Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus - The Political Side

+24
The Pantry
Other Teams Pursuing That
MiamiSpartan
Three_Putt_Par
Tim Wakefield
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
Jake from State Farm
Cameron
AvgMSUJoe
kingstonlake
MattyFresh
msugolfguy
GRR Spartan
InTenSity
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
Rocinante
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
Nordic
28 posters

Page 10 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 25  Next

Go down

Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 10 Empty Re: Coronavirus - The Political Side

Post by steveschneider 2020-03-23, 08:16

I had a realization that waiting around for federal government to get its act together is futile. This has the all too familiar feel of Flint water crisis and Katrina. Part of me was hoping it would be different but I’ve accepted this is what it is. I expect the same inaction, gas lighting and bailouts for the wealthy. Sad shit but it is what it is. Sigh.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 10 Empty Re: Coronavirus - The Political Side

Post by steveschneider 2020-03-23, 08:19

The Pantry wrote:Why are Pelosi and the dems delaying an aid package?

The bill is a corporate bailout and would give Trump control over $500billion. Do you trust him to do the right thing? Oh wait I forgot who I’m talking to.

https://twitter.com/theplumlinegs/status/1241798822877114377?s=21
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-03-23, 09:10

Typical dem foot dragging. On the bright side, at least Hillary isn't in office.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-23, 09:11

saw that our christian leader was mocking the fact that Mitt Romney is in social isolation/self-quarantine.

I'm sure the christian pro-life MAGA patriots just loved that one..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-23, 09:12

steveschneider wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Why are Pelosi and the dems delaying an aid package?

The bill is a corporate bailout and would give Trump control over $500billion. Do you trust him to do the right thing? Oh wait I forgot who I’m talking to.

https://twitter.com/theplumlinegs/status/1241798822877114377?s=21
disgusting, pathetic republicans who have no value for life will be disgusting, pathetic republicans who have no value for life.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-03-23, 09:22

The Pantry wrote:Typical dem foot dragging.  On the bright side, at least Hillary isn't in office.

Yeah, who has the need for an actual pandemic response team made up of medical and science professionals when you can make your own up on the fly with corporate welfare queens who spend their day lying to you while behind the scenes they're negotiating To maximize their profits while putting together bailouts packages.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-03-23, 09:24

The Pantry wrote:Typical dem foot dragging.  On the bright side, at least Hillary isn't in office.

This is what happens when you refuse to actually read.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-03-23, 09:36

Turtleneck wrote:

You guys are what happens when there is failure to comprehend.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-03-23, 09:45

The Pantry wrote:Typical dem foot dragging. On the bright side, at least Hillary isn't in office.

Hillary andb he drives a prius are all you got. Sell us on the bill. What do you like about it? What kind of programs are in it that will help American people that need cash right now?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-03-23, 09:50

The Pantry wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

You guys are what happens when there is failure to comprehend.

No, I comprehend because I do the work citizens are obligated to do. I’m not a informational free rider like
you. I anxiously await your nonsense response.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-03-23, 10:22

You guys are thick as bricks politicizing a national emergency. All you seem to care about, still seething after Hillary lost 3+ years ago with no viable candidate for 2020.

Let it go.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-03-23, 10:34

The Pantry wrote:You guys are thick as bricks politicizing a national emergency. All you seem to care about, still seething after Hillary lost 3+ years ago with no viable candidate for 2020.

Let it go.

Sell us on the bill. Why should we like it, how does it help, what good will it do? Quit the childish attacks and discuss.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-03-23, 10:44

The Pantry wrote:You guys are thick as bricks politicizing a national emergency.  All you seem to care about, still seething after Hillary lost 3+ years ago with no viable candidate for 2020.

Let it go.

You're the only one mentioning Hillary Clinton, Pantry. Nor did anybody here assert the danger of this virus was a political hoax. Now, discuss the merits of the bill if you can.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-03-23, 10:59

Turtleneck wrote:
The Pantry wrote:You guys are thick as bricks politicizing a national emergency.  All you seem to care about, still seething after Hillary lost 3+ years ago with no viable candidate for 2020.

Let it go.

You're the only one mentioning Hillary Clinton, Pantry. Nor did anybody here assert the danger of this virus was a political hoax. Now, discuss the merits of the bill if you can.

He will be back once Fox News gives him a few talking points to regurgitate.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-03-23, 11:03

steveschneider wrote:
The Pantry wrote:You guys are thick as bricks politicizing a national emergency. All you seem to care about, still seething after Hillary lost 3+ years ago with no viable candidate for 2020.

Let it go.

Sell us on the bill. Why should we like it, how does it help, what good will it do? Quit the childish attacks and discuss.
Childish? I'm not the one wishing to delay aid to many Americans that need it.

How you guys are so tunnel-visioned in your partisan hatred blows my mind.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-03-23, 11:13

The Pantry wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Sell us on the bill. You won't because you can't do it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-03-23, 11:16

The Pantry wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Childish?  I'm not the one wishing to delay aid to many Americans that need it.

Wait, now you care about other people? Just a second ago, you said "let it go." In other words, you expected people who have been let down by the federal government's response and are insecure in their employment, housing, health insurance, etc. to just "let it go."

Now you want to play the "but the people need help" card? Yeah, sorry, if you have displayed anything, it is that you care only about yourself. Otherwise you would not so easily impose your personal security on everybody else in society.

While I feel secure for the time being, I recognize that is not the case for many people and do not let my personal security create expectations for how others should feel right now.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2020-03-23, 11:17; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-03-23, 11:17

The Pantry wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Do you have the mental capacity to actually discuss the bill without your emotions getting the better of you? Doesn't seem like it.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-03-23, 11:20

Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 10 Fda62310
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-03-23, 11:24

steveschneider wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Childish? I'm not the one wishing to delay aid to many Americans that need it.

Not my job to sell you on anything. Besides, you didn't listen before you bought the Prius.

#TeamCameron
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-03-23, 11:26

The Pantry wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Not my job to sell you on anything. Besides, you didn't listen before you bought the Prius.

#TeamCameron

You won't because you can't. You probably don't even understand it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-03-23, 11:27

Within 2 weeks (probably sooner) he is going to be toting the back to life strategy and trying to enforce it. Will his followers line up behind him? Will those with any semblance of a soul left dare to step out of line?

On the one hand you have the economy and stock market. On the other you have the lives of millions of Americans.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-23, 11:34

No doubt about the fact that the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator wants people to struggle.. wants people to die. He'll then blame it on governors and local leaders and as the curve eventually flattens, he'll take credit.

It's what happens when hate-filled christians elect someone who can't manage a lemonade stand without going bankrupt.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-03-23, 11:34

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Within 2 weeks (probably sooner) he is going to be toting the back to life strategy and trying to enforce it. Will his followers line up behind him? Will those with any semblance of a soul left dare to step out of line?

On the one hand you have the economy and stock market. On the other you have the lives of millions of Americans.

He can always lead by example and hold a few rallies in jam packed arenas.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-03-23, 11:44

I'm not trying to lend political hyperbole to the current situation, I am pretty sure this is where this is going. Watch and see.

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-03-23, 12:11

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm not trying to lend political hyperbole to the current situation, I am pretty sure this is where this is going. Watch and see.

Already starting there’s. Washington Post article on it. Expect Fox News to pivot towards this.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-03-23, 12:15

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1242120405189627905?s=21

Kudlow calling for it on Fox.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-23, 12:22

steveschneider wrote:https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1242120405189627905?s=21

it would be cool if the MAGA christian patriots had a genetic marker that allowed them and only them to acquire the coronavirus.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-03-23, 12:36

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1242120405189627905?s=21

it would be cool if the MAGA christian patriots had a genetic marker that allowed them and only them to acquire the coronavirus.
Thanks, crazy Bob.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-03-23, 13:00

The Pantry wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: it would be cool if the MAGA christian patriots had a genetic marker that allowed them and only them to acquire the coronavirus.
Thanks, crazy Bob.

You seem angry today. I hope you are doing alright.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-03-23, 13:16

steveschneider wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Thanks, crazy Bob.

Thanks, I'm fine. How are you?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-03-23, 13:21

The Pantry wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I’m concerned about many things. Friends, neighbors and the world. Be well and take care.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-03-23, 13:32

The Pantry wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Are you getting enough fiber in your diet?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-03-23, 13:40

I, for one, am shocked that neither democrats or republicans can or will get anything good done expeditiously in this time of crisis. It's almost like a government that has been largely gridlocked for at least a decade is incapable of nimble maneuvers.

I have seen some good proposals, from both Rs and Ds. But with McConnell and Pelosi running the show, none of those good ideas are likely to make it to actual legislation without a bunch of fuckery that changes the beneficiary from the American people to the corporations that own everything.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-03-23, 13:43

Turtleneck wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Thanks, I'm fine. How are you?

Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 10 502811600
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-03-23, 13:46

:loz: pantry
steveschneider wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
Not my job to sell you on anything.  Besides, you didn't listen before you bought the Prius.

#TeamCameron

Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 10 502811600 he's a few hit wonder - "hillary" "prius" "libs". no substance. kind of embarrassing himself. at least goose could provide something
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-03-23, 13:51

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote::loz: pantry
steveschneider wrote:

Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 10 502811600 he's a few hit wonder - "hillary" "prius" "libs". no substance. kind of embarrassing himself. at least goose could provide something

That's all he has because he doesn't even understand the bill.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-03-23, 13:55

Turtleneck wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
Thanks, I'm fine.  How are you?

I'm good.  Bought this couple weeks ago Quaker Instant Oatmeal, Maple & Brown Sugar, Individual Packets, 48 Count

Any luck pulling your head out of your shell?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2020-03-23, 14:01

I'll admit, I don't understand what airline efficiency standards, Postal debt forgiveness,Unprecedented collective bargaining powers for unions, Expansion of wind and solar tax credits, Corporate Board diversity standards, early voting policy have to do with the issue at hand.

That's some of what the Dems have packed into their 1400 pages, I'm sure the Repubs have plenty of goodies, too.
Thinking one party is more moral than the other is comical....
Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 10 >format=png&name=900x900
Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 10 ETzihSXWkAEQlkD?format=png&name=large
Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 10 ETznSfpXkAEfdFD?format=png&name=large
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-23, 14:04

I like how the GOP wants to bail out the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator's sleazy hotels but doesn't want to public to find out about it.

Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 10 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 25  Next