Drinking coffee is a sin

Go down

Drinking coffee is a sin Empty Drinking coffee is a sin

Post by Bill Cain on 2019-07-16, 13:39

Grow up.

Any mind altering substance is a sin. You do not need to use a substance to wake you up in the morning. If you really need artificial energy then focus on your sleep schedule. Focus on things in your life and change them. It's not the coffee that's helping you. You are the one in control of your destiny. You are loved. You are beautiful. You should never become dependent on any substance. If you want to change who you are but think that drugs are the answer you are wrong. Change comes with forced action and discipline and placing yourself in awkward situations. I think it's a beautiful feeling waking up in the morning knowing that you do not need to use any drugs. You are in a pure state of bliss.

That being said I just drank coffee before writing this.

I just want to be straight edge from now on. No caffeine. No alcohol. No nicotine. No weed. Just perfectly content with who I am.

I'm considering converting myself to the Baptist church. Resist all temptation. I like the sound of that
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Drinking coffee is a sin Empty Re: Drinking coffee is a sin

Post by tGreenWay on 2019-07-16, 13:54

Signed,
America’s Raw Milk Industry
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2019-07-16, 14:18

Eating sugar is a sin. It's a gateway to corn syrup and everyone knows corn syrup is for cows. We should not be eating what cows eat. We start that and soon we'll become familiar with them. I'm talking fornication here people.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2019-07-16, 15:06

tGreenWay wrote:Signed,
America’s Raw Milk Industry

Is there such a thing as raw ice cream? Cause I’d like some with raw strawberries and raw whipped cream right now.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2019-07-16, 15:09

Bill Cain wrote:Grow up.

Any mind altering substance is a sin. You do not need to use a substance to wake you up in the morning. If you really need artificial energy then focus on your sleep schedule. Focus on things in your life and change them. It's not the coffee that's helping you. You are the one in control of your destiny. You are loved. You are beautiful. You should never become dependent on any substance. If you want to change who you are but think that drugs are the answer you are wrong. Change comes with forced action and discipline and placing yourself in awkward situations. I think it's a beautiful feeling waking up in the morning knowing that you do not need to use any drugs. You are in a pure state of bliss.

I just want to be straight edge from now on. No caffeine. No alcohol. No nicotine. No weed. Just perfectly content with who I am.

I'm considering converting myself to the Baptist church. Resist all temptation. I like the sound of that

I agree that caffeine is a mind-altering substance. Hard disagree that it's a sin, but the concept of sin is kind of stupid anyway.

If you like the sound of resisting temptation, then just do that. No need to convert to the Baptist church. As someone who was raised Baptist, I can tell you that it is a waste of time.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2019-07-16, 15:14

Bill have you ever fucked a grown ass man before?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe on 2019-07-16, 15:15

Cameron wrote:

I agree that caffeine is a mind-altering substance. Hard disagree that it's a sin, but the concept of sin is kind of stupid anyway.

If you like the sound of resisting temptation, then just do that. No need to convert to the Baptist church. As someone who was raised Baptist, I can tell you that it is a waste of time.

Drinking coffee is a sin 4113017228 The posting train wreck might be worth encouraging this...

BTW, I had a buddy convert to a crazy ass right wing church just to nail a chick. Took him like 8 months of ground work with countless hours of nutty church going, he had to dance around and shit to "fit in"... but it happened. He nailed her. Then he bitched it wasn't worth all the ground work because she had no idea what she was doing, even though she was super model hot. Quit the church that same week.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2019-07-16, 15:34

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Drinking coffee is a sin 4113017228 The posting train wreck might be worth encouraging this...

BTW, I had a buddy convert to a crazy ass right wing church just to nail a chick. Took him like 8 months of ground work with countless hours of nutty church going, he had to dance around and shit to "fit in"... but it happened. He nailed her. Then he bitched it wasn't worth all the ground work because she had no idea what she was doing, even though she was super model hot. Quit the church that same week.

Drinking coffee is a sin 502811600

If Bill commits to keeping us apprised of his progress, it may well yield positive results.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2019-07-16, 15:37

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Bill have you ever fucked a grown ass man before?

How about been fucked BY a grown ass man? I’m a grown ass man, Bill. I’m big and hairy, but gentle.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2019-07-16, 15:39

Cameron wrote:

Former Baptist bro! One of these days when I'm in the mood I'll share the story of when I lost religion. It's pretty fucking epic. The pastor of the church I attended was excommunicated. Is that the right word for pastors? I'm not sure but he was removed from his position.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2019-07-16, 15:53

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Former Baptist bro! One of these days when I'm in the mood I'll share the story of when I lost religion. It's pretty fucking epic. The pastor of the church I attended was excommunicated. Is that the right word for pastors? I'm not sure but he was removed from his position.

Defrocked? I dunno, I think excommunicated is another level above/beyond what you're talking about, but I could be wrong.

I grew up going to Baptist churches. Right around when I started high school, my family started attending a non-denominational church. I basically stopped going to church regularly as soon as I was given the choice, but I don't have any singular event that I can point to, just piece by piece over time.

A big thing for me, honestly, was a kid on the bus saying he wanted to be a pastor someday. He wasn't a dumb kid, but certainly someone I consider myself smarter than (and in the context of school, I had empirical evidence to back that up), and I just sort of realized "oh, the pastors might have been dumb kids when they went to school, and I'm just taking their word for it on the answers to the fundamental questions of the universe." I'd like to think I started thinking for myself a bit more after that, but it was definitely a long (and ongoing) process.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe on 2019-07-16, 16:00

Excommunicated is Catholic. Pretty sure in Baptists it's "fired". (Then they move to the next town preachin'...) Had a neighbor just do that this year. Got fired from his church then left 3 months later for a NEW church in Grand Haven.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2019-07-16, 16:24

Cameron wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Defrocked? I dunno, I think excommunicated is another level above/beyond what you're talking about, but I could be wrong.

I grew up going to Baptist churches. Right around when I started high school, my family started attending a non-denominational church. I basically stopped going to church regularly as soon as I was given the choice, but I don't have any singular event that I can point to, just piece by piece over time.

A big thing for me, honestly, was a kid on the bus saying he wanted to be a pastor someday. He wasn't a dumb kid, but certainly someone I consider myself smarter than (and in the context of school, I had empirical evidence to back that up), and I just sort of realized "oh, the pastors might have been dumb kids when they went to school, and I'm just taking their word for it on the answers to the fundamental questions of the universe." I'd like to think I started thinking for myself a bit more after that, but it was definitely a long (and ongoing) process.

To be fair, you consider yourself smarter than most people.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2019-07-16, 16:24

Rocinante wrote:
Cameron wrote:

This is true.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2019-07-16, 16:25

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Excommunicated is Catholic. Pretty sure in Baptists it's "fired". (Then they move to the next town preachin'...) Had a neighbor just do that this year. Got fired from his church then left 3 months later for a NEW church in Grand Haven.

You can be excommunicated from many, if not all the Christian churches.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2019-07-16, 16:30

I guess it's the extreme "everything is a sin" part of the original post (though to be fair, whatever one thinks of Christians, very, very few are quite that extreme), but this reminded me of when I was a little kid, and we were selling raffle tickets for the school or one of my sports teams or something. I'm going door to door selling these, and this old man at some house started giving me a speech about how when Christ died they gambled for his robe, and blah blah blah, gambling bad, blah blah blah. I remember trying to say, "It's not gambling, it's just a raffle ticket", at which point he kept going on and on again. WTF, dude? Yeah, the local 8 year old baseball team are spreading sin. We were the devil incarnate. Fucking numpty.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2019-07-16, 16:56

All right, fuck it. I'm done working for the day. Let's knock this out.

So my grandma got me into going to church when I was pretty young. Around 1st grade, something like that. I got to be pretty good friends with the son of the pastor of the church I attended, best friends really. Hanging out with him after church was the main reason I kept going. That and his sister, fuck she was hot. Never crossed that line though. Can't go after a friend's sister. Fun fact, I just saw her for the first time in 25 years at his kid's graduation party last month. Still looking good.

Anyway, what I was trying to convey, I was never that religious. I did the youth group shit, but I was well on my way to quitting going to church once I got into high school. I'm sure I would have stopped going once we all went off to college, but what happened my senior year of high school accelerated the timeline a bit.

Like I said earlier, I'm best friends with the pastor's son, so I'm hanging around the family a lot. There are times when I'm over at his house and his dad, the pastor, would get a page on his beeper (this is early 90's). Usually he'd head out the door to council someone in the congregation. I never thought anything of it. This was pretty regular for a few years at least.

Well, one Sunday I get a call from my grandpa right before church. He tells me not to come today. There's been an incident with pastor [redacted]. He's a deacon in the church so they obviously had a meeting to discuss something bad. I had no clue what was going on. Now remember this is the early to mid 90's, I don't have a cell phone to call my friend to see what it going on. I'm in the dark until he calls me later that night. "Yeah, my dad got caught fucking a couple of women in church. He's getting kicked out and we're getting kicked out of the parsonage." (A parsonage is a home for the pastor and his family in case you didn't know) He was always blunt about his dad and the shit he pulled.

Well shit, this is taking a lot longer than I expected. I'm gonna stop here for now since I'm headed out the door and don't want to lose what I've typed up already. Stay tuned for part two where I tell the story of the time the pastor drove us out to a rural rest stop to bang one of his side pieces while we waited in the car, the parishioner who was banging his mentally challenged daughter, and the other parishioner who was in charge of supervising little kids on camping trips and eventually went to prison for a good long while for raping one of them. Yeah, I went to a FUCKED UP church.

Last edited by Watch Out Pylon! on 2019-07-17, 14:35; edited 1 time in total
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2019-07-16, 22:18

Sounds pretty typical for the M-10 corridor.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2019-07-17, 15:28

Part 2:

I'm going to try to wrap the rest of this story up relatively quickly. So where was I... My buddy's dad is immediately done with the church. We start talking about this one time we were headed to Lansing and he decides to take back roads in instead of getting on the highway. He stops at this rural rest stop and says he'll be right back. A good 15-20 minutes go by before he comes back. There was another car in the parking lot as well. This is a bit of speculation but we're pretty convinced he banged one of his side pieces while we waited in the car. If our suspicions were true, what a piece of shit.

So the family gets kicked out of their church sponsored house and moves into another one in the next town over. I'm glossing over a ton of shit here but I don't want to write a novel about it all. So the former pastor and his wife stick together for the remainder of their kids time in high school. Which was two more years for the younger daughter. Dude still is pulling shady shit and my friend is really starting to hate his dad. After everyone goes off to college the pastor and his wife separate and he moves over to Grand Rapids for a counseling job.

We didn't stay all that close after college, but still close enough to get together once a year or so. Last time I talked to him was at his kid's graduation party in June. He tells me he hasn't heard from his dad in at least 5 years. He just couldn't handle all the lying about all the affairs he was carrying on.

I lost my dad to a motorcycle accident four years ago and I often wonder what is worse, losing a parent to a sudden death or having to cut off all contact with him because he's a total shitbag.

So on to these other two degenerates that were part of the church. Two other deacons. These stories popped not long after the pastor got caught banging at least two other women. It made local news and probably could be made into a real shitty Lifetime movie. One guy had a mentally challenged daughter and he got caught raping her by his wife. He went to jail and died there.

The other guy's story still haunts me a bit... A way too typical case of an authority figure with access to kids without anyone else around taking sexual advantage of them. He wasn't around when I was that age but if I were maybe ten years younger I could have easily been a victim. Fuck him. He went to prison for a while and probably is out by now if he didn't die from prison justice.

So all of this horrible shit went down within a few months of each other and I haven't been back to church since. End of story.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2019-07-17, 15:34

I feel like leaving religion because of the evils of men does a disservice to yourself. There’s a lot of good stuff that church provides. In addition to interpretation of scripture, many churches provide a lot of fellowship and do good things in their communities.

If you still have belief, it’s worth revisiting I think.

I actually do some charity stuff with a few different churches in my town. Different denominations. All good folks. Personally I didn’t stop going because I lost faith, I was just lazy at first and then as I grew, I realized that I didn’t believe and didn’t need it. Good for those who do.

I mean, damn those who use it as an excuse for hatred, but everybody else I’m cool with.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2019-07-17, 16:02

Rocinante wrote:I feel like leaving religion because of the evils of men does a disservice to yourself.  There’s a lot of good stuff that church provides.  In addition to interpretation of scripture, many churches provide a lot of fellowship and do good things in their communities.  

I actually do some charity stuff with a few different churches in my town.  Different denominations.  All good folks.  Personally I didn’t stop going because I lost faith, I was just lazy at first and then as I grew, I realized that I didn’t believe and didn’t need it.  Good for those who do.  

I mean, damn those who use it as an excuse for hatred, but everybody else I’m cool with.

Churches are stupid, religion is a waste of time. I can honestly say I've never met anyone who was super into church who was worth knowing. Relatives of mine included.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2019-07-17, 16:06

Rocinante wrote:I feel like leaving religion because of the evils of men does a disservice to yourself.  There’s a lot of good stuff that church provides.  In addition to interpretation of scripture, many churches provide a lot of fellowship and do good things in their communities.  

I actually do some charity stuff with a few different churches in my town.  Different denominations.  All good folks.  Personally I didn’t stop going because I lost faith, I was just lazy at first and then as I grew, I realized that I didn’t believe and didn’t need it.  Good for those who do.  

Like I said at the beginning of my diatribe, I was well on my way to losing my religion before all this happened. In the last few years I attended, it was mostly just to hang out with friends. I have zero interest in ever getting involved with it again. I guess you could call me a borderline agnostic/atheist these days. I leave open the possibility of a higher being controlling our universe, but I highly doubt it. And if he is out there, he's doing a really shitty job.

If my kid want to attend church when she's old enough she's more than welcome to do so, but I obviously won't be advocating for it.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2019-07-17, 16:48

Rocinante wrote:
Cameron wrote:

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2019-07-17, 16:56

I had 3 cups of sin this morning.. cracked open a High Life around 10:00 after some yard work.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2019-07-17, 16:58

Bill, seein’s how you’re unmarried, and you’re so worried about sinnin’, enjoy your celibacy. Drinking coffee is a sin 3434560931
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2019-07-17, 17:20

Oh, and if lovin' our lord and savior jesus christ is wrong, I don't wanna be right.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum