Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please, please, please let this happen - Bert to Buffs

+8
Watch Out Pylon!
tGreenWay
NigelUno
steveschneider
Other Teams Pursuing That
GRR Spartan
I.B. Fine
Wally Fairway
12 posters

Go down

Please, please, please let this happen - Bert to Buffs Empty Please, please, please let this happen - Bert to Buffs

Post by Wally Fairway 2020-02-17, 12:19

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1229453757232099328

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
#Giants OLBs coach and senior defensive assistant Bret Bielema is interviewing for the head coaching job at the University of Colorado, sources say. The former Wisconsin and Arkansas coach could be back in college. wrote:
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Please, please, please let this happen - Bert to Buffs Empty Re: Please, please, please let this happen - Bert to Buffs

Post by I.B. Fine 2020-02-17, 13:30

I'm sure Bret would be interested in eating a Buffalo, but coaching them?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Please, please, please let this happen - Bert to Buffs Empty Re: Please, please, please let this happen - Bert to Buffs

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-02-17, 13:51

I don’t get the derision Beilema is subjected to by MSU fans.

He recruited well at Wisconsin to win championships and get to the Rose Bowl. He left because he saw the Wisconsin coaching pool budget was hurting him losing assistants and Wisconsin admissions closed the door on some recruits that could get into the rest of the Big Ten except Northwestern.

He was a Yankee in the SEC West having Alabama, Auburn, LSU and TAMU in the same division going after the same recruits and he couldn’t get things better. His salary implied winning. That didn’t happen.

If Colorado would hire 50 year old Beilema, I think he could do okay in the PAC12. He worked for the Patriots for 2 season, currently with the NY Giants.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-02-17, 14:54

Would be a solid hire! Championship pedigree.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-02-17, 15:05

IMO the ad's from the two schools need to schedule a home and away football game. Would be great TV.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-20, 18:23

Sources: Steve Sarkisian withdraws from Colorado consideration, staying at Alabama
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-20, 19:48

GRR Spartan wrote:I don’t get the derision Beilema is subjected to by MSU fans.

He recruited well at Wisconsin to win championships and get to the Rose Bowl. He left because he saw the Wisconsin coaching pool budget was hurting him losing assistants and Wisconsin admissions closed the door on some recruits that could get into the rest of the Big Ten except Northwestern.

He was a Yankee in the SEC West having Alabama, Auburn, LSU and TAMU in the same division going after the same recruits and he couldn’t get things better. His salary implied winning. That didn’t happen.

If Colorado would hire 50 year old Beilema, I think he could do okay in the PAC12. He worked for the Patriots for 2 season, currently with the NY Giants.

Good recruiter, but def not the best in-game coach. Enjoyed the benefit of being in the B1G West. Dismissive of MSU wins over his team(s), and lastly, the guy is a seemingly prideless slob. Not a good image to project if he’s fronting your university. It’s been a few years, but his wife is probably still pretty good looking, but lacks the class MSU fans would desire in the First Lady of MSU football. But mostly, the guy is a slob. I’d’ve hated it if he’d been named HC.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-02-20, 20:12

For brevity's sake, dude is a piece of shit.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-20, 20:33

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:For brevity's sake, dude is a piece of shit.

Yeah, but Steve has been demanding sources lately, and I extended that out to include giving examples for personal statements and observations.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-02-20, 22:50

lol!
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-20, 23:30

Please, please, please let this happen - Bert to Buffs 502811600

Lock it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-02-21, 07:52

Bert's chances are improving.

[tw]1230728872540270593[/tw]

Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-02-21, 10:09

tGreenWay wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:I don’t get the derision Beilema is subjected to by MSU fans.

but his wife is probably still pretty good looking, but lacks the class MSU fans would desire in the First Lady of MSU football.

Speaking of class, after reading this sentence, I'm pretty sure you don't have any.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-21, 10:29

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

but his wife is probably still pretty good looking, but lacks the class MSU fans would desire in the First Lady of MSU football.

Speaking of class, after reading this sentence, I'm pretty sure you don't have any.

Welp, guess I’ll never be the First Lady of MSU football, either. Please, please, please let this happen - Bert to Buffs 2599972566
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-21, 10:34

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Welp, guess I’ll never be the First Lady of MSU football, either. Please, please, please let this happen - Bert to Buffs 2599972566

You can be the first lady of tSwill if you want. Dendro will not mind one bit I'm guessing.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-21, 10:37

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

You can be the first lady of tSwill if you want. Dendro will not mind one bit I'm guessing.

It’s a modest start, but I’ll take it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-02-22, 20:19

[tw]1231340590815760385[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-22, 20:28

Chris Fowler is gonna hate MSU.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-22, 22:09

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-02-23, 12:02

Think Beilema’s best chance to be a college HC will be n the MAC. Ohio hired Soliich when he was 60. CMU hired McElwain when he was 57.

Beilema is 50 and his SEC HC record coaching was 11-29 while his 7 year Big Ten record was 37-19 and his best seasons were in years 5, 6 and 7.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down