Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

God damn millennials. You drink white claw so much there is now a nationwide shortage.

+12
duffy munn
Dendrobates
Robert J Sakimano
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
Rocinante
I.B. Fine
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
Tim Wakefield
kingstonlake
DWags
16 posters

Go down

God damn millennials.  You drink white claw so much there is now a nationwide shortage.  Empty God damn millennials. You drink white claw so much there is now a nationwide shortage.

Post by DWags 2019-09-06, 21:58

https://upnorthlive.com/news/offbeat/white-claw-hard-seltzer-confirms-a-nationwide-shortage?fbclid=IwAR09W0Y6K6WLC0fDtU6e-Z2HvxSPdos7uE9WJrEGQK-Ee1-ZZS7HuaCpgp8

Make fun of me drinking bud light
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

God damn millennials.  You drink white claw so much there is now a nationwide shortage.  Empty Re: God damn millennials. You drink white claw so much there is now a nationwide shortage.

Post by kingstonlake 2019-09-06, 22:11

Pussies
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

God damn millennials.  You drink white claw so much there is now a nationwide shortage.  Empty Re: God damn millennials. You drink white claw so much there is now a nationwide shortage.

Post by Tim Wakefield 2019-09-06, 22:20

Power rankings:

1. Grapefruit
2. Lime
3. Mango
4. Pure
5. Black cherry
6. Raspberry
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-09-06, 22:25

Seltzer water is great. Mineral water is actually better, but whatever. Anyway, this hard seltzer shit needs to end.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-06, 22:27

Turtleneck wrote:Seltzer water is great. Mineral water is actually better, but whatever. Anyway, this hard seltzer shit needs to end.

Sounds like it is.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-09-06, 22:29

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Seltzer water is great. Mineral water is actually better, but whatever. Anyway, this hard seltzer shit needs to end.

Sounds like it is.

Good.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-06, 22:38

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote:

Sounds like it is.

Good.

My cynical side tells me this is a self made shortage to get dumb asses like my kids and their friends who love the shit to go make a run on it.

A.M. I wrong?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-09-06, 22:43

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Good.

My cynical side tells me this is a self made shortage to get dumb asses like my kids and their friends who love the shit to go make a run on it.

A.M. I wrong?

Maybe half PR move. This shit already sells like hotcakes though so I doubt it was needed. Although with summer coming to a close, I have to doubt they will sell as much when the weather turns.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2019-09-06, 22:52

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Good.

A.M. I wrong?
If only Zima had this kind of marketing prowess....
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-09-06, 22:58

I was just going to mention Zima. Is that what it tastes like?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-09-06, 22:59

Truly > White Claw
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-09-06, 23:05

Rocinante wrote:I was just going to mention Zima. Is that what it tastes like?

Not really. Zima is sweeter
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-09-06, 23:09

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Rocinante wrote:I was just going to mention Zima. Is that what it tastes like?

Is it a malt liquor?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2019-09-06, 23:29

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Truly > White Claw

This is so wrong it's not even funny
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-09-06, 23:34

Rocinante wrote:

Is it a malt liquor?

White Claw is a flavored malt beverage (FMB). It’s made with “a blend of seltzer water, its gluten-free alcohol base, and a hint of fruit flavor,” a brand representative tells VinePair. “The alcohol in White Claw Hard Seltzer comes from fermented sugars derived from malted gluten-free grains.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-09-06, 23:35

Tim Wakefield wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Truly > White Claw

This is so wrong it's not even funny

We're just going to have to agree to disagree. And be judged accordingly in the other thread.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-09-06, 23:38

Maybe you ladies who are going to be missing White Claw can skip Zima and go straight to the Bartles & James.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-05, 13:25

apparently, there are new flavors?

the world needs a Coronavirus vaccine and they give people new flavors of White Claw instead.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-03-05, 13:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:apparently, there are new flavors?

the world needs a Coronavirus vaccine and they give people new flavors of White Claw instead.

A seltzer company is supposed to be solving a flu virus? What are you doing on the swill, Bob? Get in a lab and start helping.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-05, 13:30

Robert J Sakimano wrote:apparently, there are new flavors?

A seltzer company is supposed to be solving a flu virus? What are you doing on the swill, Bob? Get in a lab and start helping.
your mom is in the lab helping.

God damn millennials.  You drink white claw so much there is now a nationwide shortage.  Giphy.gif?cid=790b76110cfede03adc8e2039e004b3ad85bdf7168e47385&rid=giphy

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-03-05, 14:39

Truleys are better

Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-05, 14:43

Dendrobates wrote:Truleys are better

I believe it was the Arizona State game this past fall.. ran over to the liquor store beside El Az to grab some Jameson. I was walking back to our tailgate and ran into some drunk guy carrying a 12 pack of Truly's - we talked for a bit as we were walking. He was the friendly kind of drunk.. maybe 22 years old or so.

As we approached the point where I was gonna go my way and he was gonna go his, he gave me a bro hug and said "you want a Truly?"... God damn millennials.  You drink white claw so much there is now a nationwide shortage.  502811600 - I'm rarely one to say "no thanks" to alcohol.. so I was like "sure, dude" - he reached in, handed me one and I sipped it walking across campus, regardless of how emasculated I felt.

#Bros
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-03-05, 22:50

Clearly nobody here has ever had a Bartles & Jaymes
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-03-05, 22:57

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:Truleys are better

I believe it was the Arizona State game this past fall.. ran over to the liquor store beside El Az to grab some Jameson. I was walking back to our tailgate and ran into some drunk guy carrying a 12 pack of Truly's - we talked for a bit as we were walking. He was the friendly kind of drunk.. maybe 22 years old or so.

As we approached the point where I was gonna go my way and he was gonna go his, he gave me a bro hug and said "you want a Truly?"....God damn millennials.  You drink white claw so much there is now a nationwide shortage.  502811600  -  I'm rarely one to say "no thanks" to alcohol.. so I was like "sure, dude" - he reached in, handed me one and I sipped it walking across campus, regardless of how emasculated I felt.

#Bros

God damn millennials.  You drink white claw so much there is now a nationwide shortage.  502811600 Awesome. Little moments like that man, I tell ya what. Life is beautiful. God damn millennials.  You drink white claw so much there is now a nationwide shortage.  969504605
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-03-05, 23:37

Bob you are the most judgemental non judgemental person I've ever met on the internet. Drink what you want. Hell I order pineapple vodka and soda at the bar. My buddies in my golf league love to throw shade. Shrug. All fun.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-03-05, 23:46

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Bob you are the most judgemental non judgemental person I've ever met on the internet. Drink what you want. Hell I order pineapple vodka and soda at the bar. My buddies in my golf league love to throw shade. Shrug. All fun.

Truly Bob is the best Bob.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-03-06, 00:24

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Bob you are the most judgemental non judgemental person I've ever met on the internet. Drink what you want. Hell I order pineapple vodka and soda at the bar. My buddies in my golf league love to throw shade. Shrug. All fun.

Turtleneck loves pineapple so much that if he croaks from covid19, imma buy him a coffin shaped like a pineapple.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-06, 06:25

thanks, man.. I agree. God damn millennials.  You drink white claw so much there is now a nationwide shortage.  969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-06, 06:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

As we approached the point where I was gonna go my way and he was gonna go his, he gave me a bro hug and said "you want a Truly?"....God damn millennials.  You drink white claw so much there is now a nationwide shortage.  502811600  -  I'm rarely one to say "no thanks" to alcohol.. so I was like "sure, dude" - he reached in, handed me one and I sipped it walking across campus, regardless of how emasculated I felt.

#Bros

God damn millennials.  You drink white claw so much there is now a nationwide shortage.  502811600 Awesome. Little moments like that man, I tell ya what. Life is beautiful. God damn millennials.  You drink white claw so much there is now a nationwide shortage.  969504605
Truth.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-03-06, 07:45

duffy munn wrote:Clearly nobody here has ever had a Bartles & Jaymes
Maybe once or twice. I wanted to be one of the people that the old dudes thanked for their support.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-06, 07:53

MiamiSpartan wrote:
duffy munn wrote:Clearly nobody here has ever had a Bartles & Jaymes
Maybe once or twice. I wanted to be one of the people that the old dudes thanked for their support.
when I was in high school, the wine coolers for the chicks and dudes were Sun Country Cooler, California Cooler and Bartles and Jaymes.

as I recall, you could buy Sun Country Cooler in the big two liters - I remember getting sick as a dog off of that stuff one time.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-03-06, 10:39

Never had hard seltzer. I'd need them to come out with an Ice version that's at least 8% abv before I'm interested.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-06, 10:59

Cameron wrote:Never had hard seltzer. I'd need them to come out with an Ice version that's at least 8% abv before I'm interested.
my wife will periodically drink a hard seltzer and blend a tequilla (she prefers Espolon Reposado - smooth yet affordable) in with it.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-03-06, 11:02

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Cameron wrote:Never had hard seltzer. I'd need them to come out with an Ice version that's at least 8% abv before I'm interested.
my wife will periodically drink a hard seltzer and blend a tequilla (she prefers Espolon Reposado - smooth yet affordable) in with it.

lol... that's what my wife said the first time she had one...."Well, that's a start..."

She juices them up with Tito's though.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-03-06, 11:07

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
when I was in high school, the wine coolers for the chicks and dudes were Sun Country Cooler, California Cooler and Bartles and Jaymes.

as I recall, you could buy Sun Country Cooler in the big two liters - I remember getting sick as a dog off of that stuff one time.

Was Boones Farm considered in the same category? I don't remember much about it, except the name and that chicks would carry around big bottles of it at parties.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-06, 11:19

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: my wife will periodically drink a hard seltzer and blend a tequilla (she prefers Espolon Reposado - smooth yet affordable) in with it.

lol... that's what my wife said the first time she had one...."Well, that's a start..."

She juices them up with Tito's though.
yeah - it's basically a mixer. God damn millennials.  You drink white claw so much there is now a nationwide shortage.  502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-06, 11:20

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: when I was in high school, the wine coolers for the chicks and dudes were Sun Country Cooler, California Cooler and Bartles and Jaymes.

Was Boones Farm considered in the same category? I don't remember much about it, except the name and that chicks would carry around big bottles of it at parties.
I think Boone's Farm is technically a wine.. I think it's still somewhat popular with a certain demographic, whereas wine coolers (to my knowledge) are firmly stuck in the mid-80's.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-03-06, 11:24

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
I think Boone's Farm is technically a wine.. I think it's still somewhat popular with a certain demographic, whereas wine coolers (to my knowledge) are firmly stuck in the mid-80's.

All I know about Boone's Farm is that they were fighting tooth-and-nail with Annie Green Springs in that niche.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down