Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Really sounds like the lions want to Trade Stafford. Take Tua.

+3
aualum06
MattyFresh
DWags
7 posters

Go down

Really sounds like the lions want to Trade Stafford.  Take Tua.   Empty Really sounds like the lions want to Trade Stafford. Take Tua.

Post by DWags 2020-02-13, 03:11

I honestly think they need to just go all in on that. Build a winner around Tua a bunch of picks for Stafford and the ones they have now.

WDIV reporting lions looking hard to trade him. Sorry no link
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Really sounds like the lions want to Trade Stafford.  Take Tua.   Empty Re: Really sounds like the lions want to Trade Stafford. Take Tua.

Post by MattyFresh 2020-02-13, 04:21

Not even a twitt post?
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Really sounds like the lions want to Trade Stafford.  Take Tua.   Empty Re: Really sounds like the lions want to Trade Stafford. Take Tua.

Post by DWags 2020-02-13, 04:31

[tw]1227831378298970112?s=21[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2020-02-13, 04:36

Really sounds like the lions want to Trade Stafford.  Take Tua.   1550444538
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2020-02-13, 07:03

That would be dumb
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-13, 07:26

aualum06 wrote:That would be dumb

As opposed to what they’ve been doing for the past 60 years?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-13, 07:54

aualum06 wrote:That would be dumb

That was my initial thought. He's not the problem with the Lions. Not sure I'm sold on Tua either (big risk with his injury).

But, if they've decided to opt out of his contract after 2020 (or not bother with renegotiating it) and they can get some picks for him...might as well move on now.

I don't see a team coughing up a #1, unless the Cowboys or Chargers think he's the missing piece.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-02-13, 08:00

I have an alt take. I think it’s dumb but I’m
Happy for Stafford that he could get out of Detroit. I hope he’s an instant winner and home town hereo wherever he goes. Also, this could be the most humane thing the lions have done. Should have done it for Calvin and Berry.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-02-13, 08:01

In other words, hey dolphins you have to trade up to number 2 so we can take chase young because we’re tooooooootally gonna trade stafford and take tua ourselves so you better do it now
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-13, 08:06

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:In other words, hey dolphins you have to trade up to number 2 so we can take chase young because we’re tooooooootally gonna trade stafford and take tua ourselves so you better do it now

Great. Now you ruined it.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-13, 08:20

Quinn comes out and says the rumors are full of shit.

100% false
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-13, 08:26

Here is my thought, Maybe the lions for once have the NFL completely baffled. Maybe they have a plan and the leak is part of it. Maybe they're the same old lions and the leak is true and they didn't want it out. Maybe they're just the lions and they're very comfortable with the status quo and making millions of dollars a year.

But, to Travis point, I do't know how you would be able to contact one team "quietly" in the NFL. If you ask the Raiders or a team that needs a QB like Stafford to maybe get them to the promised land, does that contact only stay between you and Gruden?

I think the only thing that would make me think "same ol lions" is if they take the CB out of OSU at 3 and think that a CB is going to be a franchise changer.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-02-13, 08:36

Pretty generous of the Lions to help Staffords career by trading him. But not really nice of them to ruin Tua’s career before it even starts.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-02-13, 08:40

kingstonlake wrote:Pretty generous of the Lions to help Staffords career by trading him. But not really nice of them to ruin Tua’s career before it even starts.

Tua should refuse to sign with them.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-13, 08:48

steveschneider wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Pretty generous of the Lions to help Staffords career by trading him. But not really nice of them to ruin Tua’s career before it even starts.

Tua should refuse to sign with them.

Sounds like he might. He could sit out a year too.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2020-02-13, 15:52

It's an extra 11 million of cap space to trade him
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-02-14, 08:23

DWags wrote:Here is my thought, Maybe the lions for once have the NFL completely baffled.  Maybe they have a plan and the leak is part of it.  Maybe they're the same old lions and the leak is true and they didn't want it out.   Maybe they're just the lions and they're very comfortable with the status quo and making millions of dollars a year.  

But, to Travis point, I do't know how you would be able to contact one team "quietly" in the NFL.  If you ask the Raiders  or a team that needs a QB like Stafford to maybe get them to the promised land, does that contact only stay between you and Gruden?  

I think the only thing that would make me think "same ol lions" is if they take the CB out of OSU at 3 and think that a CB is going to be a franchise changer.  

Which they did.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down