Tiger Woods... C YA!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Tiger Woods... C YA!

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-05-30, 11:42

Golf Digest‏Verified account @GolfDigest
More
The police report confirms Tiger's blood alcohol level was .000 in both tests taken: http://glfdig.st/EHPB3i8

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2017-05-30, 14:18

Everybody fess up.

Haven't we all been found sleeping in our car/truck while sitting in a turn lane with the correct blinker on and engine running?
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-05-30, 14:36

GRR Spartan wrote:Everybody fess up.

Haven't we all been found sleeping in our car/truck while sitting in a turn lane with the correct blinker on and engine running?
I woke up face down in a ditch about 30 years ago and still have no recollection of how I got there.

Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict on 2017-05-30, 16:30

I am a healthy adult, pretty clean eater, drink beer occasionally, but I take no medication.  

A couple of years ago I had outpatient hernia surgery.  They gave Vicodin for the pain, said take two for pain, as needed.  I wasn't in a whole lot of pain the next day but figure they must have given them to me for a reason, so I took one (not two).

The next thing I remember was waking up on the kitchen floor, bleeding, my wife screaming.  I broke three teeth as I hit the granite counter top on the way down.

It happens.

(True story)
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2017-05-30, 16:36

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Everybody fess up.

I woke up face down in a ditch about 30 years ago and still have no recollection of how I got there.

What did your breath taste like and did your butt hurt?

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2017-05-30, 17:24

Heard on the radio on the way home that the story is changing to there was an accident, two blown out tires and other damage to his vehicle. No corroborating links online yet that I can find.
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-05-30, 17:34

Went to a trash can party at MSU when I was a senior in HS. A friend drove. No recollection of us driving home, but woke up about five a.m. with the car in park and the motor still running on Mall Drive at West Michigan Ave. in Delta Twp. Still shocked we didn't get busted by the Eaton Co. Sheriff's Dept., but that was still a slow area at that time of night in 1981. These days, I'm certain we'd be caught and many thousand dollars in fines and legal fees poorer. Poor decisions all around that night.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2017-05-30, 17:43

tGreenWay wrote:Went to a trash can party at MSU when I was a senior in HS. A friend drove. No recollection of us driving home, but woke up about five a.m. with the car in park and the motor still running on Mall Drive at West Michigan Ave. in Delta Twp. Still shocked we didn't get busted by the Eaton Co. Sheriff's Dept., but that was still a slow area at that time of night in 1981. These days, I'm certain we'd be caught and many thousand dollars in fines and legal fees poorer. Poor decisions all around that night.

Probably that same year a carload of us were driving across Beech from Abbott to Hagadorn one Friday night for a party. About 1/2 way there somebody lights up a joint. We got pulled over a block east of Hagadorn for something, smoke billowing out the car. Cop asks where we were going and we pointed to the house a block away. Cop says have a good night. Rules were different back then.
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-05-30, 18:04

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Went to a trash can party at MSU when I was a senior in HS. A friend drove. No recollection of us driving home, but woke up about five a.m. with the car in park and the motor still running on Mall Drive at West Michigan Ave. in Delta Twp. Still shocked we didn't get busted by the Eaton Co. Sheriff's Dept., but that was still a slow area at that time of night in 1981. These days, I'm certain we'd be caught and many thousand dollars in fines and legal fees poorer. Poor decisions all around that night.

Probably that same year a carload of us were driving across Beech from Abbott to Hagadorn one Friday night for a party. About 1/2 way there somebody lights up a joint. We got pulled over a block east of Hagadorn for something, smoke billowing out the car. Cop asks where we were going and we pointed to the house a block away. Cop says have a good night. Rules were different back then.

Soooo much different. I really do feel bad for kids just being kids.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2017-05-30, 20:48

Joe Rogan had good perspective on people like this. Sometimes people who have it all realize they're not happy. What's left? Your have it all..... And you're not happy. At that point you realize there is no hope. And when you lose hope, it's over.
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2017-05-30, 22:15

Sounds like an opioid addict. Pretty sad and I hope he turns it around.
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard on 2017-05-31, 02:13

Floyd Robertson wrote:

No shit. The rules were 180 from where they are now.

Back in the late 70's, I was driving around with 4 other passengers in my car. Beer all over the place. Drove through a small rural town and as I was leaving town, got pulled over. Don't really remember being all that uptight-nobody likes getting pulled over, but there was no attempt to try to hide the beer.

Cop asked me if I knew the speed limit back a few blocks and I told him that this was the first time I'd driven through his town and he just said, "Well the speed limit is 25 back there and I had you clocked at 35. Just letting you know next time you're in town. Thanks and have a nice night". Didn't ask if we'd been drinking. Nothing. Just slow down next time.

As crazy as it sounds, drinking and driving was damn near a right of passage for many people my age, especially in small towns where everyone knew each other.

I will say that if that was far too liberal back then, I wonder if we've gone too far the other way now. $10,000 fine, fees, higher insurance, attorney fees, etc might be a bit too harsh for a DUI that doesn't involve an accident or injury.

Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum