Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Utah Wants To Reinstate Firing Squads As Method Of Execution

+19
Cameron
Cym Jim
xsanguine
DWags
Jake from State Farm
I.B. Fine
Other Teams Pursuing That
Watch Out Pylon!
tTy
Green Note
CheesySpartan
HT
InTenSity
The Pantry
Ass Dan
tTito
Rodeo Burger
LoneWolfSparty
Robert J Sakimano
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Utah Wants To Reinstate Firing Squads As Method Of Execution Empty Utah Wants To Reinstate Firing Squads As Method Of Execution

Post by Heat Miser 2015-03-11, 14:23

Should be fun. And yet they're not on the unhappy list. scratch

Utah Wants To Reinstate Firing Squads As Method Of Execution

Utah Wants To Reinstate Firing Squads As Method Of Execution 3669899363 Utah Wants To Reinstate Firing Squads As Method Of Execution 1987505431
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Utah Wants To Reinstate Firing Squads As Method Of Execution Empty Re: Utah Wants To Reinstate Firing Squads As Method Of Execution

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-11, 14:26

I don't see anything wrong with government-sponsored killing.. I mean, China, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Syria and Iran all do it.. and I know how much we admire those countries.

also, I think it would make jesus really happy. sign me up in full support of it - if it's good enough for ISIS, it's good enough for Utah.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Utah Wants To Reinstate Firing Squads As Method Of Execution Empty Re: Utah Wants To Reinstate Firing Squads As Method Of Execution

Post by Heat Miser 2015-03-11, 14:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I don't see anything wrong with government-sponsored killing.. I mean, China, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Syria and Iran all do it.. and I know how much we admire those countries.

also, I think it would make jesus really happy. sign me up in full support of it - if it's good enough for ISIS, it's good enough for Utah.

It certainly is cheaper than lethal injection & the chair. Utah Wants To Reinstate Firing Squads As Method Of Execution 2599972566
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-03-11, 14:38

I'm in. I volunteer to pull the trigger.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-11, 14:52

Heat Miser wrote:

It certainly is cheaper than lethal injection & the chair. Utah Wants To Reinstate Firing Squads As Method Of Execution 2599972566
great point - and as someone who values money over the sanctity of human life, again, I'm all for it.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2015-03-11, 15:00

They'll switch back to Sparky when members of the firing squad all go on disability for PTSD.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2015-03-11, 15:03

Rodeo Burger wrote:They'll switch back to Sparky when members of the firing squad all go on disability for PTSD.

The plan is to use 12-year-old captured ISIS fighters, so no worries about PTSD.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-03-11, 15:03

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

great point - and as someone who values money over the sanctity of human life, again, I'm all for it.

For/against death penalty is a separate discussion. Assuming the DP is allowed, why not firing squad? Let's bring back the executioner and his giant axe Henry VIII style. Or Madame Guillotine. How about a tree shredder? Could probably rent one for $150/day & the remains go straight to the compost heap. Everybody wins.

Why is lethal injection or the chair considered to be "more humane"? Because there's no blood and the body isn't mutilated? Is it easier on our consciences to do the killing that way? Full of holes or full of poison, they're still dead. Utah Wants To Reinstate Firing Squads As Method Of Execution 2599972566
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-03-11, 15:04

Rodeo Burger wrote:They'll switch back to Sparky when members of the firing squad all go on disability for PTSD.

I don't know if you're familiar with how it works, but not everyone has live bullets, so you never know if you're the one that did the actual killing.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-11, 15:08

Heat Miser wrote:

For/against death penalty is a separate discussion. Assuming the DP is allowed, why not firing squad? Let's bring back the executioner and his giant axe Henry VIII style. Or Madame Guillotine. How about a tree shredder? Could probably rent one for $150/day & the remains go straight to the compost heap. Everybody wins.

Why is lethal injection or the chair considered to be "more humane"? Because there's no blood and the body isn't mutilated? Is it easier on our consciences to do the killing that way? Full of holes or full of poison, they're still dead. Utah Wants To Reinstate Firing Squads As Method Of Execution 2599972566
because we're America and are fully participatory in selective moral outrage... I think that for some people it helps them sleep at night when they know that their government murdered someone in what they believe to be a more "peaceful" fashion.. Rolling Eyes

and, not shockingly, it's usually religious people.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-03-11, 15:09

Heat Miser wrote:

I don't know if you're familiar with how it works, but not everyone has live bullets, so you never know if you're the one that did the actual killing.

Dumb
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-03-11, 15:09

Heat Miser wrote:

I've heard that's a fallacy because shooters can generally tell the difference between a blank and a live round.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-11, 15:10

Heat Miser wrote:

I like how our government is open to murdering its own citizens but doesn't want the person who actually does the killing to feel bad about it.. Utah Wants To Reinstate Firing Squads As Method Of Execution 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-03-11, 15:19

The Pantry wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

I've heard that's a fallacy because shooters can generally tell the difference between a blank and a live round.

Makes sense. I wouldn't know.

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

I like how our government is open to murdering its own citizens but doesn't want the person who actually does the killing to feel bad about it.. Utah Wants To Reinstate Firing Squads As Method Of Execution 502811600

I don't think anybody is forced to do it. I'm sure there are plenty of folks in Utah willing to volunteer to be on the firing squad. They'd probably bring their own guns & ammo. Talk about economical. Utah Wants To Reinstate Firing Squads As Method Of Execution 2599972566
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-11, 15:20

Heat Miser wrote:

Makes sense. I wouldn't know.

I don't think anybody is forced to do it. I'm sure there are plenty of folks in Utah willing to volunteer to be on the firing squad. They'd probably bring their own guns & ammo. Talk about economical. Utah Wants To Reinstate Firing Squads As Method Of Execution 2599972566
I'm sure there are plenty of good, god-fearin' folks who would love nothing more than to kill someone.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2015-03-11, 15:23

Heat Miser wrote:

I do know that. And I think the entire firing squad will eventually claim disability because of it.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-03-11, 15:29

In Utah they used volunteer police for the firing squad. 5 man squad, 4 live rounds and 1 blank. If you volunteer to do something like that, I'm not sure how you can claim disability later. It is basically signing up, with the intent to be part of a team that executes an immobile person from a distance of 10 feet or so. They might get disability, but probably not from doing this, unless they are forced to for some reason.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-03-11, 15:29

Rodeo Burger wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

I do know that. And I think the entire firing squad will eventually claim disability because of it.

Are they different than the guy who pulls the lever on Old Sparky? Or the doctor that does the injection?

I assume they would use people who have been trained to shoot guns...at other people. They're doing what they've chosen to be trained to do. Maybe you're right. Maybe Utah hasn't really thought this through. Utah Wants To Reinstate Firing Squads As Method Of Execution 2599972566
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-03-11, 15:32

Honestly, a bullet to the head is more humane than the other methods of the death penalty. I have no problem with a firing squad.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-03-11, 15:34

SpartanHT wrote:Honestly, a bullet to the head is more humane than the other methods of the death penalty. I have no problem with a firing squad.

They shoot for the heart.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-03-11, 15:35

SpartanHT wrote:Honestly, a bullet to the head is more humane than the other methods of the death penalty. I have no problem with a firing squad.

Except they aim for the heart, which is not always fool proof, but probably more fool proof than a botched 2 hour lethal injection.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-03-11, 15:40

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm sure there are plenty of good, god-fearin' folks who would love nothing more than to kill someone.

I love how outraged you are over cold blooded killers getting their just desserts. you keep defending them, I'll be happy to shoot them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-11, 15:41

what would be really cool would be to see the look on the face of the god-fearin' conservatives when a guy was just about ready to carry out the lords work and murder someone.. and right before he did it, he yelled "ALLAH AKBHAR"!!!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-11, 15:42

LooseGoose wrote:

I love how outraged you are over cold blooded killers getting their just desserts. you keep defending them, I'll be happy to shoot them.
yeah - I feel so guilty about consistently respecting the sanctity of human life. I don't know how I sleep at night.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-03-11, 15:44

Robert J Sakimano wrote:what would be really cool would be to see the look on the face of the god-fearin' conservatives when a guy was just about ready to carry out the lords work and murder someone.. and right before he did it, he yelled "ALLAH AKBHAR"!!!

Utah Wants To Reinstate Firing Squads As Method Of Execution 502811600 They can't kill our people! Only WE can kill our people!!!
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-11, 15:47

Heat Miser wrote:

Utah Wants To Reinstate Firing Squads As Method Of Execution 502811600 They can't kill our people! Only WE can kill our people!!!
Utah Wants To Reinstate Firing Squads As Method Of Execution 502811600

exactly, I bet the hate wires in the minds of conservatives would be permanently damaged if the one Muslim in Utah murdered someone on behalf of the government yelling "Allah Akbhar"!!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2015-03-11, 15:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote: Utah Wants To Reinstate Firing Squads As Method Of Execution 502811600

exactly, I bet the hate wires in the minds of conservatives would be permanently damaged if the one Muslim in Utah murdered someone on behalf of the government yelling "Allah Akbhar"!!  

So what should we do with these POS?  Lock them away from society for 50+ years at $40K/year to the taxpayer?  Who the hell is that benefiting?
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Note 2015-03-11, 15:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
because we're America and are fully participatory in selective moral outrage... I think that for some people it helps them sleep at night when they know that their government murdered someone in what they believe to be a more "peaceful" fashion..  Rolling Eyes

and, not shockingly, it's usually religious people.

Murder has a definition and you don't know it.
Green Note
Green Note
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-11, 16:01

CheesySpartan wrote:

So what should we do with these POS?  Lock them away from society for 50+ years at $40K/year to the taxpayer?  Who the hell is that benefiting?
and that's the problem - we live in a society where people value money more than they do the life of a human being.

now if America and it's murder-happy citizens just came out and said, "ya know, I want to be more like Iran.. or Iraq.. or China.. where they determine, as a government, who should and shouldn't live".. and stop with the "we're some shining beacon of light, hope and goodness in god's gentle pastures" nonsense, I'd have a lot more respect for them. At least they would be morally consistent.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-11, 16:01

Green Note wrote:

okay..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2015-03-11, 16:03

Green Note wrote:

Yeah we've been over this with Bob before. There is the actual definition of murder and then there is Bobs Utah Wants To Reinstate Firing Squads As Method Of Execution 294152859
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Note 2015-03-11, 16:04

On a related note, there should be an auction for the right to put a round in Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.
Green Note
Green Note
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Note 2015-03-11, 16:04

CheesySpartan wrote:

Yeah we've been over this with Bob before. There is the actual definition of murder and then there is Bobs Utah Wants To Reinstate Firing Squads As Method Of Execution 294152859

What is Bob's first language?
Green Note
Green Note
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-11, 16:06

CheesySpartan wrote:

my reckless disregard for the death penalty makes me such a bad christian.. Utah Wants To Reinstate Firing Squads As Method Of Execution 502811600 Wink
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2015-03-11, 16:09

Robert J Sakimano wrote:and that's the problem - we live in a society where people value money more than they do the life of a human being.

now if America and it's murder-happy citizens just came out and said, "ya know, I want to be more like Iran.. or Iraq.. or China.. where they determine, as a government, who should and shouldn't live".. and stop with the "we're some shining beacon of light, hope and goodness in god's gentle pastures" nonsense, I'd have a lot more respect for them. At least they would be morally consistent.

So you're saying it is better to keep them alive and locked away with no chance of ever making a positive contribution to society regardless of cost? Then per usual we agree to disagree and I'm ok with that...
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-03-11, 16:09

InTenSity wrote:

They shoot for the heart.

And you're to blame!!!
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-03-11, 16:11

Green Note wrote:On a related note, there should be an auction for the right to put a round in Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.

Pay per view.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-11, 16:11

CheesySpartan wrote:

So you're saying it is better to keep them alive and locked away with no chance of ever making a positive contribution to society regardless of cost?  Then per usual we agree to disagree and I'm ok with that...
yes, as someone who values life - all life - that's what I'm saying. I'm cool with disagreeing.. at least we don't get banned here for disagreeing with people.

oh - and if we invested money in people on the front end of life, I suspect we'd be less likely to need to invest money on them in correctional facilities.

but that's for another thread, I guess.

Last edited by Robert J Sakimano on 2015-03-11, 16:12; edited 1 time in total
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2015-03-11, 16:12

tTy wrote:

And you're to blame!!!

..."Darling you gave love a bad name!"
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-03-11, 16:13

CheesySpartan wrote:

..."Darling you gave love a bad name!"

BAD NAME!!!
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next