Make weed legal. Tax it. Help fix the toads.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Make weed legal. Tax it. Help fix the toads.  Empty Make weed legal. Tax it. Help fix the toads.

Post by DWags on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 7:20

How much would that raise?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Make weed legal. Tax it. Help fix the toads.  Empty Re: Make weed legal. Tax it. Help fix the toads.

Post by InTenSity on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 8:03

Colorado's roads are now paved with gold. So maybe enough.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Make weed legal. Tax it. Help fix the toads.  Empty Re: Make weed legal. Tax it. Help fix the toads.

Post by Floyd Robertson on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 8:06

I don't know how much it would raise, but Michigan's roads can use every dollar they can scrape up.  Sometimes the ends justify the means.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 8:32

They're also talking about a 40% increase in registration fees. So basically just fuck over the tax payer.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 8:46

admittedly, it's fun watching the super majority anti-tax republicans - who occupy both chambers of the legislature and the Governors office - have to find a way to actually run a state  Make weed legal. Tax it. Help fix the toads.  502811600

they tried to pass their difficult decisions off on the taxpayers last spring but, thankfully, even the electorate saw through their attempt to dodge responsibility and pass a tax increase off on the voters.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 8:51

kingstonlake wrote:They're also talking about a 40% increase in registration fees. So basically just fuck over the tax payer.
But they aren't raising your taxes, just increasing the amount of 'fees'.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 8:58

Robert J Sakimano wrote:admittedly, it's fun watching the super majority anti-tax republicans - who occupy both chambers of the legislature and the Governors office - have to find a way to actually run a state  Make weed legal. Tax it. Help fix the toads.  502811600

they tried to pass their difficult decisions off on the taxpayers last spring but, thankfully, even the electorate saw through their attempt to dodge responsibility and pass a tax increase off on the voters.

You do realize raising taxes will further the exodus out of the state don't you? Being low cost is pretty much the only thing mi has going for it
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 9:09

Blanch32 wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:admittedly, it's fun watching the super majority anti-tax republicans - who occupy both chambers of the legislature and the Governors office - have to find a way to actually run a state  Make weed legal. Tax it. Help fix the toads.  502811600

You do realize raising taxes will further the exodus out of the state don't you? Being low cost is pretty much the only thing mi has going for it

You think Michigan has low tax rates? Would be interested to hear how you reached that conclusion.
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 9:10

Leave weed alone, it's paying my bills.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 9:12

DWags wrote:How much would that raise?

I like turtles
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 9:42

Tanfan! wrote:
DWags wrote:How much would that raise?

I like turtles

Didn't we bet the uofm game? 100 and a ban?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 9:49

Blanch32 wrote:

your grasp on the economics of state government is something that we all can just sit back and admire.

please - tell us more about how not increasing state revenue as basic physical structures of the state continue to deteriorate enhances industry, tourism and the quality of life in Michigan.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 11:23

Fuck the toads man. I hate fucking toads.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 11:29

Decrease the weight limits for trucks to fix the roads for starters. MI allows the highest weight loads for any state in the country.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 11:31

Make weed legal. Tax it. Help fix the toads.  Tumblr_nmd1p6GMyz1s8x7t8o1_500
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 11:35

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

your grasp on the economics of state government is something that we all can just sit back and admire.

please - tell us more about how not increasing state revenue as basic physical structures of the state continue to deteriorate enhances industry, tourism and the quality of life in Michigan.

Snyder has done a great job...possibly the top Governor in our state's history...too bad he had to focus so much on cleaning up the 8 years of hell under Granholm, who is likely the worst Governor the sate of MI has ever had.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 11:42

The_Dude wrote:Decrease the weight limits for trucks to fix the roads for starters.  MI allows the highest weight loads for any state in the country.

Yeah, if only a lawmaker would propose such outside the box thinking.........

http://www.mlive.com/lansing-news/index.ssf/2014/12/michigan_roads_bill_to_reduce.html
“This bill is well intentioned but it’s not ripe yet," said Sen. John Pappageorge, R-Troy, who voted against the measure. "The facts have not been established.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 11:51

The_Dude wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:your grasp on the economics of state government is something that we all can just sit back and admire.

Snyder has done a great job...possibly the top Governor in our state's history...too bad he had to focus so much on cleaning up the 8 years of hell under Granholm, who is likely the worst Governor the sate of MI has ever had.
the only thing worse than Snyder is the legislature who participates in paid-by-taxpayer cover up sexual escapades while allowing the roads and, ergo, commerce go down the toilet.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 12:01

Robert J Sakimano wrote:while allowing the roads and, ergo, commerce go down the toilet.

Or spend $$ from the roads fund on fucking bike paths.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 12:06

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:while allowing the roads and, ergo, commerce go down the toilet.

Or spend $$ from the roads fund on fucking bike paths.
that would be a good idea.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 15:07

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Fuck the toads man. I hate fucking toads.

Toads gave me genital warts.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 15:17

I'm so glad we're finally over the game and back to political bickering. I've missed it so much.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 15:34

Gas Tax.
Toll Roads.
Make up a new Lottery Game.

Those are the options.
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 15:54

NigelUno wrote:Gas Tax.
Toll Roads.

Those are the options.

What about the marijuanas ?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 17:04

tGreenWay wrote:

I think you're using them wrong.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 17:34

Had one on my porch when I walked out of the house this morning. Nasty little fuckers.

All the more reason to fix them, so they don't keep reproducing.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 18:04

Make weed legal. Tax it. Help fix the toads.  Simpsons_11_15_P3
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 18:16

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Gas Tax.
Toll Roads.

Those are the options.

What about the marijuanas ?

That's not an option for fixing the roads. Any tax on that will go to some bullshit government addiction programs and/or bureaucratic nonsense.
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 18:44

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I think you're using them wrong.
Make weed legal. Tax it. Help fix the toads.  502811600 That was my first thought
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 19:20

I hit one with my lawnmower the other day, cut that little fucker in half, the long way.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 19:29

The_Dude wrote:Decrease the weight limits for trucks to fix the roads for starters. MI allows the highest weight loads for any state in the country.

They also require the most axles to distribute the weight.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 19:41

DWags wrote:
Tanfan! wrote:

I like turtles

DWags wrote:
Tanfan! wrote:

Nope. You insisted on a ban. I said no. No consideration. Therefore. No agreement.
I like turtles

tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 19:42

gHost Spartan wrote:
DWags wrote:

Tanny, pay the man - seriously, don't be a fucking SpartyScott or Tui

My position on the bet was well documented. I said no ban. He never agreed. Therefore no meeting of the minds.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 20:15

Tanfan! wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:

Tanny, pay the man - seriously, don't be a fucking SpartyScott or Tui

My position on the bet was well documented. I said no ban. He never agreed. Therefore no meeting of the minds.

You will always be my bitch brother. Chicken out of bets, and it wasn't a meeting of the minds. I took your bet. You refused to add the ban. Here's why.: you know I'm right. When it comes to you I'm always right.

Like Izzo, I'm a genius.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 20:39

DWags wrote:
Tanfan! wrote:

You will always be my bitch brother. Chicken out of bets, and it wasn't a meeting of the minds. I took your bet. You refused to add the ban. Here's why.: you know I'm right. When it comes to you I'm always right.

Like Izzo, I'm a genius.

Umm. Ok.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 21:19

Tanfan! wrote:
DWags wrote:

Like Izzo, I'm a genius.

Umm. Ok.

This is how you and Nigel should respond to each other.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 21:27

DWags wrote:
Tanfan! wrote:

Like Izzo, I'm a genius.

Make weed legal. Tax it. Help fix the toads.  3775540924
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 21:33

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

Like Izzo, I'm a genius.

It's between Dwags and tanfan. Stay out of it, dipshit
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 21:44

The Pantry wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

It's between Dwags and tanfan. Stay out of it, dipshit

Make weed legal. Tax it. Help fix the toads.  4113017228
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 21:47

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Tanfan! wrote:

Umm. Ok.

This is how you and Nigel should respond to each other.

NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum