Better Call Saul

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2016-02-23, 00:05

I wish everyone watched this show so that they would know why I'm calling them a squat cobbler, which is now part of my lexicon. But oh well.

_________________
I didn’t move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed.

2016 SWILL PICK EM (co)CHAMPION!
avatar
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 14088
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 33
Location : Right behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by The_Dude on 2016-02-23, 00:11

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I wish everyone watched this show so that they would know why I'm calling them a squat cobbler, which is now part of my lexicon. But oh well.

Was the 10 grand Mike asked Nacho for to pay Jimmy to defend Wormhole?
avatar
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Posts : 7171
Join date : 2014-04-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2016-02-23, 00:18

The_Dude wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I wish everyone watched this show so that they would know why I'm calling them a squat cobbler, which is now part of my lexicon. But oh well.

Was the 10 grand Mike asked Nacho for to pay Jimmy to defend Wormhole?

I assumed so. I was sort of busy doing a Dutch Apple ass video at the time tho

_________________
I didn’t move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed.

2016 SWILL PICK EM (co)CHAMPION!
avatar
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 14088
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 33
Location : Right behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by xsanguine on 2016-02-23, 00:35

heh, Travis.

_________________
Don't worry about what I'm doing. Worry about why you are worrying about what I am doing.
avatar
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 9634
Join date : 2014-04-23
Location : Hijackin' Threads

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2016-02-23, 00:36



Hilarious. Odenkirk is so good.

_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15022
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by Nordic on 2016-02-23, 00:48

Great episode. Chuck is such a dick.
The_Dude wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I wish everyone watched this show so that they would know why I'm calling them a squat cobbler, which is now part of my lexicon. But oh well.

Was the 10 grand Mike asked Nacho for to pay Jimmy to defend Wormhole?

He probably kicked a couple to Jimmy and kept the rest.

Great episode. Chuck is such a dick.
avatar
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6106
Join date : 2014-05-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2016-02-23, 20:44

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I wish everyone watched this show so that they would know why I'm calling them a squat cobbler, which is now part of my lexicon. But oh well.

Squat cobbler may be the funniest thing I've heard in my life. That whole interrogation scene, wow.
avatar
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 12343
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by Blaine Fabin on 2016-02-24, 16:55

If Nacho decides to off Squat Cobbler....Jimmy is going to have to deliver that fictional jilted lover to the detectives as suspect #1.
avatar
Blaine Fabin
Spartiate

Posts : 85
Join date : 2015-07-13
Location : Chicago

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2016-02-24, 20:41

Chuck is a fuck.
avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11614
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2016-02-24, 20:48

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Chuck is a fuck.

Here's the thing about chuck... We know how this story ends. Chuck is right. We might not like him, and that's the idea, but he's not wrong.

Also, you're a squat cobbler.

_________________
I didn’t move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed.

2016 SWILL PICK EM (co)CHAMPION!
avatar
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 14088
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 33
Location : Right behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2016-02-24, 20:52

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Chuck is a fuck.

Here's the thing about chuck... We know how this story ends. Chuck is right. We might not like him, and that's the idea, but he's not wrong.

Also, you're a squat cobbler.

Sure thing, Boston Cream Splat.
avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11614
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2016-02-29, 22:07

Nana and Bobo.



Love Jimmy.

_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15022
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2016-03-01, 20:21

I loved seeing all those phone lines lighting up.
avatar
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 12343
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by StylesGShmooth on 2016-03-01, 21:50

I was hoping Mike was going to meet Gus.
avatar
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 1197
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : East Lansing, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2016-03-02, 10:01

Watched the latest episode last night. Looks like Jimmy is about to split with the firm his girlfriend set him up with. Good. They were holding him back anyway. Probably won't be with hottie laywer much longer though.

Looks like Gus and Mike are finally teaming up too. I'm ready for some next level shit.
avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11614
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by Nordic on 2016-03-16, 16:02

Bump. Thoughts on last week?  This was the first episode that the pace of the show got to me.  I know they were planting a lot of seeds, but most of it could of been done in half the time.  And anything with Chuck makes me cringe.

Highlights...

Chuck talking about how is father "was the personification of good" and how he was "named after him" was pretty telling IMO.  He sees no evil in himself or his father, and blames everything on Jimmy.  I'll bet Jimmy had nothing to do with the missing $14k.  And telling Kim that story was him trying to manipulate Kim and drive a wedge between the two.  He's a POS that thinks he is high and mighty.

The Mike and Salamanca scene was awesome, of course. Mike is a smart dude and he cannot be happy about him being tracked down that easily.  Everything Mike is intriguing. They need to start speeding up the delivery on Jimmy/Saul a bit though.
avatar
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6106
Join date : 2014-05-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by The_Dude on 2016-03-16, 16:08

Nordic wrote:Bump. Thoughts on last week?  This was the first episode that the pace of the show got to me.  I know they were planting a lot of seeds, but most of it could of been done in half the time.  And anything with Chuck makes me cringe.

Highlights...

Chuck talking about how is father "was the personification of good" and how he was "named after him" was pretty telling IMO.  He sees no evil in himself or his father, and blames everything on Jimmy.  I'll bet Jimmy had nothing to do with the missing $14k.  And telling Kim that story was him trying to manipulate Kim and drive a wedge between the two.  He's a POS that thinks he is high and mighty.

The Mike and Salamanca scene was awesome, of course. Mike is a smart dude and he cannot be happy about him being tracked down that easily.  Everything Mike is intriguing. They need to start speeding up the delivery on Jimmy/Saul a bit though.


Yeah I wonder how Mike remedies that situation.
avatar
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Posts : 7171
Join date : 2014-04-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by Frank Ricard on 2016-03-16, 18:14

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Watched the latest episode last night. Looks like Jimmy is about to split with the firm his girlfriend set him up with. Good. They were holding him back anyway. Probably won't be with hottie laywer much longer though.

Looks like Gus and Mike are finally teaming up too. I'm ready for some next level shit.

Seeing that they just signed on for a Season 3 while they're only halfway thru Season 2, don't expect things to move too quickly. I can see things picking up the last half of Season 3 and the dramatic conclusion to follow. I would imagine Walt and Jesse make some cameo appearances.

Love the show, but because everyone knows the ending it can't drag on forever.

Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 655
Join date : 2014-04-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by Frank Ricard on 2016-03-16, 18:16

The_Dude wrote:
Nordic wrote:Bump. Thoughts on last week?  This was the first episode that the pace of the show got to me.  I know they were planting a lot of seeds, but most of it could of been done in half the time.  And anything with Chuck makes me cringe.

Highlights...

Chuck talking about how is father "was the personification of good" and how he was "named after him" was pretty telling IMO.  He sees no evil in himself or his father, and blames everything on Jimmy.  I'll bet Jimmy had nothing to do with the missing $14k.  And telling Kim that story was him trying to manipulate Kim and drive a wedge between the two.  He's a POS that thinks he is high and mighty.

The Mike and Salamanca scene was awesome, of course. Mike is a smart dude and he cannot be happy about him being tracked down that easily.  Everything Mike is intriguing. They need to start speeding up the delivery on Jimmy/Saul a bit though.


Yeah I wonder how Mike remedies that situation.

I think his immediate reaction was regretting that he didn't take Tuco out completely.

Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 655
Join date : 2014-04-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by Nordic on 2016-03-16, 18:21

The_Dude wrote:
Nordic wrote:Bump. Thoughts on last week?  This was the first episode that the pace of the show got to me.  I know they were planting a lot of seeds, but most of it could of been done in half the time.  And anything with Chuck makes me cringe.

Highlights...

Chuck talking about how is father "was the personification of good" and how he was "named after him" was pretty telling IMO.  He sees no evil in himself or his father, and blames everything on Jimmy.  I'll bet Jimmy had nothing to do with the missing $14k.  And telling Kim that story was him trying to manipulate Kim and drive a wedge between the two.  He's a POS that thinks he is high and mighty.

The Mike and Salamanca scene was awesome, of course. Mike is a smart dude and he cannot be happy about him being tracked down that easily.  Everything Mike is intriguing. They need to start speeding up the delivery on Jimmy/Saul a bit though.


Yeah I wonder how Mike remedies that situation.

That is going to be tricky for the writers since they are both in BB of course. Which makes it even more interesting. Looks like someone will be paying Mike's daughter in-law a visit next week. Doesn't look like she is going to make past this season.
avatar
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6106
Join date : 2014-05-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by Nordic on 2016-03-16, 18:27

Frank Ricard wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Watched the latest episode last night. Looks like Jimmy is about to split with the firm his girlfriend set him up with. Good. They were holding him back anyway. Probably won't be with hottie laywer much longer though.

Looks like Gus and Mike are finally teaming up too. I'm ready for some next level shit.

Seeing that they just signed on for a Season 3 while they're only halfway thru Season 2, don't expect things to move too quickly. I can see things picking up the last half of Season 3 and the dramatic conclusion to follow. I would imagine Walt and Jesse make some cameo appearances.

Love the show, but because everyone knows the ending it can't drag on forever.

For me it is not a matter of moving the story quicker. BUT last week's episode was awful for the Jimmy story line and was trumped by 2 minutes of Mike. That is not a recipe for success for the show.

Some of the best episodes in Season 1 were just Jimmy being Jimmy. I have no problem with that.
avatar
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6106
Join date : 2014-05-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by StylesGShmooth on 2016-03-16, 18:58

Gonna be interesting to see how Mike ends up with Gus when Salamanca, who's with the cartel, already now knows him.  

I think Mike just takes the deal, btw.  Can't battle withe cartel plus Tuco and Salamanca are both around for BB.  It still buys Nacho some time away from Tuco.
avatar
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 1197
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : East Lansing, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2016-03-16, 19:38

Nordic wrote:
The_Dude wrote:


Yeah I wonder how Mike remedies that situation.

That is going to be tricky for the writers since they are both in BB of course. Which makes it even more interesting. Looks like someone will be paying Mike's daughter in-law a visit next week. Doesn't look like she is going to make past this season.

She was in breaking bad so.....

_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15022
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by Nordic on 2016-03-16, 19:58

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Nordic wrote:

That is going to be tricky for the writers since they are both in BB of course.  Which makes it even more interesting.  Looks like someone will be paying Mike's daughter in-law a visit next week.  Doesn't look like she is going to make past this season.

She was in breaking bad so.....

The granddaughter was, but was the daughter inlaw? I thought he was taking care of her.  I'm not the greatest at remembering cross over characters.
avatar
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6106
Join date : 2014-05-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by Nordic on 2016-03-16, 20:08

Looks like she was in one episode, never question the WBH memory bank

http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Stacey_Ehrmantraut#Appearances
avatar
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6106
Join date : 2014-05-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2016-03-16, 21:10

Nordic wrote:Looks like she was in one episode, never question the WBH memory bank

http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Stacey_Ehrmantraut#Appearances

Ha, the episode she was in was "Full Measure". Anyone remember Mike's 'Half Measures' talk to Walt? Mike definitely took a half measure with Tuco.


_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15022
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by Nordic on 2016-03-16, 23:51

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Nordic wrote:Looks like she was in one episode, never question the WBH memory bank

http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Stacey_Ehrmantraut#Appearances

Ha, the episode she was in was "Full Measure". Anyone remember Mike's 'Half Measures' talk to Walt? Mike definitely took a half measure with Tuco.


Awesome.  I remember repeatedly texting  people "no more half measures" after watching that episode.
avatar
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6106
Join date : 2014-05-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2016-04-11, 22:45

Kim Wexler is a fucking bad ass.

_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15022
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by Tim Wakefield on 2016-04-11, 23:12

Great episode. The writing and acting in the show are top notch. Unlike a certain other AMC show...

Anyone else feel bad for Ernie? I'd hate to be anyone's bitch, but catering to Chuck would be horrible.

_________________
Camarón que se duerme, se lo lleva la corriente
avatar
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 3728
Join date : 2014-04-23
Age : 23
Location : EL

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by Nordic on 2016-04-12, 07:39

Definitely one of the better episodes of the season. Jimmy's storyline is picking up some steam and carrying its own weight.
avatar
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6106
Join date : 2014-05-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by Dr. Strangelove on 2016-04-18, 23:30

Well that was a cock tease of a season finale.

_________________
We can share the women
We can share the wine
We can share what we got of yours
'Cause we done shared all of mine
avatar
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 2594
Join date : 2014-05-15
Location : Dixie

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by Cameron on 2016-04-19, 00:04

Big time. I expect Gus Firing in season 3. Maybe no screen time, but I think his presence will be felt and we'll at least hear his name come up.
avatar
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 3308
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 28
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by Nordic on 2016-04-19, 00:31

I thought it was solid, not spectacular. But that follows the script of the show. Sets up next season and there was no lame cliffhanger. A little lame that Jimmy let Chuck trap him like that (at least that is the perception). I hate Chuck's character, but a necessary evil for the Jimmy storyline. I'd like to see Jimmy and Mike's storlines to get more intertwined like season 1.
avatar
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6106
Join date : 2014-05-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2016-04-24, 00:44

Finally caught up.

My thought was...for sure that Jimmy knew Chuck was trying to set him up. His behavior was too predictable. Jimmy is always ahead of the con.

The note on the car was definitely from an agent of Gus. No doubt imo. And it's pretty apparent that Nacho is double timing on Tio and working some side shit with Gus.

I love this fucking show.

_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15022
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by Nordic on 2016-04-24, 01:13

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Finally caught up.

My thought was...for sure that Jimmy knew Chuck was trying to set him up. His behavior was too predictable. Jimmy is always ahead of the con.

The note on the car was definitely from an agent of Gus. No doubt imo. And it's pretty apparent that Nacho is double timing on Tio and working some side shit with Gus.

I love this fucking show.

Yep... agree.. all fronts.

The Chuck scene had me confused at first. But when Jimmy did a walk off so quick, it is pretty obv that Jimmy knew what was up.


avatar
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6106
Join date : 2014-05-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by tGreenWay on 2016-04-25, 01:18

I wonder how the writers will have Kim leave the show. Does she finally reach a breaking point with Jimmy's skeezy tactics? Does she get disappeared? Goes back to corporate law life? What?

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 19478
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2017-04-07, 15:55

Everybody ready for the return of Gustavo Fring and Los Pollos Hermanos?  It's coming, bitches.

http://www.amc.com/shows/better-call-saul/video-extras/season-03/episode-00/better-call-saul-season-3-greeting-from-set
avatar
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 12343
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2017-04-10, 10:42

Tonight!


_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15022
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2017-04-10, 22:08

We're live on AMC.

_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15022
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-04-10, 22:20

I forgot how much of a dick Saul's brother is.
avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11614
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum