Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you have a phrase your kid came up with

+15
Touchdown
Son of Sparta
Izzo Court
WhiteBoyHatcher
Death Roe
DroppedByADime
Turtleneck
jjspartan
xwing
SpartanGuard
Johnny Alpamayo
Nommad2
InTenSity
Two Star At Best
Sponge Worthy
19 posters

Go down

Do you have a phrase your kid came up with Empty Do you have a phrase your kid came up with

Post by Sponge Worthy 2014-05-07, 11:42

that really "stuck" forever with you and your family?

I spent a few months building a little Man Cave up in a loft out in my shop years ago..a buddy and I built cabinets, a bathroom, bar sink, installed a fridge etc.

When we were done painting the bathroom and had the plumbing all hooked up, my (then) 12 year old Son came up to visit and look around. First inspection was the new bathroom. I was really excited and proud..couldn't wait to hang out with him here, let him play his guitar hero on the TV etc.

He pokes his head into the bathroom door, looks both ways, and declares "I'd crap there"

Ever since, if anything looks nice or cool or it is any kind of place, object, woman of pleasing characteristics, etc. it's "I'd crap there"

It just fits any and all circumstances..weird, huh?

Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Do you have a phrase your kid came up with Empty Re: Do you have a phrase your kid came up with

Post by Two Star At Best 2014-05-07, 11:43

My 3 year old says:

Underbutt
and
Wiener Pit

We have no idea what these things are but call each other them daily.
Two Star At Best
Two Star At Best
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Do you have a phrase your kid came up with Empty Re: Do you have a phrase your kid came up with

Post by Sponge Worthy 2014-05-07, 11:48

Two Star At Best wrote:My 3 year old says:

Underbutt
and
Wiener Pit

We have no idea what these things are but call each other them daily.

Oh I think we all know what your wiener pit is..

C'mon Man, it's right there in your hand

Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Two Star At Best 2014-05-07, 11:51

Sponge Worthy wrote:

Oh I think we all know what your wiener pit is..

C'mon Man, it's right there in your hand

I thought underbutt was yotch/taint but he has no explanation.

I thought he looked in moms old yearbook and found her nickname "wiener pit" but he can't read.
Two Star At Best
Two Star At Best
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-05-07, 12:07

I have no idea what my daughter is saying half the time. One thing I find hilarious is that you can tell her to call 'Precious' (name of whale in Ice Age 2 or 3). She will say it sometimes at the top of her lungs and other times just barely a whisper. When she doesn't say it too loud, I'll tell her to say it 'louder', so she says 'louder'.

After reading this, it isn't as funny as it is IRL.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nommad2 2014-05-07, 12:20

For some reason, my kids call their grandpa "Gampo." Have no idea where or why they came up with that.
Nommad2
Nommad2
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Alpamayo 2014-05-07, 12:30

When one of my kids was playing in the sandbox years ago, she was pretending she was an archaeologist uncovering rare dinosaur bones. She would pick up a piece of rock or whatever and examine it. If it was a dinosaur bone she would joyfully declare it by name - "Spinosaurus!", "Triceratops!", whatever. However, on an unusually frequent rate she would apparently learn these "bones" were from a much more common modern animal - a mountain lion. When this conclusion was reached, she would look at us, sigh, and toss the rock behind her, saying "mountain lion" in a dejected tone. So, for years now, if my wife or I ask each other how something was (a meal, hotel room, a vacation - whatever) and it was just OK or underwhelming, we flatly respond with "mountain lion".
Johnny Alpamayo
Johnny Alpamayo
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanGuard 2014-05-07, 12:42

There are a few floating around my family that came from my brother and I when we were little:
--I couldn't say "commercials", so I called them "kershmows"--that stuck.
--Same with "hink" for "think"
--My brother had issues with the "k" sound, so "okay" became "otay". I use it all the time.

Also, for some reason, I called myself Keena and my brother called me Dadey (neither are close to my first name, idk). But both of those have stuck as nicknames.
SpartanGuard
SpartanGuard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xwing 2014-05-07, 21:05

Yeah mostly just word my kids butchered and mispronounced when they were first learning to speak.

It's funny now to go back and tell them what they called things and people.
xwing
xwing
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by jjspartan 2014-05-07, 22:29

SpartanGuard wrote:There are a few floating around my family that came from my brother and I when we were little:
--My brother had issues with the "k" sound, so "okay" became "otay". I use it all the time.

Also, for some reason, I called myself Keena and my brother called me Dadey (neither are close to my first name, idk). But both of those have stuck as nicknames.
Something about this post sounds ghey. Like you feel cute telling this same story to your girlfriend while snuggling on a Sunday afternoon watching a chickflick.
jjspartan
jjspartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-05-07, 22:32

Why are your children speaking without being spoken to first? This is where the entitlement issues come from.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DroppedByADime 2014-05-07, 22:42

My daughter was maybe 4 when I went to get her a juice box.

She said " no daddy, get from over there, please... Not fridgerator".

" why, honey- those are warm"

" I know daddy. But when ju iceboxes are cold they make ME cold".

I'll never forget that.
DroppedByADime
DroppedByADime
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2014-05-07, 22:45

jjspartan wrote:
Something about this post sounds ghey.   Like you feel cute telling this same story to your girlfriend  while snuggling on a Sunday afternoon watching a chickflick.

Maybe because SpartanGuard IS a chick
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-05-07, 22:47

jjspartan wrote:
Something about this post sounds ghey.   Like you feel cute telling this same story to your girlfriend  while snuggling on a Sunday afternoon watching a chickflick.

That's a chick bro.

Too many of them to count I guess.

My favorite is that my now 4/then 3 year old was really into MMCH when our daughter was born. Mickey has a habit of calling Pluto "Fella", as in "C'mon Fella! Good job Little Fella!" etc. He had no idea that 'Fella' meant guy. So he started calling the baby Little Fella. She is 16 months now and we more often than not refer to her as Little Fella or Fella.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by jjspartan 2014-05-08, 00:01

Death Roe wrote:

Maybe because SpartanGuard IS a chick
Well if that is true then I hope she punches her brother in the dick if he repeats the story.

jjspartan
jjspartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanGuard 2014-05-08, 08:39

jjspartan wrote:
Well if that is true then I hope she punches her brother in the dick if he repeats the story.

Well, there's a reason I'm telling the story(ies) and not him. I could certainly think of more embarrassing kid stories for both of us; this is pretty average stuff.
SpartanGuard
SpartanGuard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nommad2 2014-05-08, 09:57

jjspartan wrote:

Your avatar is fucking amazing. Who is that?
Nommad2
Nommad2
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court 2014-05-08, 10:08

The 3 year old kept saying she watched Titty Cock.

Eventually we realized there is a show on Nick called "Tickety Toc."
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Sparta 2014-05-08, 10:35

SpartanGuard wrote:There are a few floating around my family that came from my brother and I when we were little:

Your brother is Buckwheat from the Little Rascals?

Do you have a phrase your kid came up with Otay
Son of Sparta
Son of Sparta
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Touchdown 2014-05-08, 11:35

Didn't make it up, but as I was trying to lift something up on the shelf the other day and was struggling a bit, my 9 year old looked at me and said "Do you even lift bro?"
:)
Touchdown
Touchdown
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanGuard 2014-05-08, 12:55

Son of Sparta wrote:

Your brother is Buckwheat from the Little Rascals?

Pretty much, until he went into speech therapy.
SpartanGuard
SpartanGuard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSULordyoda 2014-05-08, 13:53

My daughter when she was littler used to call wedgies "butt cracks." Took me a long time to figure out what she meant when she first said, "Dad, I have a butt crack."

My daughter also differentiates her grandparents not by last names but by dogs to the point my ex and I do as well. My Ex-in-laws are Grandma and Grandpa Chewie and my parents are Grandma and Grandpa Puppy Dogs.
MSULordyoda
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-05-08, 14:05

"Eat eat now" means either "feed me" or "it's mealtime."
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-05-08, 14:39

tGreenWay wrote:"Eat eat now" means either "feed me" or "it's mealtime."

Your child beast sounds pretty demanding.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-05-08, 14:44

Leaving the 2003 MSU UofM game, We had lost by 7 and were leaving, some UofM fans were celebrating by our tailgate and my 6 year old daughter says "shut up you bitch ass punks". So, they've been bitch ass punks ever sense.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-05-08, 14:47

Turtleneck wrote:

Your child beast sounds pretty demanding.

Do you have a phrase your kid came up with 502811600 I don't have kids. That was me. I was fat.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2014-05-08, 14:56

DWags wrote:Leaving the 2003 MSU UofM game, We had lost by 7 and were leaving, some UofM fans were celebrating by our tailgate and my 6 year old daughter says "shut up you bitch ass punks".   So, they've been bitch ass punks ever sense.  

Cute, but they were bitch ass punks waaaaayyyyy before that.

Also, as a parent, this would be the only acceptable instance in the history of anything that I can think I wouldn't freak out on my kid for that language.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-05-08, 14:57

tGreenWay wrote:

Do you have a phrase your kid came up with 502811600 I don't have kids. That was me. I was fat.

Do you have a phrase your kid came up with 502811600 
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-05-08, 15:03

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Cute, but they were bitch ass punks waaaaayyyyy before that.

Where do you think she got it from? She cusses like a defensive coordinator when we watch football now.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum