Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Are Y'all Configuring Your Facial Hair During These Dark Days??

+12
StylesGShmooth
GRR Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rocinante
Jake from State Farm
The Pantry
Cameron
aualum06
Dendrobates
Watch Out Pylon!
Turtleneck
Robert J Sakimano
16 posters

Go down

How Are Y'all Configuring Your Facial Hair During These Dark Days?? Empty How Are Y'all Configuring Your Facial Hair During These Dark Days??

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-24, 14:01

it's been decades since I've been clean shaven..

I typically have a beard of various lengths, depending on my mood at any given time. Sometimes, I just rock a sweet 'stache with some sideburns.. every now and then, just a sweet 'stache with maybe some chin pubes.

my beard is currently a bit more shaggy than usual. Not for any good reason - work doesn't care as long as I'm more or less wearing clothes. Thinking about trimming it up later after some bourbon.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

How Are Y'all Configuring Your Facial Hair During These Dark Days?? Empty Re: How Are Y'all Configuring Your Facial Hair During These Dark Days??

Post by Turtleneck 2020-03-24, 14:13

Depending on your answer, expect a PM from Bob asking for even more personal details about your body.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

How Are Y'all Configuring Your Facial Hair During These Dark Days?? Empty Re: How Are Y'all Configuring Your Facial Hair During These Dark Days??

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-03-24, 15:03

No shave till I go back to work. Gonna see how gnarly this beard can get... or until my wife tells me to trim it.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-03-24, 15:16

I like the clean shaven /short goatee look.

But that’s just me.

I have seen health care professionals having to shave just in case in aides in spreading shit.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-24, 15:26

Dendrobates wrote:I like the clean shaven /short goatee look.

But that’s just me.

I have seen health care professionals having to shave just in case in aides in spreading shit.
yeah, I've heard that about healthcare professionals.

my wife prefers my scruff stay kinda neat and trimmed.. I prefer it a little more erratic. If I ever get close to being clean-shaven she says I look like I'm in 9th grade and she feels weird.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-24, 15:28

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:No shave till I go back to work. Gonna see how gnarly this beard can get... or until my wife tells me to trim it.
yeah..

my wife: "your beard is a little shaggy.. thought about trimming it"?

me: "yeah, okay.."..

{trims beard}

wife: "what's with all of this hair in the sink"?!?!? How Are Y'all Configuring Your Facial Hair During These Dark Days?? 1896033241

How Are Y'all Configuring Your Facial Hair During These Dark Days?? 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2020-03-24, 15:32

Just torched it off today
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-03-24, 16:02

I've been thinking of going for the Joe dirt/Ricky from TPB look. Haven't done so yet, but it feels like the right time, what with not really going out in public. I wouldn't want to be seen by anyone else looking like that, but it would amuse myself.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-03-24, 16:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:No shave till I go back to work. Gonna see how gnarly this beard can get... or until my wife tells me to trim it.
yeah..

{trims beard}

wife: "what's with all of this hair in the sink"?!?!? How Are Y'all Configuring Your Facial Hair During These Dark Days?? 1896033241

Sorry Bob, siding with your wife.

I yell at the husband too for the hair. Why is it so difficult to clean off? It takes 5 seconds. Men Rolling Eyes
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-24, 16:19

Dendrobates wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:yeah..

{trims beard}

I yell at the husband too for the hair. Why is it so difficult to clean off? It takes 5 seconds. Men Rolling Eyes
nah, I side with her too.. I haven't been married for going on 26 years without knowing which battles to fight.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-03-24, 16:20

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

nah, I side with her too.. I haven't been married for going on 26 years without knowing which battles to fight.

That is true. It’s the secret to making a marriage work.

Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-03-24, 16:40

Been clean shaven most of my life. Like the silky feel of a woman's face cheek-to-cheek. Liked diving into bush to play in her hair without any of my own.

Haven't shaved in over a week. Was fine for the convenience but gotta get rid of this tomorrow morning to start the next cycle.

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-03-24, 16:52

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
yeah..

{trims beard}

How Are Y'all Configuring Your Facial Hair During These Dark Days?? Fotolia_77084103_Subscription_Monthly_M-300x169
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-16, 12:20

Beard is getting shaggy.. not telling the wife but I'm secretly planning a sweet cop 'stache.

The clippers are charging up.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-04-16, 12:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Beard is getting shaggy.. not telling the wife but I'm secretly planning a sweet cop 'stache.

How Are Y'all Configuring Your Facial Hair During These Dark Days?? Stache10
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-04-16, 12:55

I used to have a really long beard. My profile pic is about 2/3 how long it got. I figure if I can’t go to the barber, I minus well let everything grow and look at my options afterward.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-16, 13:03

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Beard is getting shaggy.. not telling the wife but I'm secretly planning a sweet cop 'stache.

How Are Y'all Configuring Your Facial Hair During These Dark Days?? Stache10
kinda, but with a downward slope toward the chin.

Gonna be sweet.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-04-16, 13:03

neckbeard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-16, 13:04

Rocinante wrote:I used to have a really long beard. My profile pic is about 2/3 how long it got. I figure if I can’t go to the barber, I minus well let everything grow and look at my options afterward.
Heck to the yeah.

How Are Y'all Configuring Your Facial Hair During These Dark Days?? 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-04-16, 13:14

Got into the habit of shaving daily in the USN and with the exception of one 18 day fishing trip with the guys I’ve never gone past 5 days and that was after shoulder and 3/4/5 disk fusion surgeries. Can’t get past the itching that starts about day 4 or 5.

My son stopped shaving the day he was told to take his work laptops home.  That was 4 weeks Monday.  His girlfriend has tired of the new look.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2020-04-17, 14:24

Haven't shaved in over a month. So, I figure in about 3 or 4 more months I may have a full beard with no patches. maybe.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-04-17, 14:38

I've been clean shaven my whole life but decided to go for the goatee when the lockdown started. Of course it came in white and my wife said I looked like Col Sanders. Damn thing was itchy and I kept touching my face so I shaved it off last week.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2020-04-17, 14:50

My facial hair hasn't changed in about a decade.  Standard beard for the most part, kept respectable and trimmed, mostly due to work.  

When lock down started, I stopped shaving my head, which I've done for the last 20 or so years.  I only made it to a few days back before I had to shave it.  Way too thin on top compared to the sides.  If I grew it out long and dyed it red, I'd end up looking like Bozo the Clown.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-04-17, 15:11

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
yeah..

{trims beard}

The first job my wife ever had was sweeping up cut hair at her neighborhood salon, then known as a beauty parlor.
Knowing this, when I did a full shave a few weeks ago, I saved a big ball of whiskers. One of these days, I’m going to spread everything across the bathroom floor and hand her a broom. She can pretend to be at her first job again.
I’m thoughtful in so many ways.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-04-17, 15:16

StylesGShmooth wrote:Haven't shaved in over a month. So, I figure in about 3 or 4 more months I may have a full beard with no patches. maybe.

Never give up! Stevie Yzerman may never be able to do it, but you can!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-04-17, 15:18

Senior Dickfist wrote:My facial hair hasn't changed in about a decade.  Standard beard for the most part, kept respectable and trimmed, mostly due to work.  

When lock down started, I stopped shaving my head, which I've done for the last 20 or so years.  I only made it to a few days back before I had to shave it.  Way too thin on top compared to the sides.  If I grew it out long and dyed it red, I'd end up looking like Bozo the Clown.

Dude, that would look sweet. Bozo was the man. I mean, he was the clown, but he was also the man.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2020-04-18, 23:16

I've been stuck indoors for a week+ at my moms. Facial hair was super white trash till today. I should have taken a picture it was near Joe Dirt-esque

Thick neck beard, sprinkled stash, and sideburns to the bottom of my cheeks
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-04-19, 01:56

Went for 2+ weeks and couldn't take it anymore. Looked like shit though I didn't care. Chewing on the whiskers at the corners of my mouth while eating was what turned me off. Fuck that. PITA shaving it off. Going back to my old schedule of shaving with a razor on Mondays and using the electric in between.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down