Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Texas throw a shit load of money at Hollis?

+6
HT
Robert J Sakimano
GRR Spartan
Floyd Robertson
Blanch32
DWags
10 posters

Go down

Does Texas throw a shit load of money at Hollis?  Empty Does Texas throw a shit load of money at Hollis?

Post by DWags 2015-09-16, 07:17

I would. They need an AD.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Does Texas throw a shit load of money at Hollis?  Empty Re: Does Texas throw a shit load of money at Hollis?

Post by Blanch32 2015-09-16, 07:38

Yes. And he declines. Thus is his izzo to the cavs moment
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Does Texas throw a shit load of money at Hollis?  Empty Re: Does Texas throw a shit load of money at Hollis?

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-09-16, 07:42

The only way he leaves MSU is become Commissioner of the B1G, NFL, NBA or MLB.  I can't see him leaving MSU for another university AD job in light of what he's helping build here.  Plus, he has some unfinished business, like getting Spartan hockey back on track, maybe his only black mark.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-09-16, 07:47

Would not be surprised if UT contacts Hollis for some discussion on what he does, how he does things but things Hollis hasn't done is live in Texas, get a UT degree and he's not a native Texan.  All are big deals to UT donors.

However when I read Phil Knight told people last Saturday night's MSU vs Oregon was  the greatest football game/ event he'd ever attended including bowl games, it drew my attention.  Then add the fact it was Hollis who organized the Nike Basketball Coaches fund raiser.

It's clear Hollis is well respected and if one of his admirers is powerful  like Phil Knight, Hollis future isn't limited to AD jobs.  One good thing is Oregon's AD is only 46 so Knight's money probably won't be used to make Hollis the Duck's new AD.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-09-16, 07:51

Floyd Robertson wrote:The only way he leaves MSU is become Commissioner of the B1G, NFL, NBA or MLB.  I can't see him leaving MSU for another university AD job in light of what he's helping build here.  Plus, he has some unfinished business, like getting Spartan hockey back on track, maybe his only black mark.

Add Nike "AD consultant" to that list. Would work for Nike consulting for AD's of Nike affiliated schools.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-09-16, 07:56

let me know if I need to put up a "I Heart Hollis" sign in my yard begging him to stay.. I would proudly do it.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-09-16, 08:01

I don't think he's stupid enough to go to Texas. They may have lots of money, but they also have that crazy donor base that you have to kowtow to.

I really don't see many great ADs listening to Texas when you look at the hires Patterson made that still weren't good enough for Texas and the short leash he had because of it. What smart AD would want to go somewhere where you'll be in hot water if you don't hire coaches that are white and have a Texas twang?
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-09-16, 08:56

Does Texas throw a shit load of money at Hollis?  21ampoi
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-09-16, 09:09

Patterson turned out to be David Brandon Austin edition.

He fired the media relations guy who's been in Austin for 30 years and looked like was respected by everyone except Patterson whomever even told his revenue coaches he was making that change. Very similar to Brandon firing ticket manager Marty Bodnar who kept coaches, donors and fans happy for years but wasn't Brandon's guy.

What Patterson and Brandon did would be like Hollis firing MSU football's recently retired equipment manager Bob Knickerbocker 2 years after getting the AD job and not talking about it with Dantonio.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2015-09-16, 10:58

Robert J Sakimano wrote:let me know if I need to put up a "I Heart Hollis" sign in my yard begging him to stay.. I would proudly do it.

#StayHomeHollis
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-09-16, 11:15

Brock Middlebrook wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:let me know if I need to put up a "I Heart Hollis" sign in my yard begging him to stay.. I would proudly do it.

#StayHomeHollis

Does Texas throw a shit load of money at Hollis?  4e52dd5de21b2c5b240778e8679c1ec9
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-09-16, 12:22

Holli$
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tMysterious #4 2015-09-16, 13:04

Living in Austin and listening to talk radio, seeing the local news, papers, etc, I would say this is highly unlikely. He probably should be on their radar, but I don't think he is.

The major consensus is that Mack Brown will be offered the job. OU's AD and Oliver Luck are others considered in the running.
tMysterious #4
tMysterious #4
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down