Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BTN going to carry the introductory presser at 6:30

+6
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
Other Teams Pursuing That
Floyd Robertson
kingstonlake
10 posters

Go down

BTN going to carry the introductory presser at 6:30 Empty BTN going to carry the introductory presser at 6:30

Post by kingstonlake 2020-02-12, 14:12

B1G prepare to be TRUCKED!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

BTN going to carry the introductory presser at 6:30 Empty Re: BTN going to carry the introductory presser at 6:30

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-02-12, 14:19

BTN going to carry the introductory presser at 6:30 Keep-on-truckin
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

BTN going to carry the introductory presser at 6:30 Empty Re: BTN going to carry the introductory presser at 6:30

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-02-12, 14:19

LETS GO
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-12, 14:23

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:LETS GO

Your profile pic needs to go.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-02-12, 18:57

I’m all in. This guy will succeed.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-02-12, 19:00

Loved Antjuan talking about the team meeting today.. "that was intense"...BTN going to carry the introductory presser at 6:30 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-02-12, 19:01

NigelUno wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:LETS GO

About time you got off dantonio’s nuts.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-02-12, 19:01

kingstonlake wrote:I’m all in. This guy will succeed.

INTENSE
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-02-12, 19:04

Friendly Q&A BTN going to carry the introductory presser at 6:30 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-02-12, 19:26

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Friendly Q&A BTN going to carry the introductory presser at 6:30 502811600
Yo Mel, last week you were all about Colorado, yesterday you left them like a sit in a bag, wanna walk us through your thoughts on why you would betray a beautiful university like that to come to...wherever we are now?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-12, 19:40

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

About time you got off dantonio’s nuts.

About time you get off Bielema's.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-13, 09:31

Was Comp the only reporter to identify himself before he asked a question?

"Jim Comparoni. SpartanMag.com."

BTN going to carry the introductory presser at 6:30 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-02-13, 09:38

NigelUno wrote:Was Comp the only reporter to identify himself before he asked a question?

It seems to me it would SOP to identify yourself in the 1st press conference of a new coach.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-13, 09:52

Floyd Robertson wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Was Comp the only reporter to identify himself before he asked a question?

It seems to me it would SOP to identify yourself in the 1st press conference of a new coach.

I don't disagree. Maybe they all did, and I just didn't hear it.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-02-13, 10:03

Watched the whole presser. Comp was the only one. I recognized other voices like Ebbling.

Some of those attending probably weren’t excited about identifying themselves to everyone there.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-02-13, 10:39

Who was the numbnuts that went down the race road? They said that MSU "broke the color barrier" in college football, and asked what it was like coming here after that transpired 60 years ago.

Ok, while that sounds good and everything (and on some level we should appreciate inaccurate reporting that makes us look good for a change), it was wholly inaccurate on just about every level.
From saying that MSU "broke" the color barrier, to the fact that there wasn't even a color barrier to break (not in Northern schools), to the fact that even if there was, and MSU broke it, then we broke it well over 100 years ago.

Just because we famously built a dominant team with some key black players from the SOUTH that were not allowed to attend/play at SOUTHERN schools, doesn't mean that we were the first to have black players, or that that was the first time we (or anyone else) had black players.

Of course we've been one of the leaders in diversity in the athletic department and the University as a whole, but it goes back LONG before the 60s (Gideon Smith, if not earlier), and there is no definitive Branch Rickey/Jackie Robinson moment in college or pro football where things suddenly changed.

I don't know, maybe I'm yelling at clouds, it is just a pet peeve of mine when history is so badly misrepresented.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-02-13, 10:43

MiamiSpartan wrote:Who was the numbnuts that went down the race road? They said that MSU "broke the color barrier" in college football, and asked what it was like coming here after that transpired 60 years ago.

Ok, while that sounds good and everything (and on some level we should appreciate inaccurate reporting that makes us look good for a change), it was wholly inaccurate on just about every level.
From saying that MSU "broke" the color barrier, to the fact that there wasn't even a color barrier to break (not in Northern schools), to the fact that even if there was, and MSU broke it, then we broke it well over 100 years ago.

Just because we famously built a dominant team with some key black players from the SOUTH that were not allowed to attend/play at SOUTHERN schools, doesn't mean that we were the first to have black players, or that that was the first time we (or anyone else) had black players.

Of course we've been one of the leaders in diversity in the athletic department and the University as a whole, but it goes back LONG before the 60s (Gideon Smith, if not earlier), and there is no definitive Branch Rickey/Jackie Robinson moment in college or pro football where things suddenly changed.

I don't know, maybe I'm yelling at clouds, it is just a pet peeve of mine when history is so badly misrepresented.

I don't know enough but other northern teams at the time but to take from Couch's 3 Quick Takes article there's something like 12 or 13 schools that have an African American Coach out of 130 programs. Also, Tucker becomes one of the highest paid African American coaches. I think that's a pretty good thing.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-02-13, 11:08

It was Hondo
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-02-13, 12:57

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:Who was the numbnuts that went down the race road? They said that MSU "broke the color barrier" in college football, and asked what it was like coming here after that transpired 60 years ago.

I don't know enough but other northern teams at the time but to take from Couch's 3 Quick Takes article there's something like 12 or 13 schools that have an African American Coach out of 130 programs. Also, Tucker becomes one of the highest paid African American coaches. I think that's a pretty good thing.
It is a good thing. I hope my post didn't come across as anything to the contrary. Just commenting on the reporter being clueless in his set up to the question.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down