Mel Tucker the Skullfucker: Please post your first impressions here

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 5 Empty Re: Mel Tucker the Skullfucker: Please post your first impressions here

Post by AvgMSUJoe on Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:14 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
That’s... odd.

Anyhoo, here’s angry Drew Pearson, of Cowboys game. He’s pissed.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/4738248002

Is Drew Pearson new to how professional coaches/sports work? Does he have to explain it to his grandbaby?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 5 Empty Re: Mel Tucker the Skullfucker: Please post your first impressions here

Post by MiamiSpartan on Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:18 pm

DWags wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
Also worth noting that he stayed in the NFL for another year or two after Nick left the Dolphins to go to Alabama. I believe he needed 2 or 3 years to get a pension? Either way, someone had to give him a job to stay in the league.

So, the whole idea was for Bobby to get enough years and time in to get an NFL pension. He was just short of a pension when Saban took off. plan was for Bobby to stay on for 4 or fie months, qualify for a pension take a year off, coach his kid in high school in Florida and move to alabama with Saban. Timing was actually pretty good for Bobby and his family.
I think I've mentioned this story before, but it was during that time with the Dolphins, but after Saban left, that I watched Bobby coach a charity basketball game against OJ Simpson. Just one of those odd combination of coaches that will stick in my head forever. And both have been mentioned in this thread. Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 5 502811600
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:44 pm

steveschneider wrote:

OJ Simpson Weighs in.

I was wondering what guys who got away with murder felt about all of this.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:51 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:
That’s... odd.

Anyhoo, here’s angry Drew Pearson, of Cowboys game. He’s pissed.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/4738248002

Is Drew Pearson new to how professional coaches/sports work? Does he have to explain it to his grandbaby?

I know. It’s an old man yelling at clouds because it wasn’t done nearly as often when he played decades ago. It’s what happens now, and most recently, the players are joining the coaches with moving around.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:15 pm

[tw]1227998484160221185[/tw]

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 5 200
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe on Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:20 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:[tw]1227998484160221185[/tw]

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 5 200

Looking forward to Warner's O after he gets a big fat raise. It will be electric.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:24 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Looking forward to Warner's O after he gets a big fat raise. It will be electric.

Don't even joke about that.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:26 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Don't even joke about that.

He can joke about it. It's Salem's offense.

Until further notice.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:40 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

I know. It’s an old man yelling at clouds because it wasn’t done nearly as often when he played decades ago. It’s what happens now, and most recently, the players are joining the coaches with moving around.

Nothing worse than scorning a mans child or grandparents child. Do so at your own peril.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:48 pm

He might keep some, might oust some. I can see it might pay off to have a bridge to the past and someone that knows the team.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:27 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

WOTS is that he is actually giving it back to Warner, in part. He's also in talks with Dan Roushar to come back, and the two will be Co-OC's.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:06 pm

steveschneider wrote:

He might keep some, might oust some. I can see it might pay off to have a bridge to the past and someone that knows the team.

I wouldn't be shocked if he cleans house. I would.
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:12 pm

NigelUno wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Please.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:22 pm

Some of them might actually be good assistants.

Don't care.

Start fresh with the players.
Start fresh with the coaches.
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:41 pm

On the 2015 Alabama Coaching staff:

Nick Saban
Lane Kiffin (now HC Ole Miss)
Kirby Smart (now HC Georgia)
Mario Cristobal (now HC Oregon)
Mel Tucker (now HC MSU)
Billy Napier (now HC ULL)
Bobby Williams (now Assistant Oregon)
Burton Burns (now NY Giants RB Coach)
Tosh Lupoi (now DL Coach Falcons)

Someone run through the MSU 2015 staff for me, and where they are now.
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:11 pm

NigelUno wrote:On the 2015 Alabama Coaching staff:

Nick Saban
Mel Tucker (now HC MSU)

Home Depot?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:16 pm

NigelUno wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I wouldn't either and good with it if he does. I trust his judgement.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:18 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

OJ Simpson Weighs in.

I was wondering what guys who got away with murder felt about all of this.

Looks like he's happily retired after all that murdering and enjoying life on the golf course.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:23 pm

Nick Saban
Mel Tucker (now HC MSU)

Meh, Muddy Water's staff had the likes of Sherm Lewis, Ty Willingham, Charlie Baggett and Joe Pendry among others on his staff. It's usually the Jimmy and joes.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn on Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:54 pm

DWags wrote:

Nick Saban
Mel Tucker (now HC MSU)

Meh, Muddy Water's staff had the likes of Sherm Lewis, Ty Willingham, Charlie Baggett and Joe Pendry among others on his staff. It's usually the Jimmy and joes.

I saw Charlie at GP's deal. Dude looks like he could still play.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:03 pm

[tw]1228165096808927235[/tw]
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:06 pm

NigelUno wrote:[tw]1228165096808927235[/tw]

Go Green!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:27 pm

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh on Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:28 pm

Complete overhaul?!? Whoa should have seen that coming, he must think the cupboards are bare and if he watched the film from last season I can see why
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:34 pm

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 5 3493939353 Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 5 3434560931
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser on Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:38 pm

MattyFresh wrote:

Complete overhaul?!? Whoa should have seen that coming, he must think the cupboards are bare and if he watched the film from last season I can see why

We get to use that "left the cupboard bare" excuse for the first time in 13 years. cheers
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:40 pm

Holy Fuck we have a horrible fan base. Just read some comments on tob about the assistants. Bunch of spoiled fucking kids commenting over there.
A thank you for your time here and good luck in the future should be what most rational people say. Others are straight up rejoicing that the core of coaches that brought championships is gone. MT hasn't done shit yet and has only won 5 college games as a head coach. I'm interested to see what happens but we don't have much class.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser on Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:05 am

InTenSity wrote:Holy Fuck we have a horrible fan base. Just read some comments on tob about the assistants. Bunch of spoiled fucking kids commenting over there.
A thank you for your time here and good luck in the future should be what most rational people say. Others are straight up rejoicing that the core of coaches that brought championships is gone. MT hasn't done shit yet and has only won 5 college games as a head coach. I'm interested to see what happens but we don't have much class.

A handful of idiots on a message board don't make a fan base.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh on Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:43 am

Heat Miser wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Holy Fuck we have a horrible fan base. Just read some comments on tob about the assistants. Bunch of spoiled fucking kids commenting over there.

A handful of idiots on a message board don't make a fan base.

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 5 420617953
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:22 am

MattyFresh wrote:

Gotta wonder what MD thinks of that. Or if he even cares.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:20 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:

I doubt he cares beyond what any person would to see a friend lose their job, and in the coaching profession, that's a regular occurrence. MD came here and got rid of all but one assistant (and that one assistant, Enos, had worked under MD just a year or two prior), so he has done it too.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:27 am

it sucks for the assistants that were let go in mid-February. And I'm not even referring to that in a football sense. These guys have families and kids. Probably gonna get uprooted and moved to a town they probably have never been to, maybe never heard of. New schools, new friends, etc.

but, that's the name of the game when you're an assistant - you work, I assume, at the behest of the head coach. I'm sure they knew when Dantonio left that there was a good chance they'd be leaving as well.

I wish them and their families luck but, I admit, after the last seasons or two, I kinda like the idea of cleaning out the closet and starting fresh with Tucker's guys.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:42 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I doubt he cares beyond what any person would to see a friend lose their job, and in the coaching profession, that's a regular occurrence. MD came here and got rid of all but one assistant (and that one assistant, Enos, had worked under MD just a year or two prior), so he has done it too.

Yeah, sounds about right.

What Bob said, too.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:23 am

The writing was on the wall. He gave the offensive staff a heads up last year by making them take 1 year deals. None of them got the hint (and left).

I don't think it quite ended like Dantonio (or the assistants) thought it would play out.

Sucks for the families for sure.

A bunch of families will now have to uproot their lives to move to EL.

The Circle of (the Coaching) Life.
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:30 am

NigelUno wrote:The writing was on the wall. He gave the offensive staff a heads up last year by making them take 1 year deals. None of them got the hint (and left).

I don't think it quite ended like Dantonio (or the assistants) thought it would play out.

I do have kind of a hunch that he wanted to get his guy Fickell in here keep some of the staff intact.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:44 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:
NigelUno wrote:The writing was on the wall. He gave the offensive staff a heads up last year by making them take 1 year deals. None of them got the hint (and left).

I do have kind of a hunch that he wanted to get his guy Fickell in here keep some of the staff intact.

Fickell may have kept a few guys around. I'm beginning to think Dantonio didn't play a big part in Fickell being the next coach.
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:58 am

So what's the eta on seeing new staff hires?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:01 am

steveschneider wrote:So what's the eta on seeing new staff hires?

Cut everyone loose yesterday.

I'd guess by Monday we'll start hearing a few names.
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:06 am

NigelUno wrote:
steveschneider wrote:So what's the eta on seeing new staff hires?

What are the insiders saying? Is the BOT screwing things up?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:09 am

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

What are the insiders saying? Is the BOT screwing things up?

Calm down, steve, you're getting ahead of yourself. Just wait until it's in the freep.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum