Mel Tucker the Skullfucker: Please post your first impressions here

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 3 Empty Re: Mel Tucker the Skullfucker: Please post your first impressions here

Post by steveschneider on Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:32 pm

Ready to run through a wall.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 3 Empty Re: Mel Tucker the Skullfucker: Please post your first impressions here

Post by NigelUno on Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:32 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Same here. I just can’t buy into this hype right now.

The reasons I’m not more excited are:
•I don’t know who this guy is...

Suspect

http://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t21574-shenanigans-on-wikipedia-regarding-our-new-fb-coach
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine on Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:35 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
•Nassar fallout malaise

No one cares what you put on your sandwich...
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:35 pm

NigelUno wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

•I don’t know who this guy is...

Suspect

http://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t21574-shenanigans-on-wikipedia-regarding-our-new-fb-coach

Big difference between reading up on a guy and having seen him coaching or being interviewed on tv. Big difference.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:36 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:
•Nassar fallout malaise

Never been a fan of malaise, which is why I said I wasn’t more excited. Gimme Michigan Mayonaise, aka Miracle Whip, every single time.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:38 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Same here. I just can’t buy into this hype right now.

•I don’t know who this guy is
•Dantonio let all of the air out of the program
•Next season isn’t going to be good
•Nassar fallout malaise

The Nassar tragedy was d wags biggest concern re MSU stepping back from emphasizing athletics but it seems we are doing the opposite and joining the arms race even moreso. D wags are ya with me!
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine on Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:41 pm

Here's a little info for you doubters from a different perspective.
Mel Tucker once locked down Ohio recruiting for Ohio State; now new Michigan State coach will battle Buckeyes
Nice quote:
“And I was able to stay in that Nick Saban-Bill Belichick tree and philosophy of coaching football and coaching details in particular.”

Last edited by I.B. Fine on Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:42 pm

I like him. I think he will do football good and maybe do other things good too. He is my muse. My inspiration. I only want good things for his future and for it to include happiness and family in the way God intended
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict on Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:44 pm

I am not pumped, I am not apathetic.  I would say I am happy.

I have been around long enough to know that hiring a coach is like watching the NFL draft, or following college recruiting.  No one person is perfect.  No one person is going to solve all of your problems.  In the end, you make a choice based on the talent available, and you hope for the best.

This choice checks most of the boxes on the list of what you look for.  I am happy about that.

The search is over.  I am happy about that.

However it ended up shaking out, the BOT and our AD stepped up and got the job done.  I am happy about that - and they should be commended.

Our BOT has made a commitment and given the program the financial resources to compete with the big boys.  As a fan, I am happy about that.

To me it seems senseless to worry how MSU will do next year, if Tucker he will leave for another job, whatever.  The majority of things we worry about never come to pass.  Most of what does happen, we have no control over.  Yet we let these things impact our happiness and in essence our lives.

Today I am just going to stay in the moment and be happy about it.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:45 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:Here's a little info for you doubters from a different perspective.
Mel Tucker once locked down Ohio recruiting for Ohio State; now new Michigan State coach will battle BuckeyesBearcats
Nice quote:
“And I was able to stay in that Nick Saban-Bill Belichick tree and philosophy of coaching football and coaching details in particular.”

I fixed that headline for them.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:46 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I like him. I think he will do football good and maybe do other things good too. He is my muse. My inspiration. I only want good things for his future and for it to include happiness and family in the way God intended

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:48 pm

MSU addict wrote:I am not pumped, I am not apathetic.  I would say I am happy.

I have been around long enough to know that hiring a coach is like watching the NFL draft, or following college recruiting.  No one person is perfect.  No one person is going to solve all of your problems.  In the end, you make a choice based on the talent available, and you hope for the best.

This choice checks most of the boxes on the list of what you look for.  I am happy about that.

However it ended up shaking out, the BOT and our AD stepped up and got the job done.  I am happy about that - and they should be commended.

Our BOT has made a commitment and given the program the financial resources to compete with the big boys.  As a fan, I am happy about that.

To me it seems senseless to worry how MSU will do next year, if Tucker he will leave for another job, whatever.  The majority of things we worry about never come to pass.  Most of what does happen, we have no control over.  Yet we let these things impact our happiness and in essence our lives.

He's being paid very well. I would guess his MSU contract will have a bigger buyout than his Colorado contract did. Whether he leaves early isn't on my list of concerns.
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:53 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I like him. I think he will do football good and maybe do other things good too. He is my muse. My inspiration. I only want good things for his future and for it to include happiness and family in the way God intended

I’m sure when the two of you meet, he’ll like you, too.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:54 pm

MSU addict wrote:I am not pumped, I am not apathetic.  I would say I am happy.

Get out of here with that shit, you smelly hippie.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:02 pm

A lot of people wanted a coaching change.
Most people wanted new assistants.
Most people wanted us to spend more on new assistants.
Check. Check. Check.

The HC is from Ohio, played in the Big Ten, worked for Saban, worked at OSU, has worked at other big time college programs, has experience recruiting in the South...

Am I missing anything?

I'm not seeing a lot of hype. I'm seeing a good solid Head Coach with a financial commitment that most of us thought was never going to happen.

These are all good things. You want to be cautious? OK. But the 'meh' attitude some of you have is puzzling.
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:10 pm

NigelUno wrote:A lot of people wanted a coaching change.
Check. Check. Check.

The HC is from Ohio, played in the Big Ten, worked for Saban, worked at OSU, has worked at other big time college programs, has experience recruiting in the South...

Am I missing anything?

I'm not seeing a lot of hype. I'm seeing a good solid Head Coach with a financial commitment that most of us thought was never going to happen.

These are all good things. You want to be cautious? OK. But the 'meh' attitude some of you have is puzzling.

Is it?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:13 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

Never been a fan of malaise, which is why I said I wasn’t more excited. Gimme Michigan Mayonaise, aka Miracle Whip, every single time.

Miracle Whip is fucking gross.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:15 pm

Cameron wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

#teamcameron
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:18 pm

FTr, I don't think I've ever been associated with a group of A.D.D'ing mother fuckers in the world. This was a New Football coach thread, but page 3 it's about sandwich condiments. WTF.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:18 pm

DWags wrote:FTr, I don't think I've ever been associated with a group of A.D.D'ing mother fuckers in the world. This was a New Football coach thread, but page 3 it's about sandwich condiments. WTF.

Multi-tasking, dammit.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:20 pm

We’re fun loving socially awkward easily distracted idiots. None of us have ever disputed this.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:23 pm

I don’t mind ketchup on a hot dog. Let’s put it this way, hypothetically if I’m having two (2) hot dogs, I might put just mustard on one and ketchup and mustard on the other at about a 70/30 mustard to ketchup ratio. Now, if my host has done their work and there’s sauerkraut involved, then I’m skipping straight past the ketchup. For sure just mustard and sauerkraut.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm on Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:38 pm

Is it too soon to start a Skullfuck Northwestern in the season opener thread?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine on Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:44 pm

Cameron wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Of course it is....Consider the source, the last person you'd take culinary (or football) advice from. Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 3 294152859
#teamcameron
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:55 pm

Check. Check. Check.

Am I missing anything?

Celebrating at a level you deem satisfactory isn’t exactly a goal for most Swillers.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:57 pm

Now if Beekman gets beer in the Breslin and Spartan Stadium then he's the best AD of my life time.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine on Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:58 pm

steveschneider wrote:Now if Beekman gets beer in the Breslin and Spartan Stadium then he's the best AD of my life time.
Hell, just relax tailgating rules...Don't get greedy
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:03 pm

steveschneider wrote:Now if Beekman gets beer in the Breslin and Spartan Stadium then he's the best AD of my life time.

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 3 3434560931 Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 3 3434560931 Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 3 3434560931
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:04 pm

Rocinante wrote:We’re fun loving socially awkward easily distracted idiots. None of us have ever disputed this.

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 3 1486952199
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:05 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:
Hell, just relax tailgating rules...Don't get greedy

We upped pay, going to need a new revenue stream. I think it's time to build that party deck.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:06 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Of course it is....Consider the source, the last person you'd take culinary (or football) advice from. Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 3 294152859
#teamcameron

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 3 502811600 I know I’m in the wee minority with that opinion. Can’t help it. Love the stuff. Regular mayo is bland.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:09 pm

Just for giggles: Would you rather have beer sold at games or brick the stadium exterior. It’s a Sophie’s Choice, either/or question.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:12 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:[tw]1227689688003158016[/tw]
Saban loves this guy. He's hired him at 3 different stops. Who else can say that? I don't know, maybe others. But Saban has to think pretty highly of a guy to keep hiring him.

Ok, fine, yes, there was Bobby. But Saban hired Bobby at 4 different spot, not 3. So it's really not the same, is it?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:22 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Check.  Check.  Check.

Am I missing anything?

I'm not seeing a lot of hype.  I'm seeing a good solid Head Coach with a financial commitment that most of us thought was never going to happen.

These are all good things.  You want to be cautious?  OK.  But the 'meh' attitude some of you have is puzzling.  

Celebrating at a level you deem satisfactory isn’t exactly a goal for most Swillers.

"Celebrating".

Good one.

You should claim you don't even know who he is again, and then go back and re-read the the Wiki thread you started and the Denver newspaper article you posted to refresh your memory a bit.

Or just comment on the possibility that the University seems to be making a bigger financial commitment to the program.

Or maybe the status quo was good. Meh.
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:24 pm

NigelUno wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

"Celebrating".

Good one.

You should claim you don't even know who he is again, and then go back and re-read the the Wiki thread you started and the Denver newspaper article you posted to refresh your memory a bit.

Or just comment on the possibility that the University seems to be making a bigger financial commitment to the program.

Or maybe the status quo was good. Meh.

Get back on your meds, cuz you’re starting to act like yourself again.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh on Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:26 pm

Jake from State Farm wrote:Is it too soon to start a Skullfuck Northwestern in the season opener thread?

TUCK SKULLFUCKS NORTHWESTERN!!!!!
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:28 pm

Been in da Pit all day. How we liking the Tucker Swillers?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh on Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:29 pm

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 3 Tuck_s10
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:30 pm

Nordic wrote:Been in da Pit all day. How we liking the Tucker Swillers?

Apparently, we’re not enthusiastic enough to satisfy one of the outsiders from TOB.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:36 pm

Nordic wrote:Been in da Pit all day. How we liking the Tucker Swillers?

Who? - tGreenWay
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum