Spartans in the NFL

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by StylesGShmooth on 2017-01-03, 01:16

DWags wrote:Raiders just signed Garrett Gilbert. Might be a bad sign for cook. But probably just a body needed in case.

Don't think so. They had one healthy QB on the roster when the game ended. Gotta have a backup.
avatar
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 1197
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : East Lansing, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by MattyFresh on 2017-01-03, 01:21

StylesGShmooth wrote:
DWags wrote:Raiders just signed Garrett Gilbert. Might be a bad sign for cook. But probably just a body needed in case.

Don't think so.  They had one healthy QB on the roster when the game ended.  Gotta have a backup.  


Yeah I'd say its more of a reflection of McGloins health if anything at all.
avatar
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Posts : 2922
Join date : 2015-06-10
Age : 30
Location : Okemos, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-01-03, 05:55

Was Gilbert a Captain?

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 32612
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-01-03, 21:28

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26 Jan 2
From #Texans PR: DE @Joel_Heath92 is first undrafted rookie in franchise history to have 2 sacks in a game.

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 32612
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by DWags on 2017-01-04, 15:18

Jack Del Rio assesses his starter, Connor Cook

Clowney says they hope the blitz the hell out of Cook.

I'm definitely watching that game. It's gonna be good.

Clowney Del Rio chime in

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21263
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 55
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2017-01-04, 15:32

DWags wrote:Jack Del Rio assesses his starter, Connor Cook

Clowney says they hope the blitz the hell out of Cook.

I'm definitely watching that game.   It's gonna be good.

Clowney Del Rio chime in

I know this is the NFL and not CFB, but the blitz never seemed to bother Cook the Spartan too much, many time he made his best throws under pressure.  That said, it did seem to rattle him a bit on a couple of plays I saw before CBS pulled the plug and switched games.
avatar
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 12340
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-01-04, 15:37

I am so excited.
avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 22328
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by MattyFresh on 2017-01-04, 18:27

Definitely some excited Oakland fans.




avatar
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Posts : 2922
Join date : 2015-06-10
Age : 30
Location : Okemos, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-01-04, 19:13

4PM Saturday the Raiderz with Cook and Shilique.
8PM Saturday the Lions

1PM Sunday Lippett vs LeVeon

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 32612
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2017-01-04, 19:16

Dantonio: Connor Cook Doesn't GAF
avatar
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 12340
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by MattyFresh on 2017-01-04, 19:39

LooseGoose wrote:4PM Saturday the Raiderz with Cook and Shilique.
8PM Saturday the Lions

1PM Sunday Lippett vs LeVeon

add Sims on Miami.
add Mumph and Max on Texans.
Lot o Spartans in the playoffs.
avatar
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Posts : 2922
Join date : 2015-06-10
Age : 30
Location : Okemos, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-01-04, 20:08

MattyFresh wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:4PM Saturday the Raiderz with Cook and Shilique.
8PM Saturday the Lions

1PM Sunday Lippett vs LeVeon

add Sims on Miami.
add Mumph and Max on Texans.
Lot o Spartans in the playoffs.

And Heath too....

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 32612
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by gHost Spartan on 2017-01-04, 20:17

Floyd Robertson wrote:Dantonio: Connor Cook Doesn't GAF

Thanks for sharing
avatar
gHost Spartan
Ephor (Advocate)
Ephor (Advocate)

Posts : 4621
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : ARIZONA

Back to top Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2017-01-04, 21:42

Here's Cook with the media.

http://www.raiders.com/media-vault/videos/Connor-Cook-Talks-First-Career-Start/50a2152e-fb66-4ff0-bb98-0a55747cda5a?campaign=oak:fanshare:twitter

_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15015
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2017-01-04, 21:47

I think Connor's gonna turn some heads. If I had to guess he will have a costly turnover or two, but I think he'll also lead Oakland to score 20+ points and that should be good enough for a win. Osweiler is like the antithesis of CC. Cook won't blink. Even if he fucks up royally. I will be taking Oakland ML.

_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15015
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by gHost Spartan on 2017-01-04, 21:56

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I think Connor's gonna turn some heads. If I had to guess he will have a costly turnover or two, but I think he'll also lead Oakland to score 20+ points and that should be good enough for a win. Osweiler is like the antithesis of CC. Cook won't blink. Even if he fucks up royally. I will be taking Oakland ML.
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I think Connor's gonna turn some heads. If I had to guess he will have a costly turnover or two, but I think he'll also lead Oakland to score 20+ points and that should be good enough for a win. Osweiler is like the antithesis of CC. Cook won't blink. Even if he fucks up royally. I will be taking Oakland ML.
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I think Connor's gonna turn some heads. If I had to guess he will have a costly turnover or two, but I think he'll also lead Oakland to score 20+ points and that should be good enough for a win. Osweiler is like the antithesis of CC. Cook won't blink. Even if he fucks up royally. I will be taking Oakland ML.

Cook is gonna fuck some shit up. Mark my words.
avatar
gHost Spartan
Ephor (Advocate)
Ephor (Advocate)

Posts : 4621
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : ARIZONA

Back to top Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by MattyFresh on 2017-01-06, 04:43

Jack has changed fellas...








I really like that he grew out is hair
avatar
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Posts : 2922
Join date : 2015-06-10
Age : 30
Location : Okemos, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-01-06, 09:53

Michigan State ‏@Michigan_State 2h2 hours ago
Spartans in the NFL: How ex-Michigan State players fared in 2016 http://bit.ly/2ijnUog #Spartans


_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 32612
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-01-06, 16:17

Spartan Football ‏@MSU_Football 17m17 minutes ago
Good luck to the seven Spartans in the @NFL Playoffs this weekend! Read more here: http://bit.ly/SpartansInNFLPlayoffs … #SpartansInTheNFL #NFLPlayoffs


_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 32612
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by Steve81 on 2017-01-06, 18:30

Conklin makes all pro team as a rookie. Unbelievable that he was so undervalued coming out of high school.
avatar
Steve81
Spartiate

Posts : 286
Join date : 2016-12-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by MattyFresh on 2017-01-08, 13:47

Le'Veon Bell is good at football.
avatar
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Posts : 2922
Join date : 2015-06-10
Age : 30
Location : Okemos, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by Steve81 on 2017-01-08, 13:49

Bell is on fire
avatar
Steve81
Spartiate

Posts : 286
Join date : 2016-12-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by gHost Spartan on 2017-01-08, 14:10

Sims with a nice catch
avatar
gHost Spartan
Ephor (Advocate)
Ephor (Advocate)

Posts : 4621
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : ARIZONA

Back to top Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by MattyFresh on 2017-01-08, 14:26

Steve81 wrote:Bell is on fire


Somebody better call the fire department!!!
avatar
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Posts : 2922
Join date : 2015-06-10
Age : 30
Location : Okemos, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by Steve81 on 2017-01-08, 14:41

MattyFresh wrote:
Steve81 wrote:Bell is on fire
lol


Somebody better call the fire department!!!
avatar
Steve81
Spartiate

Posts : 286
Join date : 2016-12-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-01-20, 16:04

Spartan Football ‏@MSU_Football 20m20 minutes ago
Good luck to @L_Bell26 in the AFC Championship Game on Sunday!



_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 32612
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by MattyFresh on 2017-01-27, 20:23

LS Taybor Pepper signed to Green Bay Packers active roster

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-press-release/article-1/Packers-sign-LS-Pepper/c2a3520a-2ff8-45df-ac26-37b8a07fdb3b
avatar
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Posts : 2922
Join date : 2015-06-10
Age : 30
Location : Okemos, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by DWags on 2017-01-27, 20:39

MattyFresh wrote:LS Taybor Pepper signed to Green Bay Packers active roster

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-press-release/article-1/Packers-sign-LS-Pepper/c2a3520a-2ff8-45df-ac26-37b8a07fdb3b

Baby!!

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21263
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 55
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by MattyFresh on 2017-02-09, 22:01

Solid remarks, Cook has an NFL future, eff the haters

“It’s strictly a business and there are guys on the practice squad that come in and one day he’ll be in the locker room and all of a sudden the next day he’s gone,” Cook said. “Everyone is always working. No one is ever complacent. No one is ever satisfied. Someone is always gunning for your job, no matter if you’re a four-time Pro Bowler or a 12-year vet. There’s no real certainty for anything. So everyone is working their tails off at practice, just so they can have their job secured. That’s the biggest thing. It’s a little bit different than college. I mean guys have families to feed.”

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/columnists/graham-couch/2017/02/09/connor-cook-raiders-couch-column/97701114/
avatar
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Posts : 2922
Join date : 2015-06-10
Age : 30
Location : Okemos, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by MattyFresh on 2017-02-09, 22:04

MattyFresh wrote:Solid remarks, Cook has an NFL future, eff the haters

“It’s strictly a business and there are guys on the practice squad that come in and one day he’ll be in the locker room and all of a sudden the next day he’s gone,” Cook said. “Everyone is always working. No one is ever complacent. No one is ever satisfied. Someone is always gunning for your job, no matter if you’re a four-time Pro Bowler or a 12-year vet. There’s no real certainty for anything. So everyone is working their tails off at practice, just so they can have their job secured. That’s the biggest thing. It’s a little bit different than college. I mean guys have families to feed.”

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/columnists/graham-couch/2017/02/09/connor-cook-raiders-couch-column/97701114/

another article from detwaaa news
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state-university/spartans/2017/02/09/ex-spartan-connor-cook-looks-build-nfl-experience/97723836/
avatar
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Posts : 2922
Join date : 2015-06-10
Age : 30
Location : Okemos, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-02-10, 09:59

Connor Cook has reasons to think he's 'in a good position' with Raiders

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 32612
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-02-18, 16:04

NFLVerified account‏@NFL
#26 is now 25!

Happy Birthday to @L_Bell26! #HBDBell


_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 32612
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-02-20, 16:02

Spartan Football ‏@MSU_Football 6m6 minutes ago
More
Did you know? Former Spartan Willie Thrower was 1st African-American to play QB in @NFL. Story from @ChicagoBears:



Thrower made history in Bears debut

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 32612
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2017-03-06, 09:54

Adam Caplan‏Verified account @caplannfl 2m2 minutes ago
Gholston terms with #Buccaneers: 5 years, max $37m, $13.5m fully gtd. He's 1 of the better run DEs in NFL. He was a big priority to re-sign.
avatar
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 12340
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-03-06, 10:16

Floyd Robertson wrote: Adam Caplan‏Verified account @caplannfl 2m2 minutes ago
Gholston terms with #Buccaneers: 5 years, max $37m, $13.5m fully gtd. He's 1 of the better run DEs in NFL. He was a big priority to re-sign.


_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 19471
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by MattyFresh on 2017-03-06, 10:51

Floyd Robertson wrote: Adam Caplan‏Verified account @caplannfl  2m2 minutes ago
Gholston terms with #Buccaneers: 5 years, max $37m, $13.5m fully gtd. He's 1 of the better run DEs in NFL. He was a big priority to re-sign.
avatar
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Posts : 2922
Join date : 2015-06-10
Age : 30
Location : Okemos, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-03-06, 11:01

Floyd Robertson wrote: Adam Caplan‏Verified account @caplannfl  2m2 minutes ago
Gholston terms with #Buccaneers: 5 years, max $37m, $13.5m fully gtd. He's 1 of the better run DEs in NFL. He was a big priority to re-sign.

Very cool. I admittidly haven't been following Gholston's career all that much. I didn't know he was doing so well. 
avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11614
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2017-03-07, 18:42

My son likes the Bucs jerseys/logo. On a whim I decided to search for a kids Gholston jersey thinking there was no way in hell they would make them. Not only do they sell them on the Bucs official site, but they are $210 off! I bought one.

http://www.buccaneersnflofficialproshop.com/YOUTH_NIKE_TAMPA_BAY_BUCCANEERS_92_WILLIAM_GHOLSTON_ELITE_WHITE_NFL_JERSEY.html

_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15015
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by NigelUno on 2017-03-07, 18:48

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:My son likes the Bucs jerseys/logo. On a whim I decided to search for a kids Gholston jersey thinking there was no way in hell they would make them. Not only do they sell them on the Bucs official site, but they are $210 off! I bought one.

http://www.buccaneersnflofficialproshop.com/YOUTH_NIKE_TAMPA_BAY_BUCCANEERS_92_WILLIAM_GHOLSTON_ELITE_WHITE_NFL_JERSEY.html



"Official"
avatar
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 18445
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2017-03-07, 19:09

It says Official Nigel.

_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15015
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum