Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nice piece on Trae Waynes on ESPN

4 posters

Go down

Article Nice piece on Trae Waynes on ESPN

Post by SeeRockCity Thu May 01, 2014 11:34 am

MSU's Trae Waynes out to join elite family

" Michigan State head coach Mark Dantonio has talked in the past about The Bus, which is what he calls the group of star defensive backs he has coached over the years. Dennard and Lewis earned coveted spots on that bus last season, and Waynes could be next in line.

'Yeah, I think maybe he is," Dantonio said. "He had a good year last year for us, and he's got two years left, hopefully. I think he has the ability to be a shutdown guy and a top player for us."'
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Article Re: Nice piece on Trae Waynes on ESPN

Post by InTenSity Thu May 01, 2014 12:02 pm

Having Coach Barnett and Coach Dantonio coaching me was a big part of [the decision]," he said. "I mean, if you're a defensive back, why wouldn't you want to come here? wrote:

What a great quote. I like Trae, I like what I perceive to be his business like attitude on the field. He would put a big hit on someone and just get up and line back up on the field. I don't remember him showboating that much, but damn is he fast and I don't recall him being afraid to hit. Great kid and I'm rooting for him.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Thu May 01, 2014 12:10 pm

InTenSityX wrote:
Having Coach Barnett and Coach Dantonio coaching me was a big part of [the decision]," he said. "I mean, if you're a defensive back, why wouldn't you want to come here? wrote:

What a great quote. I like Trae, I like what I perceive to be his business like attitude on the field. He would put a big hit on someone and just get up and line back up on the field. I don't remember him showboating that much, but damn is he fast and I don't recall him being afraid to hit. Great kid and I'm rooting for him.

Nice piece on Trae Waynes on ESPN OSU13B10-jq-05
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu May 01, 2014 12:11 pm

I forgot about that hit. I think it saved a potential TD and might have been for a loss. Didn't he just look down at Hyde and walk back to line up?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK Thu May 01, 2014 12:16 pm

His pick in the Rose Bowl where it looked like the Stanford WR was going to come down with the ball was one of the most bad ass plays I've ever seen. Second to Dennard's pick @ the Horseshoe.
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jean Valjean Thu May 01, 2014 1:01 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:Next up - kid is gonna be great

Trae has already been great. Now if he gets only better, that's scary. He can be better than Dennard, just like Dennard was to Johnny Adams.
Jean Valjean
Jean Valjean
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down