LLWS.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LLWS.

Post by By-Tor on 2015-08-30, 16:09

I'm being forced to watch this with my kids. Is this stadium for real? Or are they playing in someone's backyard? I believe 8 HRs have been hit and it's top of 2. Lol
avatar
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 945
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: LLWS.

Post by tGreenWay on 2015-08-30, 16:14

Little Lone Wolf Spartan?

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 19400
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: LLWS.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2015-08-30, 16:29

Shit is awful to watch
avatar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 20357
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Denver, CO

Back to top Go down

Re: LLWS.

Post by By-Tor on 2015-08-30, 17:04

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Shit is awful to watch
I walked out. Told my son that's not real baseball
avatar
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 945
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: LLWS.

Post by tGreenWay on 2015-08-30, 17:16

By-Tor wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Shit is awful to watch
I walked out. Told my son that's not real baseball

Did you explain to him what is real baseball? If not, you've lost the opportunity for a teachable moment. (I learned that from Tom Izzo.)

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 19400
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: LLWS.

Post by By-Tor on 2015-08-30, 18:04

tGreenWay wrote:
By-Tor wrote:I walked out. Told my son that's not real baseball

Did you explain to him what is real baseball? If not, you've lost the opportunity for a teachable moment. (I learned that from Tom Izzo.)
i like that. Gonna watch Field of Dreams tonight.
avatar
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 945
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: LLWS.

Post by kingstonlake on 2015-08-30, 18:09

By-Tor wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Shit is awful to watch
I walked out. Told my son that's not real baseball

Did you turn on the Tigers game?
avatar
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 5135
Join date : 2014-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: LLWS.

Post by Turtleneck on 2015-08-30, 18:26

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Shit is awful to watch

Can they stop televising it already?
avatar
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 22466
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : tswill.com

Back to top Go down

Re: LLWS.

Post by GRR Spartan on 2015-08-30, 18:47

Turtleneck wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Shit is awful to watch

Can they stop televising it already?

LLWS fills a huge programming hole for ESPN and they are not wanting for sponsors. If Kellogg would bail General Mills or Kraft would be there to take Kellogg's place.

Japan had a few more hitters and more pitchers. But I actually like and watch baseball that puts me in a minority.
avatar
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 5584
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: LLWS.

Post by Turtleneck on 2015-08-30, 18:58

GRR Spartan wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Can they stop televising it already?

LLWS fills a huge programming hole for ESPN and they are not wanting for sponsors. If Kellogg would bail General Mills or Kraft would be there to take Kellogg's place.

Japan had a few more hitters and more pitchers. But I actually like and watch baseball that puts me in a minority.

I don't want them to stop televising it...or they can. I don't care. It's just a matter of going to the NBA already.
avatar
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 22466
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : tswill.com

Back to top Go down

Re: LLWS.

Post by tGreenWay on 2015-08-30, 21:30

By-Tor wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Did you explain to him what is real baseball? If not, you've lost the opportunity for a teachable moment. (I learned that from Tom Izzo.)
i like that. Gonna watch Field of Dreams tonight.

Great idea. I wish my dad had been alive to see that movie, and I might kill to have one more catch with him.

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 19400
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: LLWS.

Post by LooseGoose on 2016-08-12, 19:16

With wins yesterday and just now in sudden death games Essexville, MI advanced to the Regional Final game tomorrow at 5pm for a trip to Williamsport.

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 32549
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: LLWS.

Post by By-Tor on 2016-08-13, 00:30

These boys need to be playing on a 50/70 diamond. None of this bullshit 46/60 that 9 year old travel ball kids play on. They're freaking 12 years old for god sakes.
avatar
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 945
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: LLWS.

Post by Tim Wakefield on 2016-08-13, 03:14

My LL won state and made it to the Great Lakes/Central regional most years. I won state once and lost right away..guess I was in the wrong year. Kentucky always went to Williamsport/Columbia MS (Junior League)/Bangor MN (Senior League)..wasnt ever close..those hillbillys could play some ball...

