Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016

+30
GRR Spartan
HT
Turtleneck
InTenSity
Other Teams Pursuing That
green night
Vlad
Giant Moose
Heat Miser
Stoops21
Nordic
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
The_Dude
NigelUno
He Got It!
Tim Wakefield
CORNER BLITZ
The Pantry
kingstonlake
Herbie Green
SpartanInNH
tTito
Rocinante
Ass Dan
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
34 posters

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016

Post by steveschneider 2015-02-19, 14:16

Ass Dan wrote:

That's because you're dumb

If it were a job interview and someone accepted offer and then said they weren't sure a day later they wouldn't get the job.

He's too wishy washy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016

Post by Guest 2015-02-20, 04:15

Yeah, I'll take a 3rd Allen brother.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2015/02/19/michigan-state-spartans-football-recruiting/23720287/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-02-21, 08:43

Andre Rison talks about his son, 2017 WR Hunter Rison, and the recruitment process.

ANN ARBOR, MI - Andre Rison made a name for himself playing football at Michigan State before a successful NFL career.

He'll tell you he's still a Spartan who bleeds green and white to this day. He also says he'll stand by his son, Hunter Rison, no matter what college he chooses to attend in 2017.

"We discuss things and I'm not pushing him toward a school," Andre said. "Of course, I'm a former Spartan and current Spartan alumni, but it's on him. I think he has the skill set to play anywhere without question. He wants to be the best player in not only the state but in the country."

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2015/02/former_michigan_state_star_and.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-02-21, 09:11

steveschneider wrote:

If it were a job interview and someone accepted offer and then said they weren't sure a day later they wouldn't get the job.

He's too wishy washy.

Not if it was a common industry practice. He's 16 years old, take a pill.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-02-21, 11:30

Turtleneck wrote:Andre Rison talks about his son, 2017 WR Hunter Rison, and the recruitment process.

ANN ARBOR, MI - Andre Rison made a name for himself playing football at Michigan State before a successful NFL career.

He'll tell you he's still a Spartan who bleeds green and white to this day. He also says he'll stand by his son, Hunter Rison, no matter what college he chooses to attend in 2017.

"We discuss things and I'm not pushing him toward a school," Andre said. "Of course, I'm a former Spartan and current Spartan alumni, but it's on him. I think he has the skill set to play anywhere without question. He wants to be the best player in not only the state but in the country."

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2015/02/former_michigan_state_star_and.html

Photo retouched with darker green?

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 2 16922843-large
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-02-21, 11:54

Ass Dan wrote:

Not if it was a common industry practice. He's 16 years old, take a pill.

I took a pill. I hope this guy goes green.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-02-23, 10:35

Cass Tech WR/S and 2016 MSU offer Demetric Vance has picked up an offer from OSU. While Vance says he has no leaders, he says MSU is among the schools he best connects with.

http://ohiostate.scout.com/story/1520405-vance-lands-buckeye-offer?s=145

"Most schools are recruiting me as a safety," Vance admitted. "North Carolina State is the only school recruiting me as a wideout. I like playing defense better. I'm interested in every school right now, and distance from home won't matter. I'm looking for the place I would be most comfortable spending four years at."

"I'm looking for a program with great players in it, and being coached by a great coaching staff," he continued. "I would say the schools I have the best relationships with would be TennesseeMichigan StateMichigan and Ohio State."
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-02-23, 14:02

Good article on 2016 MSU offer Zachariah McPhearson, who is getting lots of attention and comes from a pretty athletic family. McPhearson, who does not mention if he has been to Iraq, is a standout CB looking to play both baseball and football in college.

My coach told me that [Ohio State assistant coach] Larry Johnson wants to speak to me,” McPhearson recalled. “That’s when he told me that they wanted to offer me a scholarship. I was thrilled. It means a lot that they recognize my talent.”

The Buckeyes aren’t the only team to take notice. Since the close of football season, the cornerback has garnered offers from Boston College, Clemson, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan State and Wake Forest, with more expected to roll in as he travels to several upcoming junior days.

Preceding him will be a reputation of success on the field that includes his father, Gerrick Sr., who played at Boston College, and older brothers Gerrick Jr. (Maryland), Derrick (Illinois), Emmanuel (New Mexico State) and Jeremiah (Indiana University at Pennsylvania). But also guiding him will be the advice of his brother Matt, who was drafted out of Riverdale Baptist in the fourth round of the 2013 MLB Draft.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/recruiting-insider/wp/2015/02/23/riverdale-baptist-db-zechariah-mcphearson-picks-up-steam-on-the-recruiting-trail/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-02-23, 14:07

Another write-up on Rison and his son. 

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/23/spartan-for-life-andre-rison-not-pushing-michigan-state-on-his-son/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-02-24, 21:12

Auston Robertson Names Leader

Four star 2016 Defensive End Auston Robertson, from Fort Wayne, Indiana, named Michigan State his leader. His top three in order are Michigan State, Ohio State, and Notre Dame.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-02-25, 08:01

Heat Miser wrote:Auston Robertson Names Leader

Nice! Does anyone feel like we go against OSU a lot more than Michigan for recruits now?

I feel like the last time we had a serious MSU-UM recruiting battle was Malik McDowell, and besides Brian Cole, I feel like MSU and Michigan weren't in on the same recruits in last year's class.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-02-25, 10:50

SpartanHT wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:Auston Robertson Names Leader

Nice! Does anyone feel like we go against OSU a lot more than Michigan for recruits now?

I feel like the last time we had a serious MSU-UM recruiting battle was Malik McDowell, and besides Brian Cole, I feel like MSU and Michigan weren't in on the same recruits in last year's class.

SCum was never in on Malik. They were in on his mom.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-02-25, 16:13

Matt Allen has verballed per 247. tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 2 1486952199

We are set at C for the rest of the decade.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro 2015-02-25, 16:40

Heat Miser wrote:Matt Allen has verballed per 247. tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 2 1486952199

cheers Should we just rename the center position Allen? So we have Tackle-Guard-Allen-Guard-Tackle.
gomersbro
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-02-25, 16:53

Is that a third Allen brother, or a coincidence?

Do we have all the Bullough's right now?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-02-25, 16:55

gomersbro wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:Matt Allen has verballed per 247. tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 2 1486952199

cheers Should we just rename the center position Allen? So we have Tackle-Guard-Allen-Guard-Tackle.

In all seriousness, the 3 of them could endow that scholarship. The Allen Family Spartan Football Center Position Scholarship.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-02-25, 18:15

gomersbro wrote:

I like this idea. 2021 season opener - "Starting at Allen for Michigan is Zeke Fowler"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-02-25, 18:43

A tTwitters hint that another is on the way??

Curtis Blackwell II ‏@MSUrecruiter 4m4 minutes ago

It's About to Go Down!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-02-25, 20:02

LooseGoose wrote:A tTwitters hint that another is on the way??

Curtis Blackwell II ‏@MSUrecruiter 4m4 minutes ago

It's About to Go Down!

Auston Robinson, Chris Evans, Messiah DeWeaver, or Donnie Corley?

Would love for this class to get some more momentum. Get a few recruits in so that they can help recruit other players at events like the spring game.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-02-25, 20:15

Robinson has said he's announcing on June 7th, so probably not him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-02-26, 11:30

2016 MSU offer Cole Van Lanen talks MSU.

One of the top players on Michigan State's board for 2016 is Green Bay (Wis.) Bay Port offense lineman Cole Van Lanen. The 6-foot-5, 270-pound prospect currently holds offers from MSU, Wisconsin and Iowa among others. He is the No. 2 prospect in Wisconsin and the #36 offensive tackle prospect in the nation for the class of 2016.
Offensive line recruiting is top priority for MSU and the staff has identified a few key prospects as "Plan A" for the class of 2016. Van Lanen was offered by MSU in January shortly after area recruiter Brad Salem visited his high school.
"I like the Spartans and it's definitely a school to consider, but I'm leaving all options on the table right now and not putting anybody on top yet," Van Lanen said. "I went to a game last fall and really enjoyed it. Coach Staten and I talk regularly."
One aspect that Van Lanen likes about MSU is its well respected criminal justice program.
http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2015/02/26/michigan-state-spartans-football-recruiting/24041597/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-02-26, 13:00

Beth Long ‏@Beth_Long 48m48 minutes ago

.@FremdVikings junior Kenney Lyke tells me he just added an offer from #MichiganState http://michiganstate.scout.com/player/8227442n-kenneth-lyke … @Kenney_Trill14
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-02-26, 14:10

Jonathan Sutherland, a 2016 athlete that recently moved to the US from Canada, is getting a lot of interest and wants to visit MSU. 

http://recruiting.scout.com/story/1521506-sutherland-interested-in-several?s=73
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-02-26, 17:16

Turtleneck wrote:2016 MSU offer Cole Van Lanen talks MSU.

One of the top players on Michigan State's board for 2016 is Green Bay (Wis.) Bay Port offense lineman Cole Van Lanen. The 6-foot-5, 270-pound prospect currently holds offers from MSU, Wisconsin and Iowa among others. He is the No. 2 prospect in Wisconsin and the #36 offensive tackle prospect in the nation for the class of 2016.
Offensive line recruiting is top priority for MSU and the staff has identified a few key prospects as "Plan A" for the class of 2016. Van Lanen was offered by MSU in January shortly after area recruiter Brad Salem visited his high school.
"I like the Spartans and it's definitely a school to consider, but I'm leaving all options on the table right now and not putting anybody on top yet," Van Lanen said. "I went to a game last fall and really enjoyed it. Coach Staten and I talk regularly."
One aspect that Van Lanen likes about MSU is its well respected criminal justice program.
http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2015/02/26/michigan-state-spartans-football-recruiting/24041597/

I would love pulling him out from under Wisconsin. They don't have much talent in their state (not to mention the guys we've gotten from there have been alright for us), and it would be great to pillage the state a bit more and weaken that program.

Coach D and Coach Salem should sell him on the schedule and exposure he'll get in the B1G East, and of course, our criminal justice program.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-02-26, 17:30

SpartanHT wrote:

I would love pulling him out from under Wisconsin. They don't have much talent in their state (not to mention the guys we've gotten from there have been alright for us), and it would be great to pillage the state a bit more and weaken that program.

Interesting that you say that. Saw this earlier today...

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/2/26/8069895/nfl-draft-picks-map-recruits

When people complain about recruiting ratings missing on some players, they often use the Badgers in general and Watt in particular as examples. And there could be something to it.
Four non-blue-chip prospects out of Wisconsin have been drafted in the first round over the past decade. All four of them went to Wisconsin, though that will likely change thanks to former three-star Michigan State corner Trae Waynes.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-02-26, 17:37

Turtleneck wrote:

Interesting that you say that. Saw this earlier today...

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/2/26/8069895/nfl-draft-picks-map-recruits

When people complain about recruiting ratings missing on some players, they often use the Badgers in general and Watt in particular as examples. And there could be something to it.
Four non-blue-chip prospects out of Wisconsin have been drafted in the first round over the past decade. All four of them went to Wisconsin, though that will likely change thanks to former three-star Michigan State corner Trae Waynes.

Besides Watt, how good have their first-rounders been in the NFL?

I'm very surprised how well they keep in-state talent, too. You'd think with the history of linemen out of that state, big programs would be hitting that state harder.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-02-27, 11:00

Arkansas getting in on 2016 MSU offer Thiyo Lukusa. I am only posting the article because I wonder if Enos will give Arkansas a bump in battling for Midwest recruits. I do not know where Enos will be assigned, but he obviously has connections in the region.

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2015/feb/27/pittman-impresses-michigan-lineman-2015/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-02-27, 13:45

Michigan State football coach Mark Dantonio extended scholarship offers to two new prospects this week: athlete Chris Evans of Ben Davis High School in Indianapolis and defensive back Kenny Lyke of Fremd High School in Palentine, Ill.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2015/02/27/michigan-state-football-recruiting/24114971/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-02-27, 16:18

Adam Friedman ‏@RivalsFriedman 6h6 hours ago

#MichiganState offered DB Andrew Pryts last night http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Andrew-Pryts-156528 … @Bpryts30 @JimComparoni
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-03-02, 16:23

Chicago Tribune on the Matt Allen commitment.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/burr-ridge/sports/ct-dch-fbl-hince-tl-0305-20150302-story.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-03-02, 16:24

Turtleneck wrote:Chicago Tribune on the Matt Allen commitment.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/burr-ridge/sports/ct-dch-fbl-hince-tl-0305-20150302-story.html

Never hurts have a little pub in the Trib.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-03-02, 16:31

Sometimes they do a better job of covering MSU than the Ann Arbor papers in Detroit.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-03-04, 08:12

Alabama gets in on 2016 MSU offer Michael Menet. 

http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2015/03/alabama_offers_top_penn_state.html

Meanwhile, PSU is getting in on two MSU recruits. 2016 MSU offer Zechariah McPherson picked up an offer from PSU, and 2016 offer Kenny Lyke will take a visit to PSU. 

http://victorybellrings.com/2015/03/03/penn-state-daily-recruiting-updates-links-3315/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-03-06, 10:15

MSU hosted a range of offers and targets at the Purdue game.

The 6-foot-2, 180-pound Corley is the No. 2-ranked player in the state of Michigan and No. 95 overall in the 2016 class, according to 247sports composite. In addition to Michigan State, Corley has offers from Ohio State, Alabama, LSU, Notre Dame, Ole Miss, Wisconsin, Tennessee, Michigan and Iowa.

Offensive tackle Alaric Jackson (6-7, 285) and outside linebacker Jalen Cochran (6-4, 225) were also at the basketball game on unofficial visits.

Jackson, from Detroit's Renaissance High School, is the No. 9 player in the Great Lakes State in the 2016 class and holds offers from Nebraska, Illinois, Kansas, Eastern Michigan and Toledo.

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2015/03/michigan_state_football_recrui_34.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-03-06, 10:23

Trieu: MSU target Evans a versatile speedster

"My interest level in Michigan State is really high," he said. "The things I like about it is good winning seasons, and they have great running backs coming out of there and great coaches. They have great speed at Michigan State, too."

We're RBU, baby.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-03-09, 10:11

Lyke now getting interest from OSU. As mentioned above, he recently visited PSU.

Three-star class of 2016 safety Kenney Lyke will visit Ohio State tomorrow. A relatively new name to the Buckeyes prospect list, Lyke, who trains with Core 6 out of Illinois, has yet to receive a scholarship offer from the national champs. Michigan State, Iowa, and Pittsburgh are just a few of the schools who have offered the 6'2, 185-pound Fremd High (IL) junior so far.

http://www.landgrantholyland.com/2015/3/9/8172259/ohio-state-recruiting-state-secrets-ahmir-mitchell
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-03-11, 15:18

It sounds like 2016 WR Malik Bramley would not mind an offer from MSU. However, it sounds like he has some work to do to earn additional offers. 

"I'm hoping to get more offers, and I'm talking with a few other schools," he continued. "Purdue, Iowa, Michigan State, Michigan and Ball State are a few of the schools I'm talking to. They all want to see me in camp, and I plan on going there this summer. Of all the schools I'm talking to, the one I really love is Michigan State," Bramley admitted. "I've always loved Michigan State football, and that would be my dream school. I would love to have that offer."

http://toledo.scout.com/story/1526126-bramley-holds-one-offer
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-03-11, 15:20

Turtleneck wrote:Lyke now getting interest from OSU. As mentioned above, he recently visited PSU.

Three-star class of 2016 safety Kenney Lyke will visit Ohio State tomorrow. A relatively new name to the Buckeyes prospect list, Lyke, who trains with Core 6 out of Illinois, has yet to receive a scholarship offer from the national champs. Michigan State, Iowa, and Pittsburgh are just a few of the schools who have offered the 6'2, 185-pound Fremd High (IL) junior so far.

http://www.landgrantholyland.com/2015/3/9/8172259/ohio-state-recruiting-state-secrets-ahmir-mitchell

Seems pretty clears Urban is gonna offer anybody in Ohio that Coach D does.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-03-11, 15:25

Heat Miser wrote:

Seems pretty clears Urban is gonna offer anybody in Ohio that Coach D does.

Wasn't that his MO at UF? He wasn't good at finding talent, but he would make the offers that Saban and Miles would, or whoever the other good coaches were. I thought I had heard that before.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-03-11, 15:42

InTenSity wrote:

Wasn't that his MO at UF? He wasn't good at finding talent, but he would make the offers that Saban and Miles would, or whoever the other good coaches were. I thought I had heard that before.

Nothing wrong with that at all. Had Brady Hoke followed that rule he might still have a job.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next