Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker: Please post your first impressions here

+30
WhiteBoyHatcher
Heat Miser
duffy munn
AvgMSUJoe
Heathens '87
aualum06
Nordic
Jake from State Farm
Cameron
Travis of the Cosmos
Dendrobates
I.B. Fine
Rocinante
Watch Out Pylon!
Turtleneck
Floyd Robertson
NigelUno
InTenSity
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
MSU addict
CORNER BLITZ
kingstonlake
Wally Fairway
MiamiSpartan
MattyFresh
tGreenWay
GRR Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
34 posters

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 6 Empty Re: Mel Tucker the Skullfucker: Please post your first impressions here

Post by NigelUno 14/02/20, 10:11 am

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Cut everyone loose yesterday.

I'd guess by Monday we'll start hearing a few names.

What are the insiders saying? Is the BOT screwing things up?

I don't think the BoT gets to approve assistant coaches.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 6 Empty Re: Mel Tucker the Skullfucker: Please post your first impressions here

Post by MiamiSpartan 14/02/20, 10:43 am

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Cut everyone loose yesterday.

I'd guess by Monday we'll start hearing a few names.

What are the insiders saying? Is the BOT screwing things up?
We should only believe what the University puts out in official statements or official briefings.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 14/02/20, 10:44 am

lol!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 14/02/20, 11:04 am

Found a hot take based on some insider info lol.

https://twitter.com/2sassy4thislife/status/1228079635675652097?s=21
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 14/02/20, 12:08 pm

Who the fuck is that. I think I like her.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 14/02/20, 12:59 pm

steveschneider wrote:Found a hot take based on some insider info lol.

I know it’s third hand insider info, but that sure makes a helluva lot more sense than shocking everyone and quitting 24 hours before the NSD because your daughter is pregnant with your first grandchild. That never felt right with me. Quitting because he was pissed makes a lot more sense. Lots more.
In the end, it doesn’t matter. MD can be with his family after a mostly very positive 13 years here, and Spartan football begins a new chapter.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 14/02/20, 02:18 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

I know it’s third hand insider info, but that sure makes a helluva lot more sense than shocking everyone and quitting 24 hours before the NSD because your daughter is pregnant with your first grandchild. That never felt right with me. Quitting because he was pissed makes a lot more sense. Lots more.
In the end, it doesn’t matter. MD can be with his family after a mostly very positive 13 years here, and Spartan football begins a new chapter.

Top notch manipulation if true. Goad him into quitting so you don't have to fire the winningest coach in school history & pay out the remainder of his contract. I don't know if Beekman's a buffoon or a genius.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 14/02/20, 02:41 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Top notch manipulation if true. Goad him into quitting so you don't have to fire the winningest coach in school history & pay out the remainder of his contract. I don't know if Beekman's a buffoon or a genius.

If Tucker does well, Beekman will look like a genius. If he doesn't, Beekman will get fired.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 14/02/20, 02:49 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

I doubt it's that malicious or planned. Beekman may have requested he do something about the assistants... but D wouldn't "bow" to newbie AD pressure alone.

I would venture to guess, it's exactly what he said. The avalanche of shit you have to deal with (including possibly Beekman) just got overwhelming. Legal issues alone would be overbearing... then begging 17 year olds to like you MUST be wearing on a person. Attempting to re-invent yourself at 64.

Hell, I need a nap after just thinking about the shit he dealt with on any given day.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 14/02/20, 02:59 pm

Let’s not forget that Dantonio gave us the best decade of modern spartan football history.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 14/02/20, 03:09 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I doubt it's that malicious or planned. Beekman may have requested he do something about the assistants... but D wouldn't "bow" to newbie AD pressure alone.

I would venture to guess, it's exactly what he said. The avalanche of shit you have to deal with (including possibly Beekman) just got overwhelming. Legal issues alone would be overbearing... then begging 17 year olds to like you MUST be wearing on a person. Attempting to re-invent yourself at 64.

Hell, I need a nap after just thinking about the shit he dealt with on any given day.

The lawsuit would’ve drained me completely. The type of civil litigator repping CB would annoy me to no end. Finding out he’s already been sanctioned doesn’t surprise me. IMO, he seems sleazy AF.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 14/02/20, 03:11 pm

Rocinante wrote:Let’s not forget that Dantonio gave us the best decade of modern spartan football history.

I mentioned it. I did. Right here. Me. Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 6 328670334
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 14/02/20, 03:44 pm

Rocinante wrote:Let’s not forget that Dantonio gave us the best decade of modern spartan football history.

This.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 14/02/20, 03:58 pm

Those tools in this ladies twitter sound like he was Bobby or something, sheesh...

(prolly millennial idiots)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 14/02/20, 03:58 pm

Very true. Gotta say it was weird that MD wasn’t at the presser. I know he was on vacation but seemed odd.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 14/02/20, 04:06 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Those tools in this ladies twitter sound like he was Bobby or something, sheesh...

(prolly millennial idiots)

Duffy won a Natty & peeps were eager to boot him out the door at the end. That's the way it goes.

Also, going from CFP to nearly the worst O in college football in 3 short years doesn't help. Then not firing anybody over it really doesn't help. Then following it with an even worse offense...and still not firing anybody.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 14/02/20, 04:08 pm

Remember that one time we lost to Oregon 7-6? That sucked.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 14/02/20, 04:11 pm

kingstonlake wrote:

Very true. Gotta say it was weird that MD wasn’t at the presser. I know he was on vacation but seemed odd.

Didn't seem odd to me. Would have been awkward if he was there.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 14/02/20, 04:26 pm

[tw]1227791954328637442[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 14/02/20, 04:29 pm

NigelUno wrote:[tw]1227791954328637442[/tw]

WTF?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 14/02/20, 04:43 pm

NigelUno wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Awkward?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 14/02/20, 04:51 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Didn't seem odd to me.  Would have been awkward if he was there.  

Awkward?

As awkward as his halftime retirement speech at the basketball game? That shit was terrible.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 14/02/20, 05:04 pm

This thread blows
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 14/02/20, 05:10 pm

kingstonlake wrote:

You really have it out for MD.

If he goes to the press conference, he is making it, at least in large part, about him. It also looks like a handpicked successor. And it gives the impression that he is going to be looking over Tucker's shoulder. None of those things are MD's style.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 14/02/20, 05:13 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Awkward?

Did I spell it wrong?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 14/02/20, 05:14 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

If he goes to the press conference, he is making it, at least in large part, about him. It also looks like a handpicked successor. And it gives the impression that he is going to be looking over Tucker's shoulder. None of those things are MD's style.

And it would have been a circus with the media there.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 14/02/20, 05:17 pm

I don’t know, I’ve fired a few coaches in my life, also fired employees, some have left. I just never thought much positive energy was produced by sitting around talking about their bad qualities. So, yeah, just move on. We got a good guy here.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 14/02/20, 05:32 pm

I don’t get the NFL tweet. Somebody enlighten me.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 14/02/20, 05:33 pm

Rocinante wrote:I don’t get the NFL tweet.  Somebody enlighten me.

according to that scout dantonio and co. only allowed scouts to watch the players stretch(i'd imagine then being asked to leave) - which is beyond me why they would do that, you'd think the players would want them there but i don't know dick
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 14/02/20, 05:37 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Awkward?

As awkward as his halftime retirement speech at the basketball game? That shit was terrible.

That was a little odd.  No one introduced him.  He just picked up the mic and walked out there.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 14/02/20, 05:38 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

He was the best coach I’ve ever seen at MSU, so no. Relax. Man there’s a lot of hurts butts around here lately. He brought some very big moments to the program. Some nice words to public about his successor would be pretty cool. Kind of a next man up type thing. Would have been cool in my opinion. I doubt Tucker would have been offended in the least bit.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 14/02/20, 06:41 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

He was the best coach I’ve ever seen at MSU, so no. Relax. Man there’s a lot of hurts butts around here lately. He brought some very big moments to the program. Some nice words to public about his successor would be pretty cool. Kind of a next man up type thing. Would have been cool in my opinion. I doubt Tucker would have been offended in the least bit.

Ok. You seem harsher than most in your criticisms the last few weeks, which, of course, are opinions you're welcome to have. Just an observation.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 14/02/20, 07:03 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Ok. You seem harsher than most in your criticisms the last few weeks, which, of course, are opinions you're welcome to have. Just an observation.

Fair enough. Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 6 969504605
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 14/02/20, 08:00 pm

NigelUno wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

That was a little odd.  No one introduced him.  He just picked up the mic and walked out there.
Didn't the PA announcer give him a big intro?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 15/02/20, 06:26 pm

Everytime I see a picture of max tucker (I’m going to call him max because I think his name should be max) he’s pointing at the person he’s taking the picture with. What’s with the points? Does he not know what else to do with his hands? If he doesn’t know what to do with his hands does he also not know what to do with a lead up by 5 with two minutes left on defense?

[tw]1228789799454154752[/tw]
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 15/02/20, 07:18 pm

Screen shot cause it’s been deleted

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 6 575a1710

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 15/02/20, 07:24 pm

Let him and bullough go. Either you’re in for a new era or stuck in 7-6 land
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 15/02/20, 07:27 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Let him and bullough go. Either you’re in for a new era or stuck in 7-6 land

I have no idea if Chuck is a good coach or not, but maybe he's one of those guys you keep for 1 year for a little continuity.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 15/02/20, 07:28 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Let him and bullough go. Either you’re in for a new era or stuck in 7-6 land

Because I’m a father I tend to let those emotional outbursts go and see what’s up when the kid can chill for a bit. I still have the picture when the kid packed her suitcase and wanted to leave us cause we weren’t like grandpa. We let her walk out. She was five. Made it to the end of the block.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 17/02/20, 12:18 pm

https://spartanswire.usatoday.com/2020/02/16/msu-football-recruit-rb-jordon-simmons-officially-signs-with-michigan-state/

RB out of Georgia makes it official today
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next