Why does the cancellation of the Des Moines Register Poll Feel Like Democratic Party Shenanigans?

Go down

Why does the cancellation of the Des Moines Register Poll Feel Like Democratic Party Shenanigans? Empty Why does the cancellation of the Des Moines Register Poll Feel Like Democratic Party Shenanigans?

Post by Rocinante on 2020-02-01, 22:50

One single person says that Pete Buttigieg’s name wasn’t included in their list of choices. So they cancel the whole release of the poll? That seems extreme. Hell, that seems idiotic. This is a hugely influential and one of the most accurate polls. I’m.

Suspicious.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/2020/02/01/des-moines-register-cnn-cancels-release-iowa-poll-over-respondent-concerns/4637168002/
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Why does the cancellation of the Des Moines Register Poll Feel Like Democratic Party Shenanigans? Empty Re: Why does the cancellation of the Des Moines Register Poll Feel Like Democratic Party Shenanigans?

Post by steveschneider on 2020-02-01, 23:03

The DNC does not control the Des Moines Register.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Why does the cancellation of the Des Moines Register Poll Feel Like Democratic Party Shenanigans? Empty Re: Why does the cancellation of the Des Moines Register Poll Feel Like Democratic Party Shenanigans?

Post by Rocinante on 2020-02-01, 23:10

steveschneider wrote:The DNC does not control the Des Moines Register.

Yeah everyone knows you’re a fan, Steve. I get it.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2020-02-01, 23:30

If the poll didn’t include a candidate that’s tracking in the Top 5 it should be shut down.

There may not be enough time for a re do to be accurate. Don’t know their methodology.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2020-02-02, 02:05

If they didn’t shut it down all they’d need to do is explain why he wasn’t in the list.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2020-02-02, 03:23

For 1 person? I feel like that’s probably in the margin of error.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-02-02, 06:04

Rocinante wrote:
steveschneider wrote:The DNC does not control the Des Moines Register.

So the DNC got someone to work there and they didn’t poll Mayor Pete and then had enought people to infiltrate them at a high enough level to shut it down? I have a hard time buying it and sounds to me like it’s just fodder for Russian bots, the 50% of Bernie bros that won’t vote for any other dem candidate and fake Facebook ads.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2020-02-02, 07:48

The shenanigans angle is that it included everyone but the dnc didn’t like the results and the Des Moines register was like “okay, we’ll agree to risk our credibility to shut down a poll that may or may not have an impact on the outcome especially given that our last poll had sanders winning too”

I dunno man that’s some Q level conspiracy bs to me
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2020-02-02, 11:29

steveschneider wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

So the DNC got someone to work there and they didn’t poll Mayor Pete and then had enought people to infiltrate them at a high enough level to shut it down? I have a hard time buying it and sounds to me like it’s just fodder for Russian bots, the 50% of Bernie bros that won’t vote for any other dem candidate and fake Facebook ads.  

I'm not disagreeing about the poll, I doubt it's a grand conspiracy. But you need to check yourself with that 50% nonsense. You yourself posted the link showing it to be only 16% of Sanders supporters responding "no" to the question of whether or not they would support a different nominee.

You should apologize to everyone for spreading information you know to be false, steve.

'Member?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2020-02-02, 11:41

Steve seems very desperate to get a “centrist” candidate.

Steve. Are you a poll worker in Iowa by chance?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-02-02, 15:19

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I'm not disagreeing about the poll, I doubt it's a grand conspiracy. But you need to check yourself with that 50% nonsense. You yourself posted the link showing it to be only 16% of Sanders supporters responding "no" to the question of whether or not they would support a different nominee.

You should apologize to everyone for spreading information you know to be false, steve.

'Member?

They talked about it last night on News Hour as well. I believe around 50% is the accepted number. Hopefully those numbers come down for the Sanders fans.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-02-02, 15:55

Rocinante wrote:Steve seems very desperate to get a “centrist” candidate.

Steve. Are you a poll worker in Iowa by chance?

I actually like Sanders a lot. Can’t stand his surrogates, and I feel his supporters are bad at compromise/working with the center part of the party.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2020-02-02, 16:42

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:

'Member?

They talked about it last night on News Hour as well. I believe around 50% is the accepted number. Hopefully those numbers come down for the Sanders fans.

Accepted by whom and on what basis? The tweet you yourself linked to a week ago had polling data indicating that number to be 16%. Is there some other poll with a different result that you can point to?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2020-02-04, 01:52

Anyone want to talk about this now?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2020-02-04, 02:02

This is the equivalent of the first Packer 49’er game this year to me. I was fired up for Green Bay, thought we had our defense and running game. Had my drink and snack waiting for the Pack to make a stay. Then, the first series Rodgers fumbled San Francisco recovered on the ten touchdown then punt interception whatever the fucking confusion was and we were losing by 24 or so. And I slumped away knowing this, once again, was not my year, our year. Fuck it

4 more years.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2020-02-04, 02:05

This is going well Why does the cancellation of the Des Moines Register Poll Feel Like Democratic Party Shenanigans? 502811600
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-02-04, 05:07

headline at CNN, of course, declare the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator the winner. Why does the cancellation of the Des Moines Register Poll Feel Like Democratic Party Shenanigans? 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2020-02-04, 08:12

Rocinante wrote:Anyone want to talk about this now?

Probably not.
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-02-04, 08:29

Turtleneck wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Anyone want to talk about this now?

Probably not.
you mean you don't want to talk about how old white people in an overwhelmingly homogeneous state with an tragically disproportionate impact on the political primary process screwed things up with a technical glitch?

me neither... let the genteel and antiquated Iowa caucus thing burn.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2020-02-04, 10:09

So...?

Mayor Pete Why does the cancellation of the Des Moines Register Poll Feel Like Democratic Party Shenanigans? 2b06
Joe Biden Why does the cancellation of the Des Moines Register Poll Feel Like Democratic Party Shenanigans? 2b07
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2020-02-04, 10:10

NigelUno wrote:So...?

Mayor Pete Why does the cancellation of the Des Moines Register Poll Feel Like Democratic Party Shenanigans? 2b06
Joe Biden Why does the cancellation of the Des Moines Register Poll Feel Like Democratic Party Shenanigans? 2b07

Obviously Biden fucked up by not declaring victory like Pete did.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2020-02-04, 10:12

shenanigans
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-02-04, 10:13

I'm starting to think that old white people sittin' around a gym isn't the best way to decide a president nominee.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-02-04, 10:16

DWags wrote:This is the equivalent of the first Packer 49’er game this year to me. I was fired up for Green Bay, thought we had our defense and running game. Had my drink and snack waiting for the Pack to make a stay. Then, the first series Rodgers fumbled San Francisco recovered on the ten touchdown then punt interception whatever the fucking confusion was and we were losing by 24 or so. And I slumped away knowing this, once again, was not my year, our year. Fuck it

4 more years.

Front page of CNN this morning is declaring this a victory for Trump. I don't get it but you can always count on the DC press to run with a Dems in disarray narrative. The only narrative I can think of this morning is paper ballots and a simple vote work a lot better than this. Iowa get your shit together.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2020-02-04, 10:17

steveschneider wrote:
DWags wrote:This is the equivalent of the first Packer 49’er game this year to me. I was fired up for Green Bay, thought we had our defense and running game. Had my drink and snack waiting for the Pack to make a stay. Then, the first series Rodgers fumbled San Francisco recovered on the ten touchdown then punt interception whatever the fucking confusion was and we were losing by 24 or so. And I slumped away knowing this, once again, was not my year, our year. Fuck it

4 more years.

Front page of CNN this morning is declaring this a victory for Trump. I don't get it but you can always count on the DC press to run with a Dems in disarray narrative. The only narrative I can think of this morning is paper ballots and a simple vote work a lot better than this. Iowa get your shit together.

It absolutely is.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2020-02-04, 10:23

Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-02-04, 10:25

steveschneider wrote:
DWags wrote:This is the equivalent of the first Packer 49’er game this year to me. I was fired up for Green Bay, thought we had our defense and running game. Had my drink and snack waiting for the Pack to make a stay. Then, the first series Rodgers fumbled San Francisco recovered on the ten touchdown then punt interception whatever the fucking confusion was and we were losing by  24 or so.    And I slumped away knowing this, once again, was not my year, our year.  Fuck it

4 more years.

the mainstream media was gonna declare it a win for the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator regardless of what happened.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2020-02-04, 10:28

Probably not the best strategy to write Republican talking points for them with your ineptitude, Dems.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-02-04, 10:34

Rocinante wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

It absolutely is.

This system in Iowa has been there since 1972 but today it's a win for Trump? I just don't get it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2020-02-04, 10:35

Can we get a viable 3rd party?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-02-04, 10:37

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Can we get a viable 3rd party?

Best move is to do what Trump did or Bernie is doing. Run for president and you can win a good chunk of the heart and soul of the party.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-02-04, 10:42

keep in mind, too, that if the mainstream media wasn't outraged by this, nobody else would be.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2020-02-04, 10:43

Rocinante wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

It absolutely is.

I don't think it will be a big talking point in November (nor really influence anyone's vote).
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2020-02-04, 10:43

Robert J Sakimano wrote:keep in mind, too, that if the mainstream media wasn't outraged by this, nobody else would be.

Yeah. In the big picture, it doesn't matter.
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2020-02-04, 14:57

I will take this opportunity to once again state I have no social media accounts. It is always toxic, always overly reactionary, and it’s designed to be that way. I came to my conspiracy theory all by myself!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum