The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got?

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 7 Empty Re: The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got?

Post by aualum06 on 2020-02-16, 22:38

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I had a pork shoulder in a crockpot today for about 7 hours on low today and some parts are dark/pink. That has to be the seasoning, right?
what's the worst that can happen?
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 7 Empty Re: The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2020-02-16, 22:40

aualum06 wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I had a pork shoulder in a crockpot today for about 7 hours on low today and some parts are dark/pink. That has to be the seasoning, right?
what's the worst that can happen?

Pics added to previous page.

Worst can happen? Well food poisoning is one of the top 5 worst nights of my life. Up there with taking two tabs of acid in Lincoln, Nebraska at 10pm.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 on 2020-02-16, 22:43

It looks good, doesn't seem that pink
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 on 2020-02-16, 22:44

Looks more of a brown probably from crock pot
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2020-02-16, 22:44

Just googled and it said cook on high 6-8 hours low 10-11. I’ve never done one in a slow cooker. I assume it depends on weight too.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2020-02-16, 22:48

Little over 3 pounds. Thanks guys. Just threw some
On the skillet to be safe. Crisp wont hurt either.

Also it shredded like butter i can’t imagine it’s not done
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 on 2020-02-17, 01:22

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
aualum06 wrote:what's the worst that can happen?

Pics added to previous page.

Worst can happen? Well food poisoning is one of the top 5 worst nights of my life. Up there with taking two tabs of acid in Lincoln, Nebraska at 10pm.

Actually the worst thing that can happen from under-cooked pork is Trichinosis(round worms)...As long as it reaches 145 degrees you good on the worms.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2020-02-17, 02:21

Saw a ~15 foot tapeworm draped across a footbridge at the Anan Creek Observatory outside Wrangell, Alaska a few years ago. A bear told me he’d eaten undercooked pork.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-02-21, 15:31

Picked up Amar pizza on the way home.  Just a regular deluxe, none of their Indian varieties.

I think their crust is as good as any around here.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 7 Amar10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 on 2020-02-23, 02:08

Um...they put raw green pepper on the pizza after it is cooked?
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ on 2020-02-24, 22:32

Huge fan of Guga and his channels - been buying large cuts from Costco and testing some of his methods

Want to do this brisket so badly

Got an instapot that also has a sous-vide setting - temp is not as accurate as but wanted an instapot for rice anyways so doing double duty

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-03-02, 09:38

Anyone try a Wendy's Breakfast Baconator yet?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2020-03-02, 09:56

The Pantry wrote:Anyone try a Wendy's Breakfast Baconator yet?

Nope. Heart's still beating.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-03-03, 08:19

5'10"
168 lbs
32X32
RHR = 42 bpm
BP = 116/72 mmHg
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-03-04, 17:49

Usually at work by 5:30-6 am. Went in a little late today because Wendy's doesn't open until 6:30.

Breakfast Baconator is pretty good. Not something I'd want to eat more than a couple times a year, but pretty good. Decent iced coffee...black, no sugar. Biggest surprise was the breakfast potatoes. Better than other fast food hash browns. Good seasoning and not greasy.

Got their breakfast burrito to save for lunch. Awful. They need to rework that recipe.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ on 2020-03-05, 07:30

Save fast food for later is a recipe for awful
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2020-03-05, 08:06

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Save fast food for later is a recipe for awful

The only time that is acceptable is when you're sloppy drunk.

"Fuck yeah! Cold Big Macs with extra mayo!"
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2020-03-07, 21:16

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2020-03-07, 21:28

My mom would say you’ve got no color on your plate. Funny thing is, mom is not a good cook, but her plates always had great color.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2020-03-07, 23:10

So we had Spanish rice. Had jalape├▒os in it and diced red tomatoes. Didn’t take a picture.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2020-03-20, 10:07

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-03-22, 11:42

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 7 Cooker10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ on 2020-03-22, 11:55

Bought a ThermoWorks temp probe because I'd like to eventually cook a brisket....mfer it's hard as shit to get low temps. Think I'll need to use like 10 lumps of charcoal to even try to break below 300

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-03-22, 12:10

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Bought a ThermoWorks temp probe because I'd like to eventually cook a brisket....mfer it's hard as shit to get low temps. Think I'll need to use like 10 lumps of charcoal to even try to break below 300

Which model TW? What are you cooking in?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2020-03-22, 12:11

Cut your air intake and have patience, it takes a while to come back down. Also don't sweat high temps, low and slow is largely bullshit. You can cook at 300 and produce great quality stuff.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates on 2020-03-22, 15:39

I know this thread has been around forever, but I’ve never read it.

I need to start eating at your guys house. My husband doesn’t cook, and knows very little of grilling. I cook because I want to eat. But I wouldn’t say I’m amazing. I’m always looking for ideas. I bought one of those instant pots last summer, and it’s still in the amazon prime box.

Any dinners of yours I need to try?
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-03-22, 20:54

Dendrobates wrote:I know this thread has been around forever, but I’ve never read it.

I need to start eating at your guys house. My husband doesn’t cook, and knows very little of grilling. I cook because I want to eat. But I wouldn’t say I’m amazing. I’m always looking for ideas. I bought one of those instant pots last summer, and it’s still in the amazon prime box.

Any dinners of yours I need to try?
What do you want to eat?

I don't have any recipes. Wing it most of the time.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ on 2020-03-22, 21:00

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Cut your air intake and have patience, it takes a while to come back down. Also don't sweat high temps, low and slow is largely bullshit. You can cook at 300 and produce great quality stuff.

Yeah, I'm just amazed at people holding 225. Got all my vents closed up/opened up/quarter/half/etc and mfer just HOT

Cooking in an OG Webber 22" kettle
TP08s - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014DAVHSQ

Just cooking ribeyes right now and all coming out good - but working on maintaining temps for extended times
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on 2020-03-25, 15:45

Cooking a turkey breast. Meat thermometer question:

My wife says I cook the turkey with the meat thermometer in the turkey from the jump. I say I check it in a couple of hours.

Who's the dumbass here?

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2020-03-25, 15:48

Is it a rectal thermometer?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ on 2020-03-25, 17:57

"no hunny, a bunch of random guys on the internet said you were a dumbass...not me"

Might be a long quarantine there Nordic
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 on 2020-03-25, 18:07

Nordic wrote:Cooking a turkey breast. Meat thermometer question:

My wife says I cook the turkey with the meat thermometer in the turkey from the jump. I say I check it in a couple of hours.

Who's the dumbass here?

Does it matter? Still giving the temp
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2020-03-25, 18:32

I'm going to state the obvious and tell you that if it's a quick read digital probe thermometer, don't leave it in the turkey.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict on 2020-03-25, 21:08

Nordic wrote:Cooking a turkey breast. Meat thermometer question:

Who's the dumbass here?

In my opinion, you are both kind of wrong.

If you mean "check" with an instant read in a couple of hours, well you could easily miss the mark, and turkey sucks when it is overcooked.

I say to use a high quality digital temp probe , so you know exactly when it hits the target temp (double check with the instant read). I like to let turkey cook awhile (past half of its expected time) then put in the temp probe. That way you can accurately find the coldest spot, which you can't do from the jump.

In my experience, with a turkey breast, it is very hard to find the correct temp placement from the start, which leads to overcooked bird.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum