Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bump if you make it a whole day without going out

+18
InTenSity
The Pantry
duffy munn
Jake from State Farm
AvgMSUJoe
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
Dendrobates
Floyd Robertson
Turtleneck
steveschneider
StylesGShmooth
tGreenWay
CORNER BLITZ
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteBoyHatcher
Nordic
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bump if you make it a whole day without going out - Page 2 Empty Re: Bump if you make it a whole day without going out

Post by y2kMgrad 2020-03-22, 20:22

Thanks, I thought so too. This self distancing thing is really difficult to navigate with small children. We're not letting them go into any stores or play with the neighbor kids but forcing them to sit in the house all day is just not working out. If I was single I would actually love to just sit home, drink and play video games for a couple weeks. But that's not feasible as a dad. How are the rest of you with kids handling this?
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Bump if you make it a whole day without going out - Page 2 Empty Re: Bump if you make it a whole day without going out

Post by aualum06 2020-03-22, 20:25

y2kMgrad wrote:Thanks, I thought so too. This self distancing thing is really difficult to navigate with small children. We're not letting them go into any stores or play with the neighbor kids but forcing them to sit in the house all day is just not working out. If I was single I would actually love to just sit home, drink and play video games for a couple weeks. But that's not feasible as a dad. How are the rest of you with kids handling this?

No kids, I've made it a week. Even tv is getting boring
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-03-22, 20:27

y2kMgrad wrote:Thanks, I thought so too. This self distancing thing is really difficult to navigate with small children. We're not letting them go into any stores or play with the neighbor kids but forcing them to sit in the house all day is just not working out. If I was single I would actually love to just sit home, drink and play video games for a couple weeks. But that's not feasible as a dad. How are the rest of you with kids handling this?
We're drinking. I've also started playing hide and seek. Let them stay in the closet while I watch a movie.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-03-22, 20:28

InTenSity wrote:
We're drinking. I've also started playing hide and seek. Let them stay in the closet while I watch a movie.

Bump if you make it a whole day without going out - Page 2 1966794946

Practical Covid-19 Parenting Tips.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2020-03-22, 20:29

InTenSity wrote:
Bump if you make it a whole day without going out - Page 2 1494614055 I need to try that.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-03-22, 20:34

Mine are 10 and 7. I try to keep them separated when things get contentious. Daily walks in the neighborhood. Catch/basketball with the boy when the weather is not freezing. We got them both on Messenger Kids and they are occasionally chatting with friends. Wife is handling the school work stuff since she does that for a living. Overall I'm surprised with how well they are doing.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-03-22, 20:41

18 and 14. I can't imagine having little ones.

I took them out today for the first time since Monday. Sushi takeout. Way easier than what you guys have to do.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-03-22, 20:43

Nephew and niece are 6 and 3. So far no idea and no care in the world
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-03-22, 21:20

Got a 2 year old. She's too young to know what's happening. Been in a pretty decent mood for the most part.

Wrangling a kid and juggling my wife's meeting schedule with mine has not been easy. One call last week I had to keep an eye on her as my wife was on another call.

It's not easy and is pretty exhausting. Managing though.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-03-27, 16:46

Made it Sat, Sun, Tue & Wed without going out. Had to go to the doc Mon and work Thur. Haven't been out yet today. But I might take the kids out for takeout to get them out of the house. They haven't been out since last Friday (also takeout). And by out, I mean get in the car. We've been outside for walks and what not.

It is funny to see all the new people walking in the neighborhood. Typically there are only 3 or 4 different groups in my hood out walking (including us), now everyone is out. People I've never seen before.

Fucking dogs are having a field day barking at them.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-03-27, 17:21

I went out yesterday (thurs) to get groceries. Really didn't need them till the weekend, but I think people will act "normal" and be more likely to go out on the weekends so wanted to get out with fewer crowds

Costco: pretty dead. More cars there than I thought there would be, but far less people than I've ever seen before. Store was fully stocked with a few different measures added at checkout for social distancing. I hope they continue the process of not having to read your receipt when you leave once this is all passed.

Meijer: still out of paper towels/kleenex/tp and a few canned goods. Think there were more people in Meijer than costco.

Gas station: I was the only person in the store till I checked out and this...odd person came in and got right in line directly behind me. I could tell they were weirdly close, even for normal times not just 6ft covid times, attempting to look at cigs or booze or something on the back shelf. I went to grab my wallet and actually elbowed this girl because that's how close to me she was...no change or word from this person....psycho

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-03-27, 19:02

She was trying to cop a feel.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-03-27, 22:28

Nordic wrote:Made it Sat, Sun, Tue & Wed without going out. Had to go to the doc Mon and work Thur. Haven't been out yet today. But I might take the kids out for takeout to get them out of the house. They haven't been out since last Friday (also takeout). And by out, I mean get in the car. We've been outside for walks and what not.

It is funny to see all the new people walking in the neighborhood. Typically there are only 3 or 4 different groups in my hood out walking (including us), now everyone is out. People I've never seen before.

Fucking dogs are having a field day barking at them.
Reminds of the Aug 2003 blackout in a way, except people were outside and not avoiding each other. Neighborly barbecues and hot tubbing, less the bubbles. Bleach required both then and now.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-03-28, 11:00

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-03-28, 11:04

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

Bump if you make it a whole day without going out - Page 2 1966794946

You selfish pricks.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-03-28, 14:20

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

lol!
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-03-28, 14:53

the full version

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-03-28, 15:57

Haven't gone anywhere since last Sunday. Might go out to pick up beer tomorrow.

Old co-worker called yesterday. Said he'd just dropped his wife off at Walmart to pick up Q-Tips...why they didn't just order them online makes no sense to me. He was sitting in the car and said it looked like business as usual there. Said Menards and Lowes looked that way too. WTF is wrong with people?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-03-28, 16:39

Pure genius

Boober Eats
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-03-28, 19:10

The Pantry wrote:Haven't gone anywhere since last Sunday. Might go out to pick up beer tomorrow.

Old co-worker called yesterday. Said he'd just dropped his wife off at Walmart to pick up Q-Tips...why they didn't just order them online makes no sense to me. He was sitting in the car and said it looked like business as usual there. Said Menards and Lowes looked that way too. WTF is wrong with people?

Tried to place an order to pickup at Sam's. Put everything in the basket, went to checkout and it said there was a two day backlog for pickups and wouldn't let me place the order. Effers
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-04-03, 14:25

Talked with my State roommate in CA today. He claims to be fairly well connected and said the governor will likely put CA on lock down on Monday. Wondering if Whitmer will do the same here?

Thinking about that went out for only the 3rd time in nearly 3 weeks to pick up beer. Nearby beer store has roped off the parking lot into 2 lanes. One for driving to the back of the lot to turn around and come back down the service lane. They take your order through the passenger side window and relay it to someone inside to bring out. Cash only. Very quick. Thought they'd improvised a pretty good system for these times.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-04-03, 14:26

What store is that?

Cash only is wack. I'll be happy if I never have to touch cash again.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-04-03, 14:45

Lucky's.  Pretty sure it's cash only.  Didn't ask about using a card because I don't want to touch a machine.  Besides, gave them cash that's been in my wallet for weeks and had them keep the change.

I'm sure you can order by phone with a card and just pick it up.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2020-04-03, 17:44

bump - I only got out twice this week, excluding my own yard. Though today I was in the office for 1/2 day

I've found a few things to kill my time:
- twitter accounts like this [tw]1246133310989963264[/tw]

- and this https://imgur.com/user/HotCoffee9520
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-04-06, 22:21

Hit the grocery store today so I don't have to go out the next two weeks. Guessing the next week or two is going to get ugly.

A majority had on some type of mask. Far more than the last time I was in a store. I used my face sock/sleeve I use fishing when the sun is blaring. Not the best, but all I had. Fucking weird man.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-07, 12:10

Nordic wrote:Hit the grocery store today so I don't have to go out the next two weeks. Guessing the next week or two is going to get ugly.

A majority had on some type of mask. Far more than the last time I was in a store. I used my face sock/sleeve I use fishing when the sun is blaring. Not the best, but all I had. Fucking weird man.
I'd say I've been to the grocery store twice in the last 10 days. I wore a mask both times - felt goofy at first (even more goofy than I usually feel), but a majority of people were wearing one so it made me feel more comfortable doing it.

the anxiety when you're in public is palpable. I don't personally feel overly anxious, but I could feel it in the air.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-04-07, 13:42

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Nordic wrote:Hit the grocery store today so I don't have to go out the next two weeks. Guessing the next week or two is going to get ugly.

I'd say I've been to the grocery store twice in the last 10 days. I wore a mask both times - felt goofy at first (even more goofy than I usually feel), but a majority of people were wearing one so it made me feel more comfortable doing it.

the anxiety when you're in public is palpable. I don't personally feel overly anxious, but I could feel it in the air.

Yeah I went to pick up a pizza on monday night. Dude walks in behind me and was looking at his phone. He looked up, saw me and sprinted back outside.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-07, 14:22

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Yeah I went to pick up a pizza on monday night. Dude walks in behind me and was looking at his phone. He looked up, saw me and sprinted back outside.
it's so bad, even Jingles is staying home.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-04-07, 14:36

Just went to get groceries for, hopefully, the week....amazing how things can mess with your head, my face has never itched more in my life
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-04-07, 14:39

Only going out for dog walks and yard work. Home deliveries for everything; groceries and takeout for dinners.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-04-07, 17:36

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

If I didn't feel goofy enough wearing a bandana over my face, that was certainly amplified when some lady said, "Here comes a gangster" as I approached.

But yeah, I just feel the extra tension in my body.

The longest I've gone without a trip to the store since this started is 6 days.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-04-07, 18:55

Wife and I split the shopping we good. Probably set for the next two weeks maybe more. I spent 240 she spent 160 Mine was over 120 worth of booze. We’ll freeze meet veggies and fruit are probably good for ten days or so. Milk butter dry goods. Gonna use a bread maker that’s three years old that we haven’t ever taken out of the box. I think it’s just gonna be the back yard the hot tub and ourselves for ten days. I’m not going out till at least the 17th.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-04-07, 19:04

DWags wrote:Wife and I split the shopping we good. Probably set for the next two weeks maybe more. I spent 240 she spent 160 Mine was over 120 worth of booze. We’ll freeze meet veggies and fruit are probably good for ten days or so. Milk butter dry goods. Gonna use a bread maker that’s three years old that we haven’t ever taken out of the box. I think it’s just gonna be the back yard the hot tub and ourselves for ten days. I’m not going out till at least the 17th.

Gotta be careful with those hot tubs, DWags. They’re breeding grounds for bacteria that’ll kill ya.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2