Mel Tucker the Skullfucker: Please post your first impressions here

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 4 Empty Re: Mel Tucker the Skullfucker: Please post your first impressions here

Post by Nordic on 2020-02-12, 17:36

tGreenWay wrote:
Nordic wrote:Been in da Pit all day. How we liking the Tucker Swillers?

Apparently, we’re not enthusiastic enough to satisfy one of the outsiders from TOB.

I see you've been busy greeting all our new guests Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 4 969504605
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 4 Empty Re: Mel Tucker the Skullfucker: Please post your first impressions here

Post by NigelUno on 2020-02-12, 17:39

His biggest hug was for the search firm guy. Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 4 502811600

[tw]1227708430393184258[/tw]
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-02-12, 17:47

NigelUno wrote:His biggest hug was for the search firm guy. Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 4 502811600

[tw]1227708430393184258[/tw]
Interesting. That is a hell of a hug to Glenn.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-02-12, 17:53

Nordic wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Apparently, we’re not enthusiastic enough to satisfy one of the outsiders from TOB.

I see you've been busy greeting all our new guests Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 4 969504605

I friggin love the hire. We get a fresh start, we get an upgrade in pay for assistants and the guy sounds like an elite recruiter. Great first step.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2020-02-12, 18:01

Nice quotes about Coach Mel Tucker.

[tw]1227714104997089286[/tw]
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2020-02-12, 18:09

Nordic wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Yup, sort of a self-appointed Swill Welcome Wagon, minus the box of swag.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates on 2020-02-12, 19:03

That is pretty cool him and his wife got engaged at MSU
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2020-02-12, 19:10

Dendrobates wrote:That is pretty cool him and his wife got engaged at MSU

I asked the ol girl to marry me at Beaumont Tower when we were walking through campus. Since then, I've found many people who marry other Spartans have.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2020-02-12, 19:33

[tw]1227734119326588932[/tw]

"Let's Go!"
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates on 2020-02-12, 20:10

DWags wrote:

I asked the ol girl to marry me at Beaumont Tower when we were walking through campus. Since then, I've found many people who marry other Spartans have.

This will sound weird, but the hubby proposed in class at MSU . The ring was in a cheetah skull (one of my fav animals) in mammology class.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2020-02-12, 20:13

Dendrobates wrote:
DWags wrote:

This will sound weird, but the hubby proposed in class at MSU . The ring was in a cheetah skull (one of my fav animals) in mammology class.

LOL, I"m going to guess in the whole history of the world, that only one proposal has ever been made under those circumstances. well done by the hubby.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh on 2020-02-12, 20:18

Dendrobates wrote:
DWags wrote:

I asked the ol girl to marry me at Beaumont Tower when we were walking through campus.  Since then, I've found many people who marry other Spartans have.  

Wait so he handed you this when on one knee?!? This man must have balls of solid rock

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 4 Main-qimg-f9123c6c87c90fab21b36e87e9136ff7
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 on 2020-02-12, 20:26

Let's go
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates on 2020-02-12, 20:29

MattyFresh wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Wait so he handed you this when on one knee?!? This man must have balls of solid rock

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 4 Main-qimg-f9123c6c87c90fab21b36e87e9136ff7

It wasn’t on a stand. But we were seated with a table that had 3 big cat skulls. The TA was in on it (also a good friend of ours). She asked me to lift the top part of the skull up to look at a certain feature she was talking about. There was the ring, he got down on one knee, the rest is history.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh on 2020-02-12, 20:33

Dendrobates wrote:

It wasn’t on a stand. But we were seated with a table that had 3 big cat skulls. The TA was in on it (also a good friend of ours). She asked me to lift the top part of the skull up to look at a certain feature she was talking about. There was the ring, he got down on one knee, the rest is history.

and then....Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 4 2175295500
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates on 2020-02-12, 20:34

MattyFresh wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

and then....Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 4 2175295500

And Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 4 3557613862
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2020-02-12, 20:52

Dendrobates wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:

That's a pretty awesome story. Thanks for sharing.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2020-02-12, 20:53

Dendrobates wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:

And Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 4 3557613862

Right there in the classroom?
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates on 2020-02-12, 20:55

NigelUno wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Right there in the classroom?  

Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heathens '87 on 2020-02-12, 21:16

First impressions?! He seems like he really wants to be here and I think it's genuine. Everything points toward him being an excellent recruiter, people speak of his energy, presence and ability to connect with people, and he's a defensive oriented guy at a school that's mainly had success when we're defensive oriented. Seems a good fit.

He was always a legitimate Plan A candidate and it seemed like it was off the table with the Fickell courtship. I wonder if the issue was he was forced to say something publicly to deny interest once it became known he was interviewed. That's the modern social media world we live in. The resume with State connections, Saban endorsed, NFL, Georgia, Alabama....it's solid. Now if he had been at Colorado for 3-4 years and built that into a winner, there'd be nothing else to ask for. I do think we're overpaying relative to his experience, but I think that has a lot to do with having to re-visit him as a candidate with the Fickell situation.

Given the issues of timing, challenges with the leadership right now (green AD, new President, BOT dysfunction) and the way the Fickell situation played out, I'm not sure how this could've played out better to hire a legitimate Plan A candidate. I'm ready to be patient as this is a bit of a re-build. I'm hoping for a high amount of staff turnover to change the approach and culture, recruiting is not an overnight fix and I don't think the cupboard is stocked to make the immediate future rosy. But it's the right time to change leadership and Coach Tucker is our coach now. Nothing but support from this alumnus. Go Green!
Heathens '87
Heathens '87
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2020-02-12, 22:25

Dendrobates wrote:
DWags wrote:

Weird. A cheetah ate my fiance.
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2020-02-13, 02:03

Turtleneck wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Weird. A cheetah ate my fiance.

Would t that be more ironic than weird?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-02-13, 08:13

Heathens '87 wrote:First impressions?! He seems like he really wants to be here and I think it's genuine. Everything points toward him being an excellent recruiter, people speak of his energy, presence and ability to connect with people, and he's a defensive oriented guy at a school that's mainly had success when we're defensive oriented. Seems a good fit.

He was always a legitimate Plan A candidate and it seemed like it was off the table with the Fickell courtship. I wonder if the issue was he was forced to say something publicly to deny interest once it became known he was interviewed. That's the modern social media world we live in. The resume with State connections, Saban endorsed, NFL, Georgia, Alabama....it's solid. Now if he had been at Colorado for 3-4 years and built that into a winner, there'd be nothing else to ask for. I do think we're overpaying relative to his experience, but I think that has a lot to do with having to re-visit him as a candidate with the Fickell situation.

Given the issues of timing, challenges with the leadership right now (green AD, new President, BOT dysfunction) and the way the Fickell situation played out, I'm not sure how this could've played out better to hire a legitimate Plan A candidate. I'm ready to be patient as this is a bit of a re-build. I'm hoping for a high amount of staff turnover to change the approach and culture, recruiting is not an overnight fix and I don't think the cupboard is stocked to make the immediate future rosy. But it's the right time to change leadership and Coach Tucker is our coach now. Nothing but support from this alumnus. Go Green!

He’s got the investment from the university now he’s going to need some time and patience. I do remember year one of Dantonio and you could notice an immediate difference. Even the games we lost they were at least close and you could see the energy in the program.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2020-02-13, 08:21

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:[tw]1227689688003158016[/tw]
Saban loves this guy. He's hired him at 3 different stops. Who else can say that? I don't know, maybe others. But Saban has to think pretty highly of a guy to keep hiring him.

Ok, fine, yes, there was Bobby. But Saban hired Bobby at 4 different spot, not 3. So it's really not the same, is it?

I think Saban hired Bobby 4x because he felt sorry for him.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-02-13, 08:32

steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2020-02-13, 08:56

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:[tw]1227689688003158016[/tw]
Saban loves this guy. He's hired him at 3 different stops. Who else can say that? I don't know, maybe others. But Saban has to think pretty highly of a guy to keep hiring him.

Ok, fine, yes, there was Bobby. But Saban hired Bobby at 4 different spot, not 3. So it's really not the same, is it?

So, once again I'll say this because I was fried on tob back int he day, but it's a fact, Bobby Williams is a damn good coach. One of the best I've been around. Head Coach? Nope, but while I understand the MSU alums anger still with the cluster fuck that happened, I still don't understand how they can't see the difference between the two things. No less than Nick Saban wanted him around. That wasn't on accident. Oregon is doing pretty damn good with him too. Guy can coach.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-02-13, 09:41

DWags wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

So, once again I'll say this because I was fried on tob back int he day, but it's a fact, Bobby Williams is a damn good coach. One of the best I've been around. Head Coach? Nope, but while I understand the MSU alums anger still with the cluster fuck that happened, I still don't understand how they can't see the difference between the two things. No less than Nick Saban wanted him around. That wasn't on accident. Oregon is doing pretty damn good with him too. Guy can coach.

Hey Dwags, I know I've made fun of a lot of the 'insider' takes last week or so but just want to say yours I value. I've learned a lot and I but into it that Bobby Williams is a great coach to have on staff just not HC material.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2020-02-13, 09:56

Hey dwags I just wanted to let you know that I love you and value you everything you say. I would like to be your wife. I would make you food when you want food. Leave your family and run off with me. The world will be our oyster. We can do anything, think of the possibilities. I would die for you.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2020-02-13, 10:11

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Hey dwags I just wanted to let you know that I love you and value you everything you say. I would like to be your wife. I would make you food when you want food. Leave your family and run off with me. The world will be our oyster. We can do anything, think of the possibilities. I would die for you.

Just becuase you let matty fresh out of you pit, doesn't mean I'm falling for this shit. It's gonna have to be one shy for a bit
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-02-13, 10:17

DWags wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Also worth noting that he stayed in the NFL for another year or two after Nick left the Dolphins to go to Alabama. I believe he needed 2 or 3 years to get a pension? Either way, someone had to give him a job to stay in the league.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2020-02-13, 10:47

MiamiSpartan wrote:
DWags wrote:

Also worth noting that he stayed in the NFL for another year or two after Nick left the Dolphins to go to Alabama. I believe he needed 2 or 3 years to get a pension? Either way, someone had to give him a job to stay in the league.

So, the whole idea was for Bobby to get enough years and time in to get an NFL pension. He was just short of a pension when Saban took off. plan was for Bobby to stay on for 4 or fie months, qualify for a pension take a year off, coach his kid in high school in Florida and move to alabama with Saban. Timing was actually pretty good for Bobby and his family.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-02-13, 10:49

OJ Simpson Weighs in.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2020-02-13, 11:07

Hey DWags, I just wanted to say I love you, now go fuck yourself.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2020-02-13, 11:07

[tw]1227986081011916800?s=20[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ on 2020-02-13, 11:09

#rip2ukstaff
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2020-02-13, 11:10

DWags wrote:[tw]1227986081011916800?s=20[/tw]

Come work with his buddy Mel SF Tucker is what.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2020-02-13, 11:11

DWags wrote:

Beaumont Tower is where Mrs. GreenWay and I got married.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2020-02-13, 11:16

steveschneider wrote:

OJ Simpson Weighs in.

That’s... odd.

Anyhoo, here’s angry Drew Pearson, of Cowboys game. He’s pissed.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/4738248002
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heathens '87 on 2020-02-13, 12:55

steveschneider wrote:He’s got the investment from the university now he’s going to need some time and patience. I do remember year one of Dantonio and you could notice an immediate difference. Even the games we lost they were at least close and you could see the energy in the program.

That's my hope as well. His salary is a choice the college is making. Fine. That he gets a bigger budget for staff acknowledges a reality of why the Dantonio program struggled at the end. It can take a bit for a staff to become cohesive. Patience. And recruiting takes time to turn into game-ready college-level talent. Patience.

But a focused game-plan can happen immediately. In-game intensity; maximizing talent and player development; and taking some steps towards where winning Power Five football is right now can happen this coming fall.

December 31, 2015 was the high-water mark for the Dantonio program. Big picture...the game has changed. And Alabama showed us clearly that day that there is another level for truly competing for national titles.

Tucker isn't going to have the talent to get to that high-water mark. But he can start showing this fall that the only thing missing is the raw talent. And I think his recruiting game-plan makes sense - own Detroit and then draw a circle 6 hours from East Lansing. That's the foundation.

He's got two big decision areas right away - hiring his staff and then making some quick choices about the transfer portal, especially at QB. The timing of Dantonio's departure gives him no settle-in period........
Heathens '87
Heathens '87
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-02-13, 13:06

Dendrobates wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:

So he gives you a ring in a skull, and then you fuck.

Now THAT is a #Skullfuck.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum