What's your Coronavirus load out & freak out level?

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What's your Coronavirus load out & freak out level? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's your Coronavirus load out & freak out level?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:55 pm

MattyFresh wrote:everyone ok?

I have an itch in my throat and I’ll be working remote for at least the next 6 weeks
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What's your Coronavirus load out & freak out level? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's your Coronavirus load out & freak out level?

Post by Rocinante on Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:04 pm

I hate people. Someday soon there will be a psychological study of the TP Panic of 2020. We are so dumb we can’t even panic over something cool like tulips.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ on Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:12 pm

Rocinante wrote:I hate people. Someday soon there will be a psychological study of the TP Panic of 2020. We are so dumb we can’t even panic over something cool like tulips.

#rip
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:13 pm

Rocinante wrote:I hate people. Someday soon there will be a psychological study of the TP Panic of 2020. We are so dumb we can’t even panic over something cool like tulips.

Looks like someone forgot to hoard TP
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 on Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:15 pm

Hitting my usual Safeway in about half an hour. I usually do my once a week trip on Friday or Saturday but I don't want to deal with the mass amounts of idiots that will be flooding the stores in the daytime.

PS I already have plenty of TP and "flush-able wipes" on hand so I should be good to go. Worst case scenario I know where the industrial sized rolls are kept at work(and I have the access code).
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:21 pm

Michigan closing all schools?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:23 pm

InTenSity wrote:Michigan closing all schools?

Yep through April 6th at least, starting Monday. It was inevitable.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:24 pm

Nordic wrote:

:D

The other thing is people that can’t find it will be wiping with other stuff and flushing it and will cause sewage problems but everybody will be too sick to fix it and then we all die of Dysentery.

Poopocolypse.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:28 pm

Rocinante wrote:
Nordic wrote:

:D

The other thing is people that can’t find it will be wiping with other stuff and flushing it and will cause sewage problems but everybody will be too sick to fix it and then we all die of Dysentery.

Poopocolypse.
Oregon Trail Part Deux, the corona bugaloo.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser on Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:30 pm

Trudeau's wife tested positive. What's your Coronavirus load out & freak out level? - Page 4 1550444538
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:36 pm

CORNER BLITZ wrote:What was your routine you were getting a groove on that you want to manage with the 50 pounders?
Use to have a full assortment of dumbbells up to 65#. I liked the heavy ones for squats.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ on Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:34 am

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:56 am

Multiple people I care about are immune compromised. That’s my worry. Really my only worry.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:30 am

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/03/13/world/asia/coronavirus-death-life.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share

On a personal concern level Hell yeah I’m concerned. There’s an unpredictable nature to this disease and I’ve read multiple studies of young healthy people on ventilators and dying from this disease. This story is of two healthy 29 year olds.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates on Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:45 am

My MIL is at kroger right now, and the line to check out is over an hour long. At 830am. Yikes
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:50 am

Dendrobates wrote:My MIL is at kroger right now, and the line to check out is over an hour long. At 830am. Yikes

A coworker sent me pictures at 9pm last night from the Kroger at Canal and Schoenherr. There was nothing in either the meat cases or in the bread aisle, and no water on the shelves.

I haven't been to grocery store in two weeks. I'm screwed.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates on Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:14 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:My MIL is at kroger right now, and the line to check out is over an hour long. At 830am. Yikes

A coworker sent me pictures at 9pm last night from the Kroger at Canal and Schoenherr. There was nothing in either the meat cases or in the bread aisle, and no water on the shelves.

We had no groceries either yesterday. So I went then. And only produce was plentiful. There wasn’t much meat or canned goods left yesterday morning.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:49 am

All good in the Pylon household. Tons of meat in the chest freezer. Plenty of canned goods. Water up the wazoo if it comes to that. Preppers ain't got shit on me.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:53 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Stopped at Antonio's (17-Ryan) yesterday. Nothing out of the ordinary. Not crowded. Full meat counter. Like any other day.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:53 am

Dendrobates wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

We had no groceries either yesterday. So I went then. And only produce was plentiful. There wasn’t much meat or canned goods left yesterday morning.

I can last another week if I can my produce & eggs tomorrow. Shit will get real for me when I run out of yogurt at the end of next week. The shit will 100% hit the fan if I can't replenish my pistachio fix @ Costco in another two weeks.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:54 am

The Pantry wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Stopped at Antonio's (17-Ryan) yesterday. Nothing out of the ordinary. Not crowded. Full meat counter. Like any other day.

I think that's where the smaller stores will have an advantage. I used to love Antonio's until I moved out of range.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates on Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:00 am

The Pantry wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Good to know! Never been there but I will keep it on my radar.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:06 am

And to counter the NYT article this one gives me hope.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/12/health/coronavirus-survivor-elizabeth-schneider/index.html

It's the unpredictability of how severe it could get has me concerned at times but I'm optimistic that this will be the experience for most.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe on Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:23 am

Dendrobates wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Stopped at Antonio's (17-Ryan) yesterday. Nothing out of the ordinary. Not crowded. Full meat counter. Like any other day.

Good to know! Never been there but I will keep it on my radar.

Wife just texted from a Meijer in Shiwassee county and said the lines for check out were snaking around the store. I told her she should probably leave and we can go back like literally any other time. She didn't.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:28 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I don't think you can go to the gym. I went yesterday but I'm done. I hate to keep using the term but social responsibility. You could have it. This is why we're doing what we're doing and going to the gym goes 100% against it. Just my .02, won't judge.

Apparently, I was way ahead of the curve on avoiding going to the gym. Like 47 years ahead of the curve.

lol!
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine on Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:40 am

A little PSA for you filthy animals....
What's your Coronavirus load out & freak out level? - Page 4 25862610
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:13 pm

You're looking LIVE at the Kroger's

What's your Coronavirus load out & freak out level? - Page 4 20200316
What's your Coronavirus load out & freak out level? - Page 4 20200315
What's your Coronavirus load out & freak out level? - Page 4 20200317
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:15 pm

Yogurt supplies holding strong Floyd

What's your Coronavirus load out & freak out level? - Page 4 20200318
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:24 pm

I just put in an order for curbside pickup tomorrow at the new super Kroger marketplace. Just a few things we are running low on - milk, eggs, sliced bread and hot dog buns. We'll see if we have any 'out of stock' emails/texts but so far nothing. I'm not dealing with those damn crowds and lines.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:35 pm

Nordic wrote:Yogurt supplies holding strong Floyd

What's your Coronavirus load out & freak out level? - Page 4 20200318

Thanks, Nordic. What's your Coronavirus load out & freak out level? - Page 4 55953254
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:37 pm

It astounds me how stupid some of the knuckle draggers on the Bunker are about this. I guess it shouldn't. It's fine, you don't need to freak out and panic. But the endless bitching about overreaction, it's no different than H1N1, why didn't we freak out about H1N1 is just.....Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:52 pm

It is crazy to hear the stories from you guys about the massive lines and bare shelves. There were a couple of stories on the news last night about it around here, but I went to pick up a couple of things this morning, and the only areas that were out was Paper Towel, TP (a few 4 packs and one 12 pack was left...we didn't buy it, as we have a decent amount already), and sanitizer/cleaner. Plenty of meat, veggies, non-perishables, etc. Lines were only like 2 people deep, with less than half the lanes open.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe on Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:13 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:It is crazy to hear the stories from you guys about the massive lines and bare shelves. There were a couple of stories on the news last night about it around here, but I went to pick up a couple of things this morning, and the only areas that were out was Paper Towel, TP (a few 4 packs and one 12 pack was left...we didn't buy it, as we have a decent amount already), and sanitizer/cleaner. Plenty of meat, veggies, non-perishables, etc. Lines were only like 2 people deep, with less than half the lanes open.
Southern Florida is used to the perversely unusual?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:25 pm

The Spartan store down the road from me was mostly stocked at lunch. Wasn't even very busy.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:27 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:It astounds me how stupid some of the knuckle draggers on the Bunker are about this. I guess it shouldn't. It's fine, you don't need to freak out and panic. But the endless bitching about overreaction, it's no different than H1N1, why didn't we freak out about H1N1 is just.....Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

There’s no reaching these people. Fuck em.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ on Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:28 pm

Just went to lake Lansing Meijer. Pretty packed but tons of food in the shelves.

Out of paper towel. Limited Kleenex left. Nobody likes angel soft so that's left for TP.

Waited maybe 30 seconds in line
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:36 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:It is crazy to hear the stories from you guys about the massive lines and bare shelves. There were a couple of stories on the news last night about it around here, but I went to pick up a couple of things this morning, and the only areas that were out was Paper Towel, TP (a few 4 packs and one 12 pack was left...we didn't buy it, as we have a decent amount already), and sanitizer/cleaner. Plenty of meat, veggies, non-perishables, etc. Lines were only like 2 people deep, with less than half the lanes open.
Southern Florida is used to the perversely unusual?

We are pretty used to freaking the fuck out and flooding the stores to stock up. We do it just about every year when a hurricane hits. Maybe people here just need the urgency/deadline of a specific day that it's all going to go to hell, so that they know when to panic buy.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:55 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:It astounds me how stupid some of the knuckle draggers on the Bunker are about this. I guess it shouldn't. It's fine, you don't need to freak out and panic. But the endless bitching about overreaction, it's no different than H1N1, why didn't we freak out about H1N1 is just.....Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Same type of people who probably do not believe in climate change. Just imagine if we did something and it proved to be nothing or an overreaction. Morans. If the measures taken work and this thing goes away eventually, I’m sure they will still call it an overreaction. Can’t help people like that.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ on Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:09 pm

Sam's club was basically out of meat. Only had prime left. Also out of natural spring water - had other water and drink though. Never bought tp from there before so idk where it normally is and didn't see anything - so I'd assume they're out or low
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:10 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:It is crazy to hear the stories from you guys about the massive lines and bare shelves.  There were a couple of stories on the news last night about it around here, but I went to pick up a couple of things this morning, and the only areas that were out was Paper Towel, TP (a few 4 packs and one 12 pack was left...we didn't buy it, as we have a decent amount already), and sanitizer/cleaner.  Plenty of meat, veggies, non-perishables, etc.  Lines were only like 2 people deep, with less than half the lanes open.  

I was really impressed with Kroger. They anticipated this coming. The pics I posted were pretty selective: meat, water, bread, cleaning supplies, TP, eggs and bananas were the main things I noticed. But there is still a ton of food on the shelves. And if you look hard enough you can find things like corn beef brisket, turkeys, lunch meat, etc.

They also had every register open with a bagger and guys stocking shelves. They even filled the water shelf as I was there.

It is interesting to see what people are grabbing. Mostly the bad shit. Vegetables are barely effected. They were overloaded with oranges, but no bananas ? I would think people would want the citrus for vitamin C.

What's your Coronavirus load out & freak out level? - Page 4 4113017228 WOTS is Staples has TP
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum