Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seriously, how did tom cruise get famous?

+22
kingstonlake
Other Teams Pursuing That
SpartanInNH
steveschneider
MiamiSpartan
Brock Middlebrook
StylesGShmooth
Robert J Sakimano
Giant Moose
Cym Jim
tGreenWay
Snake Plissken
Travis of the Cosmos
Watch Out Pylon!
DWags
Rocinante
The Pantry
AMwood
InTenSity
Tim Wakefield
CORNER BLITZ
Blanch32
26 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Seriously, how did tom cruise get famous? Empty Seriously, how did tom cruise get famous?

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-02, 21:36

I'm studying all his first movies and they all suck. Cocktails, thunder, risky business.... Seriously these are all Adam Sandler flicks AFTER billy gilmore
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Seriously, how did tom cruise get famous? Empty Re: Seriously, how did tom cruise get famous?

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-06-02, 21:40

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Seriously, how did tom cruise get famous? Empty Re: Seriously, how did tom cruise get famous?

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-06-02, 21:44

Had some ceviche today (Ecuadorian soup) and it was fantastich
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-06-02, 21:50

Tim Wakefield wrote:Had some ceviche today (Ecuadorian soup) and it was fantastich
A new taco place opened in my neighborhood, the food is awesome and it's kinda taking off. I hope they stay, but at some point they'll have to expand
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2015-06-02, 21:52

He sucked a lot of dick. A lot.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-06-02, 21:54

Tim Wakefield wrote:Had some ceviche today (Ecuadorian soup) and it was fantastich
Ceviche is not "soup".  The locals must have been fucking with you.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-06-02, 21:55

His butthole is super tight.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-06-02, 22:16

The Pantry wrote:

For all intensive porpoises it's soup. Source: a local guy describing it to me as "un tipo de sopa" before I ordered it
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-06-02, 22:19

Tim Wakefield wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

For all intensive porpoises it's soup. Source: a local guy describing it to me as "un tipo de sopa" before I ordered it

Sounds like soap.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-06-02, 22:20

DWags wrote:

Sounds like soap.

Seriously, how did tom cruise get famous? Soap10

But yes, the locals were probably fucking with me. Bastards love messing with gringos
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-06-02, 22:26

Tim Wakefield wrote:
DWags wrote:

Sounds like soap.

Seriously, how did tom cruise get famous? Soap10

But yes, the locals were probably fucking with me. Bastards love messing with gringos

What part of Arizona are you in?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-06-02, 22:27

I'm in Baltimore. Gonna eat the shit out of some crab cakes at G&M tomorrow.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-06-02, 22:27

While golfing we saw this Mexican place across the street from the course. Old ass sign, faded paint, tiny parking lot. It was either going to be amazing or we were going to get stabbed.

It was amazing. I was not stabbed.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-06-02, 22:32

DWags wrote:

I'm in Quito, Ecuador with a group from MSU, UNC, and Va Tech until the end of July. Been here just over a week and it's great. Climbing Cotopaxi (2nd highest mountain in the country) this weekend, I'll post a pic of us with my MSU flag.

Somewhat related story: one of the kids from Va Tech asked if I was a big MSU basketball fan and I obviously started raving about the program. He started telling me how he remembers watching Mateen and Mo Pete in 2000 and that he's been an avid MSU basketball fan his whole life. Keep in mind we were 6 years old at the time and this kid lived in Virginia. God I love our program Seriously, how did tom cruise get famous? 1833121890
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-06-02, 22:48

Blanch32 wrote:I'm studying all his first movies and they all suck. Cocktails, thunder, risky business.... Seriously these are all Adam Sandler flicks AFTER billy gilmore
I'll answer your question. Those are his good movies. Start going later in his career and you'll get the bad movies.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-06-02, 22:51

Tim Wakefield wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

Don't give a shit what he told you. Ceviche is not soup.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-06-02, 22:53

The Pantry wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:

Don't give a shit what he told you.    Ceviche is not soup.
^^^^^^^ this guy's name is "the pantry" and his picture is that hot cooking chick. He probably knows what he's talking about.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-06-02, 23:27

Snake Plissken wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:I'm studying all his first movies and they all suck. Cocktails, thunder, risky business.... Seriously these are all Adam Sandler flicks AFTER billy gilmore
I'll answer your question. Those are his good movies. Start going later in his career and you'll get the bad movies.

So he didn't start in Tropic Thunder?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-06-03, 02:01

But is soup really a meal?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2015-06-03, 02:24

The Pantry wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:

Don't give a shit what he told you.    Ceviche is not soup.

Nope, not soup. Not even soup-like. There are many spanish soup-like dishes that may contain similar ingredients, but ceviche aint fucking soup. FUCK - now I want ceviche! The best I ever had was at the kiosks along the beach in Puerto Rico - fresh seafood, crazy people, awesome environment, sunset, beach, fat bottomed girls, booze, . . .perfect.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-06-03, 08:02

InTenSity wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote:I'll answer your question. Those are his good movies. Start going later in his career and you'll get the bad movies.

So he didn't start in Tropic Thunder?
That was such a minor role but funny as hell Seriously, how did tom cruise get famous? 502811600
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-03, 09:06

Snake Plissken wrote:

Good movies????

No wonder you baby boomer tools didn't give the godfather the Oscars!!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-06-03, 09:08

People were afraid of him after he kept jumping on their furniture and kept giving him more money in hopes he would go away.

Seriously, how did tom cruise get famous? 20050523-tows-tom-cruise-2-600x411
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-03, 09:13

Tim Wakefield wrote:
DWags wrote:

I'm in Quito, Ecuador with a group from MSU, UNC, and Va Tech until the end of July. Been here just over a week and it's great. Climbing Cotopaxi (2nd highest mountain in the country) this weekend, I'll post a pic of us with my MSU flag.

Somewhat related story: one of the kids from Va Tech asked if I was a big MSU basketball fan and I obviously started raving about the program. He started telling me how he remembers watching Mateen and Mo Pete in 2000 and that he's been an avid MSU basketball fan his whole life. Keep in mind we were 6 years old at the time and this kid lived in Virginia. God I love our program Seriously, how did tom cruise get famous? 1833121890

Tapped any of that hillbilly 'tang yet?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2015-06-03, 09:17

i'm pretty sure ceviche is any kind of light fish that has been "cooked", at room temperature, by an acid marinade made of lime juice.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-03, 10:24

Tim Wakefield wrote:

tell him about me and how much I love MSU sports.. and the impact it has had on my life.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2015-06-03, 13:07

serious answer: even though tom cruise acts like tom cruise in all of his movies, he gets to be in some good stuff. some of my favs are valkyrie, vanilla sky, tropic thunder, war of the worlds, minority report, s few good men, eyes wide shut, rain man... there are probably a couple i'm forgetting.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-06-03, 13:12

AMwood wrote:serious answer: even though tom cruise acts like tom cruise in all of his movies, he gets to be in some good stuff. some of my favs are valkyrie, vanilla sky, tropic thunder, war of the worlds, minority report, s few good men, eyes wide shut, rain man... there are probably a couple i'm forgetting.
I haven't seen Valkyrie, I think I can watch it on Amazon Prime or Netflix, worth the couple of hours? What did you think of that last movie he did, where it was a futuristic war time groundhogs day? That movie wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2015-06-03, 14:10

InTenSity wrote:
AMwood wrote:serious answer: even though tom cruise acts like tom cruise in all of his movies, he gets to be in some good stuff. some of my favs are valkyrie, vanilla sky, tropic thunder, war of the worlds, minority report, s few good men, eyes wide shut, rain man... there are probably a couple i'm forgetting.
I haven't seen Valkyrie, I think I can watch it on Amazon Prime or Netflix, worth the couple of hours? What did you think of that last movie he did, where it was a futuristic war time groundhogs day? That movie wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

i liked it. it won't win any academy awards but it was entertaining just like many cruise movies. i thought valkyrie was great. it helps that i'm a wwII fan and i've read about that attempted coup.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2015-06-03, 14:48

Ecuadorian Ceviche is pretty soupy
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-06-03, 15:25

I fucking hated vanilla sky. I actually liked Jack Reacher though.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2015-06-03, 15:32

How can you not like this guy?

Seriously, how did tom cruise get famous? Tom-cruise-manager-1
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-03, 15:38

LooseGoose wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:

Tapped any of that hillbilly 'tang yet?

You are well traveled. Jesus
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-03, 15:39

meh - he's a weirdo and plays the same character in every movie.. but he's not necessarily a bad actor. I've seen worse.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-03, 15:40

You lost me at vanilla sky....one of the worst movies pretty much ever. Not even cruise could save it
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2015-06-03, 15:40

But seriously, I can't decide which Tom is more perfect, Cruise or Brady...

Probably a question which cannot be answered.
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-03, 15:43

Robert J Sakimano wrote:meh - he's a weirdo and plays the same character in every movie.. but he's not necessarily a bad actor. I've seen worse.

Didn't say he was a bad actor, just that ever early movie of his I watch isn't standing the test of time. Where people just flat out dumber back then and would watch anything?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-03, 15:46

Blanch32 wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:meh - he's a weirdo and plays the same character in every movie.. but he's not necessarily a bad actor. I've seen worse.

Didn't say he was a bad actor, just that ever early movie of his I watch isn't standing the test of time. Where people just flat out dumber back then and would watch anything?
maybe it's my age because I grew up when his early movies were popular and before he was a huge star.. (or weird.. at least to the general public) - but Risky Business was good, All The Right Movies, Top Gun, obviously.. all solid flicks that I'll watch some of when they're on unedited.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-06-03, 15:46

AMwood wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

i liked it. it won't win any academy awards but it was entertaining just like many cruise movies. i thought valkyrie was great. it helps that i'm a wwII fan and i've read about that attempted coup.
Valkyrie was cool, but like you I'm a WWII fan and have read a fair amount about the coup, so I may have biases.

What was funny was the reaction that a lot on the interwebs had to Cruise in that movie. I remember the big complaint that had many people up in arms was that he spoke with his regular American accent so it wasn't authentic. But they were cool with the authenticity Kenneth Branagh and others.....I must have missed that day in history class, but judging by the internet, apparently Germans were running around speaking English with a British accent in 1944. Seriously, how did tom cruise get famous? 1431518612
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-03, 15:46

he was also in The Outsiders..

then again, who wasn't in The Outsiders?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next