Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darren Wilson will not be charged

+35
CheesySpartan
steveschneider
Rocinante
beal99
The_Dude
Ass Dan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
kingstonlake
Brock Middlebrook
Travis of the Cosmos
Toe
Snake Plissken
Cym Jim
Jake from State Farm
Turtleneck
Wally Fairway
Herbie Green
AvgMSUJoe
tTito
Kramerica
tig ol bitties
Blanch32
Tim Wakefield
Death Roe
The Pantry
WhiteBoyHatcher
InTenSity
Green Note
LoneWolfSparty
NigelUno
Rodeo Burger
I.B. Fine
CORNER BLITZ
39 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Darren Wilson will not be charged - Page 7 Empty Re: Darren Wilson will not be charged

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2014-11-25, 15:14

Rocinante wrote:A dude I know posted this and I think it's spot on:

"If you are silent about the systematic and habitual murder of black men by police, and you are silent about the excessive, militarized response to peaceful protests, and you are silent about the obvious miscarriage of justice that is the grand jury's decision, but you find your voice only to cluck your tongue about rioting and looting, I would just ask that you reflect for a moment on what your words and your silence say about what you value most, and then compare that to the story you tell yourself about what you value."

Brown's stepdad had something to say about the looting.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Darren Wilson will not be charged - Page 7 Empty Re: Darren Wilson will not be charged

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2014-11-25, 15:19

Too bad these Americans in Ferguson aren't armed to the teeth to protect their liberties.

Cause then the NRA's backers would purchase support among the right wing and we would have had a proper bloodbath to mark this tragedy and Bob and Bee would agree on stuff....(the dude would still be psycho)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-11-25, 15:30

Turtleneck wrote:

I completely understand, but please do not hide behind simply wanting "some government." The point of "some government" would be to ensure freedoms rather than take them away. Some government equates to limited government. The point of "some government" is not to imprison millions of people, or to determine moral and ethical values for individuals. The real problem might be that you cannot make the distinction between "some government" and overbearing and intrusive government.

No. I want innocents protected.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-11-25, 15:43

Toe wrote:

looks like some people don't agree with your opinion. It is just your opinion, right?

It's more of an idea than an opinion.

Everything is an idea, and contrary to popular belief nature has not given us a best way to manage politics. Even though some people think their ideological preferences are derived from the heavens or cosmos or some other magical place, it's all a battle of man made ideas.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2014-11-25, 15:46

Turtleneck wrote:

It's more of an idea than an opinion.

Everything is an idea, and contrary to popular belief nature has not given us a best way to manage politics. Even though some people think their ideological preferences are derived from the heavens or cosmos or some other magical place, it's all a battle of man made ideas.

In god we trust bro. Says so on our money!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by beal99 2014-11-25, 16:01

National Guard should have brought out that vomit ray just for the LOL last night
beal99
beal99
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2014-11-25, 16:10

The only thing I can take away from this thread with certainty: The_Dude is a freaking whackjob.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-11-25, 16:14

"If you are silent about the systematic and habitual murder of black men by police, and you are silent about the excessive, militarized response to peaceful protests, and you are silent about the obvious miscarriage of justice that is the grand jury's decision, but you find your voice only to cluck your tongue about rioting and looting, I would just ask that you reflect for a moment on what your words and your silence say about what you value most, and then compare that to the story you tell yourself about what you value."

Typical liberal fashion...ignore facts and embrace raw emotion coupled with mumbo jumbo buzzwords. Pathetic. Fuck the law when it hurts your feelings, right libs? Get whitey!
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-11-25, 16:15

duffy munn wrote:The only thing I can take away from this thread with certainty: The_Dude is a freaking whackjob.

Im trying to give Bob and Jim a taste of their own medicine...looks like its working. cheers
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-11-25, 16:29

The_Dude wrote:

Typical liberal fashion...ignore facts and embrace raw emotion coupled with mumbo jumbo buzzwords.  Pathetic.  Fuck the law when it hurts your feelings, right libs?  Get whitey!
Are you saying that the law is always right?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-11-25, 16:47

The_Dude wrote:

Typical liberal fashion...ignore facts and embrace raw emotion coupled with mumbo jumbo buzzwords.  Pathetic.  Fuck the law when it hurts your feelings, right libs?  Get whitey!

Interesting because studies show it is conservatives that are most moved by raw emotion.

Research has widely explored the differences between conservatives and liberals, and it has been also recently demonstrated that conservatives display different reactions toward valenced stimuli. However, previous studies have not yet fully illuminated the cognitive underpinnings of these differences. In the current work, we argued that political ideology is related to selective attention processes, so that negative stimuli are more likely to automatically grab the attention of conservatives as compared to liberals. In Experiment 1, we demonstrated that negative (vs. positive) information impaired the performance of conservatives, more than liberals, in an Emotional Stroop Task. This finding was confirmed in Experiment 2 and in Experiment 3 employing a Dot-Probe Task, demonstrating that threatening stimuli were more likely to attract the attention of conservatives. Overall, results support the conclusion that people embracing conservative views of the world display an automatic selective attention for negative stimuli.
http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0026456

Although political views have been thought to arise largely from individuals’ experiences, recent research suggests that they may have a biological basis. We present evidence that variations in political attitudes correlate with physiological traits. In a group of 46 adult participants with strong
political beliefs, individuals with measurably lower physical sensitivities to sudden noises and threatening visual images were more likely to support foreign aid, liberal immigration policies, pacifism, and gun control, whereas individuals displaying measurably higher physiological reactions to those same stimuli were more likely to favor defense spending, capital punishment, patriotism, and the Iraq War. Thus, the degree to which individuals are physiologically responsive to threat appears to indicate the degree to which they advocate policies that protect the existing social structure from both external (outgroup) and internal (norm-violator) threats.
http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1026&context=poliscifacpub
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-11-25, 16:58

Saw several unarmed black kids this afternoon, and despite what the MSM and those on the left claim, none were being shot by police.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-11-25, 17:03

LoneWolfSparty wrote:Saw several unarmed black kids this afternoon, and despite what the MSM and those on the left claim, none were being shot by police.

To really impress Bob you needed to add that you didn't feel the urge to shoot them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-11-25, 17:07

LooseGoose wrote:

To really impress Bob you needed to add that you didn't feel the urge to shoot them.

I kind of did though.....
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2014-11-25, 17:16

tig ol bitties wrote:

nope.   gonna take the dog for a walk and play some FIFA
The new one? How'd you like it? I suck online, but can just about still beat my 9 year old. I think this will be the last year though.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-11-25, 17:18

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

I kind of did though.....

You do like to kill stuff
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-11-25, 17:38

#facts don't matter
#Burnthismotherfucker
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-11-25, 17:47

The_Dude wrote:#facts don't matter
#Burnthismotherfucker

They just want peace.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-11-25, 18:00

Spot.. On???
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-11-25, 18:31

Who the hell moved this to the bin? Stupid. 

#handsupdontban #imgoingtoloottheshitoutofthisplace
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-11-25, 18:46

The sun is down, let's burn that fucker down!!!!!!!!!!!
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2014-11-25, 19:04

The_Dude wrote:

Im trying to give Bob and Jim a taste of their own medicine...looks like its working. cheers

Nope. You and Bob are just mirror images. Extremist that refuse to be even remotely objective.

Neither one of you are right. The truth lies somewhere in the middle of your radical views.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-11-25, 19:12

duffy munn wrote:

Nope. You and Bob are just mirror images. Extremist that refuse to be even remotely objective.

Neither one of you are right. The truth lies somewhere in the middle of your radical views.

What does Paul Pierce have to do with any of this?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2014-11-25, 19:14

Turtleneck wrote:

What does Paul Pierce have to do with any of this?

???
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-11-25, 19:18

duffy munn wrote:

???

You brought him up. I just can't figure out why.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2014-11-25, 19:38

Turtleneck wrote:

You brought him up. I just can't figure out why.

Still don't get it.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2014-11-25, 19:57

duffy munn wrote:

Still don't get it.
Paul Pierce was a basketball player known for his extremist views and refusal to be remotely objective.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-11-25, 20:08

Darren Wilson will not be charged - Page 7 Lemon-party_o_193544
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-11-25, 20:27

Cym Jim wrote:
Paul Pierce was a basketball player known for his extremist views and refusal to be remotely objective.

He was also nicknamed The Truth
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-11-25, 20:32

I am just glad all of this rioting is over something larger than losing to Duke in the Final Four or drinking laws.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2014-11-25, 20:40

The_Dude wrote:

Actually I'm right. The grand jury didn't even find probable cause. Bobs and Jims butthurt is off the charts and they simply refuse to believe facts. When you are they far gone as these current day liberals are its bad for everyone. Just look at the direction of the country and the mentality of our leaders. It's batshit insane.

So zero chance the cop acted inappropriately. None, zip, nada. Right ?

Do hear you tell it, you were there.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2014-11-25, 20:46

Turtleneck wrote:I am just glad all of this rioting is over something larger than losing to Duke in the Final Four or drinking laws.

It was my last semester when the Munn riots happened, missed all the others. I guess I also missed the fact that college (and sports riots in general) riots involve whites more then non-whites. Anyone have input on why that would be?
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2014-11-25, 20:52

duffy munn wrote:

Legally, if you read the testimonies and evidence given to the grand jury, it appears Wilson acted legally. I have yet to find evidence that says otherwise.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-11-25, 20:58

CheesySpartan wrote:

It was my last semester when the Munn riots happened, missed all the others. I guess I also missed the fact that college (and sports riots in general) riots involve whites more then non-whites. Anyone have input on why that would be?

Do they? I am not sure about the demographics of rioting to any great extent.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2014-11-25, 21:07

CheesySpartan wrote:

Legally, if you read the testimonies and evidence given to the grand jury, it appears Wilson acted legally. I have yet to find evidence that says otherwise.

Yes. It appears that way. Doesn't make it fact. I'm just don't get the people ( dude, bob) that think their views are absolutely correct. Again, somewhere in the middle is the truth.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-11-25, 21:14

duffy munn wrote:

According to the grand jury and evidence, doesn't seem like it. Plus there's an internal investigation within his PD to see if he broke protocol.

I know Monday morning quarterbacking is awesome, but according to the evidence, where exactly did Wilson screw up and what should he have done according to protocol?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2014-11-25, 21:28

Turtleneck wrote:

He was also nicknamed The Truth

flower
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-11-25, 21:31

So Heat Miser mist have visited the board...
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2014-11-25, 22:17

Black dudes suck at Frogger.

GET OUT THE WAY!  GET OUT THE WAY!!!!  DAYUM!!!!

#FroggerFail
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tig ol bitties 2014-11-26, 11:34

Cym Jim wrote:
The new one? How'd you like it? I suck online, but can just about still beat my 9 year old. I think this will be the last year though.

Really enjoy it. I also suck at it. I play maybe 3 games a week online. Get my ass kicked most of the time.
tig ol bitties
tig ol bitties
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next