Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Better Call Saul

+28
Dr. Strangelove
Death Roe
StylesGShmooth
Blaine Fabin
xsanguine
Tim Wakefield
Cameron
Turtleneck
tGreenWay
Bizarro Fletch
MiamiSpartan
Marc Summers
Rodeo Burger
Travis of the Cosmos
WhiteBoyHatcher
Code_Warrior
CORNER BLITZ
Nordic
Frank Ricard
tTito
Cym Jim
Watch Out Pylon!
HT
Ass Dan
The_Dude
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
32 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Better Call Saul - Page 5 Empty Re: Better Call Saul

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-05-08, 23:23

Yeah, Chuck was great in terms of acting. Fucking arrogant prick. I hate him so much and that's a testament to McKean.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2017-05-09, 07:16

Hard to believe that is Squiggy and David St. Hubbins.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-05-09, 08:00

I'm almost done with season 1, trying to watch the finale tomorrow. Chuck is a fucking prick, and from what I've seen in this thread, it just keeps going.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2017-05-09, 08:11

Sorry McKean was Lenny not Squiggy
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-05-09, 08:13

Also Tesler on Curb.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-05-09, 10:54

Last night's write up.

http://uproxx.com/sepinwall/better-call-saul-chicanery-recap-review/2/
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-05-09, 12:21

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Last night's write up.

http://uproxx.com/sepinwall/better-call-saul-chicanery-recap-review/2/

Great episode and review. Like the review said, I'm glad they spent the whole hour on the trial and it came to a head.  Mixing in Mike or dragging it out over another episode would of taken away from it.  The writing is obv great, but as the review points out, they way they use cinematography is off the charts.  That whole episode was spent in a court room and it was riveting.  I got more of A Few Good Men feel than Godfather II (never seen it)... including the late arriving characters to rattle the witness and the on stand meltdown. Even though it was very similar, it was very Saul.

Lavell Crawford lost over 100 pounds since Breaking Bad ended, as you can see from his much svelter appearance here

That was awesome.  My first reaction was, 'was that Huell? He doesn't look big enough.' Then he turned around with that shit eating grin.

Note that in the flashback, Chuck’s lie about the power company mistakenly turning off his electricity revolved around a transposition of numbers in an address — the exact same move Jimmy used as part of the con to steal Mesa Verde out from under him.

Little shit like this always escape me. Love reading about them afterward.  I had to go back and watch the tennis shoes hanging from the power wire scene again after reading one of his reviews.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-05-09, 19:45

Sheer brilliance. I am in awe of this episode.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-05-10, 07:57

This show leaves me hanging. The writing is just amazing. I hate waiting until next week. That courtroom scene was great, and kept me in suspense.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-05-10, 08:02

Just watched the latest episode last night. Jimmy got Chuck to admit he ordered the code red!

Previews for next week makes it look like Hamlin is going to make Chuck go back into retirement. I wonder... would Chuck get pissed off enough to start pulling some underhanded shit like Jimmy has done to him just to fuck with him?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-05-10, 08:22

I'm on S2 episode 2 now. Man, I'm starting to like this just as much as BB.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-05-10, 09:09

Floyd Robertson wrote:Sheer brilliance. I am in awe of this episode.

Agree. I can't decide if it is my favorite one yet, or tied for first with "Five-o". Fun fact I didn't know until I read the Sepinwall write up. The guy who wrote the Five-o epi (the one where it shows Mike back in Philly) also wrote this episode.

I loved the way Jimmy and Kim played the courtroom scene. I knew right away when Jimmy's assistant (can't remember her name) said the flight was 40 minutes delayed that they were pulling a Michael Corleone/Frank Pentangeli and flying the ex wife in to rattle Chuck. I think the parallels were very intentional.

But it was a red herring. And Chuck didn't see through it. Because he's an arrogant prick that is so much smarter than Jimmy in his mind.

However, her presence did in part lead to his meltdown on the stand. Is he going to let Jimmy embarrass him and paint him as mentally ill in front of his ex wife, who he still cares for? In front of his partner at HHM? In front of the board (Kim of Jimmy had mentioned in last week's episode that the people on the board were all cronies of Chuck's going way back)? Hell no he's not, he's Chuck.

Brilliant play by the directors and writers.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-05-10, 10:30

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Sheer brilliance. I am in awe of this episode.

Agree. I can't decide if it is my favorite one yet, or tied for first with "Five-o". Fun fact I didn't know until I read the Sepinwall write up. The guy who wrote the Five-o epi (the one where it shows Mike back in Philly) also wrote this episode.

I loved the way Jimmy and Kim played the courtroom scene. I knew right away when Jimmy's assistant (can't remember her name) said the flight was 40 minutes delayed that they were pulling a Michael Corleone/Frank Pentangeli and flying the ex wife in to rattle Chuck. I think the parallels were very intentional.

But it was a red herring. And Chuck didn't see through it. Because he's an arrogant prick that is so much smarter than Jimmy in his mind.

However, her presence did in part lead to his meltdown on the stand. Is he going to let Jimmy embarrass him and paint him as mentally ill in front of his ex wife, who he still cares for? In front of his partner at HHM? In front of the board (Kim of Jimmy had mentioned in last week's episode that the people on the board were all cronies of Chuck's going way back)? Hell no he's not, he's Chuck.

Brilliant play by the directors and writers.

That smarmy response Chuck gave to Jimmy. "You think bringing my ex wife in will rattle me? Is there any other questions you have for me or are you done?" Something like that. What a douche.

And then Jimmy tells him he isn't done and throws a second red herring at him with the phone in his pocket... without the battery. I was wondering how Jimmy was going to get Chuck to check his suit for the planted battery. There was no beating around the bush. Jimmy just tells Check to check his pocket, and he tells the panel that he had Huell plant the battery on him outside of the courtroom.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-05-10, 10:45

I rewatched the 2nd half of it last night. Here was the quote. Soooo condescending.

"Have I answered your questions to your satisfaction, Jimmy? Do you have anything else?"
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-05-11, 19:41

I'm on the season 2 finale. I binged half the season today at work, slow day.

I absolutely despise Chuck.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-05-11, 20:32

S2 is a good one to binge. Moves slower than S1 and S3.

I wanted Chuck to choke and die every episode in S2.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-05-12, 15:10

I'm all caught up.

I hated Walt at certain points, but he was doing it all for his family (at least on the outside...). Or at least tried to do it for his family.

I absolutely despise Chuck. The guy is just a jealous, hateful person who can't stand that his little brother is now considered a peer/equal.

What a fantastic show. Kicking myself for not continuing on after watching the first episode air.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-05-12, 22:14

Death Roe wrote:I'm all caught up.

I hated Walt at certain points, but he was doing it all for his family (at least on the outside...). Or at least tried to do it for his family.

I absolutely despise Chuck. The guy is just a jealous, hateful person who can't stand that his little brother is now considered a peer/equal.

What a fantastic show. Kicking myself for not continuing on after watching the first episode air.

Watch the end of Breaking Bad again. Walt did it for himself.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2017-05-13, 11:03

Cameron wrote:
Death Roe wrote:I'm all caught up.

Watch the end of Breaking Bad again. Walt did it for himself.

Yeah, that was one of the best scenes of the whole show. Admitted that he like it and he liked it because he was good at it.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-05-16, 00:06

More Saul Goodman commercials Better Call Saul - Page 5 3493939353
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-05-16, 00:19

When Rebecca went to the house, I was sure she was going to find Chuck hanging from a ceiling beam.

Also I figured that Nacho was stealing the 6th bar for himself. Guess not.

Unremarkable episode to further the plot. Good entertainment as always though.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2017-05-16, 00:58

Total setup episode but at least the pieces moved around the board.

Not sure if someone could watch Saul without having watched BB. Another fan service tonight with Lydia
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2017-05-16, 05:38

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:When Rebecca went to the house, I was sure she was going to find Chuck hanging from a ceiling beam.

Nacho is fed up with Don Hector.  The fact he kept the pill on the floor is telling.  He probably fills the capsule with coke.. Maybe he's the one who ends up causing Salamanca to be in the wheelchair and not Gus or Mike being the culprit.

Another question after tonight is how does Tuco get back to being free after this assault he did while in prison?  Seems that would set him back a couple of years, but who knows.

One of the best parts of the show is trying to outthink the writers of the show.

I think this was Episode 5 of this season, so it's halfway through.  Even tho this episode wasn't as dramatic as last week, it really moved the story along, including how Jimmy will get through his probation until he becomes Goodman the attorney.  So I have to wonder is this the last season of the show?  

I love the show, but you have to wonder if they'll do 5 shows to end the season, followed by a 2 hour end-of-the-series show to wrap things up.  It's moving fast enough now to do that. If there's a Season 4, then there's at least 15 episodes left. Really not sure there's that many shows left to complete the transformation without seriously slowing the plot to a halt.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-05-16, 10:59

http://uproxx.com/sepinwall/better-call-saul-off-brand-recap-review-saul-goodman/2/
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-05-16, 11:00

Frank Ricard wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:When Rebecca went to the house, I was sure she was going to find Chuck hanging from a ceiling beam.

Nacho is fed up with Don Hector.  The fact he kept the pill on the floor is telling.  He probably fills the capsule with coke.. Maybe he's the one who ends up causing Salamanca to be in the wheelchair and not Gus or Mike being the culprit.

Another question after tonight is how does Tuco get back to being free after this assault he did while in prison?  Seems that would set him back a couple of years, but who knows.

One of the best parts of the show is trying to outthink the writers of the show.

I think this was Episode 5 of this season, so it's halfway through.  Even tho this episode wasn't as dramatic as last week, it really moved the story along, including how Jimmy will get through his probation until he becomes Goodman the attorney.  So I have to wonder is this the last season of the show?  

I love the show, but you have to wonder if they'll do 5 shows to end the season, followed by a 2 hour end-of-the-series show to wrap things up.  It's moving fast enough now to do that. If there's a Season 4, then there's at least 15 episodes left. Really not sure there's that many shows left to complete the transformation without seriously slowing the plot to a halt.

Well, I don't think the show necessarily has to end with him becoming Saul Goodman, attorney at law. I think it just has to end before/on his first contact with Walter White.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-05-17, 12:18

As others said, not a lot going on in the episode, but it set up some things.

But for me personally, it was kind of an odd episode as I know that the entire premise most of it was bullshit. From the station not letting him cancel the ads, to this big contract with a bunch of legal stuff, to shooting a spot and getting it on the air the same day. None of that works that way. But, whatever, 99.99% of people watching won't know that, and the writers/creators are just working in a plot line. I'm sure people that are lawyers, cops, and other professions often see things in movies and TV that aren't realistic for their profession.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-05-22, 23:28

Kind of a meh episode tonight. Held my interest, but didn't advance the plot a whole lot.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-05-22, 23:31

Fucking Sklar bros in on the act now.

I see it. A split between Jimmy and Kim is starting to happen. Kim is having remorse. Jimmy is doubling down.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2017-05-22, 23:43

Faster please.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2017-05-23, 00:05

I thot maybe they might surprise us with ending the series this season if they moved fast enough after the courtroom episode. Obviously not. There's going to be a full season 4, which I imagine would be the last.

Still a good episode tonight, (I'm not sure if there's been a 'bad' episode), but it's going back to the moving-very-slowly mode.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2017-06-05, 23:17

Now that was a damn fine episode
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2017-06-05, 23:57

All shows need to strive to be as good as this. I actually hate seeing this come to a conclusion - I wish they could have started Breaking Bad after next season, giving us 9 full seasons of some of the best TV I've watched.

I'm assuming that the dead body Mike dug up is the driver Salamanca shot. Every scene makes sense and leads the story on, without giving up too much, too soon. The one criticism from last week was that there was no Fring. Next week will have more Mike and more Fring. They've set it up perfectly.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2017-06-06, 06:23

I'm assuming that the dead body is the missing husband of the black chick from the support group.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2017-06-06, 12:54

Dr. Strangelove wrote:I'm assuming that the dead body is the missing husband of the black chick from the support group.

I knew it couldn't be that because that body had been dead 8 years according to the black chick.  Over on tcock, someone got it - it's the body of the good Samaritan who was killed after Mike ambushed the driver to steal the money.

The giveaway on the scene is the lone billboard by the road where Mike hid until the truck drove across his spikes.  I bet Mike wants to anonymously give some of the money to his family somehow.

I totally missed the intent on this aspect of the show.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2017-06-06, 19:56

Frank Ricard wrote:All shows need to strive to be as good as this. I actually hate seeing this come to a conclusion - I wish they could have started Breaking Bad after next season, giving us 9 full seasons of some of the best TV I've watched.

I'm assuming that the dead body Mike dug up is the driver Salamanca shot. Every scene makes sense and leads the story on, without giving up too much, too soon. The one criticism from last week was that there was no Fring. Next week will have more Mike and more Fring. They've set it up perfectly.

IMO, it's not Breaking Bad, but to your point, Breaking Bad would have been even better had it followed BCS.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-06-06, 20:00

Great stuff last night. Kim is becoming legendary in my book.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-06-06, 22:32

Im getting caught up right now. Season two episode eight. Chuck just pitched the bank and mentioned the community reinvestment act as if it's some far off unknown thing. Look. Every fucking bank in the whole country is painfully aware of the CRA. They know more about it than they know about their children. That was a dumb fucking pitch.

Im out on this show. Not going to catch up now. Bye.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-06-07, 09:23

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Im getting caught up right now. Season two episode eight. Chuck just pitched the bank and mentioned the community reinvestment act as if it's some far off unknown thing. Look. Every fucking bank in the whole country is painfully aware of the CRA. They know more about it than they know about their children. That was a dumb fucking pitch.

You should keep going Travis.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-06-07, 09:25

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Im getting caught up right now. Season two episode eight. Chuck just pitched the bank and mentioned the community reinvestment act as if it's some far off unknown thing. Look. Every fucking bank in the whole country is painfully aware of the CRA. They know more about it than they know about their children. That was a dumb fucking pitch.

Chuck is an arrogant fuck who thinks he's the only one who knows anything, so naturally, he thinks he's doing the bank a plus one by letting them in on the big secret.

Chill, Trav.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-06-07, 09:29

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Chuck is an arrogant fuck who thinks he's the only one who knows anything, so naturally, he thinks he's doing the bank a plus one by letting them in on the big secret.

Chill, Trav.

That's a good point. Also I watched like 2 more episodes after that but I'm still so out.

I might put it on again in a bit.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next