Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MSU Softball troubles - coach on the brink?

+26
Rodeo Burger
kingstonlake
MattyFresh
tbone12
Giant Moose
Blanch32
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
CheesySpartan
The_Dude
The Pantry
HT
Turtleneck
Duke Silver
GRR Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
NigelUno
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
Brock Middlebrook
SpartanInNH
Ass Dan
Travis of the Cosmos
InTenSity
Dr. Strangelove
Floyd Robertson
30 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

MSU Softball troubles - coach on the brink? - Page 2 Empty Re: MSU Softball troubles - coach on the brink?

Post by Guest 2015-06-13, 05:15

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Sorry, LG, not buying it. I'm buying the story of the blonde, because she's kinda hot. Then again, I haven't seen pics of TimBo's wife so I will reserve judgement until I've seen those. I HAVE seen pictures of the HC, though, and let me just say #TeamMcBride
The interwebs are weak on her pics.....but a couple to begin your deliberations.

MSU Softball troubles - coach on the brink? - Page 2 Jessica_Beech_Bograkos-139x195

MSU Softball troubles - coach on the brink? - Page 2 682606
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

MSU Softball troubles - coach on the brink? - Page 2 Empty Re: MSU Softball troubles - coach on the brink?

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-06-13, 11:52

DWags wrote:

I clicked on a link that said, "Ridiculously dirty play -- TWICE!!!" or something like that, saw that video, and thought, "Christ, whoever wrote that link has never seen Lewan play." Rolling Eyes
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-14, 04:36

MSU coach denies she ordered assistant to hit player

One day after police completed their investigation into the conduct of Michigan State's softball coach, current and former players and coaches rushed to the defense of Jacquie Joseph.

Joseph also made her first comments on the allegations of senior Alyssa McBride, calling them "categorically untrue."

McBride told The News in an exclusive story Friday that Joseph ordered assistant Jessica Bograkos to intentionally hit her with pitches during batting practice late this season.

"I have devoted by past 22 years as MSU head softball coach to guiding and mentoring student-athletes in the type of ideals, values and skills necessary to achieve success on the field, in their careers, and throughout their lives," Joseph said in a statement released by her attorneys. "During this time, I have never said or done anything to harm any of the student-athletes who have been entrusted to me. In fact, I have done everything in my power to increase public respect for this great university, and to increase the well-justified pride of Spartan Nation.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-06-14, 07:17

LooseGoose wrote:MSU coach denies she ordered assistant to hit player

One day after police completed their investigation into the conduct of Michigan State's softball coach, current and former players and coaches rushed to the defense of Jacquie Joseph.

Joseph also made her first comments on the allegations of senior Alyssa McBride, calling them "categorically untrue."

McBride told The News in an exclusive story Friday that Joseph ordered assistant Jessica Bograkos to intentionally hit her with pitches during batting practice late this season.

"I have devoted by past 22 years as MSU head softball coach to guiding and mentoring student-athletes in the type of ideals, values and skills necessary to achieve success on the field, in their careers, and throughout their lives," Joseph said in a statement released by her attorneys. "During this time, I have never said or done anything to harm any of the student-athletes who have been entrusted to me. In fact, I have done everything in my power to increase public respect for this great university, and to increase the well-justified pride of Spartan Nation.

Such as?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-06-14, 09:42

LooseGoose wrote:MSU coach denies she ordered assistant to hit player

That's a throw down.  

MSU Softball troubles - coach on the brink? - Page 2 Giphy
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-06-14, 10:11

Look, lady. We don't give a fuck if you lose on the field. It's softball. when you start making headlines for shit like this ..
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-14, 10:54

Wtf does "categorically untrue" me?

....and again she said she didn't do it. We know that. What we don't know is if she blessed the code red or not.

Interesting that Hollis isn't commenting yet the BoT is. Where's the "vote of confidence?"

And the two examples are either friends of the coach or directly benefitted from her
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-06-14, 10:58

Blanch32 wrote:Wtf does "categorically untrue" me?

....and again she said she didn't do it.  We know that.  What we don't know is if she blessed the code red or not.

Interesting that Hollis isn't commenting yet the BoT is.   Where's the "vote of confidence?"

And the two examples are either friends of the coach or directly benefitted from her

Perhaps you missed the rest of her statement, which includes:  "During this time, I have never said or done anything to harm any of the student-athletes who have been entrusted to me."

Last edited by SpartanInNH on 2015-06-14, 10:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mean.)
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-06-14, 13:52

Giant Moose wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Blanch brought up a good point that I forgot to mention.  That program has nice facilities now.  There's no reason for the program to suck if the coach is competent and not a lazy recruiter.
Yeah, I guess you guys are right. I didn't realize that MSU softball actually had won a national championship in 1976. No reason for them to be so bad now.

Bring back the pinstripes and winning tradition.

MSU Softball troubles - coach on the brink? - Page 2 1976-AIAW-Team

Ironically the shortstop on that team was Lansing native Carol Hutchins who spent a year as Ferris HC in '82 and two seasons as an assistant at umaa in '83 and '84 before becoming the umaa HC in '85.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-06-14, 14:22

Floyd Robertson wrote:Yes it's only softball, but if you're going to have a program (thanks Title IX), try not to suck at it.

MSU Softball troubles - coach on the brink? - Page 2 Joseph10

I have no idea how Joseph has held the job to this point, unless you don't mind having a program that sucks at it. I mean, the average B1G record since is 6-13.

Less than a .500 Big Ten record every year since 2003 and ony four seasons of above .500 ball in 22 season is remarkably awful.

Reasons for that less than impressive record are Joseph's poor recruiting and an inability to retain at least one coach long term.  Joseph's assitants don't leave for HC jobs, they just leave.

Joseph has managed to alienate a significant number of instate HS coaches and travel ball organizations.  She has told coaches she'd rather take West Coast players than instate players.  That means she's offering SoCal players that were passed over by the PAC12, Big12, SEC teams and upper level Midwest teams like umaa, DePaul and ND over players that have ended up starting 3 and 4 years at ND, WMU, CMU, GVSU and SVSU among others.

I know of several players Joseph had recruited and hung up on them when they called to tell her that they would be attending CMU, GVSU, ND and umaa.   In every case their parents thought calling the other coaches who had recruited them deserved to be told via phone call.  Joseph was the only one getting the bad news who was rude and even yelled at on girl before hanging up.

Since this story broke, Joseph has gotten support from some parents.  Some of those parents know their daughters wouldn't be on other Big Ten teams and the record indicates Joseph has recruited at least some less than talent.

She's had four seasons in Secchia Stadium and has been able to recruit to construction drawings since '09.  The poor facilities can't be used as an excuse.

The sorry thing is MSU baseball coaches are taking advantage of the state semi's and finals being played in East Lansing.

For more than a dozen year WOTS and rumors have swirled about Joseph having powerful friends in high places protecting her.  I thought she should have been gone after the 2012 perfect Big Ten season of 0-23 but Hollis gave her his support.  If the MSU AD's office decides to let Joseph stay rather than allow her and her assistant to resign it means Joseph has some mighty influential friends.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke Silver 2015-06-14, 16:13

Blanch32 wrote:Why do I get the feeling the coach was blowing Joel Ferguson?  He's the only unethical higher up we are stuck with

First you think the Midwest is the best recruiting territory for softball and now you think the coach is sexually involved with a man. It's safe to say you have no idea about anything.

Last edited by Duke Silver on 2015-06-15, 15:19; edited 1 time in total
Duke Silver
Duke Silver
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-15, 09:50

all sports at MSU hold a very near and dear place in my heart.

I'll keep Timbo and his family in my thoughts and prayers during this very difficult time.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-15, 10:11

Robert J Sakimano wrote:all sports at MSU hold a very near and dear place in my heart.

I'll keep Timbo and his family in my thoughts and prayers during this very difficult time.
There are mornings I'd like to exercise my American freedoms by breaking your keyboard over your head.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-15, 10:27

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:all sports at MSU hold a very near and dear place in my heart.

There are mornings I'd like to exercise my American freedoms by breaking your keyboard over your head.
violence isn't the answer.. MSU Softball troubles - coach on the brink? - Page 2 4177874726
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-06-15, 10:48

SpartanInNH wrote:
DWags wrote:

I clicked on a link that said, "Ridiculously dirty play -- TWICE!!!" or something like that, saw that video, and thought, "Christ, whoever wrote that link has never seen Lewan play." Rolling Eyes

"She did it again. She did it again. She did it again."

"Shit, it's a shark. It's a shark. A shark. It's a big ass shark."

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-15, 15:51

Duke Silver wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:Why do I get the feeling the coach was blowing Joel Ferguson?  He's the only unethical higher up we are stuck with

First you think the Midwest is the best recruiting territory for softball and now you think the coach is sexually involved with a man. It's safe to say you have no idea about anything.

Ladies and gentlemen, here's the "influential" friend. Mods: pls trace this IP stat!!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-15, 15:53

....and that "cease and decease" order from bograkos lawyer is weak. Need to file this AFTER the case is closed. Methinks this won't be good for the staff. Especially if a scummer is actually helping us out
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-06-15, 16:32

Blanch32 wrote:....and that "cease and decease" order from bograkos lawyer is weak.  Need to file this AFTER the case is closed.  Methinks this won't be good for the staff.  Especially if a scummer is actually helping us out

Thanks for your input, Matlock.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-06-15, 18:26

GRR Spartan wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:
Yeah, I guess you guys are right. I didn't realize that MSU softball actually had won a national championship in 1976. No reason for them to be so bad now.

Bring back the pinstripes and winning tradition.

MSU Softball troubles - coach on the brink? - Page 2 1976-AIAW-Team

Ironically the shortstop on that team was Lansing native Carol Hutchins who spent a year as Ferris HC in '82 and two seasons as an assistant at umaa in '83 and '84 before becoming the umaa HC in '85.

Wait, the winningest softball coach in NCAA history is a Spartan, yet she coaches at UM?

How the hell did we screw up so badly to let her go to the bad guys, or anyone besides MSU? That has to be the worst part about this whole debacle, that I'm learning this tidbit about Carol Hutchins.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-06-15, 18:34

Interesting MSU hired Miller Canfield (biggest law firm in the state) to do the investigation. Those clever bastards will cook it up with stuff to protect MSU in a civil suit.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke Silver 2015-06-15, 19:16

Blanch32 wrote:
Duke Silver wrote:

Ladies and gentlemen, here's the "influential" friend.  Mods: pls trace this IP stat!!

Well first off I would like to see the staff fired and have thought so for years. Second of all the fact that I know the midwest is not a good recruiting ground for softball and that the female softball coach is probably not sexually involved with a man signifies not inside knowledge but just common sense. I mean really man.
Duke Silver
Duke Silver
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-06-15, 20:01

Turtleneck wrote:
SpartanInNH wrote:

"She did it again. She did it again. She did it again."

"Shit, it's a shark. It's a shark. A shark. It's a big ass shark."

"It's on your pole, baby, keep reeling." MSU Softball troubles - coach on the brink? - Page 2 502811600

No, Darwin, you keep fucking reeling, I'm running my ass somewhere where that fuckin' shark can't follow, asshole.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-15, 22:21

Duke Silver wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Ladies and gentlemen, here's the "influential" friend.  Mods: pls trace this IP stat!!

Well first off I would like to see the staff fired and have thought so for years. Second of all the fact that I know the midwest is not a good recruiting ground for softball and that the female softball coach is probably not sexually involved with a man signifies not inside knowledge but just common sense. I mean really man.

Ferguson is an idiot and "influential" prove to me otherwise or provide wild speculation who might be protecting her. If she's Mannie's wife, then by all means McBride is a lying bitch
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-06-15, 22:46

affraid
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke Silver 2015-06-15, 23:57

Blanch32 wrote:
Duke Silver wrote:

Ferguson is an idiot and "influential" prove to me otherwise or provide wild speculation who might be protecting her. If she's Mannie's wife, then by all means McBride is a lying bitch

I have no idea if Ferguson is involved with this at all, but it wouldn't surprise me. Though I can assure you JJ is not married to Mannie or any other male for that matter.
Duke Silver
Duke Silver
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-06-16, 00:19

The fact MSU hired Miller Cannfield says this is serious shit and there are probably other "issues" they hope will never see the light of day.

Was out with some friends, one of who is an umaa grad and um law grad. We were commenting on this mess when someone suggested that Jospeh should sue her accuser. The lawyer at the table said that might not be a good idea because that could result in more "stuff" going public that would not be helpful to MSU.

The same guy who suggested Joseph suing said umaa's coach Hutchins was supporting Joseph. The umaa grad piped in, "of course Hutchins wants the coach of a doormat team to stay put." Couldn't have said it better myself.

I cannot see any way that Joseph retains her job and manages to get players to ever climb out of the Big Ten lower division
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-06-16, 00:31

Tim Bograkos is in a tough spot. His wife's whole working life has revolved around MSU softball and she hooked her wagon to a bad coach simply because she's spent her whole like in Okemos/EL and took a job at MSU.

Bograkos is in a tough spot. Don't know how I'd react in his position since the MSU Alumni Association is one of those be friends with everybody / never piss anyone off jobs.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-16, 08:02

GRR Spartan wrote:

Tim Bograkos is in a tough spot. His wife's whole working life has revolved around MSU softball and she hooked her wagon to a bad coach simply because she's spent her whole like in Okemos/EL and took a job at MSU.

Bograkos is in a tough spot. Don't know how I'd react in his position since the MSU Alumni Association is one of those be friends with everybody / never piss anyone off jobs.
it might be time for a RCMB-sponsored "Turkey Sandwich With Timbo" podcast.. ya know, just to clear the air.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-16, 08:28

Duke Silver wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

I have no idea if Ferguson is involved with this at all, but it wouldn't surprise me. Though I can assure you JJ is not married to Mannie or any other male for that matter.

lAKS misstress????
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-16, 08:30

GRR Spartan wrote:

Agreed. The fact she "took matters I her own hands" will not be good. Remember that NJ bball coach who would throw balls around at his players? That's going to be here.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-16, 13:31

The News has the police report up:

Texts reveal animosity on MSU softball team

In a 28-page Michigan State Police report obtained by The Detroit News late Monday, text messages showed a mutual dislike between Michigan State softball coaches and player Alyssa McBride, while assistant Jessica Bograkos states she's hit "hundreds of players" over the years during batting practice.

The investigation into the conduct of head coach Jacquie Joseph and Bograkos is closed and has been forwarded to two county prosecutors, who are reviewing the allegations and will determine what, if any, charges are filed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2015-06-16, 13:35

GRR Spartan wrote:The fact MSU hired Miller Cannfield says this is serious shit and there are probably other "issues" they hope will never see the light of day.

Was out with some friends, one of who is an umaa grad and um law grad. We were commenting on this mess when someone suggested that Jospeh should sue her accuser. The lawyer at the table said that might not be a good idea because that could result in more "stuff" going public that would not be helpful to MSU.

The same guy who suggested Joseph suing said umaa's coach Hutchins was supporting Joseph. The umaa grad piped in, "of course Hutchins wants the coach of a doormat team to stay put." Couldn't have said it better myself.

I cannot see any way that Joseph retains her job and manages to get players to ever climb out of the Big Ten lower division

Did you tell him Coach D supported Hoke for the same reasons MSU Softball troubles - coach on the brink? - Page 2 4113017228
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-16, 13:40

doesn't look too good for MSU softball..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-06-16, 13:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:doesn't look too good for MSU softball..
I'm not worried.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-16, 13:51

Giant Moose wrote:
I'm not worried.
+1

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-16, 14:55

LooseGoose wrote:The News has the police report up:

Texts reveal animosity on MSU softball team

In a 28-page Michigan State Police report obtained by The Detroit News late Monday, text messages showed a mutual dislike between Michigan State softball coaches and player Alyssa McBride, while assistant Jessica Bograkos states she's hit "hundreds of players" over the years during batting practice.

The investigation into the conduct of head coach Jacquie Joseph and Bograkos is closed and has been forwarded to two county prosecutors, who are reviewing the allegations and will determine what, if any, charges are filed.

Fwiw, methinks the batboy was trying to bang McBride. Joseph cannot be happy with this
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-06-16, 15:22

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:
violence isn't the answer.. MSU Softball troubles - coach on the brink? - Page 2 4177874726

MSU Softball troubles - coach on the brink? - Page 2 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-06-16, 15:24

No kidding. Did you see the 2012 Big Ten record? Embarrassing.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-06-16, 19:47

Saw a new article. I guess the manager who overheard the conversation between the coaches told another manager on the team BEFORE the player was hit. He didn't know who they were talking about. Then after the blondo got hit, she texted the manager that she was hit in warmups and he responded immediately and said basically holy shit, it was you they were talking about, they did it on purpose. I guess both student managers back this version of the events. 

These coaches - they gone. 

I wonder if this is going to affect TimBo's relationship with the U. Isn't he basically the head of the alumni association or something? I know he's still close to the b-ball program. Not that I really care....just will be interesting to see the fallout.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-06-16, 21:54

Tim survives and he has probably gotten some advice to stay off social media. If he takes it to heart and quits commenting about softball and his wife he can be in that job until Izzo retires minimum.

After the news that it was a manager who overheard the conversation and spoke to another manager before the incident is not good for either coach.

Beech-Bograkos saying she's hit 100's of Spartans in BP says something about the way Joseph takes care of her players. Anything more than 70 (10 hit per year) is excessive and means Joseph needed a new BP pitcher.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next