Mel Tucker the Skullfucker: Please post your first impressions here

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here Empty Mel Tucker the Skullfucker: Please post your first impressions here

Post by DWags on Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 2:05

1. Will calm the waters between activists on the board and the AD
2. Decent coach
3. Wont be given much time by our fan base.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here Empty Re: Mel Tucker the Skullfucker: Please post your first impressions here

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 2:12

4. Best case scenario at this given time
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here Empty Re: Mel Tucker the Skullfucker: Please post your first impressions here

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 2:15

5. People will overreact to him going 5-7 at fucking Colorado
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 2:23

6. A birdie just showed up in my P.M. on Facebook. Flew in from Belleville. Seems there are some excited coaches there.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 2:29

Was still too geeked to sleep after Tillman’s dunk.

Tucker played for Alvarez at Wisconsin 
Was a 2 year GA at MSU for Saban
DB coach for Saban @ L$U
In 2015 he was AHC/DB coach for Saban at ‘Bama 
Was Tressel’s DB coach for 3 seasons and Co-DC for one season before leaving to the NFL

Initially I like the idea he’s worked for Saban at 3 times, has been a DC at the college and NFL level plus he’s recently recruited in SEC country when he was Georgia’s DC/DB coach.

No interim like some doom and gloomers predicted and he knows how big time football organizations work.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 2:38

DWags wrote:6. A birdie just showed up in my P.M. on Facebook. Flew in from Belleville. Seems there are some excited coaches there.

I recall there were one or two players from Michigan who are currently at or committed to CU. No idea if they’re Belleville players you’re referring to. Does make me wonder if those guys, whoever they are, might reconsider.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh on Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 2:41

Saw he has some highly ranked kids in the Buffs class from Texas and Louisiana, Cal, among other places. Would be mind blowing to recruit the talent down and out there
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh on Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 2:46

Maybe he can bring Alfano, that Bama transfer he brought in with him. Was like a top 10 croot last year

Edit: this guy
https://247sports.com/Player/Antonio-Alfano-81734/
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 2:50

Perhaps Tucker can mute Blackwell’s constant condemnation of MSU that’s he’s been spewing for 2 plus years to Detroit HS coaches.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 6:25

GRR Spartan wrote:Was still too geeked to sleep after Tillman’s dunk.

Tucker played for Alvarez at Wisconsin 
Was a 2 year GA at MSU for Saban
DB coach for Saban @ L$U
In 2015 he was AHC/DB coach for Saban at ‘Bama 
Was Tressel’s DB coach for 3 seasons and Co-DC for one season before leaving to the NFL

Initially I like the idea he’s worked for Saban at 3 times, has been a DC at the college and NFL level plus he’s recently recruited in SEC country when he was Georgia’s DC/DB coach.

No interim like some doom and gloomers predicted and he knows how big time football organizations work.
Definitely worth noting that those years under Tressel as DB coach, was under Dantonio. I believe he became co-DC when Dantonio left for Cincy.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway on Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 7:18

meh

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here Giphy
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 7:26

1.) give the rebuild time. No evaluation for at least three years.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ on Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 7:41

Solid name
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict on Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 7:46

DWags wrote:3. Wont be given much time by our fan base.

It would seem to me he has five years to prove himself (assuming a five year contract).

Also, I think any realistic person expects us to suck this year.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 8:03

I like it.

I like his ties to success in the SEC in terms of giving him some street cred with recruits/parents/fans that are impressed by such a thing (I'm not inherently impressed by that but I understand where people would be).

I like his scowl - we need someone with a scowl.

let's face it - I like the fact that MSU is bringing in an African American head coach. I just do.

I like that he has a history of success in the Big Ten as both a player and a coach.. that he went on to have success as a coordinator in the SEC. Not worried about 5-7 in his one and only year at Colorado. Heck, I think/hope if he went 5-7, 6-6 or even 7-5 here this year we would be okay with that given the 'rebuilding' year we're all expecting.

The more I think of Fickell, the more I think "fuck Fickell" - I don't want some wishy-washy guy here. I want someone who wants to be here. Seems like Tucker wants to be here.

Go Green.

#SkullTuck
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 8:11

Love the hire. From every metric out there the guy can coach. Also, love that our school hired an African American. Clear there is so much bigotry at the pro level with giving African Americans leadership roles. I wish Tucker nothing but success and proud to have him as a coach.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 8:14

Also, to take from Graham Couch a ‘A strong move and a decisive recovery’. Check and check.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ on Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 8:29

Thought I saw in one of these threads 6.3m for assistants...huge jump from Dantonios 3.4
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway on Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 8:31

kingstonlake wrote:1.) give the rebuild time. No evaluation for at least three years.
It's like you don't even know the fanbase (well, any fanbase for that matter)
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 8:32

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Thought I saw in one of these threads 6.3m for assistants...huge jump from Dantonios 3.4

Was just about to post that. Starting to spend like we are a top 20 revenue sports program. Folks this is good news and (gulp) good leadership.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 8:45

None of you should read the Reddit comments. CU fans are fucking livid.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 8:47

InTenSity wrote:None of you should read the Reddit comments. CU fans are fucking livid.

They were ReBuffed.
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 8:48

InTenSity wrote:None of you should read the Reddit comments. CU fans are fucking livid.

Understandable he was doing really good work there turning that program around.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 8:55

Lets fucking go!!!!!!!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 8:56

By all measures this guy can recruit. Big win seasons all starts there.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 8:56

Beekman as AD:

Rolling Eyes

cheers

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here 901027492

cheers
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 9:02

NigelUno wrote:Beekman as AD:

Rolling Eyes

cheers

cheers

Yep, this is a win for him. Glad the leadership tuned out the whiners and got it done.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 9:20

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Beekman as AD:

Rolling Eyes

cheers

cheers

Yep, this is a win for him. Glad the leadership tuned out the whiners and got it done.

It's a win now. An AD is always judged on the record of coaching hires. So, we'll see.
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 9:27

[tw]1227585044165906437[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 9:52

Floyd Robertson wrote:[tw]1227585044165906437[/tw]

I don't follow recruiting, is that a good thing?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 9:55

steveschneider wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:[tw]1227585044165906437[/tw]

I don't follow recruiting, is that a good thing?

I don't either, but I saw a couple of other Twitter threads suggesting his name from earlier than the one I posted. Appeared to come from Spartan fans who knew a thing or two about recruiting and suggested it would be great thing.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 9:56

So the big question is who will be our quarter back? What kind of options does Coach Tucker the Skullfucker have?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 10:00

Are you asking Tucker to post his impressions of us here? Do you think they told him about tSwill when they interviewed him?
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 10:07

[tw]1226248709324722176[/tw]

This did not age well.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 10:15

It aged slightly better than Fickell in about an hour though.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 10:18

NigelUno wrote:

They were ReBuffed.

Hat tip.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 10:28

steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 10:40

Corner B gets 15%
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum