Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial: What stocks should we be looking to buy right now? thread

+16
The Pantry
WhiteBoyHatcher
Robert J Sakimano
Dendrobates
DWags
Jake from State Farm
AvgMSUJoe
InTenSity
kingstonlake
CORNER BLITZ
Watch Out Pylon!
Nordic
steveschneider
Heat Miser
I.B. Fine
tGreenWay
20 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

tOfficial: What stocks should we be looking to buy right now? thread - Page 3 Empty Re: tOfficial: What stocks should we be looking to buy right now? thread

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-03-22, 00:44

https://www.google.com/search?q=NASDAQ%3AZM&oq=NASDAQ%3AZM&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i58&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

tOfficial: What stocks should we be looking to buy right now? thread - Page 3 Zoom10
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial: What stocks should we be looking to buy right now? thread - Page 3 Empty Re: tOfficial: What stocks should we be looking to buy right now? thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-03-22, 00:45

I literally don't know how to buy a stock. Is this a good buy?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-03-22, 00:49

What is Zoom's market share v MS Teams, Slack, et al?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-03-22, 00:54

I have literally looked zero into this. My livelihood relies on online meetings. We have used GTM exclusively got client meetings for ~ 8 years. It requires a license to host. We also use Skype for Business on the sales side and it sucks. We're now integrated into Teams, but we can't use it with clients unless they also use Teams. I have no idea what costs and what doesn't. I assume all of the above do, or everyone would use them. I'm kind of assuming Zoom doesn't given how many people seem to be using it?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-03-22, 01:00

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I literally don't know how to buy a stock. Is this a good buy?

Your guess is as good as anyone else's

I would say a combination of nearly all college classes I know are now being taught on zoom + it's more reliable than skype (from what I've read and my own skype usage) + you like to bet so fuck it why not

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/investing/how-to-buy-stocks/

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-03-22, 01:01

Zoom Video, Microsoft Lead 5 Work-At-Home Stocks For The Coronavirus Stock Market Crash

Why Zoom has become the darling of remote workers during the COVID-19 crisis
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-03-22, 01:10

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I have literally looked zero into this. My livelihood relies on online meetings. We have used GTM exclusively got client meetings for ~ 8 years. It requires a license to host. We also use Skype for Business on the sales side and it sucks. We're now integrated into Teams, but we can't use it with clients unless they also use Teams. I have no idea what costs and what doesn't. I assume all of the above do, or everyone would use them. I'm kind of assuming Zoom doesn't given how many people seem to be using it?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-03-22, 04:00

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Zoom Video, Microsoft Lead 5 Work-At-Home Stocks For The Coronavirus Stock Market Crash

The thing is most large companies have a MS enterprise contract, which includes Teams. I figure MS has a baked in huge market share which is nearly impossible to penetrate.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-03-22, 09:06

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I have literally looked zero into this. My livelihood relies on online meetings. We have used GTM exclusively got client meetings for ~ 8 years. It requires a license to host. We also use Skype for Business on the sales side and it sucks. We're now integrated into Teams, but we can't use it with clients unless they also use Teams. I have no idea what costs and what doesn't. I assume all of the above do, or everyone would use them. I'm kind of assuming Zoom doesn't given how many people seem to be using it?

My company used zoom, and we all like it better than Skype. It’s more reliable, and fairly easy to do. It can do a lot of interesting shit, but I’ve been too lazy to learn. My company is trying to get us all to really learn all the ins and outs since we’re home.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-03-22, 09:52

Heat Miser wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:Zoom Video, Microsoft Lead 5 Work-At-Home Stocks For The Coronavirus Stock Market Crash

The thing is most large companies have a MS enterprise contract, which includes Teams. I figure MS has a baked in huge market share which is nearly impossible to penetrate.

Most of the companies I deal with have switched from WebEx to Skype. And it blows (connection issues, sharing/control issues, etc.). I've never used Teams or Zoom, but both sound way better. Even Tucker is using Zoom.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-03-23, 13:51

AT&T's (T) current dividend yield is over 7%. A month ago it was closer to 5%.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-03-23, 13:52

Nordic wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Most of the companies I deal with have switched from WebEx to Skype. And it blows (connection issues, sharing/control issues, etc.). I've never used Teams or Zoom, but both sound way better. Even Tucker is using Zoom.

Skype is owned by MS as well & they're pushing everyone to switch to Teams and then Skype will die.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-03-24, 00:08

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I literally don't know how to buy a stock. Is this a good buy?

Zoom +20 from my post, where's those chips WBH
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-03-24, 00:58

Roku +13% on Monday. There will definitely be a few winners out of all this.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-03-24, 10:19

Heat Miser wrote:Roku +13% on Monday. There will definitely be a few winners out of all this.

Up another 11%+ today. tOfficial: What stocks should we be looking to buy right now? thread - Page 3 3069395473
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-03-24, 11:08

Yeah, I’ve been watching Roku but was too chicken to buy in. Oh well.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-03-24, 11:15

Talk me into Roku - although I think it's the best streaming platform I just don't get it as much since mostly everyone I know (somewhat younger) either has a smart TV or gaming console to stream through vs even knowing what Roku is

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-24, 11:30

I just picked up 60 shares of meat stix/cheeze puffs along with a few shares of the vinyl garden hose/plastic lawn chair market..

gettin' ready for NASCAR to get rollin' again... and lookin' forward to summer.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-03-24, 11:31

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Talk me into Roku - although I think it's the best streaming platform I just don't get it as much since mostly everyone I know (somewhat younger) either has a smart TV or gaming console to stream through vs even knowing what Roku is

You could start here:
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-03-24, 11:41

Heat Miser wrote:I'm very worried about the strippers. Who's going to go to the nudie bars & make it rain during all this?

tOfficial: What stocks should we be looking to buy right now? thread - Page 3 1486952199
With Clubs Closed for COVID-19, Strippers in Portland, Oregon, Take to Topless Food Delivery

It's called "Boober Eats". tOfficial: What stocks should we be looking to buy right now? thread - Page 3 2803167989
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-03-24, 12:39

Watched an interview with an NYU Prof on the market, he has me convinced there will be another drop. He cited that right now we are seeing the market react to good news, but more bad news coming ahead economically and with the rise of this disease. He believes this rise will be short lived.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-03-24, 13:00

steveschneider wrote:Watched an interview with an NYU Prof on the market, he has me convinced there will be another drop. He cited that right now we are seeing the market react to good news, but more bad news coming ahead economically and with the rise of this disease. He believes this rise will be short lived.

He's absolutely right. The unemployment #'s coming out later this week will erase today's gains IMHO. Peeps are not going to automagically start flying/staying in hotels/going on cruises/going out to eat/etc. just because the govt. spent gobs of cash to help everyone stay afloat in the short-term. The underlying issue remains. Even after it subsides, it will take months to spin up a global economy after a near complete standstill.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-03-24, 13:13

Heat Miser wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Watched an interview with an NYU Prof on the market, he has me convinced there will be another drop. He cited that right now we are seeing the market react to good news, but more bad news coming ahead economically and with the rise of this disease. He believes this rise will be short lived.

He's absolutely right. The unemployment #'s coming out later this week will erase today's gains IMHO. Peeps are not going to automagically start flying/staying in hotels/going on cruises/going out to eat/etc. just because the govt. spent gobs of cash to help everyone stay afloat in the short-term. The underlying issue remains. Even after it subsides, it will take months to spin up a global economy after a near complete standstill.
]

Here is the link.

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/idea-going-restart-everything-soon-154150131.html

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-03-25, 20:29

Heat Miser wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:Talk me into Roku - although I think it's the best streaming platform I just don't get it as much since mostly everyone I know (somewhat younger) either has a smart TV or gaming console to stream through vs even knowing what Roku is

You could start here:

hmmmm
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-03-27, 13:46

Heat Miser wrote:AT&T's (T) current dividend yield is over 7%. A month ago it was closer to 5%.

I have two guys that take care of my investments, because I just don't know enough about it. One handles my retirement account (SEP) and the other that does everything else (529s, wife's 401k, anything extra).  I keep them separate so I don't have all my eggs in one basket.

I rarely pry but I did ask them about Zoom, Netflix, Amazon, Microsoft, etc. Both think Zoom and Netflix are still overvalued.  One is buying Microsoft, AT&T, Haliburton, Disney & Alibaba. The other is buying Microsoft, Amazon, Apple & Google. Both are looking to buy Roku. FWIW

Since I can't gamble on sports, I opened an account at Cash App and gambling on some Zoom, Netflix, Amazon, Microsoft, Alibaba, Roku, Uber & Alphabet. Only problem is my bank keeps blocking deposits/buys. Otherwise the app makes it redic easy to buy stocks... almost too easy.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-03-27, 13:58

Nordic wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:AT&T's (T) current dividend yield is over 7%. A month ago it was closer to 5%.

I have two guys that take care of my investments, because I just don't know enough about it. One handles my retirement account (SEP) and the other that does everything else (529s, wife's 401k, anything extra).  I keep them separate so I don't have all my eggs in one basket.

I rarely pry but I did ask them about Zoom, Netflix, Amazon, Microsoft, etc. Both think Zoom and Netflix are still overvalued.  One is buying Microsoft, AT&T, Haliburton, Disney & Alibaba. The other is buying Microsoft, Amazon, Apple & Google. Both are looking to buy Roku. FWIW

Since I can't gamble on sports, I opened an account at Cash App and gambling on some Zoom, Netflix, Amazon, Microsoft, Alibaba, Roku, Uber & Alphabet. Only problem is my bank keeps blocking deposits/buys. Otherwise the app makes it redic easy to buy stocks... almost too easy.

I bought some Roku. I'm down at the moment but not worried. I've held shares of T for a long time. Fantastic dividend stock.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-03-27, 13:59

Berkshire Hathaway Shares Declining To Book Value
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-03-31, 17:37

Maybe we shouldn’t use Zoom after all
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-31, 18:20

How about TeleHealth but for mental/emotional well-being for people who get their feelings hurt on a message board?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-04-01, 16:38

Why the Global Recession Could Last a Long Time
Fears are growing that the worldwide economic downturn could be especially deep and lengthy, with recovery limited by continued anxiety.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-04-01, 17:23

The Zoom Privacy Backlash Is Only Getting Started

A class action lawsuit. Rampant zoombombing. And as of today, two new zero-day vulnerabilities.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-04-02, 13:00

Heat Miser wrote:The Zoom Privacy Backlash Is Only Getting Started

A class action lawsuit. Rampant zoombombing. And as of today, two new zero-day vulnerabilities.

I still signed up. Errbody got my shit by now.  Been test driving Zoom the last few days and it is just a far superior product. Very easy to use, quality is off the charts. I would personally rank the conferencing software as such:

1) Zoom - Limited experience, but it is incredibly intuitive/easy to use. Seamless meeting scheduling and controls. Picture, video and sound quality is amazing. Easy to use whiteboard. Backdrop options, etc.

2) Webex - No real issues with Webex, but it is like running DOS vs. Windows, once you've used Zoom.

3) Skype - Complete pile of shit. Disconnect issues, log in issues, mic issues, sharing features are cumbersome. I can't see shit when people present. I fucking hate Skype, but two of customers switched from Webex to Skype

4) Microsoft Teams - Downloaded the software. Then just went into an infinity GoTo 10 loop trying to log in. Rage quit after a dozen different attempts and opened Zoom.

I assume someone will buyout Zoom at some point.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-02, 13:20

Doritos and Mountain Dew.

Bibles..

gastric bypass futures.

#LockTheThread
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-04-06, 00:45

Not much on the line but very interested to see how this coming week plays out tOfficial: What stocks should we be looking to buy right now? thread - Page 3 276803595
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-04-07, 09:35

Don't be fooled by the current "irrational exuberance". The bottom is yet to come IMHO.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-07, 09:42

I think I'll buy some stock in the sorts of SUV's that people who go Up North purchase.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-04-07, 09:54

Heat Miser wrote:Don't be fooled by the current "irrational exuberance". The bottom is yet to come IMHO.

Reporting starts and we will see where this all heads. I guess one thing to note is another trillion dollar stimulus bill should come along quickly so maybe this is how you have a good stock market you just borrow trillions and pump it into the economy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-04-07, 10:08

steveschneider wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:Don't be fooled by the current "irrational exuberance". The bottom is yet to come IMHO.

Reporting starts and we will see where this all heads. I guess one thing to note is another trillion dollar stimulus bill should come along quickly so maybe this is how you have a good stock market you just borrow trillions and pump it into the economy.

I believe all the stimuli just keeps us from going of the cliff into a depression (hopefully). There's no avoiding a 12-24 month global recession, & I don't think that reality has hit Wall Street yet. They're still in the "V" shaped recovery mindset where everything goes back to normal in a couple months.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-04-07, 10:39

Heat Miser wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I believe all the stimuli just keeps us from going of the cliff into a depression (hopefully). There's no avoiding a 12-24 month global recession, & I don't think that reality has hit Wall Street yet. They're still in the "V" shaped recovery mindset where everything goes back to normal in a couple months.

Yeah, I have no clue what's going to happen but my guess is we'll see a W. Also, I really think once the earnings start rolling out probably by next quarter we'll see a drop.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-04-09, 10:38

Another 2.3 trillion dollars pumped in. Fed determined to act aggressively.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next