Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Coach Fickell

+32
The Pantry
Senior Dickfist
Heathens '87
MSU addict
MattyFresh
aualum06
I.B. Fine
duffy munn
kingstonlake
GRR Spartan
Banks2Mason
Wally Fairway
Cameron
Heat Miser
Robert J Sakimano
MiamiSpartan
Nordic
Jake from State Farm
Watch Out Pylon!
InTenSity
AvgMSUJoe
CORNER BLITZ
Travis of the Cosmos
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
DWags
tGreenWay
NigelUno
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
WhiteBoyHatcher
36 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Welcome Coach Fickell - Page 17 Empty Re: Welcome Coach Fickell

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 15:53

I'm in whatever stage makes you want to punch puppies.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 15:54

Heathens '87 wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:I've seen Heathens pop in a couple of times over the last few weeks. Always a good, rational poster on tRCMB back in the day.

I do go way back on the RCMB and pop in here from time-to-time when something seems worth discussing. Seems like the more rational people are here. I thought my longevity would get me a pass on a Picard meme but kids these days.........

I dig your vibe dude.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 15:58

Heathens '87 wrote:
steveschneider wrote:My take, it wasn't the BOT or Beekman bungling it. It was Fickell didn't want to inherent the drama and controversies that would come with the Blackwell law suit, possible NCAA sanctions and the continuing fall out from the Nassar scandal.

My thoughts....

- Beekman is at fault here. He locked in on a candidate, it was all far too public, other candidates had the chance to step away publicly, and he failed to manage the board well. He's green and it showed.

- The board involves themselves far too much in athletic decision-making, especially when there isn't strong leadership. Their insistence on involvement is inappropriate for a school of our size and we've had to deal with the impact of their views on minority hiring for 30 years now. That has never worked to our advantage in hiring.

- Fickell and family took a look at the situation and said no. There are some legitimate reasons - a lack of leadership and consistency in either the AD or President position; board dysfunction, fallout from the Nassar situation; cultural issues in the Dantonio program getting a focus. The courtship process here didn't resolve concerns. I'm disappointed but not shocked.

The biggest issue with the way this has been managed is that there was no Plan B. Like a young QB, Beekman locked in on the receiver from the snap. Anybody now feels like Plan B who wants or takes the job as all legitimate Plan B options had to say no last week. So reclamation projects and young coaches without a needed stop in-between their job and MSU.

The Athletic Department and the university as a whole lack leadership. Stanley is new, Beekman is an administrator, not an athletic guy, and the BOT is far from settled. That is all a direct result of Nassar. I think Fickell will leave Cincinnati for a better job in the near future. I love my university, but I can't really come up with a good sales pitch that would convince a guy with that resume that we're that program.....

Question, I'm seeing one side upset that the board wanted multiple interviews and didn't lock in on Fick and the other that he was locked in on Fick and he tipped his hand. Regarding your last take, couldn't agree more and to circle back to the Freep article no assurance more bad news isn't coming with the blackwell lawsuit.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heathens '87 Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 16:00

DWags wrote:

All of this plus our basketball team is slumping.

I've been watching MSU basketball with a bit of attention for some 45 years. We're often better when expectations are low and often worse when expectations are high. The 1999-00 championship team was actually an odd team in this way. What I see....

- Defense always travels. We're not a good defensive team and the loss of McQuaid and Goins has hurt more than expected. It's not that we get off to poor starts on the road. It's that the home team settles into their game-plan way too quickly and way too comfortably.

- There is no consistent third offensive threat and no consistent 3-point shooting. A healthy Langford and we'd be who people thought we would be. Youth and inconsistency are getting exposed.

- When there is a player who is clearly at a different level, players can defer too much, and especially when games are tight. "Cash will save us" is not a game plan.

Disappointing season. I think they'll find a decent footing again and we'll be a team nobody will want to play in the tournament. But this has been one of the more frustrating teams to watch in recent memory....
Heathens '87
Heathens '87
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 16:02

Heathens '87 wrote:
DWags wrote:

All of this plus our basketball team is slumping.

I've been watching MSU basketball with a bit of attention for some 45 years. We're often better when expectations are low and often worse when expectations are high. The 1999-00 championship team was actually an odd team in this way. What I see....

- Defense always travels. We're not a good defensive team and the loss of McQuaid and Goins has hurt more than expected. It's not that we get off to poor starts on the road. It's that the home team settles into their game-plan way too quickly and way too comfortably.

- There is no consistent third offensive threat and no consistent 3-point shooting. A healthy Langford and we'd be who people thought we would be. Youth and inconsistency are getting exposed.

- When there is a player who is clearly at a different level, players can defer too much, and especially when games are tight. "Cash will save us" is not a game plan.

Disappointing season. I think they'll find a decent footing again and we'll be a team nobody will want to play in the tournament. But this has been one of the more frustrating teams to watch in recent memory....

See the Bridges led teams. Starting to look like that unfortunately.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heathens '87 Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 16:06

steveschneider wrote:
Question, I'm seeing one side upset that the board wanted multiple interviews and didn't lock in on Fick and the other that he was locked in on Fick and he tipped his hand. Regarding your last take, couldn't agree more and to circle back to the Freep article no assurance more bad news isn't coming with the blackwell lawsuit.

My issue is that this all played out way too publicly. Managing rumors in a social media world is a challenge. Everything coming from MSU was on Fickell. Other candidates had to deny interest as it was being made clear that they were Plan B or a token minority interview. Mark's timing here didn't help but all accounts are saying Beekman had several days heads-up on this. It was poorly run as the only successful outcome would've been Fickell. That's on Beekman.

Reminds me a bit of the John L hiring. Mason was green and it was a bit of a mess. Compare that to what he learned in managing it much more tightly when he hired Dantonio. Beekman lacks experience. It's showing now that Fickell has said no......
Heathens '87
Heathens '87
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 16:08

kingstonlake wrote:
DWags wrote:

Sorry he retired. It sounds like you needed him to make that decision on your timeline. Dude, you have zero control over it. Just look forward. However, if you need to dwell in it no way would I stand in your way. I can honestly say I too wish people would make decisions based on my priorities, it’s a lie to say otherwise, but I hope I recognize what’s important based on myself. You said Dantonio was wrong to retire when he did. He should have placed the program over his own welfare. How many people in your life would you ask that same thing? I cant think of any. Maybe I’m not thinking straight.

That’s quite the straw man Wags. I never said he had to do anything on my timeline. I said him retiring when he did wasn’t in the best interest of the program he built. And it kinda bothered me. I’m sorry that offended you.

Maybe with the latest Blackwell allegations, he realized it was in the best interest of the program for him to step down.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 16:12

steveschneider wrote:
Heathens '87 wrote:

My thoughts....

- Beekman is at fault here. He locked in on a candidate, it was all far too public, other candidates had the chance to step away publicly, and he failed to manage the board well. He's green and it showed.

- The board involves themselves far too much in athletic decision-making, especially when there isn't strong leadership. Their insistence on involvement is inappropriate for a school of our size and we've had to deal with the impact of their views on minority hiring for 30 years now. That has never worked to our advantage in hiring.

- Fickell and family took a look at the situation and said no. There are some legitimate reasons - a lack of leadership and consistency in either the AD or President position; board dysfunction, fallout from the Nassar situation; cultural issues in the Dantonio program getting a focus. The courtship process here didn't resolve concerns. I'm disappointed but not shocked.

The biggest issue with the way this has been managed is that there was no Plan B. Like a young QB, Beekman locked in on the receiver from the snap. Anybody now feels like Plan B who wants or takes the job as all legitimate Plan B options had to say no last week. So reclamation projects and young coaches without a needed stop in-between their job and MSU.

The Athletic Department and the university as a whole lack leadership. Stanley is new, Beekman is an administrator, not an athletic guy, and the BOT is far from settled. That is all a direct result of Nassar. I think Fickell will leave Cincinnati for a better job in the near future. I love my university, but I can't really come up with a good sales pitch that would convince a guy with that resume that we're that program.....

Do you think it's a coincidence that Nardog and Tucker publicly said they were staying at their schools, and Saleh didn't even want an interview? It's not like they were offered the job. It's almost like they knew something....
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heathens '87 Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 16:15

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

See the Bridges led teams. Starting to look like that unfortunately.

Perfect example. Go back to the championship year. Team had to learn to play without Cleaves. Best thing that happened to that team....
Heathens '87
Heathens '87
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 16:19

We could see if Rachel Denhollender and/or her husband are interested.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 16:20

NigelUno wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Do you think it's a coincidence that Nardog and Tucker publicly said they were staying at their schools, and Saleh didn't even want an interview? It's not like they were offered the job. It's almost like they knew something....

I don't know. Welcome Coach Fickell - Page 17 2599972566
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heathens '87 Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 16:21

NigelUno wrote:Do you think it's a coincidence that Nardog and Tucker publicly said they were staying at their schools, and Saleh didn't even want an interview? It's not like they were offered the job. It's almost like they knew something....

The timing was awful here as coaches had to be accessible to the media with signing day. So other candidates were asked about the opening and it sure seemed to me like they knew State was locked in on Fickell. So they chose, wisely so I'd argue, to pledge allegiance to their current positions. Narduzzi did it in impressive fashion. The way this was managed ensured there was no Plan B. Hard to save face now......
Heathens '87
Heathens '87
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 16:26

Heathens '87 wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Do you think it's a coincidence that Nardog and Tucker publicly said they were staying at their schools, and Saleh didn't even want an interview? It's not like they were offered the job. It's almost like they knew something....

The timing was awful here as coaches had to be accessible to the media with signing day. So other candidates were asked about the opening and it sure seemed to me like they knew State was locked in on Fickell. So they chose, wisely so I'd argue, to pledge allegiance to their current positions. Narduzzi did it in impressive fashion. The way this was managed ensured there was no Plan B. Hard to save face now.......

For sure. Nardog and Tucker look great to their fans. They publicly turned us down. The only thing better for them would be if their agents got them raises out of it. Saleh not even wanting an interview was a little odd (unless he's just totally locked into the NFL)...why not just go through the interview process (unless he knew it was a waste of time because a BoT member tipped him off)?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 16:27

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I don't know. Welcome Coach Fickell - Page 17 2599972566

Are you even open to any suggestion that the job was Fickell's and he changed his mind?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 16:32

NigelUno wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

That’s quite the straw man Wags. I never said he had to do anything on my timeline. I said him retiring when he did wasn’t in the best interest of the program he built. And it kinda bothered me. I’m sorry that offended you.

Maybe with the latest Blackwell allegations, he realized it was in the best interest of the program for him to step down.

I saw that mentioned somewhere.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 16:35

Alright here are some scenarios I see.

Scenario 1: Tressel blows past expectations and wins the CFP in year one. Sign him to lifetime contract. Hey Pepto Bismol!
Scenario 2: 6-7 As we skate by into mediocrity, the board accepts this. Removes interim, 3 yr. contract, we continue to float around .500, diarrhea poop all day.
Scenario 3: Tank for Tua, poop.
Scenario 4: Sub .500 year with Tressel at the helm, the year is full of strong evaluation of candidates that can come in guns blazing and will want the job, then we sign said guy we want, hope is restored and I never pooped my pants.
Scenario 5: Poop our pants
Scenario 6: Rush a hire, like Bielema and Butch Jones to save "face"? Complete culture shift into the unknown, most likely this will also result in tons of poop in our pants.
Scenario 7: "I'm sure that we can handle this situation maturely, just like the responsible adults we are. Isn't that right, Mr. Poopy Pants?"
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heathens '87 Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 16:39

NigelUno wrote:For sure. Nardog and Tucker look great to their fans. They publicly turned us down. The only thing better for them would be if their agents got them raises out of it. Saleh not even wanting an interview was a little odd (unless he's just totally locked into the NFL)...why not just go through the interview process (unless he knew it was a waste of time because a BoT member tipped him off)?

Saleh had his name floated because he had coached here under Bobby. He's been a NFL guy for 15 years, DC for a Super Bowl team, and he knows his shot at a NFL head coaching job is soon. The search consultant asks for permission, he declines and what is more interesting is that this comes out publicly through the 49ers. I'd say he sent a message to the NFL regarding his intentions. He could've done so quietly....it's worth noting that he didn't.....
Heathens '87
Heathens '87
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 16:54

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Pay no attention to pylon he’s.... well he’s whatever

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 17:04

MattyFresh wrote:Alright here are some scenarios I see.

Scenario 1: Tressel blows past expectations and wins the CFP in year one. Sign him to lifetime contract. Hey Pepto Bismol!
Scenario 2: 6-7 As we skate by into mediocrity, the board accepts this. Removes interim, 3 yr. contract, we continue to float around .500, diarrhea poop all day.
Scenario 3: Tank for Tua, poop.
Scenario 4: Sub .500 year with Tressel at the helm, the year is full of strong evaluation of candidates that can come in guns blazing and will want the job, then we sign said guy we want, hope is restored and I never pooped my pants.
Scenario 5: Poop our pants
Scenario 6: Rush a hire, like Bielema and Butch Jones to save "face"? Complete culture shift into the unknown, most likely this will also result in tons of poop in our pants.
Scenario 7: "I'm sure that we can handle this situation maturely, just like the responsible adults we are. Isn't that right, Mr. Poopy Pants?"

I see pants pooping in our future.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 17:11

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:But what about all the inside info from trusted strangers on the Internet?
You mean because they couldn't read Fickell's mind before even Fickell knew what he was going to do?
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Welcome Coach Fickell - Page 17 Who-the-fuck-g8xxfr

Welcome, by the way.
I've seen Heathens pop in a couple of times over the last few weeks. Always a good, rational poster on tRCMB back in the day.

Sorry your reliable inside source named Dave from Howell turned out to be wrong. I did enjoy the confidence though.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 17:18

If there is anything i learn from this is do not trust jim comp. what a doofus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 17:19

If we go through next year with Tressel as the interim, the season will be a disaster. I mean, look at that one time that OSU went a whole season with an interim coach. With all their talent and the success that they had in the years prior and years after, they only went 6-6. I don't even remember who that interim coach was, but they seem to have fallen off the face of the earth, am I right?

I'm not saying that Tressel would suck, but with the interim tag hanging over him, it creates an uncertain, toxic environment. It's like playing with a fired coach for the whole season.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 17:21

The real question is..

do we nominate Heathens for the MSU Alumni of the Year Award or just skip on over to the Pulitzer Prize?

(dude always has cogent, well-articulated thoughts).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 17:23

MiamiSpartan wrote:If we go through next year with Tressel as the interim, the season will be a disaster. I mean, look at that one time that OSU went a whole season with an interim coach. With all their talent and the success that they had in the years prior and years after, they only went 6-6. I don't even remember who that interim coach was, but they seem to have fallen off the face of the earth, am I right?

I'm not saying that Tressel would suck, but with the interim tag hanging over him, it creates an uncertain, toxic environment. It's like playing with a fired coach for the whole season.

Probably wouldn’t even be able to flip guys from eastern Illinois
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 17:23

Robert J Sakimano wrote:The real question is..

do we nominate Heathens for the MSU Alumni of the Year Award or just skip on over to the Pulitzer Prize?

(dude always has cogent, well-articulated thoughts).

Bob, you’re scaring the help.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 17:24

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:If there is anything i learn from this is do not trust jim comp. what a doofus

He generates revenue by saying exactly what MSU fans want to hear. Seems reliable to me, bro.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 17:28

MiamiSpartan wrote:If we go through next year with Tressel as the interim, the season will be a disaster. I mean, look at that one time that OSU went a whole season with an interim coach. With all their talent and the success that they had in the years prior and years after, they only went 6-6. I don't even remember who that interim coach was, but they seem to have fallen off the face of the earth, am I right?

Recruiting will be horrible. We’re taking huge steps backward. JMO.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 17:29

2 star U!!!!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 17:29

DWags wrote:

Recruiting will be horrible. We’re taking huge steps backward. JMO.

Yep, and the fan base isn't going to pay or travel to watch the product. It is definitely time for change.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 17:29

Will Izzo try to get his buddy Steve Mariucci the job for a year or two?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 17:41

The Pantry wrote:Will Izzo try to get his buddy Steve Mariucci the job for a year or two?

It would be weird of that was not at a rumor. It has been a rumor every vacancy since Izzo.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 17:50

I remember when I said that I would be happy with 7-8 seasons every year I was told I was part of the problem. I have a feeling we are heading towards the dark ages of sports and in a few years we'd do anything for a seven win season.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 17:52

In regards to Heathens post...

I'm going with all of the above. Complete leadership vacuum all around. And we had warning signs with the Blackwell case. This should of never seen the light of day. You either reach a settlement go on the attack and counter sue/smear his ass back. I know he surd Dants, and not MSU, but MSU could made this go away.

You think this happens in Ann Arbor? No chance.

Point fingers at Beekman, BoT or Stanely. They are all equally responsible for not getting on the same page BEFORE Dantonio retired. Even with the awkward timing, there was time to get the plan down and EVERYONE on board. Either allow Beekman full autonomy or set the ground rules  Hell, this was happening eventually. Either this year (signs back in August) or in a year or two. How the fuck were rules of engagement not set the second Beekman and Stanely were hired officially? You have too aging coaches at the end of their career. The time is not after Dantonio retired.

I seriously thought they had the plan on lockdown this morning. I was wrong.

Fickell saw what a mess our leadership is. Saw Dantonio getting sued, looked at our roster, looked at his, looked at his kids and said, "nah, I'm good". Hell, the fucker didn't even bother to leave his house for the interview. Smart man. Fickell comes if our house is in order. It is not.

Man, I really wanted to believe we were past this, but we are no.better than before Nassar in terms of leadership.

Welcome Coach Fickell - Page 17 4113017228 I'm somewhere between anger and bargaining.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 17:57

Nordic wrote:In regards to Heathens post...

I'm going with all of the above. Complete leadership vacuum all around. And we had warning signs with the Blackwell case. This should of never seen the light of day. You either reach a settlement go on the attack and counter sue/smear his ass back. I know he surd Dants, and not MSU, but MSU could made this go away.

Point fingers at Beekman, BoT or Stanely. They are all equally responsible for not getting on the same page BEFORE Dantonio retired. Even with the awkward timing, there was time to get the plan down and EVERYONE on board. Either allow Beekman full autonomy or set the ground rules  Hell, this was happening eventually. Either this year (signs back in August) or in a year or two. How the fuck were rules of engagement not set the second Beekman and Stanely were hired officially? You have too aging coaches at the end of their career. The time is not after Dantonio retired.

Fickell saw what a mess our leadership is. Saw Dantonio getting sued, looked at our roster, looked at his, looked at his kids and said, "nah, I'm good". Hell, the fucker didn't even bother to leave his house for the interview. Smart man. Fickell comes if our house is in order. It is not.

Man, I really wanted to believe we were past this, but we are no.better than before Nassar in terms of leadership.

Welcome Coach Fickell - Page 17 4113017228 I'm somewhere between anger and bargaining.

I would guess that Fickell May have been the plan for a while. Maybe even verbally agreed he was a go. Then Dantonio told him about the deposition. After all he is loyal to friends. It just seems odd the timing of the deposition, the retirement, then Fickells retreat.

They’re going on probation ( not sourced just an opinion)
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 17:59

While acknowledging that things at MSU have been somewhat rocky, I'm not sure we need a lecture on "culture" from someone with such close ties with Ohio State.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 18:05

Nordic wrote:In regards to Heathens post...

Regarding the Blackwell thing, had a similar thought today. Probably time we open up the check book and settle. Don't know what else to say but the lawyers are out and it's creating uncertainty.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 18:08

The Pantry wrote:Will Izzo try to get his buddy Steve Mariucci the job for a year or two?
At this point, I'm not sure that Izzo himself coaching the football team is entirely out of the question.  

Could Hondo have been 13 years ahead of his time?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 18:12

Robert J Sakimano wrote:While acknowledging that things at MSU have been somewhat rocky, I'm not sure we need a lecture on "culture" from someone with such close ties with Ohio State.

That's quite the understatement.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 18:24

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:If there is anything i learn from this is do not trust jim comp. what a doofus

Comp probably should have understood there are a few layers to a job hire at MSU. I think a lot of people were excited that we were going to pull this off and let that excitement get ahead of them.

It's also entirely possible that Fickell changed his mind on Sunday night/Monday morning.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 18:29

NigelUno wrote:

Comp probably should have understood there are a few layers to a job hire at MSU. I think a lot of people were excited that we were going to pull this off and let that excitement get ahead of them.

It's also entirely possible that Fickell changed his mind on Sunday night/Monday morning.

It's the era we live in, the public opinion of main stream media is in the dumps and there was a mob anxious to rally around the message board gossip and couldn't wait to stand up and give Couch, Solari and anyone else at the news papers the middle finger. Mainstream media came out looking good at the end of this. It was fascinating to watch.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next