Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MSU Softball troubles - coach on the brink?

+26
Rodeo Burger
kingstonlake
MattyFresh
tbone12
Giant Moose
Blanch32
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
CheesySpartan
The_Dude
The Pantry
HT
Turtleneck
Duke Silver
GRR Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
NigelUno
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
Brock Middlebrook
SpartanInNH
Ass Dan
Travis of the Cosmos
InTenSity
Dr. Strangelove
Floyd Robertson
30 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

MSU Softball troubles - coach on the brink? - Page 5 Empty Re: MSU Softball troubles - coach on the brink?

Post by InTenSity Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:20 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Checking, checking, checking... Nope. Still don't give even the slightest fuck about softball.
Me either, just a slow day here and bumping whatever seems relevant.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

MSU Softball troubles - coach on the brink? - Page 5 Empty Re: MSU Softball troubles - coach on the brink?

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:24 am

InTenSity wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Checking, checking, checking... Nope. Still don't give even the slightest fuck about softball.
I'm just glad that Timbo's wife was cleared of any wrong doing.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:28 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
I'm just glad that Timbo's wife was cleared of any wrong doing.
You and her should run as Tea Party family fundamentalists. Then you could get your groove on!
MSU Softball troubles - coach on the brink? - Page 5 3557613862
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:45 am

InTenSity wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm just glad that Timbo's wife was cleared of any wrong doing.
You and her should run as Tea Party family fundamentalists. Then you could get your groove on!
MSU Softball troubles - coach on the brink? - Page 5 3557613862
I'll ask god and see what he recommends.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:52 am

Initially thought both would be gone by summer.  Saw that Patty Grasso, OK's coach hired her son as the Sooner hitting coach in July when previous coach left to run a softball/baseball training facility in Texas.  JT Grasso resigned and volunteer coach Andrea Harrison also resigned.  JT Grasso is engaged to Harrison.

If Joseph hangs on MSU will have burned another year of recruiting.  I know of at least 6 players being recruited by D1 schools like ND, DePaul, CMU, IU and umaa who won't consider MSU as long as Joseph is the coach.  

Joseph has to have photos, recordings or knows where bodies are buried to lose the way she has after getting more than $1M in facility improvements directed to softball.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:53 am

Well, that should straighten out the program. Nothing to see here.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:55 am

DWags wrote:Well, that should straighten out the program. Nothing to see here.
MSU Softball troubles - coach on the brink? - Page 5 502811600

I think what the "investigation" and it's, errr.. "results".. really proved is that the University/athletic dept. doesn't care about softball so why should anyone else.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:17 pm

lol!
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:47 pm

Except it's a Big Ten sport and it does MSU no good to be the perennial doormat in any Big Ten sport especially after having done $1M in improvements for that specific sport.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:14 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:Except it's a Big Ten sport and it does MSU no good to be the perennial doormat in any Big Ten sport especially after having done $1M in improvements for that specific sport.

Doesn't do that much damage either. Who cares about collegiate women's softball?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:33 pm

steveschneider wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Except it's a Big Ten sport and it does MSU no good to be the perennial doormat in any Big Ten sport especially after having done $1M in improvements for that specific sport.

Doesn't do that much damage either. Who cares about collegiate women's softball?

Slippery slope. Who cares about softball? A lot of SEC schools that are football powers. More than the top half of the Big 12.

Can't cancel the program. Title IX, Big Ten requirements so why fund a bottom dweller with a coach anyone worth a shit refuses to consider?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:41 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Slippery slope.  Who cares about softball?  A lot of SEC schools that are football powers.  More than the top half of the Big 12.  

Can't cancel the program.  Title IX, Big Ten requirements so why fund a bottom dweller with a coach anyone worth a shit refuses to consider?
I'm trying here man. I really am. I want to care, I do. I want so badly to care. I just.... I can't do it. Just don't give a fuck
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:57 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

Slippery slope.  Who cares about softball?  A lot of SEC schools that are football powers.  More than the top half of the Big 12.  

Can't cancel the program.  Title IX, Big Ten requirements so why fund a bottom dweller with a coach anyone worth a shit refuses to consider?
I'm trying here man. I really am. I want to care, I do. I want so badly to care. I just.... I can't do it. Just don't give a fuck
If football or hoops sucked, maybe I would care more. It's just hard to be upset with Hollis given how well the big 2 are doing.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:37 pm

The fact finding is done and suprise, surprise the was no wrongdoing by Joseph or Bograkos.

I'm joining the majority of this board's poster and won't care about MSU softball until they get rid of Joseph and Bograkos

i will attend games at Secchia Stadium to cheer for players I know who play for CMU, umaa, ND, GVSU SVSU and other schools where good instate players went rather than play for Joseph.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state-university/2015/08/11/investigation-clears-msu-softball-coaches-wrongdoing/31456461/
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:43 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:
The fact finding is done and suprise, surprise the was no wrongdoing by Joseph or Bograkos.

I'm joining the majority of this board's poster and won't care about MSU softball until they get rid of Joseph and Bograkos

i will attend games at Secchia Stadium to cheer for players I know who play for CMU, umaa, ND, GVSU SVSU and other schools where good instate players went rather than play for Joseph.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state-university/2015/08/11/investigation-clears-msu-softball-coaches-wrongdoing/31456461/
You should heckle the MSU softball coaches. It would be hilarious. MSU Softball troubles - coach on the brink? - Page 5 502811600
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:03 pm

I'm curious to know how this interal investigation was difference from oerfrssional police
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:25 pm

Chris Solari@chrissolari 1h1 hour ago
Received MSU internal investigation on softball coach allegations. It's a doozy. Very unflattering of Alyssa McBride & family. 98 pages.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:25 pm

Chris Solari@chrissolari 1h1 hour ago
Will have more on MSU softball at http://LSJ.com  and http://greenandwhite.com .
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:16 pm

Report: No merit to MSU softball allegations

The external report into allegations against Michigan State University’s softball coaches claims that former player Alyssa McBride and her family’s dislike of head coach Jacquie Joseph and assistant Jessica (Beech) Bograkos “provided them with a motive for raising false, or at minimum, grossly exaggerated, allegations against the coaching staff.”
The 98-page report said “investigators were unable to uncover any credible evidence supporting” the allegations of McBride, whose name is redacted from the document obtained by the Lansing State Journal under the Freedom of Information Act. It also claims McBride and her family had been causing a number of problems within the program over the past four years.
McBride’s stepfather, Mike Gillette, said he has not seen the report and would not comment until he does.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:42 pm

Did anyone expect the internal report find anything negative?

Its spin central. All we know is Coach Joseph has friends in high places who will continue to pay her salary and foot the bills for her annual SoCal vacation she calls a recruiting trip.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:00 pm

Didn't I read a tweet from Tony Paul alleging that the investigation didn't interview the witness?

Whole thing stinks to high hell, from the high maintenance player with the helicopter dad to the report. 

Oh well, it's softball.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:02 pm

"Gleeson did not interview McBride, Gillette or team manager Ben Hayden for the report."

Wut?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:05 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:Did anyone expect the internal report find anything negative?

Its spin central. All we know is Coach Joseph has friends in high places who will continue to pay her salary and foot the bills for her annual SoCal vacation she calls a recruiting trip.

This reminds me of that tailgating survey we all took that asked in 20 different ways "are you sure drinking isn't out of control?" Msu put out like 5 years ago now
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:07 pm

NigelUno wrote:"Gleeson did not interview McBride, Gillette or team manager Ben Hayden for the report."

Wut?

Jesus. Should have hired the same Kansas City law firm uofm used in the late 90s.

Story still not dead and msu will be sued congrats hollis
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:07 pm

NigelUno wrote:"Gleeson did not interview McBride, Gillette or team manager Ben Hayden for the report."

Wut?

Jesus. Should have hired the same Kansas City law firm uofm used in the late 90s.

Story still not dead and msu will be sued congrats hollis
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:16 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Didn't I read a tweet from Tony Paul alleging that the investigation didn't interview the witness?

Whole thing stinks to high hell, from the high maintenance player with the helicopter dad to the report. 

Oh well, it's softball.

Anyone else think its kind of strange that Joseph even recruited the player? Most coaches know enough background before they offer a scholarship. Also think its strange that Joseph was choosing this player who allegedly was more trouble than she was worth as a senior to speak to the media.
Was Joseph so low on decent players she needed to have McBride start for at least 3 seasons? Joseph might have had to keep her commitment for a 4 year scholarship but she sure as hell didn't have to have McBride starting.
I know Mike Gillette as a softball coach and he knows enough about coaching softball to be dangerous but when your daughter is on a team that has a perfect 0-23 record in the Big Ten its damned tempting to be critical of the MSU coach.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:36 pm

Peter Secchia built the new stadium that the most abysmal team in the B1G plays in.

If he doesn't bitch about it, Hollis won't do a damn thing.

I can't imagine how any recruit would come to MSU. MAC offers look a lot more attractive than losing every game while playing for a lunatic coaching staff.

What's the pitch? "Hey, we suck at our job, but we'll treat you like shit...might even kill or maim you if you wish you played for a good team...".
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:55 am

Wut?
Of course the rest of that paragraph provides some context....

Gleeson did not interview McBride, Gillette or team manager Ben Hayden for the report. Gillette told the State Journal last week that he and his family were advised by their attorneys to not speak.
Hayden — who allegedly heard Joseph order Bograkos to hit McBride — told the Detroit News that he had not been contacted for the investigation, but the report claims that the East Lansing High graduate “did not return numerous emails, telephone calls, and did not answer a letter sent to his last-known address.”

.....so they TRIED to interview them and they wouldn't cooperate.   Should the entire report have then been trashed?  Perhaps they should have captured them and waterboarded them until they agreed to talk??   What's your solution?

I'm not an apologist on this I think Joseph should be fired.   But the fact that supposed witnesses refused to meet with people doing a review doesn't nullify the review.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:42 am

LooseGoose wrote:

Wut?

Gleeson did not interview McBride, Gillette or team manager Ben Hayden for the report. Gillette told the State Journal last week that he and his family were advised by their attorneys to not speak.
Hayden — who allegedly heard Joseph order Bograkos to hit McBride — told the Detroit News that he had not been contacted for the investigation, but the report claims that the East Lansing High graduate “did not return numerous emails, telephone calls, and did not answer a letter sent to his last-known address.”

.....so they TRIED to interview them and they wouldn't cooperate.   Should the entire report have then been trashed?  Perhaps they should have captured them and waterboarded them until they agreed to talk??   What's your solution?

I'm not an apologist on this I think Joseph should be fired.   But the fact that supposed witnesses refused to meet with people doing a review doesn't nullify the review.

It seems to make it an incomplete "review". I didn't read the review, but the gist of it seems to be McBride was trying to get her fired for 4 years? How was that conclusion reached if they didn't talk to her?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:57 am

Hollis is just waiting for a softball commissioner to become available before he makes his move.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:08 am

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

It seems to make it an incomplete "review". I didn't read the review, but the gist of it seems to be McBride was trying to get her fired for 4 years? How was that conclusion reached if they didn't talk to her?

In other words the daughter of a uofm football player cares more about msu softball than hollis does. Great.....

My only question is why didn't she just transfer?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:10 am

Giant Moose wrote:Hollis is just waiting for a softball commissioner to become available before he makes his move.

Coach can resign now. Everyone's hands are clean.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:51 am

Blanch32 wrote:In other words the daughter of a uofm football player cares more about msu softball than hollis does.  Great.....
So in addition to being completely unable to write a coherent sentence you're also unable to comprehend English?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:52 am

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

It seems to make it an incomplete "review".  I didn't read the review, but the gist of it seems to be McBride was trying to get her fired for 4 years?  How was that conclusion reached if they didn't talk to her?
I won't argue about how complete it is, the question remains how you would propose to "complete" the review when those people refuse to meet with you?   Impossible.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:34 am

MSU Softball troubles - coach on the brink? - Page 5 B9318004861Z.1_20150707203222_000_GBOB9OIB6.1-0

I think it's great that Hollis was able to hire Caitlin Jenner as the head softball coach..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:43 am

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

It seems to make it an incomplete "review".  I didn't read the review, but the gist of it seems to be McBride was trying to get her fired for 4 years?  How was that conclusion reached if they didn't talk to her?
I won't argue about how complete it is, the question remains how you would propose to "complete" the review when those people refuse to meet with you?   Impossible.

It's seems kind of silly for a report to say McBride had a motive to make false allegations.

That seems risky from a legal standpoint.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:19 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Idiot. The report concluded the witness were not credible and had ulterior motives.....yet didn't even talk to them. That conclusion is all the family needs for a lawsuit. Plus it proved that off the record comments are in fact reported to the head coach in less than 1 hour.

MSU and hollis are now fucked
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:22 pm

I keep opening this thread wanting to care because it seems interesting, but then I don't care. Is this how Bob feels reading MSU football threads?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:23 pm

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

It's seems kind of silly for a report to say McBride had a motive to make false allegations.

That seems risky from a legal standpoint.

We agree. MSU is now fucked in court.

That and your coach is afraid of a parent....umm....why? Bc you know you are going to strike their kid and don't want the to touch you? Maybe that's a motive.

All I know is that this story isn't going away unless msu settles out of court with the family for a fee, which I can't see happening
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:29 pm

Giant Moose wrote:I keep opening this thread wanting to care because it seems interesting, but then I don't care. Is this how Bob feels reading MSU football threads?

I can bc msu embarrassed itself on multiple fronts.

1. Not fire incompetent coach.
2. Made disgruntled player talk to media.
3. I assume didn't even realize she was disgruntled. Great player relationship.
4. Reported off the record comment to SID.
5. Less that 1 hour later SID reports off the record comment to coach.
6. Head coach and assistant retaliate when said player is gone regardless in 2 games.
7. This report comes out and said coaches are still on staff
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next