Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

+26
Bill Cain
CORNER BLITZ
The Pantry
aualum06
Tim Wakefield
MattyFresh
Robert J Sakimano
I.B. Fine
Jake from State Farm
Nordic
SawGreen
MiamiSpartan
AvgMSUJoe
steveschneider
Rocinante
DWags
Banks2Mason
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
Death Roe
Cameron
30 posters

Page 5 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-02-24, 06:38

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:BCS s5 premier was solid. Lalo is a great character. The dynamic between Jimmy and Kim remains compelling and interesting. Can someone remind me of the back story between Hector and Gus that Lalo made reference to in re to Hector killing Gus' boyfriend? I do not remember this.

I don't remember, TBH. Not too many spoilers please, I'm still in the middle of season 4 since it finally showed up on Netflix.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-02-24, 08:08

tGreenWay wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Outsider is very fucked. It's good. I'm through E4. It's kinda scary, honestly.

Enjoying this very much. Finished Ep. 7.

I cancelled HBO after Watchmen. Now I wish I held out for this show. :(
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-02-24, 08:51

Thank you GW. Barely remember that. There is so much time in between seasons of these series now, I find myself reading plot synopsis' of previous episodes/seasons on Wikipedia just to remind myself what happened. I can't remember last season of BCS let alone what happened in Season 3 or whatever of BB.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-24, 14:30

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

You could always read the book. tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 5 2599972566
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-24, 14:35

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Thank you GW. Barely remember that. There is so much time in between seasons of these series now, I find myself reading plot synopsis' of previous episodes/seasons on Wikipedia just to remind myself what happened. I can't remember last season of BCS let alone what happened in Season 3 or whatever of BB.

Yeah, I don’t believe Vince Gillian is doing his BCS fans any favors by keeping this a year apart between short series. I was the same way about remembering things. If he’s not going to give us any more episodes in a year, then break it up the way TWD does.
BCS is excellent, but there’s such a long wait that I’m always close to giving it up once it’s close to airing.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-24, 14:54

I give Ford/Ferrari a thumbs up. Enjoyed it. Didn't know that story or really how true it is. But If it's true, it's a very interesting story.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-02-24, 15:10

DWags wrote:I give Ford/Ferrari a thumbs up. Enjoyed it. Didn't know that story or really how true it is. But If it's true, it's a very interesting story.
I know the story... didn't watch the movie.

TLDR: Ferrari talked shit, Ford stomped a mud hole.

About right?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-24, 15:14

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
DWags wrote:I give Ford/Ferrari a thumbs up.  Enjoyed it.  Didn't know that story or really how true it is.  But If it's true, it's a very interesting story.  
I know the story... didn't watch the movie.

TLDR: Ferrari talked shit, Ford stomped a mud hole.

About right?

Yes, but the fight between Iaccoca and another executive.  Who the driver should be. Shelby arguing for the Brittish driver. How the 3 ford cars tied coming over the line etc.  Lots of moving parts.  Very interesting if it's all true.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-02-24, 16:19

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I did, too. And Westworld is starting March 15th or something like that, so that makes it tempting to sign back up.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-24, 17:49

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I did, too. And Westworld is starting March 15th or something like that, so that makes it tempting to sign back up.

Congratulations on being just as dumb as Pylon.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 5 1494614055
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-02-24, 17:59

I am flying through the outsider book. On page 105 in about a day. Loving it. Pumped to watch the show after.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-02-24, 18:03

DWags wrote:I give Ford/Ferrari a thumbs up. Enjoyed it. Didn't know that story or really how true it is. But If it's true, it's a very interesting story.

It's a great movie. There's vids on youtube that go over the real vs the hollywoodification of the story. I think the BeBe (sp?) stuff in the film is BS and they used him to make a villain.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-02-24, 22:05

BCS is really such a good show. Odenkirk is amazing.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-02-25, 06:39

I haven't read this yet so don't blame me if it's terrible. It's from a few days ago.

The Enduring, Understated Brilliance of ‘Better Call Saul’
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-02-25, 09:51

Thought the latest Curb Episode with Fred Armisen was hysterical.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-02-25, 11:57

tGreenWay wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 5 1494614055
Yup, how will I ever watch these shows now? It's not like they let you sign up again or anything.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-02-25, 13:16

Floyd Robertson wrote:I haven't read this yet so don't blame me if it's terrible. It's from a few days ago.

The Enduring, Understated Brilliance of ‘Better Call Saul’
Its long. I'm trying to read it. I think I stopped at S3 2 years ago, because I cut cable and its taken so long to get S4 on Netflix. There are probably S4 spoilers, but whatever, they don't seem to be too detailed.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-25, 14:15

MiamiSpartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Yup, how will I ever watch these shows now? It's not like they let you sign up again or anything.

Let’s see if Pylon figures it out. #doubtful
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-02-25, 23:57

Finished the Outsider. Not the conclusion I was anticipating for S1. But I have to admit. This series is fucking creepy. I'm not a guy who really is scared of anything ever. Since I have started watching this I have had some weird ass dreams and a couple of times when my family was gone last week, I would wake up and think of the hooded guy and I actually considered it for a few seconds. That's pretty damn good writing and directing if you ask me. I haven't felt like that since I was in middle school.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-02-26, 00:30

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:BCS is really such a good show. Odenkirk is amazing.

I think the long layoff killed me. Just watched the opener and though it was kind of boring. Mike and Salamaca's nephew(?) is intruiging and will keep me watching. Cinnabun Jimmy is interesting. But the Kim/Saul dynamic is becoming needles in the eyes painful to watch. Just end it.

I read somewhere that there will be 6 seasons. Seems a bit much. Like Thrones, I'm ready for the pay off pitch.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-26, 01:00

Nordic wrote:

I think the long layoff killed me. Just watched the opener and though it was kind of boring. Mike and Salamaca's nephew(?) is intruiging and will keep me watching. Cinnabun Jimmy is interesting. But the Kim/Saul dynamic is becoming needles in the eyes painful to watch. Just end it.

I read somewhere that there will be 6 seasons. Seems a bit much. Like Thrones, I'm ready for the pay off pitch.

The actor who plays Kim needs to lay off cigarettes. She’s already getting those nasty smoker’s lines around her mouth.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-02-26, 11:32

Nordic wrote:

The Kim and Jimmy/Saul dynamic does need to just get to their end game and move on. I've never been very intrigued it from the beginning. But I'm really enjoying the rest of the season.

I believe that there will be 6 seasons (one more after this), and I'm fine with that, especially as they've now progressed into full on Saul territory.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-02-26, 11:41

tGreenWay wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
Yup, how will I ever watch these shows now?  It's not like they let you sign up again or anything.

That's how they get you. HBO is only $15 a month. Netflix is $13. Hulu is $12. Disney+.... yada yada yada. Next thing you know you're blowing $100 a month on streaming services.

Gotta be smart with your money Greenway. Or you can blow it all on shit like Game of Thrones reruns.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-02-26, 13:15

Apparently I misunderstood and that wasn't the last episode of S1 for the Outsider. That makes a lot more sense. I didn't realize the season was current and releasing episodes still. I guess I just finished S1 E7.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-26, 13:37

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

That's how they get you. HBO is only $15 a month. Netflix is $13. Hulu is $12. Disney+.... yada yada yada. Next thing you know you're blowing $100 a month on streaming services.

Gotta be smart with your money Greenway. Or you can blow it all on shit like Game of Thrones reruns.

No need. Imma gonna get got by this virus in a few weeks, anyway. tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 5 3836498553
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-26, 14:32

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Apparently I misunderstood and that wasn't the last episode of S1 for the Outsider. That makes a lot more sense. I didn't realize the season was current and releasing episodes still. I guess I just finished S1 E7.

Episode 8 ran Sunday night. Looking forward to it. According to IMDB, there are 10 episodes this season, or if it’s a one-off, in the series. Episode 9 is 3/1/20, and the10th is 3/8/20.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-02-26, 14:34

tGreenWay wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Apparently I misunderstood and that wasn't the last episode of S1 for the Outsider. That makes a lot more sense. I didn't realize the season was current and releasing episodes still. I guess I just finished S1 E7.

Episode 8 ran Sunday night. Looking forward to it. According to IMDB, there are 10 episodes this season, or if it’s a one-off, in the series. Episode 9 is 3/1/20, and the10th is 3/8/20.

How many seasons did they split the book up into? Or is this one of those "loosely based on" type deals?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-26, 14:36

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

How many seasons did they split the book up into? Or is this one of those "loosely based on" type deals?

No idea; never read the book. It got to a point for me, early on, where King was putting out novels so quickly it was tough to keep up. Life and work got in the way, and when I started reading again, I was into a different genre.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-02-27, 00:10

Has anyone seen Ronny Chieng: Asian Comedian Destroys America!

I think it might be the best end to end stand up routine I’ve seen in a decade.

Check it out on Netflix.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-02-27, 00:14

I caught the newest episode of the Outsider tonight. I'm not sure how soon they release them on HBO Now? Apparently not within an hour like they did with Thrones.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-02-27, 16:52

Not sure where to put this, but I got an email from YTTV saying they could not come to an agreement with Sinclair and thus will not be carrying the FS Regional networks come March 1.

I would say that sucks but I don't really care about the Pro Detroit teams right now.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-02-27, 20:13

I've been watching a lot of Planet Earth lately. All I know is if I were one of those lions, I'm making an example out of one of those fucking hyenas.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-02-27, 20:20

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I've been watching a lot of Planet Earth lately. All I know is if I were one of those lions, I'm making an example out of one of those fucking hyenas.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 5 502811600

Hate those scavenging fucks.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-03-02, 14:29

Watched Knives Out over the weekend. Kind of a Murder She Wrote on steroids. It was campy and fast-paced and over-the-top, but I actually enjoyed it. Probably not the type of movie for some of you.

Meanwhile, I’m with Hatch and Floyd: Planet Earth and whatever this new version is called are on my screen as often as I can sit and watch. We really have a beautiful planet and it’s a shame we’re completely fucking it up.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-03-04, 19:29

Like 7 episodes into Hunters... and here's a hot take y'all need to brace your self for....

That Al Pacino is a pretty freaking good actor.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-03-04, 19:58

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Like 7 episodes into Hunters... and here's a hot take y'all need to brace your self for....

That Al Pacino is a pretty freaking good actor.

Ya know, I’ve heard that from a couple other people, too. I’ll have to check out that guy’s work.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-03-06, 12:02

Damn... Hunters... even though there are some comic bookish features, it's a pretty damn good show. Gets emotional later in the season.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-03-06, 12:13

New "Kids in the Hall" episodes on Amazon
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-03-07, 17:48

I got no commitments this weekend and Top Gun is on tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 5 3493939353

Top 5 movie of all-time?!?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-03-08, 05:36

Watched episode 1 of the Watchmen last night. I read the graphic novel way back when and loved it. Really enjoyed episode 1. Very strange, creepy and interesting. Has a black mirror vibe to it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next