Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tiger Woods... C YA!

+33
Motown Spartan
Banks2Mason
El Jefe
StylesGShmooth
aualum06
MiamiSpartan
InTenSity
Frank Ricard
steveschneider
MSU addict
Robert J Sakimano
Herbie Green
WhiteBoyHatcher
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
BleacherSwill
pulling69
The Pantry
Watch Out Pylon!
NigelUno
duffy munn
tGreenWay
Heathens '87
GRR Spartan
Floyd Robertson
Turtleneck
SeeRockCity
Bizarro Fletch
Rod Porkmore
kingstonlake
Other Teams Pursuing That
LoneWolfSparty
WCSparty
37 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Tiger Woods... C YA! - Page 2 Empty Re: Tiger Woods... C YA!

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-05-30, 14:18

Everybody fess up.

Haven't we all been found sleeping in our car/truck while sitting in a turn lane with the correct blinker on and engine running?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-05-30, 14:36

GRR Spartan wrote:Everybody fess up.

Haven't we all been found sleeping in our car/truck while sitting in a turn lane with the correct blinker on and engine running?
I woke up face down in a ditch about 30 years ago and still have no recollection of how I got there.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2017-05-30, 16:30

I am a healthy adult, pretty clean eater, drink beer occasionally, but I take no medication.  

A couple of years ago I had outpatient hernia surgery.  They gave Vicodin for the pain, said take two for pain, as needed.  I wasn't in a whole lot of pain the next day but figure they must have given them to me for a reason, so I took one (not two).

The next thing I remember was waking up on the kitchen floor, bleeding, my wife screaming.  I broke three teeth as I hit the granite counter top on the way down.

It happens.

(True story)
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-05-30, 16:36

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Everybody fess up.

I woke up face down in a ditch about 30 years ago and still have no recollection of how I got there.

What did your breath taste like and did your butt hurt?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-05-30, 17:24

Heard on the radio on the way home that the story is changing to there was an accident, two blown out tires and other damage to his vehicle. No corroborating links online yet that I can find.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-05-30, 17:34

Went to a trash can party at MSU when I was a senior in HS. A friend drove. No recollection of us driving home, but woke up about five a.m. with the car in park and the motor still running on Mall Drive at West Michigan Ave. in Delta Twp. Still shocked we didn't get busted by the Eaton Co. Sheriff's Dept., but that was still a slow area at that time of night in 1981. These days, I'm certain we'd be caught and many thousand dollars in fines and legal fees poorer. Poor decisions all around that night.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-05-30, 17:43

tGreenWay wrote:Went to a trash can party at MSU when I was a senior in HS. A friend drove. No recollection of us driving home, but woke up about five a.m. with the car in park and the motor still running on Mall Drive at West Michigan Ave. in Delta Twp. Still shocked we didn't get busted by the Eaton Co. Sheriff's Dept., but that was still a slow area at that time of night in 1981. These days, I'm certain we'd be caught and many thousand dollars in fines and legal fees poorer. Poor decisions all around that night.

Probably that same year a carload of us were driving across Beech from Abbott to Hagadorn one Friday night for a party. About 1/2 way there somebody lights up a joint. We got pulled over a block east of Hagadorn for something, smoke billowing out the car. Cop asks where we were going and we pointed to the house a block away. Cop says have a good night. Rules were different back then.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-05-30, 18:04

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Went to a trash can party at MSU when I was a senior in HS. A friend drove. No recollection of us driving home, but woke up about five a.m. with the car in park and the motor still running on Mall Drive at West Michigan Ave. in Delta Twp. Still shocked we didn't get busted by the Eaton Co. Sheriff's Dept., but that was still a slow area at that time of night in 1981. These days, I'm certain we'd be caught and many thousand dollars in fines and legal fees poorer. Poor decisions all around that night.

Probably that same year a carload of us were driving across Beech from Abbott to Hagadorn one Friday night for a party. About 1/2 way there somebody lights up a joint. We got pulled over a block east of Hagadorn for something, smoke billowing out the car. Cop asks where we were going and we pointed to the house a block away. Cop says have a good night. Rules were different back then.

Soooo much different. I really do feel bad for kids just being kids.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-05-30, 20:48

Joe Rogan had good perspective on people like this. Sometimes people who have it all realize they're not happy. What's left? Your have it all..... And you're not happy. At that point you realize there is no hope. And when you lose hope, it's over.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-05-30, 22:15

Sounds like an opioid addict. Pretty sad and I hope he turns it around.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2017-05-31, 02:13

Floyd Robertson wrote:

No shit. The rules were 180 from where they are now.

Back in the late 70's, I was driving around with 4 other passengers in my car. Beer all over the place. Drove through a small rural town and as I was leaving town, got pulled over. Don't really remember being all that uptight-nobody likes getting pulled over, but there was no attempt to try to hide the beer.

Cop asked me if I knew the speed limit back a few blocks and I told him that this was the first time I'd driven through his town and he just said, "Well the speed limit is 25 back there and I had you clocked at 35. Just letting you know next time you're in town. Thanks and have a nice night". Didn't ask if we'd been drinking. Nothing. Just slow down next time.

As crazy as it sounds, drinking and driving was damn near a right of passage for many people my age, especially in small towns where everyone knew each other.

I will say that if that was far too liberal back then, I wonder if we've gone too far the other way now. $10,000 fine, fees, higher insurance, attorney fees, etc might be a bit too harsh for a DUI that doesn't involve an accident or injury.

Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-10-27, 13:34

ReenaCBS‏ @reenaninan   19 seconds ago
CBSN Now: Tiger Woods sentenced to 12 months probation. 50 hours community service. Random drug checks.

50 hours CS sounds kind of light.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-10-27, 17:48

And people wanted LJ Scott suspended....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-11-26, 18:42

I'm so excited! Tigers in the best shape he's ever been and playing pain free!!!! Domination around the corner!!

I put the over under at Augusta before he pulls the plug this year.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-12-01, 22:30

Does anyone really give a shit about this guy anymore? I mean I guess some do because they can't stop talking about it on TV and radio but I give zero fucks. Do any real people give any fucks and if so why.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-12-01, 22:33

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Does anyone really give a shit about this guy anymore? I mean I guess some do because they can't stop talking about it on TV and radio but I give zero fucks. Do any real people give any fucks and if so why.
Greatest player of our generation. What he can do on a course is amazing. Once he got the putting down he was straight to dominate. I'd love to see a comeback.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-12-01, 22:39

InTenSity wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Does anyone really give a shit about this guy anymore? I mean I guess some do because they can't stop talking about it on TV and radio but I give zero fucks. Do any real people give any fucks and if so why.
Greatest player of our generation. What he can do on a course is amazing. Once he got the putting down he was straight to dominate. I'd love to see a comeback.

Yeah this is kinda like MJ sporting a wizards jersey, though plus a couple of fistfuls of sex and substance abuse issues. I'll take a hard pass on the tiger show. Plus anyone who thinks this guy can last more than a month without an injury or a relapse is pretty much kidding themselves.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-01, 23:03

I don’t really give a shit that he cheated on his wife or had drug problems tbh. (To be fair it seems that we’re talking just straight infidelity not some weird ass control Matt Lauer shit. I think.) I hope he does make a comeback. It was fun watching him before and it’d be fun watching him again.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-12-01, 23:10

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I don’t really give a shit that he cheated on his wife or had drug problems tbh. (To be fair it seems that we’re talking just straight infidelity not some weird ass control Matt Lauer shit. I think.) I hope he does make a comeback. It was fun watching him before and it’d be fun watching him again.

I mean it's part that for me. I have a hard time rooting for someone, especially in an individual sport, if they're an unlikable douche. I've always found him to be an unlikable douche.

But moreover than that - do you all really think he can come back and be competitive/dominant? I mean don't you have to believe a bit to be interested or rooting for it?

I'll die on this hill, fuck you motherfuckers. Ok actually I'm getting a bit sleepy.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-12-01, 23:17

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I don’t really give a shit that he cheated on his wife or had drug problems tbh. (To be fair it seems that we’re talking just straight infidelity not some weird ass control Matt Lauer shit. I think.) I hope he does make a comeback. It was fun watching him before and it’d be fun watching him again.

He is playing professional golf this weekend after a forth surgery on his back.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-12-01, 23:20

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I mean it's part that for me. I have a hard time rooting for someone, especially in an individual sport, if they're an unlikable douche. I've always found him to be an unlikable douche.

But moreover than that - do you all really think he can come back and be competitive/dominant? I mean don't you have to believe a bit to be interested or rooting for it?

I'll die on this hill, fuck you motherfuckers. Ok actually I'm getting a bit sleepy.

Decent article in golf digest about his role on the Ruger cup team. May have been a glam piece but seems like he made steps towards being "one of the guys".
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-12-01, 23:22

WBH. The thing about golf is that he can come back. The thing about the last few years was never that he really lost his long game. It was his short game that left him. He's not going to dominate or be #1 again, but I'd love to see him win 1 or 2 more Majors, which is very possible. I don't care that he cheated on his wife. It sounds like he is a good dad, but an asshole in different area's of his life, which is to be expected.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-01, 23:24

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I dunno. Can I go from hitting a 7 on a par 3 to a birdie on a par 5? You’re goddamn right I can.

I don’t know how that’s relevant I miss golfing
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-12-01, 23:29

InTenSity wrote:WBH. The thing about golf is that he can come back. The thing about the last few years was never that he really lost his long game. It was his short game that left him. He's not going to dominate or be #1 again, but I'd love to see him win 1 or 2 more Majors, which is very possible. I don't care that he cheated on his wife. It sounds like he is a good dad, but an asshole in different area's of his life, which is to be expected.

No way dude. No fuckin way. Just because it's not a dick measuring contest let's keep the stakes small. I'll give you 3:1 odds he doesn't win a major in the next 3 years for $100.

So for an Enlightened Spartan like yourself that does not have a gambling problem that means that if he DOES win a major in the next 3 years I owe you $300 and if he doesn't you owe me $100. In?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-12-01, 23:35

Sounds good to me. Next 12 majors. My only hope is really the Masters, I think that is the only one he still has a chance at. I am so forgetting this bet in 4 years though.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-12-01, 23:39

Tennis > Golf
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-12-01, 23:40

I won't because I'm really passionate about the cause that I'm going to have you donate the $$ to - the NRA.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-12-01, 23:41

Tiger Woods... C YA! - Page 2 502811600
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-01, 23:50

I miss golf intensity is it still fun?

Tbh though I was hitting that wall I always hit in September where it’s time for a break because nothing is working at all. Problem is I’ve only had one round in two months so I’m totally over the break but I still have 4 months to go.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-12-01, 23:54

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I miss golf intensity is it still fun?

Tbh though I was hitting that wall I always hit in September where it’s time for a break because nothing is working at all. Problem is I’ve only had one round in two months so I’m totally over the break but I still have 4 months to go.

That's how I get. Come mid September I'm fucking done.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-01, 23:57

Mentally I wanted to keep playing. But in order to hit a straight drive I could only hit it 100 yards. Anything beyond that was in the woods or opposite fairway. My flub shit shots in the fairway go up from once a round to 5xs a round in the fall too. I don’t really get it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-12-02, 00:00

It's probably allergies.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-12-02, 00:04

My left wrist is fucked up right now. I can't twist it without pain. I want to play on Sunday. I've only played 5 rounds since Memorial day.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-12-02, 06:57

I have zero interest in watching golf on tv. I just can’t do it, but I’d love to see tiger return to the top. In my entire life he’s the only golfer I’ve had any interest in and I’d love to see him become the GOAT just to stick it to such a racist sport. Also, I think Tiger has faced a lot of unfair scrutiny. Who gives a fuck if he’s had affairs? He’s not exactly the first rich famous person to sleep around. It was pathetic to see the Ny Post treat it like a scandal and make all their ‘he’s not a tiger he’s a cheetah’ covers. I bet every single person condemning him never had a horny Swedish babe that wanted to hump them after they walked off the 18th hole.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-12-02, 06:58

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Tennis > Golf

As a spectator no question about it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-12-02, 08:18

steveschneider wrote:

I have zero interest in watching golf on tv. I just can’t do it, but I’d love to see tiger return to the top. In my entire life he’s the only golfer I’ve had any interest in and I’d love to see him become the GOAT just to stick it to such a racist sport. Also, I think Tiger has faced a lot of unfair scrutiny. Who gives a fuck if he’s had affairs? He’s not exactly the first rich famous person to sleep around. It was pathetic to see the Ny Post treat it like a scandal and make all their ‘he’s not a tiger he’s a cheetah’ covers. I bet every single person condemning him never had a horny Swedish babe that wanted to hump them after they walked off the 18th hole.

How is the sport of golf racist? Lol. I checked my usga rule book and I'm not seeing anything racist there.

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-12-02, 08:19

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Tennis > Golf

Outdoor ping pong bro.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-12-02, 10:15

gHost Spartan wrote:
Tiger Woods is one of those guys who, if he successfully came back and won a major, the media would go berserk and everyone would be back to loving him again, completing forgetting about the fact that he's a scumbag druggie who cheated on his wife with dozens and dozens of low rent bar whores. They'd build a statue. Meanwhile, a guy like Billy Bush who was with Trump on the bus had his career ruined over laughing at Trump talking about grabbing chicks by. the pussy.

But he's never used any form of performance enhancing drugs.....

You'll never convince me he wasn't on something. Every indicator points to him using. Chronic injuries to knee and back, mysterious lack of majors once a form of testing was announced, caught multiple times with drugs in his system while driving or in his daily life, etc. If that doesn't point to a guy who would use to gain an advantage I don't know what does.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-12-02, 10:51

I don't understand the anti racist comment either. Hell Eldrick is whiter than probably 90% of the guys on tour. Always has been.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-12-02, 10:52

It's kinda like saying we want Eminem to succeed to stick to all those black folks while he hosts the BET awards for the 19th time.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next