Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, I used to play guitar when I was at State, and made up some songs.

+11
steveschneider
Cym Jim
The Pantry
GRR Spartan
tanfan!
GirbaudJeans
WhiteBoyHatcher
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
By-Tor
Other Teams Pursuing That
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

So, I used to play guitar when I was at State, and made up some songs. - Page 2 Empty Re: So, I used to play guitar when I was at State, and made up some songs.

Post by steveschneider Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:44 am

https://youtu.be/GY9Y4NVIcBE
Even better. You will have that case open in no time.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

So, I used to play guitar when I was at State, and made up some songs. - Page 2 Empty Re: So, I used to play guitar when I was at State, and made up some songs.

Post by tTy Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:14 am

pulling69 wrote:
tTy wrote:re-listening to this again, it is clear that I am trying to make up for lack of percussion and ability to keep a beat, so the lead is kinda weird/original in that way.  Pretty interesting.  No where near refined.... But, shit, I could wail back then when I wanted to.  lmao.  I'm not saying I was awesome, but I could certainly strum the fuck out of a lot of strings at the same time and make it sound really, really, really..... loud or something... lmmmmffaaaoo
tTy wrote:GODDAMMIT P69, WHERE DID YOU GO?!!!?  I want to break this motherfucker open right now, but it is the original case and if it's like = worth a zilly, I don't want to fuck up the original shit on it.

I better put my screwdrivers away before I just fucking go all Boo Boo Thompson on this motherfucker and wreck it.

An original case is worth some coin but not nearly as much as the guitar...Do you know if it was a Les Paul, an SG, a 335? Easier to find a replacement lock or case than a guitar.

PS Or you could take it to a good shop like Elderly and they probably have the key.

I think I'll just take it to a shop. I have no idea on model. I was just a dumb kid back then.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:31 am

Did you get it open yet? Get to it dammit!
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:12 pm

This thread sucks... where are the sweat guitar riffs?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:42 pm

Nordic wrote:This thread sucks... where are the sweat guitar riffs?
Angus has some sweaty guitar riffs for ya..

So, I used to play guitar when I was at State, and made up some songs. - Page 2 7d395650dc5dc0ff1154c2e9a1a723df

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:50 pm

Why isn't this shit on soundcloud yet, Ty?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:42 pm

I just found the intro track to an 8 song album I did in 1998-1999, right after I got out of the Navy. This was immediately followed by a rising powerchord on the same note that this ends on, but I can't find that song. I think I left it at my ex's when I got the fuck out of dodge. Anyway. This thread got my juices flowing again. Post your stuff, TY!!

https://soundcloud.com/user-720958829/intro1998/s-uQ4Xl
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:08 pm

Rocinante wrote:I just found the intro track to an 8 song album I did in 1998-1999, right after I got out of the Navy. This was immediately followed by a rising powerchord on the same note that this ends on, but I can't find that song. I think I left it at my ex's when I got the fuck out of dodge. Anyway. This thread got my juices flowing again. Post your stuff, TY!!

Found an old review of that album online....

"This pretentious ponderous collection of religious rock psalms is enough to prompt the question, 'What day did the Lord create Rocinante, and couldn't he have rested on that day too?'"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:26 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:I just found the intro track to an 8 song album I did in 1998-1999, right after I got out of the Navy. This was immediately followed by a rising powerchord on the same note that this ends on, but I can't find that song. I think I left it at my ex's when I got the fuck out of dodge. Anyway. This thread got my juices flowing again. Post your stuff, TY!!

"This pretentious ponderous collection of religious rock psalms is enough to prompt the question, 'What day did the Lord create Rocinante, and couldn't he have rested on that day too?'"

Thanks. Love you too.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:43 pm

Rocinante wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Thanks. Love you too.
Jon Landau wrote:I saw my rock ‘n’ roll past flash before my eyes. And I saw something else: I saw rock and roll future and its name is Rocinante. And on a night when I needed to feel young, he made me feel like I was hearing music for the very first time.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:45 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Thanks. Love you too.
Jon Landau wrote:I saw my rock ‘n’ roll past flash before my eyes. And I saw something else: I saw rock and roll future and its name is Rocinante. And on a night when I needed to feel young, he made me feel like I was hearing music for the very first time.

in 1998. I was the origins of dream pop.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:47 pm

Rocinante wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

in 1998. I was the origins of dream pop.
So, I used to play guitar when I was at State, and made up some songs. - Page 2 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:39 pm

Well, shit, that was easy. I think I just uploaded it to soundcloud...

Hold please....
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:48 pm

I can't fucking figure this website out. goddammit
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:01 pm

OK, maybe I did it...

Keep in mind, again, that this is a shit recording made on a four track recorder (by my now deceased roomie) back in the early 90's, in a basement by a couple of (probably) drunk kids.  It was transferred from garden variety cassette tape to digital in the '00's some time by MSUJdog who somehow fed it through his walkman into his fucking computer and made it into a damn computer file for me.  There is no percussion so we are off beat quite a bit.  The levels are fucked up, and Jdog actually fucked up once in here and went to dead air somehow for a couple of seconds at one point, but it is what it is. We are 100% self taught.  No vocals... all we have is us, our axes and some damn pedals to cover up all the mistakes we make.

I hope some of you can dig it.  Although it is no where near refined enough for my tastes, I still kind of dig it.

Ty and Ger - Social Buffalo (that is what we were going to call our band) - In the Mud (that was going to be our first album title).

None of it got beyond this phase though unfortunately.  It would have been cool to actually get a drummer and a singer and pay for some studio time just for shits and giggles.

Last edited by tTy on Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:01 pm

lol, looks like it's still processing. I think this thing is almost an hour long.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:11 pm

Sounds like something Alex would listen to in his Fiero.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:14 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Sounds like something Alex would listen to in his Fiero.

I knew you'd like it!
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:25 am

tTy wrote:I hope some of you can dig it.  Although it is no where near refined enough for my tastes, I still kind of dig it.

Ty and Ger - Social Buffalo (that is what we were going to call our band) - In the Mud (that was going to be our first album title).

So, I used to play guitar when I was at State, and made up some songs. - Page 2 3493939353
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:28 am

Nordic wrote:
tTy wrote:I hope some of you can dig it.  Although it is no where near refined enough for my tastes, I still kind of dig it.

lol, some of it is ok, some of it is turrible. thanks Nordy....
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:25 am

It's too bad the CIA didn't have access to this in August 2001, those fuckers would have talked.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:09 am

tTy wrote:It would have been cool to actually get a drummer and a singer and pay for some studio time just for shits and giggles.

I think Mrs. Miller would have been the perfect singer for your band.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:26 pm

You know how many bands in basements at parties I went to in high school that sounded exactly like this?

Let's just say a lot.

Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:28 pm

So I fast forwarded to about 40 min. in and it sounds like the same thing but with a flange instead of a wahwah.  Should I listen to more, or is that about it?

So, I used to play guitar when I was at State, and made up some songs. - Page 2 502811600
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:54 pm

Rocinante wrote:So I fast forwarded to about 40 min. in and it sounds like the same thing but with a flange instead of a wahwah.  Should I listen to more, or is that about it?

So, I used to play guitar when I was at State, and made up some songs. - Page 2 502811600

I dug the first 2-3 riffs. I don't know wtf I'm talking about, but that sounded like some legit geetar playing. Bass dude was obv having trouble keeping up with tTy's vision.

By the 31 minute mark though, it sounded like the shrooms started to kick it.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:00 pm

Nordic wrote:By the 31 minute mark though, it sounded like the shrooms started to kick it.

The most impressive part for me was the selection of the 'shrooms & Black Label combination.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:13 pm

Suck it haters.  I already have a huge fan who is pretty much a groupie that I could bang the hell out of pretty much whenever I wanna.

So, I used to play guitar when I was at State, and made up some songs. - Page 2 Untitl12
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:19 am

tTy wrote:Suck it haters.  I already have a huge fan who is pretty much a groupie that I could bang the hell out of pretty much whenever I wanna.

So, I used to play guitar when I was at State, and made up some songs. - Page 2 Untitl12

Too bad that when she asks you about the guitar you won't be able to tell her jack shit.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:28 am

tTy wrote:Suck it haters.  I already have a huge fan who is pretty much a groupie that I could bang the hell out of pretty much whenever I wanna.

Looks like we have the makings of a 90s grunge boy band
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:11 am

LooseGoose wrote:It's too bad the CIA didn't have access to this in August 2001, those fuckers would have talked.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:15 am

pulling69 wrote:

Too bad that when she asks you about the guitar you won't be able to tell her jack shit.

How ugly is the dude who created cee_licious' profile if that's the photo of a woman he decided to use?

I'll bet when he listens to tTy singing, he's rubbing his nipples with his index fingers.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2