4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids

Post by NigelUno on 2015-07-11, 07:23

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I love that this random ass thread received 100+ replies. Especially since there are only 5 people who post on this board (THANKS A LOT NIGEL - TOTALLY YOUR FAULT!)

I'm gonna leave at like 7:45 AM. Exit 69 straight up to Gaylord. Pick up my family. On to St. Ignace. Buy khaki pants. Post a bunch of shit to Instagram. Drop family off in Gaylord. Back to Exit 69. 

Wish me luck. Hopefully I won't have to splash water on anyone's windshield. I will have the soothing voices of Ernie and Paul to take me home. Errr Dan and Marble Mouth.

Rick and Rizz?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2015-07-11, 08:17

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I love that this random ass thread received 100+ replies. Especially since there are only 5 people who post on this board (THANKS A LOT NIGEL - TOTALLY YOUR FAULT!)

I'm gonna leave at like 7:45 AM. Exit 69 straight up to Gaylord. Pick up my family. On to St. Ignace. Buy khaki pants. Post a bunch of shit to Instagram. Drop family off in Gaylord. Back to Exit 69. 

Wish me luck. Hopefully I won't have to splash water on anyone's windshield. I will have the soothing voices of Ernie and Paul to take me home. Errr Dan and Marble Mouth.

Why are you going to St. Ignace anyway?

Take the kids to the water park at Boyne Mountain. They'll have more fun doing that.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by yooper on 2015-07-11, 09:39

The Pantry wrote:Bill Walker, a St. Ignace native who spent much of his life and career in lower Michigan, purchased Lehto’s Pasties May 1. The pasty shop, on US-2, has a simple menu, which Mr. Walker doesn’t plan to change: Pasties come hot, cold, or frozen.

Pasties are $5.50 and weigh about a pound. Mr. Walker emphasizes the “about” because the pasties are homemade, and weight varies.

http://www.stignacenews.com/news/2012-05-31/News/Walker_Family_Buys_Lehtos_Pasties_On_US2.html
The Pantry wrote:Bill Walker, a St. Ignace native who spent much of his life and career in lower Michigan, purchased Lehto’s Pasties May 1. The pasty shop, on US-2, has a simple menu, which Mr. Walker doesn’t plan to change: Pasties come hot, cold, or frozen.

Pasties are $5.50 and weigh about a pound. Mr. Walker emphasizes the “about” because the pasties are homemade, and weight varies.

http://www.stignacenews.com/news/2012-05-31/News/Walker_Family_Buys_Lehtos_Pasties_On_US2.html

A troll bought a pasty shop that already sucked? This should be fun (but they can't get much worse than they were a decade ago, when I wrote this review of Lehto's Pasties ... back when I was in the business of writing pasty reviews):

If you had to ask me what pasty shop I expected to produce the best pasty available before trying any of them, I most certainly would have told you Lehto's.  My expectations were very high for this pasty shop and I'm not too sure why.  I guess it had to do with the fact that Lehto's is one of the most noticeable pasty shops on U.S. 2 with its ridiculously big sign. Also, how could a place named "Lehto's" survive for decades (while being closed in the winter) with an inferior product?

Lehto's is a comfortable looking little pasty shop from the outside and even more inviting on the inside.  This place is dripping in pasty lore. There's an old lady who runs around inside wearing what I can only assume is a "pasty-making" hat. Gimmick #1. I've heard from several sources that Lehto's sells out of pasties each and every day around 2:00 p.m.  I believe it, because when I stopped in, the parking lot was jam packed and the only pasties I could get were some freshly made ones from that day (there were no frozen pasties available.) Lehto's proudly adorns its walls with artifacts from its rich history in the pasty trade.

First Impressions:  This pasty is SMALL!!!  Considering the price of $3.95 per pasty, you'd expect to get a whole lot more for your money.  Perhaps the price would be justified by the flavor.  We'll see.  A small size has some positives, of course.  This pasty is ideally suited for handheld eating.  You can just peel back the wrapper, hold it in one hand and eat it while doing most daily activities.  You could also hold this pasty in the front pocket of your shirt or in a fanny pack quite easily. Maybe even two of them.

Crust:  The crust of these pasties is very firm and tough.  You could probably drop this down a mine shaft and find it in one piece, which I guess is a positive.  Da Yoopers made a song about a lady who makes her pasties way too hard, causing her husband to sell them to people as hockey pucks and door stops.  Pretty sure Lehto's was the inspiration for that song.  Anyhow, the crust has a beautiful golden color and appears to be baked to perfection.  Once again, we find a new method of sealing the crust edges.  It appears that the crust has no edge!  The crust is pretty uniform in thickness around the entire pasty, with only a minor surface feature on the top where the pasty crust overlaps slightly.  Other than that, the crust is somewhat void of interesting features.  

Unfortunately, this crust lacks flavor.  I've read about Lehto's pasties in some other pasty forums around the internet and many people seem to really enjoy the flavor of the crust, but I dont' get it.  In fact, I would almost go as far as to say the crust is terrible.  It tastes like they took some saltine crackers, scraped all the salt off of them, ground them up, added some water and then shaped them into pasty crusts.  There is no flavor.   It seems that the only function this crust serves is to bind the fillings together.  That's it.  I'm not so sure what everyone else is so impressed with?

Filling:  Once again we find a filling that consists of very thinly sliced potatos.  There appears to be very few additional ingredients in the filling of this pasty.  The only items I could detect were beef, potatos and onions.  That's it.  Where the HELL are the carrots?  Or how about the DAMN rutebegas?!?!?!?  It's official.  This is the worst pasty I've ever had.  No doubt about it ... I won't go back to Lehtos' anymore if this is the type of product they're going to sell.  I think their strategy is to capitalize on their location, being the first major pasty shop before/after the bridge (depending on which way you're headed.)  They fill their shop with all kinds of impressive pasty relics, put a silly hat up on the top of an old lady and have her run around making low-quality bullshit pasties.  I guess you pay for the experience of "A trip down pasty memory lane" ... it's nice to stop in at Lehto's to see the sights, but don't expect to walk out with a flavorful product.

Overall:  All told, this is a crappy pasty.  $3.95 is too much money to spend for a small, hard, flavorless ball of potatoes and flour. After eating this pasty, you'll walk away wishing that you could take a shit RIGHT AWAY to get it the hell out of your body, even in one of the U.P.'s less modernized outhouse road stops.  By 2005 it will be common to hear people replacing sayings like "Fuck you!" with "I bet you like to eat Lehto's Pasties!"

Rating:1.0 Stars (out of 5.0)

Pros:
Small size has its perks (i.e. put it in your pocket)

Cons:
No flavor
Very high price of $3.95 per pasty
Silly gimmicks employed to sell products
This pasty is bullshit
yooper
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2015-07-11, 10:07

yooper wrote:A troll bought a pasty shop that already sucked? This should be fun (but they can't get much worse than they were a decade ago, when I wrote this review of Lehto's Pasties ... back when I was in the business of writing pasty reviews):

This pasty is bullshit
My takeaway from that article is that you weren't impressed.

Was the pasty review business a good business?

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ on 2015-07-11, 12:09

yooper wrote:This pasty is ideally suited for handheld eating.  You can just peel back the wrapper, hold it in one hand and eat it while doing most daily activities.  You could also hold this pasty in the front pocket of your shirt or in a fanny pack quite easily. Maybe even two of them.

Lol
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2015-07-11, 13:06

To be honest, I probably have not had a Lehto's pasty in over 35 years. Once we found Red Onion pasty shop in Negaunee we stopped going to Lehto's on trips back and forth to the Keweenaw.

I have Lehto's recipe somewhere, along with my mom's. Will have to look for it sometime.
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on 2015-07-11, 14:40

Mmm pasties...

Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2015-07-12, 09:42

Trip report is now overdue.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2015-07-12, 09:50

Texted him when WOW internet in our vicinity went out for second time in a week.

No pasties for me and I suspect no virgin for you.
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty on 2015-07-12, 22:19

Why won't Blanco Boy update us? Did he chicken out on crossing the bridge??
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2015-07-12, 22:29

Because my fucking internet has been down for the better part of 36 hours. 

It went decent. Left at 7:45 AM. Made great time to Gaylord. Was there by 10:30. Waited on the wife for about 10 minutes. Hugged them, got them in the car and high tailed it for the bridge. Made it in about 50 minutes. There was construction on the bridge, and getting on was a pain, and from about the 2/3 point to the toll booths took about 45 minutes. It must have been one of those times when the bridge was swinging out to the island. Kids were excited and wanted to see Moose (not Giant Moose) but quickly became bored with the traffic backup. 

Drove around St. Ignace, went and climbed Castle Rock (that is actually not super easy when you are carrying a 30 lb kid to my surprise). Went back across. Went to Ft. Michilimackinanckankcak. Took some pictures. Played at the playscape. Went to the beach. Took some pictures. 5 year old threw fit about stepping in goose shit. 

Drove back to Gaylord. Ate at the Sugar Bowl. Fucking horrible. Tired kids at this point. Things were deteriorating. Dropped them off at mom's car. Kids bawling because they are going to "miss Daddy" despite the fact that they hadn't missed me once in 4+ days and will be back home in a day. Daddy silently bawling because I have to drive 3 hours+ home and the Tigers game I had slated for entertainment was already 7-1. Got gas, bought a Mountain Dew just in case. Averaged 83 mph on the way home. Home by 8:30. 

I've never had a pasty. Not particularly interested. Not particularly interested in virgins either. Didn't bring either home with me.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT on 2015-07-12, 23:05

When I see "big Mac bridge" I immediately think of a bridge made of cheeseburgers, being opened by Mayor McCheese.
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2015-07-13, 01:12

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
I've never had a pasty. Not particularly interested.
You should try one. There's a place call Weldons in the shopping center at the NE corner of Maple & Dequindre. Their pasties are not great but are pretty good.

Whatever you do, never get pasty at Albie's. They are terrible.
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2015-07-13, 07:30

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Because my fucking internet has been down for the better part of 36 hours. 

It went decent. Left at 7:45 AM. Made great time to Gaylord. Was there by 10:30. Waited on the wife for about 10 minutes. Hugged them, got them in the car and high tailed it for the bridge. Made it in about 50 minutes. There was construction on the bridge, and getting on was a pain, and from about the 2/3 point to the toll booths took about 45 minutes. It must have been one of those times when the bridge was swinging out to the island. Kids were excited and wanted to see Moose (not Giant Moose) but quickly became bored with the traffic backup. 

Drove around St. Ignace, went and climbed Castle Rock (that is actually not super easy when you are carrying a 30 lb kid to my surprise). Went back across. Went to Ft. Michilimackinanckankcak. Took some pictures. Played at the playscape. Went to the beach. Took some pictures. 5 year old threw fit about stepping in goose shit. 

Drove back to Gaylord. Ate at the Sugar Bowl. Fucking horrible. Tired kids at this point. Things were deteriorating. Dropped them off at mom's car. Kids bawling because they are going to "miss Daddy" despite the fact that they hadn't missed me once in 4+ days and will be back home in a day. Daddy silently bawling because I have to drive 3 hours+ home and the Tigers game I had slated for entertainment was already 7-1. Got gas, bought a Mountain Dew just in case. Averaged 83 mph on the way home. Home by 8:30. 

I've never had a pasty. Not particularly interested. Not particularly interested in virgins either. Didn't bring either home with me.
oh, man, you'd love it - you don't know what you're missing. I mean, what are you thinking? Do you know how great your life would be? Man, you're really missing out - I mean REALLY missing out. They're so much better than you think.. I mean, how could you live on the planet and NEVER do this?

Really? wow - you don't know what you're missing.

Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose on 2015-07-13, 08:50

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Because my fucking internet has been down for the better part of 36 hours. 

oh, man, you'd love it - you don't know what you're missing. I mean, what are you thinking? Do you know how great your life would be? Man, you're really missing out - I mean REALLY missing out. They're so much better than you think.. I mean, how could you live on the planet and NEVER do this?

Bob, a pasty is really good to have a beer with.
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose on 2015-07-13, 08:53

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Kids were excited and wanted to see Moose (not Giant Moose) but quickly became bored with the traffic backup.
Neutral
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2015-07-13, 09:04

Giant Moose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:oh, man, you'd love it - you don't know what you're missing. I mean, what are you thinking? Do you know how great your life would be? Man, you're really missing out - I mean REALLY missing out. They're so much better than you think.. I mean, how could you live on the planet and NEVER do this?

Bob, a pasty is really good to have a beer with.
interesting.. the last person who I was recommended to have a beer with was kind of doughy and void of intellect, as well.

Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2015-07-13, 10:04

Actually sounds like a pretty good Dad day. Except the Tigers part.

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2015-07-13, 10:43

Actually a pretty nice little Saturday....ran out of time for Home Depot, though.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty on 2015-07-13, 14:47

Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty on 2015-07-13, 14:50

Oops. Can I edit post on mobile?

I would have checked bridge construction prior to leaving and went to Island from Mac City. Also, anyone who properly presses his Up North khakis knows that Sugar Bowl sucks. Alpine Tavern is where it's at in Gaylord.
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2015-07-13, 15:37

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Your sarcasm gets old sometimes.

You should try one if you ever go Up North
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2015-07-13, 23:41

Bob is a repetitive machine. Super annoying. But I still love him. 

I don't see a parallel here. I'm opining on something tangible - I know what kind food I do and do not like. 

Bob is opining on something completely nebulous. 

He views Northern Michigan as some sort of yuppie haven and doesn't want to be associated with it, he just wants to incessantly mock it. He's stereotyping. Like Up North is black and he's a Fox News anchor.

I don't know man, I'm not trying to spend my every waking second up there either. But I have to admit, I drove 4 hours (with another 4 on my agenda to get back home and take care of my dog) just to see my kids experience the bridge for the first time. And I, myself hadn't experienced it for 5+ years. It's kind of crazy awe-inspiring and beautiful up there. I didn't enjoy getting stuck for 45 minutes on the bridge but it's a big step up from the Ambassador bridge. I mean dayum....it's beautiful up there, and that thing is a massive feat of engineering. It's worth seeing. 

We have a pretty unique state in truth. Lots of natural beauty.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green on 2015-07-14, 04:04

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

No reason to try it. It is much more fun to show how little you care about something by constantly mocking it. This way even if your opinion is based 100% on ignorance there is no reason to stop.
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green on 2015-07-14, 04:18

I can see conversations with Bob when he goes to NC:

"You are from Michigan.  I went to the UP once and it really is beautiful"

-I have no interest in ever going to the UP.  It is full of yuppy families posting on facebook.

"Dont they say the great lakes have like 50% of the fresh water in the world. Those beaches on Lake Michigan are beautiful"

-I have never actually seen the great lakes. My coworkers talk about going to lakes and it is really annoying

"My grandpa had a cottage on Beaver Island I went to as a kid.  Those were the best memories of my life"

-I have never actually been outside Lansing except for any roads I can get to on my bike

"Lansing.  Isn't that where MSU is?.  You guys have had some great sports teams lately"

-yeah I live in East Lansing just blocks from campus.  But I hate MSU sports and make fun of everyone in town that likes them.  I get such a kick out of it that I spend hours daily on MSU sports message boards.

"Well, nice meeting you.  You sound like a great guy to get a beer with.  At least you do have a lot of great beer in Michigan"

-I wouldn't know.  I prefer a pabst draft and mock anyone that drinks beer that sounds different
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2015-07-14, 05:06

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Bob is a repetitive machine. Super annoying. But I still love him. 

I don't see a parallel here. I'm opining on something tangible - I know what kind food I do and do not like. 

He views Northern Michigan as some sort of yuppie haven and doesn't want to be associated with it, he just wants to incessantly mock it. He's stereotyping. Like Up North is black and he's a Fox News anchor.

I don't know man, I'm not trying to spend my every waking second up there either. But I have to admit, I drove 4 hours (with another 4 on my agenda to get back home and take care of my dog) just to see my kids experience the bridge for the first time. And I, myself hadn't experienced it for 5+ years. It's kind of crazy awe-inspiring and beautiful up there. I didn't enjoy getting stuck for 45 minutes on the bridge but it's a big step up from the Ambassador bridge. I mean dayum....it's beautiful up there, and that thing is a massive feat of engineering. It's worth seeing. 

"Up North" is what you make of it.  There are plenty of areas on lakes etc that are yuppie havens, I don't begrudge them that - they need havens just like everyone else.   There are also enormous swathes of "up north" that allow a middle or lower income family a place to vacation and enjoy the woods and water. 

How many other states can you buy a cottage with lake access starting for under $20K?  Obviously those aren't fancy but it's a place to go that's yours.  A place that your kids will remember as special for the rest of their lives.  Overall a pretty cheap way to make those kind of memories compared to the cost of vacations elsewhere.

I planned to move up here my entire life and love it.  4-5 days a week of peace and tranquility then 2-3 days of interesting people watching.  The toys change with the seasons but the people really don't.  Every weekend brings a slightly different cross section of Michigan into the stores, bars and restaurants.  I'm getting to be just enough of an old fogie that I like to watch the kids bouncing around from the simple joy of being here.   Somehow it makes me slightly less cynical about life after my weekly dose of national politics, etc.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT on 2015-07-14, 07:24

LooseGoose wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Bob is a repetitive machine. Super annoying. But I still love him. 

"Up North" is what you make of it.  There are plenty of areas on lakes etc that are yuppie havens, I don't begrudge them that - they need havens just like everyone else.   There are also enormous swathes of "up north" that allow a middle or lower income family a place to vacation and enjoy the woods and water. 

How many other states can you buy a cottage with lake access starting for under $20K?  Obviously those aren't fancy but it's a place to go that's yours.  A place that your kids will remember as special for the rest of their lives.  Overall a pretty cheap way to make those kind of memories compared to the cost of vacations elsewhere.

I planned to move up here my entire life and love it.  4-5 days a week of peace and tranquility then 2-3 days of interesting people watching.  The toys change with the seasons but the people really don't.  Every weekend brings a slightly different cross section of Michigan into the stores, bars and restaurants.  I'm getting to be just enough of an old fogie that I like to watch the kids bouncing around from the simple joy of being here.   Somehow it makes me slightly less cynical about life after my weekly dose of national politics, etc.

You can get a cottage there for 20k? Damn, that sounds like a good deal to live in a place that's beautiful. Love going up to northern Michigan. It's so peaceful and I love all the greenery up there. Very relaxing place.
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2015-07-14, 07:51

HT wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:How many other states can you buy a cottage with lake access starting for under $20K?  Obviously those aren't fancy but it's a place to go that's yours.  A place that your kids will remember as special for the rest of their lives.  Overall a pretty cheap way to make those kind of memories compared to the cost of vacations elsewhere.
You can get a cottage there for 20k? Damn, that sounds like a good deal to live in a place that's beautiful. Love going up to northern Michigan. It's so peaceful and I love all the greenery up there. Very relaxing place.
Keep in mind my qualifier there.....but yes.  I just quickly dug up 4 examples off Zillow, only one of these has deeded lake access but there are enough public access points up here than you're never more than 5-10 miles away from water you can use.

2228 Bergof Dr, Grayling, MI 49738

7775 Meridian Line Rd, Johannesburg, MI 49751

1131 Northern Trl, Alger, MI 48610

3588 Terrace Ct, Luzerne, MI 48636

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2015-07-14, 07:59

Herbie Green wrote:I can see conversations with Bob when he goes to NC:

-I have no interest in ever going to the UP.  It is full of yuppy families posting on facebook.

"Dont they say the great lakes have like 50% of the fresh water in the world.  Those beaches on Lake Michigan are beautiful"

-I have never actually seen the great lakes.  My coworkers talk about going to lakes and it is really annoying

"My grandpa had a cottage on Beaver Island I went to as a kid.  Those were the best memories of my life"

-I have never actually been outside Lansing except for any roads I can get to on my bike

"Lansing.  Isn't that where MSU is?.  You guys have had some great sports teams lately"

-yeah I live in East Lansing just blocks from campus.  But I hate MSU sports and make fun of everyone in town that likes them.  I get such a kick out of it that I spend hours daily on MSU sports message boards.

"Well, nice meeting you.  You sound like a great guy to get a beer with.  At least you do have a lot of great beer in Michigan"

-I wouldn't know.  I prefer a pabst draft and mock anyone that drinks beer that sounds different
I would never imply that I live in Lansing.. might as well live in Holt. Or Dewitt.
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2015-07-14, 08:01

HT wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

this. And only this.
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose on 2015-07-14, 08:02

HT wrote:You can get a cottage there for 20k? Damn, that sounds like a good deal to live in a place that's beautiful. Love going up to northern Michigan. It's so peaceful and I love all the greenery up there. Very relaxing place.
Living in the woods with people who buy $20k cabins sounds a little scary in all honesty.
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2015-07-14, 08:04

Giant Moose wrote:
HT wrote:You can get a cottage there for 20k? Damn, that sounds like a good deal to live in a place that's beautiful. Love going up to northern Michigan. It's so peaceful and I love all the greenery up there. Very relaxing place.
Living in the woods with people who buy $20k cabins sounds a little scary in all honesty.
it's lovely.. and very peaceful. And green.

Don't forget the green.

oh - and you really should go. I mean, REALLY. Even if you're not interested, you should still go.
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green on 2015-07-14, 08:58

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:I can see conversations with Bob when he goes to NC:

"Dont they say the great lakes have like 50% of the fresh water in the world.  Those beaches on Lake Michigan are beautiful"

-I have never actually seen the great lakes.  My coworkers talk about going to lakes and it is really annoying

I would never imply that I live in Lansing.. might as well live in Holt. Or Dewitt.

When you meet people out of state unfortunately you generally have to tell them "Lansing" because they won't understand how much cooler it is to live in East Lansing and that anyone living in Lansing or other surrounding areas should be mocked and riduculed.
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose on 2015-07-14, 09:00

Herbie Green wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

When you meet people out of state unfortunately you generally have to tell them "Lansing" because they won't understand how much cooler it is to live in East Lansing and that anyone living in Lansing or other surrounding areas should be mocked and riduculed.
You should just tell them Ann Arbor because people out of state think that MSU and UM are the same thing.
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green on 2015-07-14, 09:01

Giant Moose wrote:

Why, because they might try to tag you in their Instagram photos?
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2015-07-14, 09:20

LooseGoose wrote:
HT wrote:
Keep in mind my qualifier there.....but yes.  I just quickly dug up 4 examples off Zillow, only one of these has deeded lake access but there are enough public access points up here than you're never more than 5-10 miles away from water you can use.

2228 Bergof Dr, Grayling, MI 49738

7775 Meridian Line Rd, Johannesburg, MI 49751

1131 Northern Trl, Alger, MI 48610

3588 Terrace Ct, Luzerne, MI 48636

Is northern Michigan unique in that aspect? As far as buying $20,000 homes that are near small lakes?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose on 2015-07-14, 09:39

Herbie Green wrote:Why, because they might try to tag you in their Instagram photos?
No, because those properties look very neglected and attract lower-income people.
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2015-07-14, 10:06

Herbie Green wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

most people I choose to hang out with are aware of this little college in East Lansing.. they've usually heard of it.
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2015-07-14, 10:31

Giant Moose wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:Why, because they might try to tag you in their Instagram photos?
No, because those properties look very neglected and attract lower-income people.
lol, well you need projects to fill all those weekends.   You seem to have an inordinate fear of lower income Americans, should we talk more about that?

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT on 2015-07-14, 11:01

Giant Moose wrote:

I hate doing home repair work so I'd probably steer clear. Still, I'm impressed at how cheap property is in Michigan. Lakefront property in New York is super-expensive.
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum