What's your Coronavirus load out & freak out level?

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What's your Coronavirus load out & freak out level? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your Coronavirus load out & freak out level?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on Wed 11 Mar 2020 - 23:14

Dendrobates wrote:Me being pregnant and an asthmatic does not make me feel great about all of this. Despite sanitizing and shit like that, it still seems like there's not much that can be done. We're already screwed as most probably have this and don't know it yet

Yeah you need to stay home and if your so continues to work/whatever he needs to sanitize his shit before entering the house each and every time. I am worried about old people but to be honest you are demographic zero for who I'm worried about.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What's your Coronavirus load out & freak out level? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your Coronavirus load out & freak out level?

Post by tGreenWay on Wed 11 Mar 2020 - 23:31

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Motherfucker. Just bought some dumbbells and a weight bench. Not that I have anywhere to put them. Dumbbells only go to 52.5 but can hopefully manage.

What did you get, where did you get them, and how much did they cost?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Wed 11 Mar 2020 - 23:32

...rising.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on Wed 11 Mar 2020 - 23:35

tGreenWay wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Motherfucker. Just bought some dumbbells and a weight bench. Not that I have anywhere to put them. Dumbbells only go to 52.5 but can hopefully manage.

What did you get, where did you get them, and how much did they cost?

I'm sure you're not being serious but Amazon. Selectech. Still prime one day delivery unlike hand sanitizer.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ on Wed 11 Mar 2020 - 23:37

What was your routine you were getting a groove on that you want to manage with the 50 pounders?
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on Wed 11 Mar 2020 - 23:38

Hatch one-day delivered a home gym to his house What's your Coronavirus load out & freak out level? - Page 2 420617953

He ain't missin' a rep
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on Wed 11 Mar 2020 - 23:46

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:Me being pregnant and an asthmatic does not make me feel great about all of this. Despite sanitizing and shit like that, it still seems like there's not much that can be done. We're already screwed as most probably have this and don't know it yet

Yeah you need to stay home and if your so continues to work/whatever he needs to sanitize his shit before entering the house each and every time. I am worried about old people but to be honest you are demographic zero for who I'm worried about.

Agree with this. Sorry this is happening at a time that’s kind of exciting. Sorry you have this extra worry, but with your background you’ll do well with this.

Shit this sucks.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates on Wed 11 Mar 2020 - 23:49

I really wasn't planning on staying home initially either. But I don't think I have a choice in my condition.  And the fact my job involves being in every hospital and doc office. The last notice from work as reminding us we have a very flexible work schedule and utilize it as we see fit. I can only do so much from home though. What's your Coronavirus load out & freak out level? - Page 2 4177874726
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on Wed 11 Mar 2020 - 23:57

CORNER BLITZ wrote:What was your routine you were getting a groove on that you want to manage with the 50 pounders?

I don't know man, shit shifts. I don't do anything currently requiring a 50+ lb dumbell because I'm old and my joints suck but I do a lot with cables, etc. My fave "heavy" dumbell ex is a slight incline bench thing where I dip a dumbell back and lift up (chest). Not sure what we call this.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 1:28

Def serious, Hatch. Been wanting to get a set and bench for a year now, but shit happens and kept pushing it back.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 4:30

The Pantry wrote:
Sorta freaked out today after reading you can be contagious for 2 weeks before showing symptoms. I hope that was bullshit or we might all have it already.

That’s real Pantry. And it’s airborne, it last for a long time on surfaces and it is very serious. On the news (real experts but going off memory) 10-20% of the people that catch it will require hospitalization. This is the real deal.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 5:37

The Pantry wrote:
Sorta freaked out today after reading you can be contagious for 2 weeks before showing symptoms. I hope that was bullshit or we might all have it already.

No offense, but that shouldn't be new information to you. All of the quarantines and self-quarantines for people that may have potentially been exposed is 14 days. Seems like that 14 day thing has been hammered home pretty strongly.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 8:09

How we all feeling today?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 8:25

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:How we all feeling today?

Wife and myself are hunkered down in the house. Goal is not to leave for as long as we can.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 8:37

I'm feeling frustrated and like I don't know what we're going to do with ourselves, so a little anxious. This is the right thing to do to protect society at large, I get it, and we'll do our part. But it's gonna suck.

I can't believe the conference tourneys haven't called off yet. I have to believe that's inevitable.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 8:39

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I'm feeling frustrated and like I don't know what we're going to do with ourselves, so a little anxious. This is the right thing to do to protect society at large, I get it, and we'll do our part. But it's gonna suck.

I can't believe the conference tourneys haven't called off yet. I have to believe that's inevitable.

I'm guessing they want to get all the powers that be together and come to a consensus. I'm sure they're meeting as we speak.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason on Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 8:40

Went to my relatively small town Meijer very early this morning. No TP. Very few canned goods. Almost no rice.

Jesus.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe on Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 8:46

Level is rising I suppose. Surreal... the shit going on.

And National Treasure Tom Motherfucking Hanks... ug.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 8:50

MiamiSpartan wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Sorta freaked out today after reading you can be contagious for 2 weeks before showing symptoms.  I hope that was bullshit or we might all have it already.

No offense, but that shouldn't be new information to you.  All of the quarantines and self-quarantines for people that may have potentially been exposed is 14 days.  Seems like that 14 day thing has been hammered home pretty strongly.

Not really. Yes the 14 days has been out there from the start. From the CDC: "COVID-19, the period of quarantine is 14 days from the last date of exposure, because 14 days is the longest incubation period seen for similar coronaviruses"

I've read most show symptoms in 2-5 days and a report last night that said 2-10 days.

What this doesn't address is can you transmit without showing symptoms (fever/cough)? Also from the CDC: "COVID-19 is a new disease and we are still learning how it spreads. The virus that causes COVID-19 is thought to mainly spread from close contact (i.e., within about 6 feet) with a person who is currently sick with COVID-19. The virus likely spreads primarily through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes... It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it"

I haven't seen anything official if you can transmit before you have symptoms. That answer and how long it can survive outside a host are evolving.

The other answer that I don't see is, if you are infected, how long is the recovery?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 9:01

Nordic wrote:The other answer that I don't see is, if you are infected, how long is the recovery?
That is dependent on your level of health insurance.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 9:35

Study talking about the above.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livescience.com/amp/coronavirus-sheds-early-in-disease.html

People infected with the novel coronavirus shed large quantities of the virus early in their illness and likely become less infectious as the disease wears on, according to a small study.

The research, posted Sunday (March 8) to the preprint database medRxiv, is still preliminary, because it has not yet been peer-reviewed and because it included only nine participants. Still, it may hint at why the new virus spreads so easily: Many people may be at their most infectious when exhibiting only mild, cold-like symptoms.

Last edited by Nordic on Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 11:13; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser on Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 10:00

Mrs. Miser is starting to freak out. Wants me to go to Pubix and stock up for the apocalypse before everyone else does & there's nothing left. She's hearing they're going to announce all schools shutting down starting next week. What's your Coronavirus load out & freak out level? - Page 2 1550444538
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 10:05

Heat Miser wrote:Mrs. Miser is starting to freak out. Wants me to go to Pubix and stock up for the apocalypse before everyone else does & there's nothing left. She's hearing they're going to announce all schools shutting down starting next week. What's your Coronavirus load out & freak out level? - Page 2 1550444538
All schools in Dade? Dade did just send out a questionnaire, basically asking if we needed tablets or a laptop in the house to do schoolwork, in case the schools closed. They were even giving out extra credit for returning it the next day.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 10:10

Heat Miser wrote:Mrs. Miser is starting to freak out. Wants me to go to Pubix and stock up for the apocalypse before everyone else does & there's nothing left. She's hearing they're going to announce all schools shutting down starting next week. What's your Coronavirus load out & freak out level? - Page 2 1550444538

Heat, you gave the best advise a few days ago in the original thread:

"This is kinda like prepping for a hurricane. It may not hit you, but if you don't prepare & it does hit you, you're fucked. "
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser on Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 10:19

Nordic wrote:

Heat, you gave the best advise a few days ago in the original thread:

"This is kinda like prepping for a hurricane. It may not hit you, but if you don't prepare & it does hit you, you're fucked. "

Looks like this one's gonna hit everybody. Only question now is what category. I'd say the over/under right now is cat 4.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 10:39

I'd argue go now, we went last night and it was terrifying. Heard two people coughing. NY is on a trajectory where this is getting pretty serious so I'm probably a day ahead of you folks. I have a new set of eyes and ears for germs after all this...hearing a cough, seeing someone rub their eyes, even seeing a stranger walking close to us in the grocery store was a bit unnerving. Also, look at video of Seattle they are a TempeTantrum town right now.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 10:40

In case you guys haven’t noticed Steve is at a level 99. He even heard two people cough.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine on Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 10:44

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:In case you guys haven’t noticed Steve is at a level 99. He even heard two people cough.

You're underestimating him....Wink

Sounds like about 115 to me.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 10:50

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:In case you guys haven’t noticed Steve is at a level 99. He even heard two people cough.

I'm not a huge gambler but I bet in one month you are a 100.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 10:54

I've seen over the week people evolve from meh, I'm going to live my life, this is just the flu, the flu is worse and this is just over blown by the media to pooping their pants. If I told you guys on Tuesday the NBA would shut down you wouldn't have believed it but here we are.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 11:14

There is no need to freak out bruh. It takes a village, we are all simply doing our part. This is all practical and reasoned and I wish we were all smart enough to realize it 2 weeks ago. Hopefully it makes an impact.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain on Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 11:28

Maybe this will give me an opportunity to visit MSUs campus again and have a meditative experience flooded with memories of the past. It’s always something I wanted to do. I’m worried, I’m going to take the proper precautions but I have faith that there will be a vaccine. I have faith in God.

I’ve provided a lot of laughs over the years and I provided a service to people selling with honesty and integrity. There’s so much to life that I haven’t experienced so I won’t go down without a fight. I like this place even though I can be moody. The virus has a low mortality rate as of yet. If anything in my past has shown you can almost worry yourself to death. I will be safe in the measures I take but the threat of sickness will not interfere with how I live my life.
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser on Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 11:37

Bill Cain wrote:Maybe this will give me an opportunity to visit MSUs campus again and have a meditative experience flooded with memories of the past. It’s always something I wanted to do. I’m worried, I’m going to take the proper precautions but I have faith that there will be a vaccine. I have faith in God.

I’ve provided a lot of laughs over the years and I provided a service to people selling with honesty and integrity. There’s so much to life that I haven’t experienced so I won’t go down without a fight. I like this place even though I can be moody. The virus has a low mortality rate as of yet. If anything in my past has shown you can almost worry yourself to death. I will be safe in the measures I take but the threat of sickness will not interfere with how I live my life.

Thoughts & prayers...yeah, that's the ticket. Seems to be going well so far. Rolling Eyes
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 11:57

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:There is no need to freak out bruh. It takes a village, we are all simply doing our part. This is all practical and reasoned and I wish we were all smart enough to realize it 2 weeks ago. Hopefully it makes an impact.

Yeah he’s having trouble finding the middle ground between realizing this is taking measures to do what we can and the end of the world zombie type shit. Would drive me crazy personally but whatever gets him by.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 12:02

Nordic wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

No offense, but that shouldn't be new information to you.  All of the quarantines and self-quarantines for people that may have potentially been exposed is 14 days.  Seems like that 14 day thing has been hammered home pretty strongly.

Not really. Yes the 14 days has been out there from the start. From the CDC: "COVID-19, the period of quarantine is 14 days from the last date of exposure, because 14 days is the longest incubation period seen for similar coronaviruses"

I've read most show symptoms in 2-5 days and a report last night that said 2-10 days.

What this doesn't address is can you transmit without showing symptoms (fever/cough)? Also from the CDC: "COVID-19 is a new disease and we are still learning how it spreads. The virus that causes COVID-19 is thought to mainly spread from close contact (i.e., within about 6 feet) with a person who is currently sick with COVID-19. The virus likely spreads primarily through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes... It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it"

I haven't seen anything official if you can transmit before you have symptoms. That answer and how long it can survive outside a host are evolving.

The other answer that I don't see is, if you are infected, how long is the recovery?
Maybe I was just assuming that the 14 day period meant that that was the max incubation time. I saw something yesterday, that 50% see symptoms in within 5 days, and everyone sees symptoms in within 12 days.

Also, not sure if official, but I thought that Sanjay Gupta (or maybe someone else) on CNN said that you can transmit it without showing symptoms. Either that and/or that it would stay alive on surfaces for a long time.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 12:05

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:There is no need to freak out bruh. It takes a village, we are all simply doing our part. This is all practical and reasoned and I wish we were all smart enough to realize it 2 weeks ago. Hopefully it makes an impact.

Steve does not have a medium setting.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 12:31

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Yeah he’s having trouble finding the middle ground between realizing this is taking measures to do what we can and the end of the world zombie type shit. Would drive me crazy personally but whatever gets him by.

From my POV you are the frog in the pot right now and the water is getting warmer.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 13:00

steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates on Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 13:18

Meijer at 10am was the most insane I have ever seen it. There was plenty of produce (except for onions and garlic, wtf), there wasn’t much meat left, very few canned goods, and TP aisle was completely empty. Shelves were just lower and limited than usual.

I took the last 3 family size cans of tomato soup. It made me have to stock up when I normally wouldn’t. And that really bothered me.

The lines were wrapped around everywhere. People couldn’t maneuver. And then when I left around 11:30, You could see a rush of more people coming in.

Go now to the grocery store guys.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 13:35

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

We need people on both sides of the spectrum. The answer is always somewhere in the middle.

My only real freak out is for my parents. I tried to tell my dad a week ago to lay low. But of course, he blew it off and was playing pickelball and pool till 2am yesterday. Finally got a hold of him an hour ago and he's now heeding my advise. I just don't see the point in risking it at 75. He's healthy as an ox, but my mom, not so much. Just hang up the pool cue for a couple weeks.

Last edited by Nordic on Thu 12 Mar 2020 - 13:51; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum