Remember this the next time you fork over $$ for "Organic"

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Remember this the next time you fork over $$ for "Organic"

Post by Dr. Strangelove on 2017-03-06, 14:01

Triple Sparty wrote:Anything I can do to eliminate use of chemicals is good in my book.

Organic doesn't mean chemical free.

https://www.sciencenews.org/blog/food-thought/organic-doesnt-mean-free-pesticides

Organic is a giant rip-off for the uneducated consumer.

But hey its your $ feel free to waste it anyway you want.

'Cause we done shared all of mine
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-03-06, 15:10

we buy a lot of organic produce, along with grass-fed beef.. free-range chicken/eggs with a high animal welfare rating, no added hormones, antibiotics.. etc.

5'10"
168 lbs
32X32
RHR = 42
BP = 110/68 mmHg

Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake on 2017-03-07, 08:53

The highest margin grocery items that Meijer (and I'm sure other retailers) sells are all organic/gluten-free. It's hilarious how much more customers are willing to pay for this crap when the vendor first costs are only slightly higher for the retailer.

Let's say we have a non-organic product that is $2 each with a margin of 10%. The organic version will cost retailers like 5% more but the customer will be charged $3-4 for it. We're talking like 2-10x margin improvement. Amazing.
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-03-07, 10:43

AnomanderRake wrote:The highest margin grocery items that Meijer (and I'm sure other retailers) sells are all organic/gluten-free. It's hilarious how much more customers are willing to pay for this crap when the vendor first costs are only slightly higher for the retailer.

Let's say we have a non-organic product that is $2 each with a margin of 10%. The organic version will cost retailers like 5% more but the customer will be charged $3-4 for it. We're talking like 2-10x margin improvement. Amazing.

As a frequent Meijer shopper, this info is good to know.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-07-13, 09:26

More than a million hens, filling barns at three per square foot. And yes, they’re USDA Organic: One of the largest “organic” egg operations in the United States keeps 1.6 million hens, and it continues to grow.

SARANAC, Mich. — Of all the cartons of organic eggs sold in the United States, more than 1 in 10 originates from a complex here that houses more than 1.6 million hens.

They’re sold under the Eggland’s Best label.

“The entire process is organic,” Greg Herbruck, president of Herbruck's Poultry Ranch says in a promotional video.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/07/13/more-than-a-million-hens-filling-barns-at-three-per-square-foot-and-yes-theyre-usda-organic/?utm_term=.69d29d90dd53

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar on 2017-07-13, 09:36

Turtleneck wrote:More than a million hens, filling barns at three per square foot. And yes, they’re USDA Organic: One of the largest “organic” egg operations in the United States keeps 1.6 million hens, and it continues to grow.

SARANAC, Mich. — Of all the cartons of organic eggs sold in the United States, more than 1 in 10 originates from a complex here that houses more than 1.6 million hens.

They’re sold under the Eggland’s Best label.

“The entire process is organic,” Greg Herbruck, president of Herbruck's Poultry Ranch says in a promotional video.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/07/13/more-than-a-million-hens-filling-barns-at-three-per-square-foot-and-yes-theyre-usda-organic/?utm_term=.69d29d90dd53

they've passed my organic test...but until they check off my 'artisinal' requirement, I will not be purchasing.
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum