Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by Floyd Robertson on Fri 25 Nov - 8:31

Check out Goliath on Amazon prime.
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by Floyd Robertson on Wed 30 Nov - 9:50

Netflix Is Finally Allowing You To Download Their Shows And Movies
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude on Wed 30 Nov - 11:43

The Last Kingdom is a well done Netflix series about Wessex, the last of the 7 Kingdoms in England to hold out against the Danish invasion, and their King, King Alfred.

The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on Sat 3 Dec - 16:10

What’s coming & going on Netflix in December 2016
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Mon 2 Jan - 6:06

The OA. Just watch it. It's kind of like an adult version of Stranger Things. I'm four episodes in.
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity on Tue 3 Jan - 14:02

The_Dude wrote:The Last Kingdom is a well done Netflix series about Wessex, the last of the 7 Kingdoms in England to hold out against the Danish invasion, and their King, King Alfred.

The books are great as well. I've listened to all of them including the latest which was just released.

Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

http://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity on Tue 3 Jan - 14:03

Upstream Color is an amazing film by the same guy who did Primer. Available to stream from Netflix.

Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake on Tue 3 Jan - 14:08

The Expanse on Amazon Prime Instant Video was pretty good. Check it out if you like Sci-Fi series.
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Tue 3 Jan - 14:15

Just discovered what looks to be a pretty great series now available on Amazon prime called The Wire. I don't think many people knew about it during its run. I've only seen the pilot episode, but I've got a good feeling about these things.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Tue 3 Jan - 14:22

tGreenWay wrote:Just discovered what looks to be a pretty great series now available on Amazon prime called The Wire. I don't think many people knew about it during its run. I've only seen the pilot episode, but I've got a good feeling about these things.  

Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Tue 3 Jan - 14:30

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Just discovered what looks to be a pretty great series now available on Amazon prime called The Wire. I don't think many people knew about it during its run. I've only seen the pilot episode, but I've got a good feeling about these things.  

Hey, what a coincidence! I think that guy shows up in the series. In fact, I like his work so much I'm thinking of using him as the spokesperson in my newest business venture touting the health benefits of wearing copper infused socks and other articles of clothing. I'm calling it: Joey Copper. Cool, huh?

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity on Tue 3 Jan - 14:36

AnomanderRake wrote:The Expanse on Amazon Prime Instant Video was pretty good. Check it out if you like Sci-Fi series.

Audible books were fantastic.

Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on Wed 4 Jan - 14:29

The_Dude wrote:The Last Kingdom is a well done Netflix series about Wessex, the last of the 7 Kingdoms in England to hold out against the Danish invasion, and their King, King Alfred.

I've had that saved on my Netflix list for months and never fired it up because I skeptical. Watched the first two episodes last night I was pretty blown away at the story and quality of it. I'm also totally pissed that they killed my favorite character in the first episode, although I get that it necessary for the story line.
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity on Fri 13 Jan - 9:50

In Order of Disappearance.

Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates on Fri 13 Jan - 12:34

I'm sure this was posted before, but the hubby and I got into shameless over Christmas time. We're in the 3rd season now and love it.
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine on Fri 13 Jan - 12:47

tGreenWay wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Hey, what a coincidence!  I think that guy shows up in the series. In fact, I like his work so much I'm thinking of using him as the spokesperson in my newest business venture touting the health benefits of wearing copper infused socks and other articles of clothing. I'm calling it: Joey Copper.  Cool, huh?
This guy can shine a little light on the series for you....

.....with a Cree LED bulb!

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude on Fri 13 Jan - 12:51

SeeRockCity wrote:In Order of Disappearance.

Lots of Norwegian shows lately.
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on Fri 13 Jan - 13:40

Hulu has Chance and Shut Eye that are decent about 10 episodes each.
Beyond was also on Hulu. Decent sciFi but not great.

Goliath on Amazon surprising and I hope Sneaky Pete is the same. Man in The High Castle has kept my interest.

Netflix new one The Magicians looks interesting but haven't watched yet.
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity on Sun 5 Feb - 10:07

Schitz Creek. Two seasons now available via Amazon (didn't check Netflix). Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara in a reverse Beverly hills hillbilly scenario. First couple episodes are sketchy but it picks up and is worth watching.

Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan on Sun 5 Feb - 12:38

The National Parks: America's Best Idea by Ken Burns
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Plax on Sun 5 Feb - 14:25

The_Dude wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:In Order of Disappearance.

Lots of Norwegian shows lately.

IOoD is great. I've been digging another Scandinavian TV series called Thicker than Water. Very reminiscent of the Netflix series Bloodline in that it's a "family thriller" also set on a waterfront property.

It's not streaming in the US but one can watch it with Kodi/download it or if you use a VPN, you can watch it on a laptop through the BBC4 website.

I think the French/UK tv series, The Missing, is one of the best shows airing currently. The first season is streaming on Amazon Prime and the second season starts airing very soon on Starz. Second season Already aired, overseas so it's also available through nefarious channels. Excellent stuff.
Free Plax
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on Sun 5 Feb - 15:39

"Case" is an Icelandic series that was pretty good. Never thought I watch something from Iceland.

Dr. Foster is an interesting psycho//sexual thing.
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Sun 5 Feb - 16:22

Floyd Robertson wrote:"Case" is an Icelandic series that was pretty good. Never thought I watch something from Iceland.

It had to be done:

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on Sun 5 Feb - 18:06

Binge watched Sneaky Pete this weekend. Very good. Ending was pretty meh, just like every other show, but didn't ruin the show at all.
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Plax on Sun 5 Feb - 19:28

Floyd Robertson wrote:"Case" is an Icelandic series that was pretty good. Never thought I watch something from Iceland.

Trapped is another great "Nordic Noir" series from Iceland. It's about to start airing on Viceland but also available through other, more nefarious options.

It's created by Baltasar Kormákur who has directed Contraband, Everest and a couple good Icelandic thrillers. Stars Olafur Darri Ólafsson, great character actor who you'd know from True Detective, A Walk Among the Tombstones, The BFG, amongst others. He's also in the second season The Missing which I recommended above.
Free Plax
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on Mon 6 Feb - 19:50

Free Plax wrote:

Trapped is another great "Nordic Noir" series from Iceland. It's about to start airing on Viceland but also available through other, more nefarious options.

It's created by Baltasar Kormákur who has directed Contraband, Everest and a couple  good Icelandic thrillers. Stars Olafur Darri Ólafsson, great character actor who you'd know from True Detective, A Walk Among the Tombstones, The BFG, amongst others. He's also in the second season The Missing which I recommended above.

Thanks for the heads up on those, hadn't heard of them.

Have you watched Nobel on Netflix yet? About 3/4 done and it's a pretty good one.
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Plax on Tue 7 Feb - 15:49

Looking forward to I Don't Feel at Home in this World. It's a film that Netflix bought and will start streaming on February 24th. Written and directed by the actor, Macon Blair. Blair played the main character in Blue Ruin and had a role in Green Room, as well. Here's the trailer...

https://youtu.be/a891D5_bGY4
Free Plax
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 on Wed 8 Feb - 10:56

I've been working my way through "The People vs. OJ Simpson" on Netflix. Cuba Gooding Jr. isn't a very convincing OJ Simpson, but the story and the acting are pretty solid.
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Fri 24 Feb - 22:40

Inside Job. Think of The Big Short in documentary form. The whole mortgage system is rigged. Deregulation has allowed massive corruption and it's only a matter of time before we go though the 2008 meltdown again.
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on Mon 27 Feb - 14:35

For WBH and Dwags. I hear they have been leaky lately...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B016ETQP8G/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1488224054&sr=8-1&keywords=depends+for+men
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 on Mon 27 Feb - 17:30

Not sure if already mentioned but I watched the people vs oj and it was amazing. The case is fascinating and this show just takes you to every tiny detail. Has anyone read a good book on the case?

Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on Wed 8 Mar - 19:56

Fortitude on Amazon. Small village in the arctic circle of 763 inhabitants has never experienced violent crime, until now. Stanley Tucci is pretty good.
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor on Thu 9 Mar - 8:16

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Inside Job. Think of The Big Short in documentary form. The whole mortgage system is rigged. Deregulation has allowed massive corruption and it's only a matter of time before we go though the 2008 meltdown again.
I knew it was a bad sign when I heard that smug smurf David Hall on the radio and TV again.
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh on Fri 24 Mar - 12:01

Blanch isn't good at webs and is asking if anyone has seen "Love", I have not and probably will not ever.

Second, a piece of history I've always liked studying was the Prohibition era and SIAP but Ken Burns did a good job on this three piece documentary for PBS thats on Netflix.
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe on Fri 24 Mar - 12:04

MattyFresh wrote:Blanch isn't good at webs and is asking if anyone has seen "Love", I have not and probably will not ever.

Second, a piece of history I've always liked studying was the Prohibition era and SIAP but Ken Burns did a good job on this three piece documentary for PBS thats on Netflix.

*lov3

That show looks so bad, not shocking Blanch watches it. He probably wishes he had a chick as hot as Gillian Jacobs.

I've had watery pea soup, it's AWFUL.
Uh, I've had gelatinous, thick pea soup, it's TERRIBLE.
Pea soup, much like clam chowder, needs to have that consistency first, that you can stand the spoon up in it, but the spoon soon tilts, that's the consistency you want.
Number two: Uh, pea soup on it's own can be a little bland. It wants, uh, a fairly aggressive peppering and salting.
Number three: Pea soup needs a fine dice of ham. Not bacon, not any other meat, not turkey. It needs a fine dice of ham.
Uh, number four: Uh, pea soup scorches easily. You don't wanna heat it on a high heat. You wanna heat it on medium low, just until it's warmed through.
Uh, number five: Pea soup is best made, uh, by hand, not out of a Campbell's can. And the key to pea soup, you want a ham bone, uh, for the stock you make, uh, to, to boil your peas.
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity on Fri 31 Mar - 10:27

Just watched The People vs. OJ

Schmaltzy, made-for-tv, pop culture glory. Proving that the worst aspects of Hollywood can still entertain.

Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on Sun 2 Apr - 15:11

Mental Floss‏Verified account @mental_floss 17m17 minutes ago
More
10 Addictive British Reality Shows You Should Stream Right Now — http://bit.ly/2mQTwaY

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stymie2000 on Mon 3 Apr - 8:47

Pontypool. Very good claustrophobic horror film. Sadly the ending disappointed but a unique concept more than makes up for the ending.
Stymie2000
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 on Mon 3 Apr - 18:58

Friday Night Tykes
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Thu 6 Apr - 9:47

The new Louis CK standup is pretty damn funny. Better than Oh My God.
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum