Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bill Maher - Hey, Travis

+7
Rocinante
kingstonlake
Cameron
Turtleneck
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
steveschneider
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bill Maher - Hey, Travis - Page 2 Empty Re: Bill Maher - Hey, Travis

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-01-25, 00:11

Turtleneck wrote:Rogan endorsed Bernie, and Bernie publicly celebrated the endorsement. Seems to have caused some backlash.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/bernie-sanders-criticized-for-embracing-support-from-joe-rogan/2020/01/24/147fd252-3f0d-11ea-baca-eb7ace0a3455_story.html

Rolling Eyes
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-01-25, 08:15

Turtleneck wrote:Rogan endorsed Bernie, and Bernie publicly celebrated the endorsement. Seems to have caused some backlash.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/bernie-sanders-criticized-for-embracing-support-from-joe-rogan/2020/01/24/147fd252-3f0d-11ea-baca-eb7ace0a3455_story.html

So of course clips are coming out of Rogan using the N word, one about tea party members paying for sex with Hillary and one with parkland being a conspiracy. Saw a good point if Bernie gets the nomination what’s to keep the rnc from pumping attack clips like this over Facebook and target black audiences in hopes they stay home in November?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-01-25, 08:21

On a Maher note he had on Ingrid Newkirk. It always seemed like the norm around me that PETA was a lunatic organization. A lot of the interview with Ingrid made sense to me last night. Good discussion on organizing and fighting for a cause.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-01-25, 11:14

steveschneider wrote:

So of course clips are coming out of Rogan using the N word, one about tea party members paying for sex with Hillary and one with parkland being a conspiracy. Saw a good point if Bernie gets the nomination what’s to keep the rnc from pumping attack clips like this over Facebook and target black audiences in hopes they stay home in November?

What’s to stop them from doing it regardless of nominee.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-01-25, 11:30

As I've said before Dems have a diversity problem. They have to much of it. Socially, politically, racially, etc. So many ideals to pander to. If they all aren't satisfied they get butt hurt and lash out or sit out. Look at the radically different views from the top 5 or 6 on the stages in debates. How can one party be so far apart? The GOP has their shit streamlined. Dems take on any cause or demographic that doesn't fit under the GOP umbrella. It sounds like a great idea and more votes, but does it really translate to the booth? You could probably identify 2 or 3 separate parties within the Dem party. Ideally we could get 3 or 4 parties in this country to shut down a hijacking of the system like we have now. Dems can scream at the top of their lungs about the GOP, but if they do not unite and sacrifice some of what they believe in with other Dems, they'll end up sacrificing more to the GOP in the next 4 years via court nominations, gerrymandering, etc,
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-01-25, 11:58

steveschneider wrote:On a Maher note he had on Ingrid Newkirk. It always seemed like the norm around me that PETA was a lunatic organization. A lot of the interview with Ingrid made sense to me last night. Good discussion on organizing and fighting for a cause.

I haven't seen the interview in question, so maybe this Ingrid lady came off as reasonable. She is not. PETA are a bunch of assholes and kill thousands of pets every year.

https://www.consumerfreedom.com/press-releases/former-peta-employee-peta-routinely-euthanized-healthy-puppies-and-kittens/
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-01-25, 15:03

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:On a Maher note he had on Ingrid Newkirk. It always seemed like the norm around me that PETA was a lunatic organization. A lot of the interview with Ingrid made sense to me last night. Good discussion on organizing and fighting for a cause.

I haven't seen the interview in question, so maybe this Ingrid lady came off as reasonable. She is not. PETA are a bunch of assholes and kill thousands of pets every year.

https://www.consumerfreedom.com/press-releases/former-peta-employee-peta-routinely-euthanized-healthy-puppies-and-kittens/

Seemed like a dodgy source. Is there a mainstream media link that substantiates any of their claims?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-01-25, 15:06

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Seemed like a dodgy source. Is there a mainstream media link that substantiates any of their claims?

I don't know, steve, is there? I'm not your google butler, and I don't much care if you're convinced or not.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-01-25, 15:36

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I don't know, steve, is there? I'm not your google butler, and I don't much care if you're convinced or not.

For the future I rely mostly on credible stuff like the NYT, WasPo, WSJ, News Hour, LA Times etc.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-01-25, 16:02

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:

For the future I rely mostly on credible stuff like the NYT, WasPo, WSJ, News Hour, LA Times etc.

Bill Maher - Hey, Travis - Page 2 H4D6855FF
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-01-25, 18:03

HuffPo: Has Bill Maher Been Sucked In by PETA's Naked Celebrities? (2012)
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-01-26, 01:46

Cameron wrote:HuffPo: Has Bill Maher Been Sucked In by PETA's Naked Celebrities? (2012)

Thanks man, I’m starting to buy it. I really hate to be dismissive but I just find so many horse Shit “news “ sites out there these days that you really have to be vigilant. I think you would agree that truth matters. Also I’m starting to lose complete faith in Bill Maher. He had on an anti vax doctor and I thought he entered the realm of bs conspiracy theorist on that one. Also just want to note I’m passionate about animals and I donate frequently to cornell’s Vet school and when I lived in el I used to take my cat to MSU’s vet clinic. Maybe I’m a sucker for loony animal rights groups?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-01-26, 10:10

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:HuffPo: Has Bill Maher Been Sucked In by PETA's Naked Celebrities? (2012)

Thanks man, I’m starting to buy it. I really hate to be dismissive but I just find so many horse Shit “news “ sites out there these days that you really have to be vigilant. I think you would agree that truth matters. Also I’m starting to lose complete faith in Bill Maher. He had on an anti vax doctor and I thought he entered the realm of bs conspiracy theorist on that one. Also just want to note I’m passionate about animals and I donate frequently to cornell’s Vet school and when I lived in el I used to take my cat to MSU’s vet clinic. Maybe I’m a sucker for loony animal rights groups?

PETA has a lot of animal lovers fooled. It's no surprise, really, they have a fairly sizable yearly budget and they spend a good portion of it on marketing and PR.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-01-26, 14:19

I'm thankful that I have no idea what y'all are talking about.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-01-26, 17:02

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm thankful that I have no idea what y'all are talking about.

I think it would be less work for you if you just inform us when you DO know what we're talking about.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Watch Out Pylon! likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-01-31, 16:34

Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-02-01, 12:13

Good Maher new rules segment last night. I agree with the premise the Dems need to go low not high in 2020.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-01-16, 15:09

[tw]1350312331293679617?s=20[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-01-16, 16:05

Bill Maher is steve magnified and propped up in front of an audience. Just like there’s nobody with more contempt for the Republican voter than the Republican Party, there is a subset of so called liberals who actually despise the progressive agenda and the people it is built to protect. Can you imagine Bill Maher actually interacting with any marginalized person? He’d be disgusted. He’s liberal elitism to the core. He is its personification.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-01-16, 16:26

Rocinante wrote:Bill Maher is steve magnified and propped up in front of an audience. Just like there’s nobody with more contempt for the Republican voter than the Republican Party, there is a subset of so called liberals who actually despise the progressive agenda and the people it is built to protect. Can you imagine Bill Maher actually interacting with any marginalized person? He’d be disgusted. He’s liberal elitism to the core. He is its personification.

He should be an admin at UM.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Rocinante likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-01-16, 16:39

Yes. Fuck Michigan. Elitist fuckwads.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-01-16, 18:56

Sorry steve that was mean. I like you more than I like Bill Maher.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-01-16, 23:11

You guys got your diapers on?

He has the best political talk show on tv.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-01-16, 23:53

steveschneider wrote:You guys got your diapers on?

It's not a political show. It's entertainment TV.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2021-01-17, 01:23

Turtleneck wrote:
steveschneider wrote:You guys got your diapers on?

It's not a political show. It's entertainment TV.

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-01-19, 09:16

19 Seasons of Real Time on HBO. Crazy how time flies.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2021-01-19, 09:25

I've never had any real issues with Bill Maher. Sure he's a pretentious dick bag a lot of the time, but it usually doesn't bother me. I don't care for some of the progressive agendas being presented currently, contrary to what certain lunatics on this board believe, so some of the shit he says doesn't upset me all that much.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-01-19, 09:39

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I've never had any real issues with Bill Maher. Sure he's a pretentious dick bag a lot of the time, but it usually doesn't bother me. I don't care for some of the progressive agendas being presented currently, contrary to what certain lunatics on this board believe, so some of the shit he says doesn't upset me all that much.

I don’t like him because he’s a racist dickbag pylon I don’t think that has a ton to do with his stance if progressive issues
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-01-19, 09:49

It's all good. You know who I can't stand is Mike Tirico, He is a sexual predator but it is very on brand for a network like NBC to employ a sexual predator.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2021-01-19, 09:51

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I've never had any real issues with Bill Maher. Sure he's a pretentious dick bag a lot of the time, but it usually doesn't bother me. I don't care for some of the progressive agendas being presented currently, contrary to what certain lunatics on this board believe, so some of the shit he says doesn't upset me all that much.

I don’t like him because he’s a racist dickbag pylon I don’t think that has a ton to do with his stance if progressive issues

OK. I haven't watched his show all that much, especially since we don't have HBO any more. I haven't seen any racist comments, but I haven't seen his show in well over a year. Nor have I heard anything he's said outside of his show, which is where I'm guessing you've heard him say racist shit.

TL;DR I don't care too much about him one way or the other.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2021-01-19, 09:52

steveschneider wrote:It's all good. You know who I can't stand is Mike Tirico, He is a sexual predator but it is very on brand for a network like NBC to employ a sexual predator.

Huh? Haven't heard this one before. Got a link?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-01-19, 09:55

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

OK. I haven't watched his show all that much, especially since we don't have HBO any more. I haven't seen any racist comments, but I haven't seen his show in well over a year. Nor have I heard anything he's said outside of his show, which is where I'm guessing you've heard him say racist shit.

You’d be wrong. I’d go ahead and google “bill Maher racist” then pick from any number of instances where he’s said racist shit on his show. It’s not a one time thing pylon it’s repeated instances of him proving himself someone you shouldn’t listen to when you have innumerable other options.

Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2021-01-19, 10:03

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

You’d be wrong. I’d go ahead and google “bill Maher racist” then pick from any number of instances where he’s said racist shit on his show. It’s not a one time thing pylon it’s repeated instances of him proving himself someone you shouldn’t listen to when you have innumerable other options.

If he is as bad as you say I would think HBO would have parted ways with him. End of the day though I just don't give a fuck about the guy. You guys have fun arguing about how racist Bill Maher is. I'm gonna go talk about toboggans now.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-01-19, 10:06

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

If he is as bad as you say I would think HBO would have parted ways with him. End of the day though I just don't give a fuck about the guy. You guys have fun arguing about how racist Bill Maher is. I'm gonna go talk about toboggans now.

I invited you to google it yourself to broaden your mind pylon. He’s extremely racist, probably in the name of being edgy. I don’t know if he actually thinks the things he says, but I don’t really care.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-01-19, 10:06

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
steveschneider wrote:It's all good. You know who I can't stand is Mike Tirico, He is a sexual predator but it is very on brand for a network like NBC to employ a sexual predator.

It's f'd up because he seems so wholesome during all those prime time broadcasts.

https://theintercept.com/2017/12/06/mike-tirico-nbc-matt-lauer-mark-halperin/
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2021-01-19, 10:14

steveschneider wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

It's f'd up because he seems so wholesome during all those prime time broadcasts.

https://theintercept.com/2017/12/06/mike-tirico-nbc-matt-lauer-mark-halperin/

You know, now that I think of it, maybe I do remember something about Tirico. There was a lot of shit coming out about ESPN at the time.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-01-19, 10:15

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Many of them are the same people who don't bat an eye when other comedians do the back and forth shuffle between comedian/activist/social comentary in the name of edginess.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-01-19, 10:16

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I invited you to google it yourself to broaden your mind pylon. He’s extremely racist, probably in the name of being edgy. I don’t know if he actually thinks the things he says, but I don’t really care.

I grew up with HBO and watched a lot of the comedy specials. From Lenny Bruce to Larry David, to George Carlin to Bill Maher they've all have one thing in common - they've used the 'n word' in their comedy. Not saying it is right maybe it is something the world of comedy needs to sort out. I saw a taping of Stephen Colbert at the old Comedy Central TV studio and he did a bit where he was pulling his eyes back with his fingers and talking in fake Japanese or Chinese (can't remember). That bit didn't make it to the broadast either. Comedians go up to the line and go over it. It's what they do.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-01-19, 10:20

steveschneider wrote:

I grew up with HBO and watched a lot of the comedy specials. From Lenny Bruce to Larry David, to George Carlin to Bill Maher they've all have one thing in common - they've used the 'n word' in their comedy. Not saying it is right maybe it is something the world of comedy needs to sort out. I saw a taping of Stephen Colbert at the old Comedy Central TV studio and he did a bit where he was pulling his eyes back with his fingers and talking in fake Japanese or Chinese (can't remember). That bit didn't make it to the broadast either. Comedians go up to the line and go over it. It's what they do.  

A) it goes well beyond that with Maher. Has anyone googled it yet or no B) by continuing to not only watch him but come here to tell other people what he says you kinda are saying you think it’s right despite what you just said in this post. So that’s fine steve, as long as you’re good with racism at least we know that about you now.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-01-19, 10:25

steveschneider wrote:

A) it goes well beyond that with Maher. Has anyone googled it yet or no B) by continuing to not only watch him but come here to tell other people what he says you kinda are saying you think it’s right despite what you just said in this post. So that’s fine steve, as long as you’re good with racism at least we know that about you now.

Racism, bigotry and sexism is rampant in comedy. Maybe it's useful art form or should we just do away with it? My guess is it's here to stay.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next