Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

+60
tTito
Dr. Strangelove
goodbar
Watch Out Pylon!
Da Mayor
Nordic
SawGreen
Jake from State Farm
Rodeo Burger
Stymie2000
MattyFresh
CaptainSlow33
Motown Spartan
I.B. Fine
tGreenWay
aualum06
Clarett's Folly
Robert J Sakimano
tanfan!
AnomanderRake
By-Tor
Herbie Green
Rocinante
DWags
NigelUno
StylesGShmooth
Tim Wakefield
Death Roe
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
WBill
WhiteBoyHatcher
steveschneider
Chitown_Badger
Stoops21
Ass Dan
MiamiSpartan
Bizarro Fletch
GirbaudJeans
AvgMSUJoe
Other Teams Pursuing That
CORNER BLITZ
The_Dude
Free Plax
Brock Middlebrook
Spartan Nachos
Cym Jim
LoneWolfSparty
Fallenangle
He Got It!
Cameron
Dendrobates
InTenSity
MSUgöat
Cool Runnings
AMwood
Floyd Robertson
Cosmo_Kramer
Osmo
SeeRockCity
64 posters

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 14 Empty Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-01-07, 13:22

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I haven't seen it but it's pretty clear they're talking about social media, no? The computer screen dude (seen in a meme) and the fact that it's called "bird box" (Twitter) and some people appear immune (trolls). I mean it's kind of on the nose.

I watched it. It wasn't that good. I have no idea why this movie is getting all of this attention.

Basically it's the Tide Pod effect.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 14 Empty Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-07, 13:24

Saw the first episode of Bodyguard last night. That first half hour was intense. Looks like there was a 6 episode season that was released last September. No idea if or when there’s season two coming.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-01-07, 13:27

tGreenWay wrote:Saw the first episode of Bodyguard last night. That first half hour was intense. Looks like there was a 6 episode season that was released last September. No idea if or when there’s season two coming.

I watched a couple of months ago. It was pretty good. I like how the Brits do those short 6 episode series. Perfect for my attention span.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-07, 13:35

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Saw the first episode of Bodyguard last night. That first half hour was intense. Looks like there was a 6 episode season that was released last September. No idea if or when there’s season two coming.

I watched a couple of months ago. It was pretty good. I like how the Brits do those short 6 episode series. Perfect for my attention span.

That works for me, too.
Although, come to think of it, I need to check to see if MI:5 is available to stream. One or two seasons of that showed up in the US several years ago, but then disappeared. The English series was on for several years. Of what I saw, it would be worth the investment of time spent watching.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-01-07, 14:20

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I haven't seen it but it's pretty clear they're talking about social media, no? The computer screen dude (seen in a meme) and the fact that it's called "bird box" (Twitter) and some people appear immune (trolls). I mean it's kind of on the nose.

I watched it. It wasn't that good. I have no idea why this movie is getting all of this attention.
Because someone at Netflix knew just how to play everyone.

Netflix has never (or at least very, very rarely) released actual viewership data. Then a few weeks ago, they release that 800 bazillion people or whatever have watched Bird Box (with only Netflix's word to take for that, and no mention of whether, if the number is remotely true, it counts it auto-playing for a few seconds as someone "watching" it). But, hey, the headline and the tweets said that 800 bazillion people have watched it, so people think, "OMG, it must be sooo good. I need to watch it in order to be cool."

So that viewership number, which was probably bullshit to begin with, becomes somewhat self-fulfilling.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-07, 14:26

"Iiiiiiieeeeiiii will always love yoooooooohhhooooo"....

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 14 146628990

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2019-01-18, 21:57

Grand Tour season 3 back on Amazon but only dropping one ep a week.

Also The Kids Are Alright on Amazon. I've seen it a hundred times and now it's 101
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-18, 22:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
"Iiiiiiieeeeiiii will always love yoooooooohhhooooo"....

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 14 146628990

It does not bode well for me that I opened with that song as Mrs. GW pressed play on the first episode of that show. That we share even a tiny slice of the same sense of humor makes me want to stab my eyes with a pen and pound my thumbs with a hammer.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-01-21, 07:36

Atlanta season 2 Hulu...
Tony Perkins is some weird shit.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-01-21, 07:49

Have you guys discovered iMDb Freedive yet?

There's a lot to watch on demand if you don't mind a few, quick commercials in your content.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-21, 10:06

Doing a trial of Youtube TV. They have the archive of every season of the Simpson available. Been revisiting the golden era and it still holds up.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-01-29, 19:36

Polar on Netflix. Mads Mikkelsen. Bizarre. Funny. Gory.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2019-01-29, 20:30

Floyd Robertson wrote:Polar on Netflix. Mads Mikkelsen. Bizarre. Funny. Gory.

Found it derivative, outlandish and predictable. Plus the open ended sequel bait was insulting
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-01-31, 19:51

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Polar on Netflix. Mads Mikkelsen. Bizarre. Funny. Gory.

Found it derivative, outlandish and predictable. Plus the open ended sequel bait was insulting

I enjoyed most of it though.

Anyway, I found another one last night. "The Angel", based on a true story of this Egyptian spy who fed secrets to the Israelis between the Six Day War and the Yom Kippur War.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-31, 19:57

Abducted in plain sight. I want to hurt people.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-01-31, 21:39

DWags wrote:Abducted in plain sight. I want to hurt people.

I can't watch that stuff.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-01-31, 21:43

Just starting the Pacific on Amazon. never saw it when it first came out
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-01-31, 22:10

Just got done watching that Fyre documentary. Good God, I got more anxious watching this disaster happen than I usually get at work when shit hits the fan.

The CEO of that company is a gigantic sociopath.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-02-01, 00:07

aualum06 wrote:Just starting the Pacific on Amazon. never saw it when it first came out

I never watched it. I was burned out after band of brothers. Let me know what you think.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-02-01, 00:08

Rocinante wrote:
aualum06 wrote:Just starting the Pacific on Amazon. never saw it when it first came out

I never watched it. I was burned out after band of brothers. Let me know what you think.

First two episodes are good. Not as good as Bob. Pacific is a whole different animal
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2019-02-01, 18:30

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Just got done watching that Fyre documentary. Good God, I got more anxious watching this disaster happen than I usually get at work when shit hits the fan.

The CEO of that company is a gigantic sociopath.
Fyre Festival was good. I must live under a rock cause I had never heard of this before. But one thing is for certain after watching this, I’m sure fucking glad I’m not a millennial.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-02-13, 20:41

If you really want to feel like a lazy ass watch "The Many Lives of Nick Buoniconti" (HBO)
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2019-02-14, 19:30

No one will get this if they don’t watch but I’m binge watching The Hamdmaids Tale on Hulu right now. I walk into the kitchen this morning and greet the family with “praise be” “under his eye”. I was expecting someone to say “we’ve been sent good weather, blessed be the fruit”. It’s a good watch so far if you like dystopian stories.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-02-15, 08:39

By-Tor wrote: No one will get this if they don’t watch but I’m binge watching The Hamdmaids Tale on Hulu right now. I walk into the kitchen this morning and greet the family with “praise be” “under his eye”. I was expecting someone to say “we’ve been sent good weather, blessed be the fruit”. It’s a good watch so far if you like dystopian stories.
Yeah, that one sticks with you.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-02-18, 13:02

[tw]1097543953275080704[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-02-18, 13:34

The punisher cancellation is likely another with the expectation that the Disney streaming channel will drive costs for Disney properties way up. I have no idea about Jessica Jones.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-02-18, 15:50

Rocinante wrote:The punisher cancellation is likely another with the expectation that the Disney streaming channel will drive costs for Disney properties way up. I have no idea about Jessica Jones.

Yeah never mind. JJ is also a Marvel property. Man that Disney channel is going to have a lot of content.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-02-18, 21:55

Finished the Pacific. I liked it
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-02-18, 22:27

Minimalism documentary on netflix. Solid.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-02-18, 22:30

I started Mile 22. And then I read some reviews googling a scene. And I stopped watching it. Critics were not kind to Marky Mark.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-02-18, 22:43

Nordic wrote:If you really want to feel like a lazy ass watch "The Many Lives of Nick Buoniconti" (HBO)

Amazing.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-02-19, 14:49

DWags wrote:
Nordic wrote:If you really want to feel like a lazy ass watch "The Many Lives of Nick Buoniconti" (HBO)

Amazing.
So, fun story....(didn't watch the movie, but related...)
Had no idea who Nick Buoniconti was (being born in 71)... But recently I saw something on him, maybe the CTE thing. Noticed he was from the same city as my dad. So I emailed Dad saying something like did you ever know this guy. His response was... oh yeah, he and I walked to football practice together for a couple years. They paired us up in a mentor big brother roll and he was mine for while in school. He probably wouldn't remember me though....
And that's how I recently learned my dad played football with a Hall of Famer in high school.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-02-19, 14:57

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
DWags wrote:

Amazing.
Had no idea who Nick Buoniconti was (being born in 71)... But recently I saw something on him, maybe the CTE thing. Noticed he was from the same city as my dad. So I emailed Dad saying something like did you ever know this guy. His response was... oh yeah, he and I walked to football practice together for a couple years. They paired us up in a mentor big brother roll and he was mine for while in school. He probably wouldn't remember me though....
And that's how I recently learned my dad played football with a Hall of Famer in high school.

Cool story.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-02-19, 15:18

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
DWags wrote:

Amazing.

That’s a pretty cool story, bro.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-02-19, 15:19

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I started Mile 22. And then I read some reviews googling a scene. And I stopped watching it. Critics were not kind to Marky Mark.

You have my attention. Please go on.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-02-19, 15:26

Like 1 and 1/2 into "The Umbrella Academy"... Ok so far. Socks aren't knocked off or anything, but a descent waste of time.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2019-02-19, 15:51

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Like 1 and 1/2 into "The Umbrella Academy"... Ok so far. Socks aren't knocked off or anything, but a descent waste of time.

I'm watching this with my ten year-old daughter and she loves it. I guess that means I'm committed for the long haul.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-02-19, 16:38

Clarett's Folly wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:Like 1 and 1/2 into "The Umbrella Academy"... Ok so far. Socks aren't knocked off or anything, but a descent waste of time.

I'm watching this with my ten year-old daughter and she loves it. I guess that means I'm committed for the long haul.
Is it appropriate for an 11 year old?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-02-19, 17:21

InTenSity wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

Is it appropriate for an 11 year old?

I was kind of wondering that myself.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2019-02-19, 17:30

You should try an ascent to more entertaining media.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next