Midland beat us pretty much every year at state when I was 13-16..they had a couple dudes go to MSU to play ball, you could probably look them up if you're curious. They absolutely dominated. Most travel teams would kick ass in Little League divisions I think. I'm still a Little League supporter..mostly cause my friends that played travel ball all summer lost their interest in the game. I don't think I'd ever lose my passion for baseball, but I'm thankful I had a great system to grow up in.

Travel leagues are more competitive therefore kids dedicate more time to them... But coming from a strong Little League system on the west side of GR, I have a soft spot for Little League teams that do it the right way. It was great back in the day when I was growing up

Edit: I'm pretty strongly in favour of Little League. Travel league teams seem like mercenaries to me. I loved representing my district of GR and later on, representing the entire state. I don't think travel leagues have that kind of incentive. Idk. I'm drunk

_________________
CamarĂ³n que se duerme, se lo lleva la corriente
avatar
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 3726
Join date : 2014-04-23
Age : 23
Location : EL

Back to top Go down

Re: LLWS.

Post by aualum06 on 2016-08-13, 13:36

Tim Wakefield wrote:My LL won state and made it to the Great Lakes/Central regional most years. I won state once and lost right away..guess I was in the wrong year. Kentucky always went to Williamsport/Columbia MS (Junior League)/Bangor MN (Senior League)..wasnt ever close..those hillbillys could play some ball...

Midland beat us pretty much every year at state when I was 13-16..they had a couple dudes go to MSU to play ball, you could probably look them up if you're curious. They absolutely dominated. Most travel teams would kick ass in Little League divisions I think. I'm still a Little League supporter..mostly cause my friends that played travel ball all summer lost their interest in the game. I don't think I'd ever lose my passion for baseball, but I'm thankful I had a great system to grow up in.

Travel leagues are more competitive therefore kids dedicate more time to them... But coming from a strong Little League system on the west side of GR, I have a soft spot for Little League teams that do it the right way. It was great back in the day when I was growing up

Edit: I'm pretty strongly in favour of Little League. Travel league teams seem like mercenaries to me. I loved representing my district of GR and later on, representing the entire state. I don't think travel leagues have that kind of incentive. Idk. I'm drunk

The sad thing to me is their not really little league teams. It's not you and your friends from just your community. It is you and a bunch of all Stars from the surrounding areas.
avatar
aualum06
Spartiate

Posts : 2868
Join date : 2015-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: LLWS.

Post by By-Tor on 2016-08-13, 13:47

There are a lot of travel teams that try to stay locally based as far as the players they select. It's not all cut throat take the best players from anywhere in the region. Rec little league baseball has been decimated in Metro Detroit. Any kid that has ability and interest in baseball is better served playing for the local travel ball team.
avatar
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 945
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: LLWS.

Post by kingstonlake on 2016-08-14, 13:44

Any word on when this game is gonna be played? Was in a delay at 10am
avatar
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 5135
Join date : 2014-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: LLWS.

Post by LooseGoose on 2016-08-14, 14:46

kingstonlake wrote:Any word on when this game is gonna be played? Was in a delay at 10am

Being played at noon tomorrow now in Williamsport.

http://www.mlive.com/sports/bay-city/index.ssf/2016/08/essexville-hamptons_regional_t.html

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 32549
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: LLWS.

Post by LooseGoose on 2016-08-16, 19:27

Michigan team falls short of Little League World Series

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 32549
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: LLWS.

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-08-12, 20:36

Michigan team keeps dream alive with berth in Little League World Series

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 32549
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: LLWS.

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-08-12, 20:51

Little Lone Wolf Spartan?

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 19400
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: LLWS.

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-08-13, 17:44

The Pointers lay Thursday night at 7pm.

Little League World Series schedule

_________________
"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind mule"
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 32549
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: LLWS.

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-08-13, 17:49

LooseGoose wrote:The Pointers lay Thursday night at 7pm.

Little League World Series schedule

They're too young for s-e-x.

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 19400
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum