Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Florida gun deaths vs Stand Your Ground Law

+3
MasonGuy
Rocinante
Cym Jim
7 posters

Go down

Florida gun deaths vs Stand Your Ground Law Empty Florida gun deaths vs Stand Your Ground Law

Post by Cym Jim Sun 27 Apr 2014 - 21:37

Interesting graph

Florida gun deaths vs Stand Your Ground Law Image13
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Florida gun deaths vs Stand Your Ground Law Empty Re: Florida gun deaths vs Stand Your Ground Law

Post by Rocinante Mon 28 Apr 2014 - 0:48

That graph is all fucked up. At first it looks like the rates fell drastically right after he law was enacted, but then you notice the scale on the left is backward....
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Florida gun deaths vs Stand Your Ground Law Empty Re: Florida gun deaths vs Stand Your Ground Law

Post by MasonGuy Mon 28 Apr 2014 - 14:33

I don't understand the Y-axis. The top is a smaller number than the bottom. Is this showing that the murder rate went up since they implemented Stand your Ground?
MasonGuy
MasonGuy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Note Mon 28 Apr 2014 - 14:44

It appears there is a learning curve. A lot of thugs appear to have been shot before the lessons sunk in.

Last edited by Green Note on Tue 29 Apr 2014 - 9:19; edited 1 time in total
Green Note
Green Note
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 28 Apr 2014 - 16:18

MasonGuy wrote:I don't understand the Y-axis. The top is a smaller number than the bottom. Is this showing that the murder rate went up since they implemented Stand your Ground?

That's how I read it. Further, it seemed to indicate that the gun violence rate was declining consistently for years prior to the implementation of the law. Raises the question of why there was a need for it in the first place. Legitimate concern of he citizenry, or false outrage manufactured by lobby? I'm going to go with the latter. And **** Florida.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Mon 28 Apr 2014 - 17:43

Green Note wrote:It appears there is a learning curve. A lot of thugs were appear to have been shot before the lessons sunk in.

You're a piece of shit.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Note Mon 28 Apr 2014 - 21:59

Cameron wrote:

You're a piece of shit.

Slow learners.
Green Note
Green Note
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Mon 28 Apr 2014 - 23:13

Green Note wrote:

Slow learners.

Yep, piece of shit.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMonarch Tue 6 May 2014 - 11:20

Florida gun deaths vs Stand Your Ground Law Hyg10

This makes it a bit easier to read.
TheMonarch
TheMonarch
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 4 Sep 2018 - 10:26

Stand your ground is legalized murder - often of black and brown people.

Florida man charged in 'Stand Your Ground' case says he has NO regrets about killing unarmed black man over a handicapped parking dispute
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue 4 Sep 2018 - 13:59

My takeaway from that article is that if anyone ever brandishes a weapon at me for any reason, I'm pressing charges. Could save someone's life someday.

Also, fuck that guy. Bury him under the prison.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 4 Sep 2018 - 14:05

yep - "Stand Your Ground" is basically designed to allow paranoid white people to kill black folks. This isn't news to those of us who pay attention.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down