like that saying I came up with when I was a child prodigy studying at Juilliard: Take only pictures, leave only footprints.

I’m deep, motherfuckers. Alan Watts can chow my sack.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:49 pm

Who needs water balloons? What is this fucking 2003? Come on.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:46 pm

Rocinante wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Actual translation: mother fucking congressbitches got calls. And they said WTF to the forest, who then backtracked.
Yep. Hard to make money from tourism without tourists
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down