Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do Y'all Have Friends That Support the Racist, Bigoted Christian Sexual Predator?

+2
Cameron
Robert J Sakimano
6 posters

Go down

Do Y'all Have Friends That Support the Racist, Bigoted Christian Sexual Predator? Empty Do Y'all Have Friends That Support the Racist, Bigoted Christian Sexual Predator?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-28, 15:26

I know one guy that voted for the piece of human filth..

we were once colleagues.. he retired a couple of years back. He texts me every now and then - he fancies himself a 'christian' - he's the type that tells me he despises the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator but, in a shock to nobody, voted for him and supports him. Do Y'all Have Friends That Support the Racist, Bigoted Christian Sexual Predator? 502811600

anyway - as far as I know, he's the only person I feel like I even sort of know that voted for him.. which tells me that I hang out with/surround myself with decent people. Life is about what we consume.. who we spend time with, who we surround ourselves with.. music we listen to, books we read, etc. Can't imagine consuming, in that sense, the vitriol and hate that is fundamental within the supporters of such a vile person.

just a random thought. You're now welcome to continue your own pursuits. Do Y'all Have Friends That Support the Racist, Bigoted Christian Sexual Predator? 502811600 Do Y'all Have Friends That Support the Racist, Bigoted Christian Sexual Predator? 969504605

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Do Y'all Have Friends That Support the Racist, Bigoted Christian Sexual Predator? Empty Re: Do Y'all Have Friends That Support the Racist, Bigoted Christian Sexual Predator?

Post by Cameron 2019-05-28, 17:20

I've never taken an official poll, but I think more of my aunts, uncles, and grandparents voted for the guy than didn't, which is dismaying if I think about it too much. Although, my grandma loves Fox News, but I happen to know that she didn't vote Trump in 2016, so maybe more of my conservative family members went that route than I realize.

Thankfully, neither of my parents nor my sister voted Trump. But probably about half my friends did. It's probably not a coincidence that I've been kind of drifting apart from many of them over the last handful of years.

My best friend and his two siblings are all very anti-Trump, but both of their parents and their step dad are all big Trumpers, which has been awkward for all involved. Coincidentally, all three kids went to MSU, but their dad is and always has been a great big Walmart Wolverine. Sometimes the apple falls just far enough from the tree.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Do Y'all Have Friends That Support the Racist, Bigoted Christian Sexual Predator? Empty Re: Do Y'all Have Friends That Support the Racist, Bigoted Christian Sexual Predator?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-05-28, 17:22

Yes, 2. Both friends that I've had my entire life.

One is strongly tied to his family's Eastern European roots, and he's very "Christian" and religious. Except he is probably the most racist person I know. I've always kind of deferred judgement on that being his true identity but I've come to accept that is just who he is. I think the party lines for him really boil down to right to life but he's extreme in everything he does so he goes the full 9 in regards to all of his opinions on all matters. He is full on MAGA, I think he embraces it even more so as a giant troll job. That's just who he is.

Other is my former golf partner. He is a bit more nuanced in his support. He is a conspiracy nut who doesn't believe in paying income taxes and things like that. He wants to deregulate everything. He knows Trump is an idiot but his policies are more towards his personal utopia than liberal policies, certainly.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-05-28, 17:26

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yes, 2. Both friends that I've had my entire life.

One is strongly tied to his family's Eastern European roots, and he's very "Christian" and religious. Except he is probably the most racist person I know. I've always kind of deferred judgement on that being his true identity but I've come to accept that is just who he is. I think the party lines for him really boil down to right to life but he's extreme in everything he does so he goes the full 9 in regards to all of his opinions on all matters. He is full on MAGA, I think he embraces it even more so as a giant troll job. That's just who he is.

Other is my former golf partner. He is a bit more nuanced in his support. He is a conspiracy nut who doesn't believe in paying income taxes and things like that. He wants to deregulate everything. He knows Trump is an idiot but his policies are more towards his personal utopia than liberal policies, certainly.

My family members who voted Trump are mostly the religious right variety, but my friends would uniformly fall into the troll support section. They are big into 4 chan and memes and shit. One of them owns (and often wears) a pepe the frog mask. It's virtually impossible to have a worthwhile conversation with them.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-28, 18:38

Cameron wrote:I've never taken an official poll, but I think more of my aunts, uncles, and grandparents voted for the guy than didn't, which is dismaying if I think about it too much. Although, my grandma loves Fox News, but I happen to know that she didn't vote Trump in 2016, so maybe more of my conservative family members went that route than I realize.

Thankfully, neither of my parents nor my sister voted Trump. But probably about half my friends did. It's probably not a coincidence that I've been kind of drifting apart from many of them over the last handful of years.

My best friend and his two siblings are all very anti-Trump, but both of their parents and their step dad are all big Trumpers, which has been awkward for all involved. Coincidentally, all three kids went to MSU, but their dad is and always has been a great big Walmart Wolverine. Sometimes the apple falls just far enough from the tree.
yeah, I wasn't even really thinking of my extended family, I guess. I'm certain there are some supporters of the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator on both my wife's side and my side. Thankfully, we never see or talk to them.

I'm guessing that's not an accident.

It is the kind of thing I wonder about.. in my attempt to understand the human condition.

In their defense, I suspect they think we're some sort of wackos. Do Y'all Have Friends That Support the Racist, Bigoted Christian Sexual Predator? 502811600

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-28, 18:41

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yes, 2. Both friends that I've had my entire life.

Do you hang out with them? Talk with them?

I just can't imagine what I would talk about with someone whose values are in direct opposition to mine. That's mainly the thing I was thinking when starting this thread.

I'm not saying it can't happen - or that I judge you for hanging around them. I'm actually kind of fascinated by the idea of it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-05-28, 20:39

I won't talk about worldly matters with either of them. I kind of distanced myself from the first guy a little bit because I just don't think the things he says and does are ok. But there is a group dynamic at play where there are 7-8 of us that are close and basically have all known each other since grade school. And it becomes awkward and weird and I suspect he knows I've gotten weird but I try to play it off because I don't need for there to be some kind of confrontation or conversation about this.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-05-28, 21:44

Mom might be, because she’s an evangelical. IDK for sure because we don’t have a relationship. Definitely others on her side of the family. No close friends, but several long ago HS and college friends are. I ignore them on Facebook.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2019-05-28, 22:10

If they are, they're pretty quiet about it. I'm not on FB so I don't see any of their political views online but in person, none of my friends really admit to supporting him, although it wouldn't surprise me if a few did. Some of them talk about their guns a little too much.

There are definitely a couple coworkers who support him too. And my dad is a lifelong Republican so he definitely does but he's also a lifelong alcoholic so I just assume he drank away the logical part of his brain. Do Y'all Have Friends That Support the Racist, Bigoted Christian Sexual Predator? 502811600
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-05-28, 23:15

Do Y'all Have Friends That Support the Racist, Bigoted Christian Sexual Predator? 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-29, 10:41

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I won't talk about worldly matters with either of them. I kind of distanced myself from the first guy a little bit because I just don't think the things he says and does are ok. But there is a group dynamic at play where there are 7-8 of us that are close and basically have all known each other since grade school. And it becomes awkward and weird and I suspect he knows I've gotten weird but I try to play it off because I don't need for there to be some kind of confrontation or conversation about this.
yeah - my one christian friend who doesn't like the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator but voted for him, supports him and would vote for him again.. he knows how I feel about his hero. I suspect deep down he knows he's hypocrite who will likely burn in the hell he believes in for shamelessly supporting someone who goes against every teaching his god promotes.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-29, 10:49

y2kMgrad wrote:If they are, they're pretty quiet about it. I'm not on FB so I don't see any of their political views online but in person, none of my friends really admit to supporting him, although it wouldn't surprise me if a few did. Some of them talk about their guns a little too much.

There are definitely a couple coworkers who support him too. And my dad is a lifelong Republican so he definitely does but he's also a lifelong alcoholic so I just assume he drank away the logical part of his brain. Do Y'all Have Friends That Support the Racist, Bigoted Christian Sexual Predator? 502811600
yeah, I've never been on FB - I would imagine it would be interesting to see into the minds of some of my fine, patriotic, jesus-lovin' family members on there. Do Y'all Have Friends That Support the Racist, Bigoted Christian Sexual Predator? 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-05-29, 11:24

Yes. Definitely have some that fall under the troll category but one call out about this troll stuff. I buy into Adam Serwer's thesis.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/03/mosque-shooter-troll-like-original-nazis/585415/

The Proud Boys said they started as an internet joke, next thing you know they are out at Charlottesville Marching and beating people up.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/rosiegray/katie-mchugh

Here's another turd that said she was just a troll and doing it as a joke and before too long shit got real. I have one friend that trolls and owns the left all the time on FB and at this point I just view him as a very passionate supporter of Donald Trump. Trump is his guy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down