Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial MSU/WMU game thread

+11
steveschneider
MiamiSpartan
Nordic
Dendrobates
DWags
InTenSity
Floyd Robertson
kingstonlake
WhiteBoyHatcher
tGreenWay
Watch Out Pylon!
15 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

tOfficial MSU/WMU game thread - Page 5 Empty Re: tOfficial MSU/WMU game thread

Post by Nordic 2019-09-08, 01:14

Turtleneck wrote:So now the defense sucks. Great. Giving up 17 points to WMU translates into 67 points by the Buckeyes. Not good. Still 7-5.

Fire Nardawg
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-09-08, 01:18

Nordic wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:So now the defense sucks. Great. Giving up 17 points to WMU translates into 67 points by the Buckeyes. Not good. Still 7-5.

Fire Nardawg

Burned by the wheel route all night long.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-09-08, 09:01

I think wbh mentioned this earlier. Heyward shouldn’t get another carry
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-09-08, 09:12

You'll be happy to know that he didn't touch the ball again after he fumbled.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-08, 09:19

InTenSity wrote:You'll be happy to know that he didn't touch the ball again after he fumbled.

When did he make that really good 3rd down catch? Got us a first down. He carried it 3 times for 13 yards. Not a bad average.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-09-08, 12:39

Yeah, but using that ratio, 39 of those Buckeyes points would be garbage points after we more than quadrupled their first half point total. Still 15-0.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-09-08, 12:44

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Yeah, but using that ratio, 39 of those Buckeyes points would be garbage points after we more than quadrupled their first half point total.  Still 15-0.

Maryland is going to score 100 on MSU.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-09-08, 16:07

Turtleneck wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
Yeah, but using that ratio, 39 of those Buckeyes points would be garbage points after we more than quadrupled their first half point total.  Still 15-0.

Maryland is going to score 100 on MSU.
But we will score 200 on them!
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-09-08, 18:40

[tw]1170828728290742275[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-09-09, 07:15

I usually don’t enjoy blow outs but after last years putrid offense I thought this game was special on so many levels. I don’t really follow the MSU press conferences but when they showed that clip of Dantonio talking about how one half of the team didn’t show up the other week in the game and you saw the results that half of the team were getting it was awesome. He did an amazing job turning it around. I have a feeling we are in for a great coaching year out of him and I really hope the improvements carry forward against asu. I also think he’s recruited well again and we are lucky to have him. Go Green!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-09-09, 07:26

steveschneider wrote:I usually don’t enjoy blow outs but after last years putrid offense I thought this game was special on so many levels. I don’t really follow the MSU press conferences but when they showed that clip of Dantonio talking about how one half of the team didn’t show up the other week in the game and you saw the results that half of the team were getting it was awesome. He did an amazing job turning it around. I have a feeling we are in for a great coaching year out of him and I really hope the improvements carry forward against asu. I also think he’s recruited well again and we are lucky to have him. Go Green!

One of the biggest problems we've ever had under Dantonio is backup QB development. Part of the reason for that is because we have so few blowouts, and when we do have one, we leave the starting QB in far too long. It's a fine line between honing your starting QB for next week and getting the backup reps to prepare for the next disaster. There was a golden opportunity Saturday to get Rocky and Day significant snaps and Dantonio blew it.

Basically, fire Salem.

Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-09-09, 07:37

Floyd Robertson wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I usually don’t enjoy blow outs but after last years putrid offense I thought this game was special on so many levels. I don’t really follow the MSU press conferences but when they showed that clip of Dantonio talking about how one half of the team didn’t show up the other week in the game and you saw the results that half of the team were getting it was awesome. He did an amazing job turning it around. I have a feeling we are in for a great coaching year out of him and I really hope the improvements carry forward against asu. I also think he’s recruited well again and we are lucky to have him. Go Green!

One of the biggest problems we've ever had under Dantonio is backup QB development. Part of the reason for that is because we have so few blowouts, and when we do have one, we leave the starting QB in far too long. It's a fine line between honing your starting QB for next week and getting the backup reps to prepare for the next disaster. There was a golden opportunity Saturday to get Rocky and Day significant snaps and Dantonio blew it.

Basically, fire Salem.

I wanted to see him throw one when he came in but overall I couldn’t be happier with that game. Didn’t think we’d cover or get the over on points total. I’m happy to be wrong.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-09-09, 08:22

This is our hope dude. Things get real in a couple of weeks. You know Northwestern will straighten their shit out by the time we play them.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-09-09, 08:58

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

This is our hope dude. Things get real in a couple of weeks. You know Northwestern will straighten their shit out by the time we play them.

Yeah, it’s going to be a good challenge. I’m just grateful we could have a fun season to follow. Rolling off last years b-ball success I feel very fortunate.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5