Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 NYPD officers executed by unarmed black man

+19
Rocinante
Toe
Other Teams Pursuing That
CORNER BLITZ
Travis of the Cosmos
InTenSity
The_Dude
tTito
Cameron
HT
Jake from State Farm
MasonGuy
steveschneider
xsanguine
Snake Plissken
Cym Jim
Turtleneck
StylesGShmooth
LoneWolfSparty
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

2 NYPD officers executed by unarmed black man - Page 3 Empty Re: 2 NYPD officers executed by unarmed black man

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-12-22, 13:20

LooseGoose wrote:

While you use bat shit crazy people to argue guns should be illegal.    2 NYPD officers executed by unarmed black man - Page 3 2102841802

2 NYPD officers executed by unarmed black man - Page 3 4113017228 I don't think all guns should be illegal.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

2 NYPD officers executed by unarmed black man - Page 3 Empty Re: 2 NYPD officers executed by unarmed black man

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-22, 13:36

Rocinante wrote:

You know so much about black people.

Bro, his best friend is black.

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

2 NYPD officers executed by unarmed black man - Page 3 4113017228 I don't think all guns should be illegal.

Why should any gun be illigal?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2014-12-22, 13:41

Thread move...you guys suck.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-12-22, 13:45

Turtleneck wrote:

Bro, his best friend is black.
Did he stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night too? Who gives a flying fuck who his best friend is. He's a broken fucking record. Most of us can see there's a middle ground but all he sees is those damn liberals ruining his country. Well GTFO then.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-22, 13:45

xsanguine wrote: we're still operating on some 18th century idea of maintaining society despite the fact that we've had more advances in technology in the last 100 years than we did in the previous 1,000 years..

Technology has helped the state maintain its monopoly of violence. It has also been a great tool to further divide people into class relations that have proven to be rather antagonistic, and it has helped non-state actors acquire significant power that at times rivals the state.

Overall, while technology has played an important role in mobilizing people against government, it has also strengthened the capacity of the state and other actors that strip away freedom.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2014-12-22, 13:51; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-22, 13:50

Snake Plissken wrote:
Did he stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night too? Who gives a flying fuck who his best friend is. He's a broken fucking record. Most of us can see there's a middle ground but all he sees is those damn liberals ruining his country. Well GTFO then.

It's a joke....

2 NYPD officers executed by unarmed black man - Page 3 I-dont-see-color-My-best-friend-is-black1
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-12-24, 05:10

Toe wrote:

I'm just surprised he has a problem with those people expressing their opposition to "illegitimate monolpoly of violence over the populace".

Yes, I do have a problem with "those people". I have a problem with the way they chose to express their opposition.

Why is that surprising? And why the passive aggression?

Last edited by xsanguine on 2014-12-24, 16:18; edited 1 time in total
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-12-24, 05:48

Rocinante wrote:

I don't go to rcmb, so I missed it. You seem like a rational person. Can you really say that you think the outspoken moronic opinions of people who live in low income housing and happened to be nearby when these two policemen were killed are any more representative than the woman they used? I mean think percentages here.

Thanks, Roc... I think you're a rational poster also. Hear me out, here... cause I'll give you my honest opinion but I'm giving you my entire opinion......

Can I say that for certain? I suppose I can't say it based on any statistical data as I haven't kept any.
But if you asking my personal opinion based on experience from living and working the past 7 years or so here I'd have to lean towards yes and I'm not the most pessimistic person in the world, I can promise you that.  This neighborhood is full of people that are naturally just awful people to everyone they interact with. They  have no filter when it comes to their views on cops or white people moving to and living in the neighborhood. The vernacular used would lead to a serious problem if the tables were flipped based on the race of the utterer alone.
So this same neighborhood.... about 5 years ago a friend and I were going to ride our bikes down to the bridges for some night-time shots of the bridges and skyline from BK (my friend is a photographer). On one particular occasion 3 kids who could not have been older than 16 were standing on the sidewalk and as my friend and I rode by one of them waited till I passed and took a shot at my friend, knocking him off his bike. Now, despite it being about 11:30pm, there's tons of people out and about. My friend and this guy are going at it while he's trying to protect his bike, his backpack (full of equipment) and himself until I can get back to them to help out. No one out and about helps out, despite seeing kids from their own community trying to rob individuals obviously not having grown up in their community... and many of them find it hilarious. When I finally come back my friend already has his knife out and the kids are running off through the projects... we happen to see two beat cops walking down the street and we stop. We're out of breath and tell them what happen and they look in the direction of where they ran and go...."Oh, man... that sucks... well, at least you fought them off...."
A different friend, but  the one who's basement I was working in (and work in 4 - 5 days a week) has been jumped by several kids (16/17 year olds), in broad daylight... and very able bodied people standing around watching it. No one gives a shit.

This isn't just an NYC experience. I didn't grow up in no Detroit hood project or squalor but I would have certainly called myself a minority in many classes at Gardner and Everett when I went in the 90's. The types of shit that teachers allowed them to utter in class ("I fuckin hate ya'll white people!", "Ya'll honkies better not look at me wrong way today!" not to mention all of the random violence directed at any white person that'd walk by) would have lead to suspensions or expulsions if a white kid were allowed to say them in the same but opposite racial context. I certainly felt intimidated my entire time in school and it was part of the reason I hated school. The point being.... they say "it all comes from the parents", well my parents were liberal Democrats (and so was I until my mid-20's) who would have smacked me for making the most harmless of racial jokes. My entire experience around lower to middle class blacks lead me to believe, to this very day, that a higher ratio absolutely hate white people than the ratio of whites that hate black people. Many people disagree with me here.... but again, my experience with those people is that those people generally grew up in Okemos, Dewitt, Holt (or Sterling Heights or Livonia) and don't really have a grasp of the reality, just the narrative sold on TV and in media (which I've explained why I don't believe anything on TV beyond the where and when). Of course, that's just my opinion.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-24, 08:30

xsanguine wrote: This neighborhood is full of people that are naturally just awful people to everyone they interact with.

If people are naturally bad - their evil is rooted in human nature and not social experiences - a stateless society cannot exist. If people are naturally bad it is unlikely that they can be changed. This creates a need for a central authority to protect life and property. It is only if we believe that some social experience(s) has made people bad - not that they are born corrupt but have been corrupted - that the stateless society makes sense.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-12-24, 12:01

Turtleneck wrote:

If people are naturally bad - their evil is rooted in human nature and not social experiences - a stateless society cannot exist. If people are naturally bad it is unlikely that they can be changed. This creates a need for a central authority to protect life and property. It is only if we believe that some social experience(s) has made people bad - not that they are born corrupt but have been corrupted - that the stateless society makes sense.  

TN, my brotha... I was being tongue in cheek. It's not as if they're running through the neighborhoods literally shooting everyone they see that bothers them. They're very vocal, is what I meant. They like to fluff their feathers a lot and run the gamut of proving their toughness.

Humans are, like all animals, naturally predisposed to survival... and the vast majority of humans need others in order to survive. If you're constantly pissing on everyone's cheerios, you're not going to survive very long.

Let's not forget that through removing incentives we've created that sub-society that's totally dependent and acclimated to not having any incentives to better themselves. Couple that with drug wars and state sponsored slavery that follows someone when their term is over... there's no chance for chasing any incentives at that point.

Besides, as we've discussed... I'm still at a point where I don't feel pure anarchy is what's best. I'm at that minarchist stage where I feel there still needs to be state organized national defense and policing.

Where do you stand in all that, TN? I've seen a lot of your posts that seem to indicate you share a lot of the same ideals and sentiments, but in a lot of replies you seem to take issue with my entire philosophy. Well, not *MY* philosophy... but the one I lean towards.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3