Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another controversial Lions TD catch.

+3
Travis of the Cosmos
Rocinante
Code_Warrior
7 posters

Go down

Another controversial Lions TD catch. Empty Another controversial Lions TD catch.

Post by Code_Warrior Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 15:33

Golden Tate catches ball at goal line, takes a step into the end zone, the ball gets stripped and bounces in the air, the Bears come down with it in the endzone. I'm not sure how it was ruled on the field because I tuned in while they were analyzing the repla. Ultimately, the NFL must've thought they owed a gift to the Lions, ruled it a TD in spite of the fact that everyone, including the Fox rules analyst concluding that it was an interception.

The Lions just find a way to impact the NFL rule book every game. Another controversial Lions TD catch. 1966794946
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Another controversial Lions TD catch. Empty Re: Another controversial Lions TD catch.

Post by Rocinante Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 15:48

If he took a step into the end zone, it's a touchdown. No controversy.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Another controversial Lions TD catch. Empty Re: Another controversial Lions TD catch.

Post by Code_Warrior Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 15:58

Rocinante wrote:If he took a step into the end zone, it's a touchdown. No controversy.
On a passing play, the process of the catch comes into play and it was in the middle of the transition from catching to running that the ball was stripped. I think he needed 2 steps with ball control for the catch to be considered completed. Had he just fallen to the ground, then the Calvin Johnson process rules would be in effect, but since he was taking steps, the transition rules are in effect. It's no different than any other catch where the receiver drops the ball after taking one step and it's ruled incomplete.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 16:00

Code_Warrior wrote:
Rocinante wrote:If he took a step into the end zone, it's a touchdown. No controversy.
On a passing play, the process of the catch comes into play and it was in the middle of the transition from catching to running that the ball was stripped. I think he needed 2 steps with ball control for the catch to be considered completed. Had he just fallen to the ground, then the Calvin Johnson process rules would be in effect, but since he was taking steps, the transition rules are in effect. It's no different than any other catch where the receiver drops the ball after taking one step and it's ruled incomplete.

I got to here and I stopped reading and started giggling about last night for the 400th time today.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 16:01

Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 16:05

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Code_Warrior wrote:

I got to here and I stopped reading and started giggling about last night for the 400th time today.
I know! I'm fucking smiling ear to ear and watching fan reaction videos. It's awesome! When I get the inevitable whining tomorrow at work, I'm just going to say "I remember when I had to console myself like that." and walk away.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 16:35

Since there is no Lions thread....

From the NFL rulebook: If a passive player is pushed or blocked into any kick or fumble, or into a backward pass after it has struck the ground, and if such pushing or blocking is the primary factor that sends such a loose ball in touch, the impetus is by the pusher or blocker, and the pushed (blocked) player will not be considered to have touched the ball.

...the refs giveth, the refs taketh away.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 16:41

Stafford being Stafford again.... Ill advised, off target, shovel pass for a Chicago interception. Another controversial Lions TD catch. 502811600
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 17:15

Lions getting fucked by officiating again
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tig ol bitties Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 17:25

blatant PI by the lions. easy calls.
tig ol bitties
tig ol bitties
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 17:27

tig ol bitties wrote:blatant PI by the lions. easy calls.
It was earlier but the Lions got a TD out of it anyway
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 17:31

Lions take lead with 21 seconds left in the game, but work hard to stop Chicago from losing by committing 2 PI calls that put Chicago on the 11 yard line with 4 seconds left in the game, allowing them to get the tying field goal. Game in OT now. Another controversial Lions TD catch. 502811600
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 17:32

Is it wrong that I was rooting for OT because I have Alshon Jeffery & Forte on my fantasy team?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 17:34

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Is it wrong that I was rooting for OT because I have Alshon Jeffery & Forte on my fantasy team?
No. Financial benefit overrides fandom in pro sports.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 17:44

Stafford is a moron
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 17:55

Kick it now Lions don'[t tempt fate.,
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 17:59

LooseGoose wrote:Kick it now Lions don'[t tempt fate.,
They listened. Lions win.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tig ol bitties Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 18:01

classic lions. start off 0-5. season over. start winning games to fuck up draft position.
tig ol bitties
tig ol bitties
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 18:14

How bad are the Bears that they lose to the Lions? Another controversial Lions TD catch. 1966794946
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down